• Published 1st Jan 2019
  • 385 Views, 4 Comments

Letters to the Gods - Lighttone GryphonStar



A stallion is sent into the world before Equestria founding to explore and catalog what he can for unknown mission. He is happy to help and do what he can for the mission and the world around him, but even he wonders what his true mission is.

  • ...
 4
 385

Opening Letters Part 1: First

Dear Scholars of the Sevenfold under the Order of One,

Hello and good graces to you and the lords of our land who hold our lives with their existence. My name is Dr. Pierce Halo, though some call me Dr. Pr. Halo. I am a kind hearted greatly adventurous stallion of good age and young mind who live in the edge a little-known town called Grace Ville in the far end of the Earth Pony Conglomerate. I have lived here many years and least to say it’s been too long for this soul. This is why I send you this letter, I wish to get out into the world.

When I was young I would hear stories of the world around us. So many strange things, unique species, weird places, and odd objects. It filled my mind with wonder and imagination but most of all longing to see and hear more.

As I got older I studied many things to sate this desire. I was at the top of my class through almost all my twenty-two years of school and college. I pushed myself to learn as much as possible. I graduated from high school and college long before my peers and now hold three doctoral degrees; in biology, geology and psychology.

Nowadays I am a scientist by trade, but I love to explore and catalog, and though my hometown is quite large there is only so many places to explore and catalog here before it becomes boring. This is where my letter comes back to the point I am longing for. I want more.

My mentor Starswirl the Bearded is a well-known associate of the alicorns we all idolize and in particular, the group of alicorns you work under so I’m hoping this at least gives me some leniency. What I’m asking of you, Scholars of the Sevenfold, send me on a mission, any mission as long as it gets me out and about. I wish to learn from the world around me and not just read about it. I want to help the world around me. This world is a true beauty that goes beyond my wife own heavenly grace… but don't let her know that. She is the ever so jealous type.

Please I wish to explore, I wish to help and I wish to be useful. I know I’m asking a lot of you, maybe more than most have ever considered, but please listen to me. I want to do so much and learn as best as I can. Starswirl has already sent my credicails ahead of this letter, but that doesn’t tell you how I truly feel, and what it means to me if you should accept what I am asking. I know the road ahead will be long, but I'm willing to walk it if you just give me a chance.

-- Dr. Pierce Halo

******

Author's Note:

As I said, I'm splitting the first part. Sorry, this was done so late. Each part will be posted a few hours from each other.

Also, if this is your first time reading this story, be patient. The Crystal Empire Part 1 is not the next part.