• Published 18th Nov 2018
  • 879 Views, 76 Comments

Bloons Tower Defense: Equestria - TheMajorTechie



Look guys, it's the crossover that nobody ever needed!

  • ...
1
 76
 879

Billowing Blue Bloons Blowing By

Author's Note:

Just to preserve the pronunciation of the word "Bloons" in the title of the game, I'm making it a headcanon of this story for the monkeys to pronounce "balloon" as "b'loon" as part of a regional accent.

Anyways, onwards!

The monkey facepalmed, shaking his head as he pulled up two chairs for Twilight and Luna.

"Well, obviously we can talk," he groaned, taking a seat once again behind his desk, "how do you think we were able to send a message to Equestria warning you of the b'loon invasion?"

Twilight raised a brow. "Don't you mean balloon?"

"That's what I said, didn't I?" the monkey frowned. "B'loon. B-A-L-L-O-O-N."

"Never mind the monkeys and their accent, Twilight," Luna scolded, "what's more important here is to discuss these aforementioned... uh, b'loons."

"Yes, yes. The b'loons, as our scoutsmonkeys have discovered, seem to be originating from the direction of Whitetail Woods."

"Whitetail Woods?" Twilight pressed, "If they're coming from there, then why are they in the Everfree?"

"Gathering resources, it seems," the monkey answered, "you saw what they did to Ponyville. We've had dart monkeys stationed all around our own village for the past day and a half now, and even then the b'loons still sometimes get through."

Twilight frowned. "So... how long has this been going on for?"

The monkey shrugged in response. "It didn't really start on a single day, but I'd say that we've been seein' b'loons for the past half-week or so."

A distinct crash interrupted their conversation.

"The farms!" the monkey exclaimed in horror, "Those b'loons got to the farms!"

Twilight and Luna rushed from the hut, hot on the monkey's tail as the three raced towards the flaming remains of the banana farms. A distinctly banana smell wafted through the air as they reached the farms. Here, the smell of bananas was even stronger.

Fwoomp!

Twilight turned her head at Luna, who only chuckled nervously as she struggled to tuck her wings back.

"No..." the monkey mumbled, staring on as his fellow monkeys scrambled to put out the flames, "Our bananas..."

Luna set a hoof on the monkey's shoulders, her wings still on wide display. "Don't worry," she began in a low voice, "we will avenge your bananas."

"Sir," another monkey heaved as he ran up to the first, "we've received reports that our teams have recovered red and blue rubber fragments from the burn site. We suspect that the b'loons have advanced in their capabilities."

"Blue balloons?" Twilight pressed, addressing the second monkey, "do you know the difference between red and blue balloons?"

"It appears that the blue ones contain a red b'loon inside themselves," the reporting monkey answered, holding up a shriveled scrap of blue and red rubber partially fused by the heat, "likely to withstand our popping technology better."

A third monkey ran up to the group, a throwing dart clenched tightly in her right hand.

"We need sharper darts!" she exclaimed, sticking the dart dangerously close to the second monkey's face, "Those blue b'oons take twice as many of these things to pop! It'd help if we could at least hit more than a single one at a time!"

"Okay, okay, geez!" Twilight shouted in exasperation, "Everbody slow down!"

"So can you tell th--"

"Shh! The pony lady is trying to talk."

The third monkey paused, glancing at Twilight before running into a nearby wooden shack.

"First of all," Twilight began, "Luna and I haven't heard a single name from any of you. We don't even know what to call you besides 'monkey'!"

"Hi, I'm Craig."

"Shut up, Craig!"

"Hey, all you do all day is sit around in your little hut and count the banana rations!"

"Well, what I do is actually important to our little village. Do you think any of the others would work even half as hard without a steady income of bananas?!"

Twilight rolled her eyes at the ongoing quip between Craig, the 'inspector monkey' who'd been reporting the damage, and the monkey that she and Luna were talking to in the hut.

"And you," she scolded, turning to the monkey arguing with Craig, "Give us your name already. Calling everyone 'monkey' doesn't exactly work out very well y'know."

"Edward."

"Okay then, Edward," Twilight groaned, holding out a hoof, "I'd like to announce Equestria's formal alliance with the Monkey Confederacy."

"Oh, the Confederacy?" Edward added, pausing before shaking Twilight's hoof, "I'm just this village's mayor. If you want to announce an alliance with the Confederacy, you gotta go deeper into the forest. In the meantime, help us get rid of these dang b'loons."

Twilight retracted her hoof, glancing at Luna for a moment before returning her attention to Edward.

"Fine."

That final word was punctuated by a loud explosion, complete with shreds of blue rubber raining over the town. And balloons. Holy heck were there a lotta balloons. Each balloon raced past the shocked group, reigning terror on the small village and its inhabitants. They were bigger, badder, faster, stronger... and blue-er.

And don't forget that they contain red balloons inside them.

Yup.

Anyhow, back to the story.

"Holy heck that's a lotta b'loons," Edward and Craig simultaneously gasped, the latter scrambling for the same wooden shack the third monkey had run into.

"Wait a second," Twilight grumbled, taking to the air to get a better view of the situation. She landed again moments later, visible worry on her face. "...we're surrounded."