• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 1,357 Views, 8 Comments

Being Brave Part III - artman7391

  • ...
17
 8
 1,357

Grand Tour

For Cory's friends, the town of Ponyville was like an LSD trip on steroids to the power of ten. Everything was so bright and colorful, as if a skilled confectionery dropped a thousand tons of melted candy and frosting over a quaint village. Even more abnormal were the residents, where everyone was either a Pony, Pegasi, or Unicorn. Not a single bipedal resident could be found, which left his friends to question: How did they build this town with just hooves and mouths? Then again, this was an alternate world, so what were they to complain about.

Their first stop was Sweet Apple Acres, the first half of Cory's new, permanent residence. Today seemed to be very typical for Ponyville's number one produce station. After all, the orchard was already in full blossom, with each tree glimmering with the fresh ripeness of thick juicy apples ready to be plucked and sold to market. It was then Cory and Applejack stepped inside the Apple barn and introduced to rest of his family to his friends, who still seemed to be wrapping their heads around the idea of talking horses. Though Big Mac, Granny Smith and Applebloom intended to give the five of them a hoof shake, they couldn't decide whether to fist bump them or wrap their arms around their forelegs.

"Don't worry." Cory said "I too had trouble greeting them first time around."

"So you're name's Capricore now huh?" Jolene asked.

"Basically." Cory replied "But my nickname's still Cory. I mean, if you're living in a world populated by ponies, it's best to let them give you a proper pony name."

"And one of your new siblings is Applebloom?"

"That's my name. Don't hoof it out." Applebloom replied.

"Strange." Jolene said to herself. "That's the name of the girl I share fruit stands with when selling my produce at the local market."

"Well aint that a coincidence?" Applejack replied. "We make produce for our town and sell it every week."

"Come to think of it." Jolene continued "I do vaguely remember the Applebloom from our world having a big sister that sort of looked like you."

"So, how did you find Cory again?" Rachel asked.

"My friends 'n I found my new brother at the town junkyard." Applebloom explained

"We knew we needed a stable colt workin around the farm." Granny Smith added "So we washed him up and put him to work right away."

"And he's been workin with us ever since." Applejack added

"Eeyup" Big Mac added.

Cory then escorted his friends upstairs to his new bedroom. It was a sight to behold for all five of them. Every nook and cranny of the attic was filled with some of the most articulately crafted artwork anyone could ever dream of. From paintings, to sculptures, to pottery, to fine jewelry, to everything in between, it was like staring at santa's private quarters if he decided to give art instead of toys. Even more so, the light from the attic window appeared to give everything a luminous glow, adding to his dreamy effect. To their left was a messy desk covered in pencils, paint, brushes, paper, and other art related assortments. But the five of them didn't mind. They knew their friend was working on another great project.

In the center of all the creativity and imagination stood a warm, cozy bed with a nightstand by it's side. There was a small unlit lantern placed on top a large wooden dresser and a rug at the bedside where supposedly Cory placed his feet first thing in the morning. But the item that intrigued them the most was a medium sized, framed picture placed on the wall at the back of his bed. In it was Cory himself surrounded by what was clearly many other members of the Twilight and Apple family.

"Sorry about the mess." Cory confessed sheepishly.

"Oh, not at all." Rachel replied. "Your artwork is very beautiful."

"Yeah, I must admit. It is quite alluring."

"Are you kidding me?" Camden asked "Alluring isn't even a strong enough word to describe this place."

"I don't think even words can describe this place." Tony added.

"So your'e like some well known artist in this world?" Katie asked.

"Well I get commissions from all over Equestria." Cory replied "So yeah."

"Sure explains why every building in this town has at least one of your creations." Camden thought.

The next stop was the eloquent Carousel Boutique. Inside trotted Rarity herself, who was busy conjuring up another one of her wearable masterpieces. At that moment she spotted Cory and his five human friends entering the scene. All but Cory dropped their jaws as they saw this dark purple maned unicorn levitate a few sewing items. How is that even possible? They thought to themselves.

"Your'e not alone." "I freaked out the first time I saw that happen." Cory chuckled as he clapped Camden's jaw back into place.

"Sweet Celestia!" gasped Rarity. "Are those your five other human friends Cory?"

"They sure are." He replied with a gratuitous bow. " Miss Rarity. I'd like you to meet Jolene, Camden, Tony, Rachel, and Katie."

The five of them just waved back with a meek 'hello,' as they still tried to wrap their heads around the idea of real magic.

"My, my." Rarity pondered. "It is such an honor to meet you all. Cory has told me so much about you."

"Uh, the pleasure's all ours?" Camden replied.

"What's the matter?" Rarity asked.

"It's just, there's someone back home I knew by the name of Rarity. I think she owned a boutique across the street from my house."

"Oh. Were you two friends?"

"Well, if by friends I think you'd mean..."

"Oh, I almost forgot to tell you all." Rarity interrupted. "Cory has been my personal chauffeur over the last few months."

