• Published 5th Nov 2018
  • 1,360 Views, 8 Comments

Being Brave Part III - artman7391

  • ...
17
 8
 1,360

Team A

It was already mid-afternoon. The academy of Stiffson was more busy (and disciplinary) than ever to prepare for this rather important day. The perfectly scored students were diligently tidying up the room while the undesired were locked up in detention hall. Everything seemed to be in tip top shape. Not a sound was heard in the locker bay, nor a speck of dirt could be found on the walls. In addition, every uniform was perfectly pressed, every haircut accurately trimmed, every footstep in exact unison. It was almost enough to put a smile on Stiffson's face.

Just then, a knock was heard at the front entrance. One of the hall monitors walked up to answer it. Staring at him was Sunset Shimmer with a few incoming students behind her, each one a delinquent in comparison to the conservative apparel of the academy. The expression on his face was obviously an unimpressive one as he grimaced at their rather abnormal stylings before focusing his attention towards Shimmer.

"Ah, Miss Sunset." Said the Hall Monitor, "What a pleasure to have you here."

"The pleasure is all mine." Sunset replied with a menacing grin.

"...If there is anything to be pleasurable about." Katie muttered under her breath, to which Sunset jabbed her in the gut.

"Shut up you worthless turd!" Sunset snapped.

"So, what brings you here on such an important day?" Asked the hall monitor.

"Oh, I was just here to give these hopeless causes a tour of your rather fine institution, You know, to put some sense into their feeble brains. That is of course with your permission."

"We told you!" Human Rainbow lied. "We're already enrolled in..."

"One more word out of you..." Sunset said in a demonic hiss "And I'll have that on your permanent record."

It was at that moment the hall monitor was staring at them, to which she made a sheepish grin.

"Well," Replied the Hall monitor as he took out his clipboard. "For such circumstances such as this, we would need a hall pass. But, since you are our proudest of honor students, I don't see why we can't let you in for free. Right this way."

"Thank you." Sunset replied. "Front and center maggots!!"

The rest of team A immediately followed behind her, trying their best to walk in perfect unison.

"I am so sorry about that." Sunset discreetly whispered to Rainbow.

"No problem." Katie replied. "Good acting though."

As they were greeted by other members of security whilst they approached the classroom hallways, the students behind Sunset grabbed out their cellphones, unbeknownst to the other Hall monitors. Sunset did her best to distract them by telling of other times she came to the school. It was then Pinkie and Tony tapped thier thigh twice, giving them all the signal to turn on the cameras. They immediately shoved them up their sleeves or stuffed them in their front pockets, to which they peeked them out ever so slightly. Then, they all scattered into different sections of the school.

"What was that?" Asked one of the monitors.

"Nothing." Sunset replied. "Probably just a few rodents again. Nothing you exterminators can't fix."

"Indeed."

"Say, while these delinquents settle in, would you mind giving me a tour of any new improvements to your highly esteemed academy?"

"It would be a pleasure Miss Sunset."

What they caught was a horrifying sight:

In every finely waxed classroom window was a blank room of empty walls consisting of nothing but desks, students, teachers, and an old chalkboard. Everyone sat with their backs upright, their stomachs tucked in, and their mouths shut. All who so much muttered or coughed was sent straight to the detention hall. More than often, a teacher was seen either screaming at, or whipping a student for getting a problem wrong, calling them "idiot" and "worthless" and forcing everyone else to say the same. A few bloodstains could even be seen on the backs of a few of the students uniforms.

Next, they moved to the mess hall, where the displayed culinary items seemed to parallel that of prison food. Behind the countered were chef's who looked like a cross between crusted bread and old invalids long past retirement. The decor was no better. With it's dreary gray color scheme, it's dim, fluorescent lighting, and it's harsh, stone-like texture, it seemed like a place not even a boot camp would find favorable.

Moving on, they approached the gymnasium, which from an outsiders perspective looked more like a torture chamber. Even it's smell had the stench of human sweat and formaldehyde dust, an aroma not safe for even the most disciplined of noses. More importantly,Every piece of exercise equipment was a giant rigorous device almost too difficult for any adolescent to accomplish. Traces of sweat and blood could be found on a few rusty bars and unhinged place mats, unsuitable for any physical training.

Even worse were the boy and girl locker rooms, whom had the sticky atmosphere of a steam room turned up to 200 degrees. There were a few locker doors with dents in them, shaped like the skulls of a students head, and even a large hole or two in the plastered wall. Against the door, there was a large bucket of white, soiled towels with several large traces of blood from months gone past. There was puff of steam coming from the nearby showers, with it's water temperature either too hot to handle, or too cold to withstand. This was not a safe place to be. Everyone was shocked. Even Sunset cringed at this sight, though she did her best to hide it.

