• Published 26th Dec 2018
  • 664 Views, 1 Comments

THE FINAL BATTLE, AND THE DAWN OF A NEW ERA - Robert Emerald Fountain



The end of the war with Satan, and the events after retiring

  • ...
 1
 664

Deaths of Celestia and Luna

Three weeks after Diamond Radiance's birth,

Celestia and Luna had been enjoying their retirement thoroughly, after having crowned Twilight the new ruler of Equestria. They hoped that they would be able to live as long as they could. However, no one can live forever. They knew the end was in sight, but not when it would come. They dreaded the time when the end would come. They had recently been diagnosed with arthritis in their wings, due to their old age. Their doctor had warned them to be careful when flying. Otherwise, their wings could cramp, and they would have a rough landing. Soon, they were flying over Equestria when a storm picked up. Not knowing that it would get worse, they flapped harder to get back to Canterlot. They suddenly felt agonizing pain in their wings. The guards saw them go down, and rushed to assist them.

"YOUR MAJESTIES, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?", they asked, panicking.

They also happened to see that both princesses were injured from the crash. Celestia had gotten a bad cut on her forehead, and suffered from other organs being damaged. Luna had twisted one of her ankles, and had recieved a severe laceration on her back. She also had damaged organs, like her big sister. They had both punctured their hearts, and their lungs were filling with blood. Unable to speak, they passed out from their injuries.

"PRINCESS TWILIGHT, PRINCESS FLURRY HEART, COME IN!! THIS IS ROYAL GUARD SUNBEAM!! PRINCESSES CELESTIA AND LUNA ARE CRITICALLY INJURED AND UNCONSCIOUS!! REQUESTING ASSISTANCE!!", Sunbeam called over his radio.

"I am on my way there, Sunbeam.", Twilight replied instantly.

"Sir, I will be there as fast as I can, over and out.", Flurry Heart replied.

Flurry Heart asked Emerald Sparkle, to watch Diamond for her while she was out. Rushing with all of her might, she reached the Everfree Forest and met Twilight in only five minutes. They did what they could, in an attempt to help get Luna and Celestia to the Royal Canterlot Hospital, but it was no use, the sisters were too heavy for them to carry.

"Odyssey, Phoenix, THIS IS FLURRY HEART!! WE NEED ASSISTANCE, NOW!! CELESTIA AND LUNA ARE INJURED, AND WE CAN NOT CARRY THEM TO THE HOSPITAL!! HURRY!!", she cried over her headset.

Brandon and Link showed up in a flash. Brandon lowered a rescue claw from Odyssey to pick up Celestia. Link followed suit, lowering his rescue claw from his ship, the Phoenix, and picking up Luna. They flew the sisters to Canterlot, and got them in the hospital. They worked swiftly to close up the cuts, and to repair the damaged organs. Before their vitals dropped out, they spoke quietly to Twilight.

"We know you will do well as the new ruler.", Celestia whispered before passing with a smile on her face.

"Good Luck, Twilight. Equestria awaits you.", whispered Luna, before she smiled and passed.

Their funeral was held two days later. The entire nation was present. Murdoc and MacGyver had fully retired from the Lemurian Star's crew. All that remained were Link, Brandon, Colin, Fraaz, Stephen, Kirby, Meta Knight, Ariel, Melody, Draculaura, Clawdeen, Clawd, Cleo, Lagoona, Ghoulia, Frankie, Spyro, and Cynder. All of them, along with Emerald, and Flurry Heart were among those who attended. Link gave the main speech, asking the nation to constantly remain in loving memory of their greatest princesses. Flurry Heart tearfully cast a levitation spell on the caskets, and pulled them up the center of the aisle. They had curved glass covers, and the princesses were dressed up nicely. They were surrounded by flowers which made them look pretty. Flurry did not care, however. She cried her heart out, as she took them forth to the hall of heroes. The whole audience mourned as they saw the princesses' bodies being brought past them. In the Hall of Heroes, Celestia and Luna were placed in the center of the chamber. Knowing that Diamond would be crying and fussing softly, Flurry pretended that her daughter was not there.