Cory blushed as she said this.

"The two of us have done so much traveling picture taking together haven't we?"

"Rarity." Cory replied. "You really don't have to go that deep into..."

"As a matter of fact, I believe I do still have that suit you use whenever I need your handsome presence around."

She turned around and started to head for the back room.

"Oh and I do think you should see these photos on the cover of canter lot weekly."

"Ok Rarity. I think you should..."

"The ensemble I made for him was just stunning. Especially how he strikes a pose in them."

As she trotted to the back room, Cory's friends just stated at him in bewilderment.

"I don't think anyone but us ever called you handsome before." Said Rachel.

"Well," Cory replied " given that I am kind of the first human to set foot in Equestrian, I have been a target for some fashion exposes"

"Come to think of it, I don't think we ever saw you talk so professionally before." Said Camden.

"I think we can all thank my new mom for that. You see..."

"HERE THEY ARE." sung Rarity as she dashed out of the back room with a levitating magazine.

"Oh boy." Cory said as he covered his face.

"Just look at the form and agility you humans bring in these creations of mine." She continued as she showed the pics to his friends.

The five of them just winced in confusion as they looked at their friend dressed in what looked like a combination between circus and victorian giddup. The bottom of the magazine pages read: "All the rage." "Human In Equestria." "Two legs never looked so good." Cory just stood in the corner, blushing in embarrassment.

"Ok Rarity." Cory said as he shoved his friends away. "I think that's enough today. My friends and I need to get a move on."

"But Cory dear." Rarity insisted. "I don't think your companions have seen the costumes in person."

"That's sweet, but maybe some other time. bye."

As just as fast as they came in, the six human friends whisked themselves out. Cory took a deep breath as he leaned himself against the front door.

"Sorry about all that." He said as he caught his breath. "She's really generous, but she can be quite a handful sometimes."

"I tell you what. That is one eccentric unicorn." Camden commented.

"You should see Pinkie Pie." Cory replied "Eccentric doesn't even begin to cover her personality."

"Pinkie Pie?" Tony asked, to which Cory nodded.

"Strange. That's the name of...I'll tell you later, could you show us to her?"

Cory nodded as he led them to Pinkie's house. At first, everything inside seemed quiet and lifeless, until suddenly, a large music/baking machine appeared out of nowhere and started to play a jaunty tune. It was then, the cotton candy colored party pony known as Pinkie Pie jumped from the ceiling and started to sing:



And from out of the machine spewed confetti and streamers followed by five cupcakes that popped out of the oven and into his friends hands.

"Guys." Cory said. "This here is Pinkie Pie, Pinkie Pie this is..."

"Gasp. Are you those five humans Cory's been talking about that he was really close friends with named Jolene, Camden, Tony, Rachel and Katie and the five of you went to Canterlot High and saw Twilight in your world when she was getting her crown back and after she left you all decided to band together and look for him and after searching and searching you came across the shack you all used to hang out in that transported you to the Everfree Forest and you finally found Cory who was working on one of his sculptures and now he's giving you a grand tour of Ponyville and introducing you to his pony friends?" Asked Pinkie Pie.

All five friends just looked at her with stunned faces.

"How did you know that?" asked a bewildered Katie.

"Just a hunch." Pinkie answered with a sheepish grin.

"Strange." Said Tony. "You have the same name, look and personality of a funny girl I knew back home."

"Oooooo, really?" Pinkie replied.

"Yeah, the two of us became clown partners shortly after the fall formal. Up until we found Cory, Pinkie and I took part in almost every special event in town. From town fairs, to grand openings, to holiday specials, to everything in between. We even made a secret handshake just like Cory's."

"Well I know a secret hoofshake I share with only my most special of friends." Pinkie replied while hopping towards tony.

"Can't you teach me." Tony asked.

"Oh, silly. I can't tell ya that." she replied as she leaned to to his ear.

"It's a seeeeeecreeeet." To which she patted him on the head with her hoof.

"Oh, by the way, all of you should also know that since I'm technically Applejack's fourth cousin twice removed by a fifth cousin, I'm part of Cory's family too!!"

"So let me get this straight." Katie said to Cory. "Your new mom is a princess, your sister is a farmer, and your cousin is a party clown of some kind?"

"Basically." Cory shrugged.

"This tour just gets better and better." she replied.

The next stop was Fluttershy's quaint little cottage. To his friends, the house was somewhere between a Hobbit home and Snow White's abode.

"Did we just land in some kind of Fairy Tale or something?" Tony asked.

"You should see the resident of this place." Cory replied.

At that moment, they heard from behind the cottage what sounded like the most angelic singing voice imaginable.

"I think that's her." Said Cory as he escorted them to the back.

In front of their eyes beheld what appeared to be a light coated Pegasi taming a wide assortment of animals, to which all five stared in disbelief.



It was at that moment Fluttershy noticed the six of them.

"Gasp Oh My goodness." She squealed "Five more humans!!"

