• Published 10th Nov 2018
  • 3,263 Views, 12 Comments

Princess Twilight Meets New Friends - Lonely Fanboy48



While everyone was gone, including Human Twilight, Princess Twilight spends her Summer vacation in the Mirror World by meeting people she missed when she was away.

  • ...
12
 12
 3,263

Lily And Water’s Day With The Princess

Lily Pad was Pinkie Pie’s favorite child to babysit. But, even without Pinkie Pie around, Lily Pad was able to handle things by herself. Especially with regards to her younger sister, Water Lily.

Today, the Lily sisters were at the beach, spending some much desired time with their mother. It wasn’t often that they got to spend time together as a family, and the day at the beach was more than what they could have asked for.

Flash and Twilight both finished their ice cream cones, and were currently in the water together.

“You know, it seems like ice cream always tastes better on the beach,” Flash said, as he splashed around in the surf.

“It probably has something to do with the ocean air,” Twilight said, as she swam past him with a backstroke.

Back on the beach, the Lily sisters were making a large sandcastle together.

“Here,” Water Lily said, as she hauled over another pail of sand, “We can use this for the west turrets.”

Lily Pad didn’t respond right away.

“What’s wrong?” Water Lily asked.

“Nothing. I was just thinking this would be more fun with Pinkie Pie around,” Lily Pad answered.

“Yeah,” Water Lily agreed. “But, it’s not going to be too long. The tour’s only for a month. She’ll be back before we know it. And all of her friends too.”

Lily Pad knew there was truth in her sister’s words. But a month was such a long time to wait. She didn’t know if she could go that long. Until she saw something in the surf that brought a smile to her face.

“Hey! That’s Twilight over there!” Lily Pad said.

Sure enough, when Water Lily looked to where her sister pointed, there was Twilight Sparkle playing with a boy in the surf.

“Do you think she’s back with the others?” Water Lily asked.

“Sure. Where Twilight goes, the others are always around,” Lily Pad said, before she and her sister ran over to greet the older girl.

In the water, Twilight and Flash both stopped splashing one another when they noticed two young girls approaching them.

“Twilight!” one of the girls greeted her. “I thought you were supposed to be on tour with the others.”

“The tour? Uh...Well, that’s a bit of a long story,” Twilight hastily explained. Here she was, faced with children she had never seen a day before in her life, who apparently knew her well. This was going to take tact to handle. “There was a problem with the tour bus.”

“That doesn’t sound like a very long story,” Water Lily said.

“Who cares why she’s not on tour. That just means that Pinkie’s still here too. Where is she right now?” Lily Pad asked.

“Where’s who?” Twilight wondered.

“Pinkie Pie. Where is she?” Lily Pad asked impatiently.

“Pinkie? She’s…” Twilight’s mind raced for an excuse. She had to say something that would throw off the suspicions of the girls. “She’s out of town. She’s with Applejack, visiting her aunt.”

“You mean Pinkie’s out of town while the bus is getting fixed?” Lily Pad wondered.

“Yes,” was all Twilight said.

“Sounds like something Pinkie would do,” Lily Pad shrugged. “Want to go play with us on the beach?”

“Um, I’m a little busy at the moment,” Twilight said, not wanting to spend more time than necessary around these girls.

“Aw, come on, Twilight. Do you really want to let down these kids?” Flash asked.

“I--But--Alright,” Twilight conceded.

“YAY!” the Lily sisters both shouted.

As soon as she heard that shout, Twilight knew that she was soon be back in over her head.


Timber was bored of sitting atop his lifeguard tower. He had only taken the job to earn money over the summer, but was starting to wonder if this was really worth the boredom. Nothing ever happened on this job. Nobody needed his help, other than to ask where the concessions stand or the restroom was.

Out in the water, he saw something new. Twilight was playing in the surf with another boy, along with two children.

“Since when does Twilight look after kids?” Timber thought to himself. He saw the way that the other boy in the water lifted Twilight by her waist and fell backward into the water. “Since when did she meet that guy!?”

Timber didn’t know what to make of the situation. Whatever the case, he was going to keep a close eye on that other boy.