"Apologies for the mess Miss Sunset." Said the head hall monitor "We will have the undesired students clean this up as soon as the dept head arrives...Sunset?"

"Oh, sorry." Sunset replied as she snapped back into reality.

"You're lucky your'e an honor student." Said one of his assistants. "Saying sorry here would get you in deep trouble."

"Yes.." Sunset replied as she made a nervous gulp "Of course."

"Come, let us escort you to the teachers lounge before we strip these students into uniform."

"Lead the way."

Meanwhile, Pinkie and Tony trailed behind the group and discreetly exited the locker room, with Joanna and Applejack following as well. The four of them approached the furthest hallway and looked outside the window where they saw Vinyl Scratch's truck in the parking lot. It was there they saw Cory hiding at the rear end waving at them. He quickly trudged toward the school's concrete wall and firmly pressed his body against it. It was then he gave Vinyl the thumbs up to which she blinked her headlights four times, giving the quartet inside the signal. AJ and Joanna hid inside the lockers while Pinkie and Tony played out a scene.

"Eh, Tony!" Pinkie started to shout. "Get yer little oily hands off my personal space!!"

"I aint touching nottin of yer junk ya Pippi knockoff!!" replied Tony.

"Who you callin a knockoff ya square faced two bit?"

"I know you are but what am I?"

"I know you are but what am I?"

"I'm rubber, you're glue, what bounces off me sticks right onto you!!" They shouted together.

As they started to wrestle each other, the pretend quarrel caught the attention of two hall monitors who had just returned from their daily excursion of gym.

"Can't believe this is working." Joanna muttered to AJ.

"Well when you're with Pinkie Pie, you question most anything." AJ replied.

The hall monitors approached the scene and looked in bewilderment and confusion.

"You're dumb." Tony said tauntingly.

"No, you're dumb." Pinkie replied with a childlike whine.

"No you are!"

"You are!"

"You are!"

"You infinity!"

"You infinity plus one!"

"You infinity plus another infinity."

"You cant do that!"

"Oh yes I can."

It was then they started to engage in a catlike fight when the the two hall monitors restrained them.

"What in the name of all discipline is going on here!!?" Said one of them as Pinkie and Tony were shoved away.

"HE/SHE started it!" Tony and Pinkie said.

"Of all the days." Said the other one as he messaged his forehead "Of all the days, perhaps the most important of our school, such unruly behavior had to occur. You two are going to be sorry in ways you...."

Just then, Joanna and Applejack jumped out of the lockers and knocked them out with a punch and a kick. From there Joanna got on her walkie talkie as Pinkie and Tony tied the two unconscious victims up.

"Joanna to Cory." She said "The first perimeter is clear. Over."

"Excellent." Cory replied from the other line. "Bring them over to Vinyl's van on the double, Over."

"We'll be on the lookout for any other Hall Monitors. Over." Tony added as he took out his device."

"Sounds good. As for me, I'm going in. Over and out." Cory placed his Walkie Talkie back into his pocket and proceeded towards the back entrance.

Meanwhile, Sunset Shimmer and a few other hall monitors could be found inspecting the teachers lounge. It was bare, dull, and almost menacing with it's damp fluorescent lights and it's empty concrete walls, resembling that of most classrooms in the school. The group was fancying themselves to a small shot of whisky and rum.

"So," Said one of the Hall monitors as he handed Sunset a glass. "How are things at that dreadful Canterlot High? I trust you are doing everything possible at putting everyone in their correct place."

"Oh..um...yes." Sunset lied as she clumsily grabbed a glass. "They have been most definitely disciplined. Almost to the point where they don't remember that friendship nonsense.

One of the Hall monitors raised one of their eyebrows in questioning as Sunset made a nervous gulp.

"Indeed." Said one of them. "However, we have been informed of numerous reports relating to such unruly and disruptive behavior there."

"Is..that..so?" Sunset asked as she sipped a small bit into her mouth.

"Yes, unfortunately." replied another Hall monitor. "No matter, our rather extremely competent Dr. Discord is to take care of the situation. He's gonna make sure that school will never live through another day."

Upon hearing this, Sunset threw up the whisky into a nearby napkin.

"Something wrong Miss Sunset?" asked one of the Hall Monitors.

"Oh nothing...nothing," She lied " I just need to use the restroom."

"Second door down."

"Thanks. Dr. Discord you say?"

"Of course. He's on his way to contaminate that wretched school right now."

Sunset's eyes widened as she briskly walked backwards to the bathroom door, closed it shut and got on her Walkie Talkie,

"Sunset to Rarity, Sunset to Rarity. Do you copy? Over." She whispered frantically.

"Rarity to Sunset. What is it? Over." Rarity replied.

"Do you have those makeovers done? Over."