In a half second flat, she zoomed up to them like a scientist discovering a new specimen.

"Cory, are these those friends of your's you've been talking about?" asked Fluttershy.

"Another one of your friends is a flying horse?" asked Katie

"I believe the proper term is Pegusi." Cory replied. "Guys, I'd like you all to meet Fluttershy."

"I'm ever so glad to meet you." She answered with a timid voice. "Cory has told me so much about you."

It was then Rachel noticed all the animals behind her.

"Are you some kind of animal trainer?" She asked

"Not exactly." Fluttershy responded "I'm a creature caretaker. A certified lover of all animals great and small, except of course dragons. In fact, I actually helped nurse Cory back to health once."

"Funny." Said Rachel as she walked up to a pair of squirrels "Your name and personality remind me of a certain someone I knew back home."

"Oh. Was she a caretaker also?" Asked Fluttershy.

"I think she was a student over at a school we sent to. We met on a few occasions at the local animal shelter. She gave me a few tips on how to nurse baby animals and teach unruly pets how to behave."

"Really? I actually have a special behavioral technique myself. It's called "the stare."

She then flew over to a nearby octet of raccoons who were causing a lot of mayhem at what looked like a bird house.

"Watch closely." she said quietly.

Then she turned her attention to the rambunctious critters, took a deep breath and opened her eyes with a look that could kill. Just like that, the raccoons dropped the wooden planks and steel rods that held the bird house together. Then, to everyone's surprise, they cleaned up their mess and scurried away.

"Are you some kind of mind bender?" Tony asked.

"I wish I had a bit for every time somepony asked me that." Fluttershy replied.

Soon Cory and friends were back on the trail. Their next stop was a great big field with nothing but clouds to fill the void.

"Soooo what are we doing here?" Katie asked

"This is where Rainbow Dash usually hangs out and practices some of her moves." Cory replied.

"Who's Rainbow Dash?"

Cory pointed to the sky to what looked like a large multicolored lighting bolt heading straight towards them. Everyone but Cory ducked for cover as it came in closer and closer. Then, to their surprise, it did a large loop in the air and landed head first on the ground, making a small crater of dirt and grass. As everyone stood back up and the dust settled, they found themselves face to face with Rainbow Dash herself. To them she looked like the perfect example of a Tomboy on all fours.

"Hey Cory!" Shouted Rainbow Dash "My main protege!"

"On time as always." Cory replied.

Then the two of them engaged in what looked like a combination between a brohoof and a handshake.

"Oh guys." said Cory among noticing his friends "This is my coach Rainbow Dash. She's been teaching me some self-defense moves since I got here. Rainbow Dash, these are my friends, Jolene, Camden, Tony, Katie, and Rachel. "

As he said this, an intrigued Rainbow Dash swooped up to them. She looked at their faces, checked out their clothes, lifted some of them up by the arm and felt their skin.

"Whoa!" Said a bewildered Rainbow Dash. "So these are them friends you've been talking about."

"Hold on." Katie interrupted "Your name's Rainbow Dash right?"

"As if I had a better name." Dash responded with a prideful smirk.

"Strange. That's the captain of the Basketball team I was on back at Canterlot High. I think we made it to the state finals the last time I saw her."

"Huh. Is that so?"

"C'mon Rainbow Dash." Said Cory "Lets show em those self defense moves you taught me."

"Your'e on!" Dash replied.

The two of them positioned themselves in the middle of the field, while Cory's friends watched nervously on the side bleachers.

"You ready?" Asked Rainbow Dash

"Bring it on." Cory replied.

Before they knew it, Rainbow Dash was charging right in front of their friend.

"I can't watch." squealed a frightened Rachel.

But, to their amazement, Cory bended over and somersaulted to his left at the last minute.

"Beat that." Cory said as Dash flew to the edge.

"Oh, I'm just getting warmed up." Said Rainbow Dash who was cracking her forelegs.

Then she swooped down as if about to do a super saiyan mega punch. His friends were now holding their breaths. But soon they could breathe as Cory miraculously blocked the blow with his arm and the two began to engage in a small sparring brawl. Jolene, Tony, Camden, Rachel and Katie all dropped their jaws as they saw their friend demonstrate a rather impressive display of kicks, jabs, spins and even a flip or two in the air. The five of them had no idea how much he could take.

Suddenly, After what seemed to be an eternity, Dash made a trick move and grabbed him in a headlock. Now his friends were truly at the edge of their seats.

"Anything to say before we call it a draw?" Asked Dash.

"Just one." Answered a wheezing Cory. "Heads.....UP!!"

To their surprise, Cory head butted Dash with with a blow to the forehead, to which she landed with a thud on the grassy knoll. Yet, she got up and brushed off the dirt like it was nothing.

"Nice foot work there Cory." Rainbow Dash acknowledged

"Learned it from the best." Cory replied as he turned to five dropped jaws and ten flailing arms.