As Twilight frolicked in the water, she was suddenly overtaken by the two young girls. Normally, she didn’t have such an inclination toward playtime with children, but things seemed different in this other world.

“Alright. That’s enough. If I stay down any longer, you’re going to drown me,” Twilight giggled.

“You can’t drown mermaids,” Water Lily said, as she started splashing through the water, like one of the mythical water ladies.

“Yeah. Mermaids aren’t afraid of water,” Lily Pad said, joining in with her sister.

“Mermaids aren’t scared of anything!” Water Lily declared.

The younger girls gasped when they saw Flash swimming toward them just below the surface, until he burst out and grabbed them both in his arms.

“Except their natural predator: the great white shark!” Flash laughed.

The girls all laughed along with Flash. Truly, this was everything that Twilight was working toward at the Princess of Friendship. Everyone was behaving so harmoniously with one another as if they were the best of friends, even though they had just met.

In that moment, an idea occurred to Lily Pad.

“Hey, why don’t we go and see some real fish?” she suggested.

“That would be great. But, I think they’re a little too far out for us to see,” Twilight said.

“That’s not a problem. There’s a tour boat that goes by the reefs around here. We can see the fish that way,” Flash suggested.

“Can we go, Twilight? Please,” Water Lily asked.

It didn’t take much convincing for Twilight. One look from the young girl she had been bonding with so readily was all it took to sway her.

“Sure we can,” Twilight said.


The four paid for a boat tour of the reefs nearby, and were given their diving equipment and instructions on how to use it. Once they reached their destination, they and their tour guide all dove into the water. Beneath the surface, there was another world unlike any other Twilight had seen.

It was like a colorful forest of living trees below the water. And among the rocks and coral, tiny fish swam about. Schools of anchovies swam about, before they were dispersed by Flash speeding through them like a sea lion. Curious eels poked their heads out of their rocky hideaways. Twilight found that a school of seahorses were inexplicably attracted to her. Clownfish popped in and out of their anemone homes. Water Lily tried to touch one of them, but was stopped by Twilight.

Under the water, Lily Pad swam about as if she truly was a mermaid. Bubbles burst from her snorkel as she spun about, which spiraled around her. Joining the bubbles were a school of small silver fish, which swam around her as if she were a member of their own.

After the experience, Lily Pad found the need for air growing within herself. Quickly she paddled her way to the surface, and gasped for air when she arose. Shortly after, she was joined by the others.

“That was great! That was the best day ever!” Water Lily said.

“Can we do this again sometime?” Lily Pad asked.

“Sure, we can. And we can bring the ‘great white shark’ too,” Twilight said, nodding toward Flash, who smiled.


Once Twilight and the others reached the shore, they noticed that Timber wasn’t at his lifeguard tower.

“Maybe he went to spend time with the others,” Twilight thought.

They returned to The Shadowbolts spot on the beach. There, the team was setting up a volleyball net, until Lemon Zest noticed the new arrivals.

“Hey, Twilight. Got around to some babysitting?” Lemon said.

“She’s not babysitting. We’re having fun together,” Lily Pad explained.

“Who’d have thought? I’ve never seen our Twilight go anywhere near kids before,” Indigo said, before her friends abruptly covered her mouth.

“What did she mean by that?” Lily Pad wondered.

Before Twilight could even worry about making an excuse for the offhand remark, there came a voice calling.

“Lily Pad! Water Lily! It’s time to go!”

“That’s mom!” Water Lily said.

“Sorry, Twilight, but we have to go now,” Lily Pad said.

“That’s alright. I’m looking forward to the next time we can see each other,” Twilight said.

“Alright. Bye,” Lily Pad bade her new friend.

“Goodbye,” Water Lily said, before she and her sister walked off toward their waiting mother.

Twilight watched the two girls leave, feeling as if something new and precious was leaving her.

“You’re going to miss them now, aren’t you?” Flash asked.

Twilight said nothing, but nodded slowly.

“Hey Twilight!” Sour Sweet called out. “Can you come here please?”