"We're going as fast we can." Camden added as he got on his device. "This is art not a science. Over."

"Well I'm sorry but you need to hurry." Sunset replied nervously. "Discord's already on his way to our school as we speak. Over."

"No need to fret." Rarity assured her. "Team C has already been accounted for. It's just this disguise on Twilight and Team B is murderous labor. Over."

"That's great," Sunset replied " cause I really don't know what to do at this point. It's only a matter of time before my cover is blown..."

Suddenly, a knock was heard at the door. Sunset's heart pounded against her chest as she took another nervous gulp.

"Gotta go, Over and out." She said as turned off her device and opened the door.

It was Stiffson's 11th grade English teacher Mrs. Orchis whom was awaiting her presence. Like stature seemed to resemble that of a tuckered out pigeon who ate one too many pastries. Her attire, of contradiction was a magentaish pink skirt and business suit, complete with blood red high heels, pencil sharpened fingernails, smeared on ruby lipstick, and a pearl necklace that almost sunk into her fat, walrus-like chin. One could almost mistake her for a villain in a lost Roald Dahl novel.

Her personality was no better. Like the rest of the administration, she believed on a strict guide line of discipline and cruelty, signifying the epitome of a harsh, no-nonsense attitude. NO FUN, NO MISTAKES, and NO FRIENDSHIP was even engraved on top of the chalkboard in her classroom. Of all the teachers Cory and his friends encountered, they seemed to get it the worst from her. Punishments, as expected, would range from: Humiliating corner-or-shame moments, to countless instances of lashes with her trusty pocket whip. However, she was not always this way.

"Something troubling you miss?" Orchis asked in a rather crisp tone.

"Oh, not at all..not at all maam." Sunset lied as she secretly stuffed her phone in her pocket. "Please do not..."

"No need to." Orchis snapped back. "Your presence here is...most welcoming."

You see, unlike the students , Mrs. Orchid treated Sunset with the most respect. Upon hearing her tyrannic behavior at Canterot High, Orchid had congratulated her by establishing what appeared to be rather peculiar partnership. Though their planning consisted mostly of framing other students, ending friendships and making certain subjects just as miserable throughout the day, it was the only hint of the former life Orchis had, the life of FRIENDSHIP.

"How do you do, Orchis?" Sunset shimmer smiled nervously as she thrust her arm forward to receive the old handshake.

"Gasp." Orchis gasped as she slapped the hand out of her direction. "You know better than to greet someone with a handshake." Orchis declared snappingly.

"Sorry." Sunset replied bashfully.

"The word 'sorry' is not permissible among students, both attending and honored." Orchis continued "No matter, you are the rolll model student to all of us."

"Yep." Sunset Shimmer gulped.

"Anyway, I'm here to have you assist me in dealing with a rather peculiar, yet almost unacceptable presence near our school grounds."

"What do you mean?"

Sunset looked around and noticed the Hall Monitors had disappeared.

"What happened to the others?" She asked.

"They left to investigate a rather suspicious disappearance of the new students you brought in, as well as two of our employees."

"Oh really? You don't say. Of all the days for that happen eh?"

"No matter, they've probably been escorted to the changing room. Now then, will you please follow me to the outdoor lawn?"

"Uh...after you, Mrs. Orchid?"

"Please..." Mrs Orchid replied with a rather menacing grin. "Call me Arianna."

And off they walked towards the side entrance.

Meanwhile, the remaining Hall Monitors were on hot pursuit as to where their new group of victims had traveled to. Little did they know they had meticulously camouflaged themselves against the bare walls of the hallway. Without a moment to think, they trampled them over As Aj, Katie, Pinkie and Tony knocked them out like a stealth ninja of the highest degree.

"AJ to Cory," Said AJ to her device as she tied up the unconscious heap. "..we've disposed all security. Over."

"Perfect." Said Cory on the other line. "I'm just ready to enter the shaft, You, Pinkie, Tony and Katie will meet Team B on the other side, Everyone else, put the hall monitors in Vinyl's van and make sure you're not seen. Over."

"Roger that, Cory. Over and out." Replied AJ as she turned off her device.

"Who's Roger?" said Tony and Pinkie.

AJ and Katie sighed as Team A began to walk towards the van.

"How did you guys get paint anyway?" Asked Katie.

"We have a whole bag of camo paint," Tony explained

"In case of super duper special mission emergencies." Pinkie added.

"Yeah, but how did you do it so...." Katie tried to think of the right words.

"What?" Tony and Pinkie asked.

"Uh...Katie." AJ explained as she scooted her aside. "Laws of physics don't really agree with Pinkie. Maybe it's best you let it be."

Katie thought for a moment "Good idea."

So they left it at that as Team A went to their next destination, while Cory, on the other side, carefully opened the school shaft opening and crawled in.