• Published 9th Oct 2018
  • 656 Views, 9 Comments

Friendship Solving Trip with Pinkie. Yay. - RebelNarrator45



Starlight and Pinkie are called by the Map...hilarity ensues

  • ...
1
 9
 656

Presented Problems

Author's Note:

Alrighty. Here's chapter two. I rewrote this twice before finally deciding to post it....I hope its ok.

If its not, its not from lack of trying.

Upon their arrival in Manehattan, Starlight looked around and sighed heavily.

"Well...this could take a while..." she muttered, considering the vast and seemingly unending sea of ponies and buildings.

"Don't worry, Starlight! One thing I know, is we don't go to the friendship problem!" Pinkie said cheerfully. "It comes to us!"

"Very reassuring." Starlight said, almost drily. "So, what do you suggest we do for now, then, Pinkie?"

The wide grin that crossed her friend's face made her regret those words instantly.

"We go exploring!!!!" Pinkie squealed, before bouncing ahead.

Starlight sighed as she followed at a slightly slower pace. This was not gonna end well. She just knew it. Deep in her gut, she knew.

**********************************

Curse her gut. Why couldn't it for once be wrong?!

"Ooh! So this is what its like to be in jail!" Pinkie's voice was full of excited wonder. "Its so cool! I've never been in jail before! Have you ever been in jail before, Starlight? Have ya? Have ya? Huh?"

"No...and I would have prefered to keep it that way." growled Starlight, resisting the increasingly strong urge to strangle the hyperactive pony.

"Awwww...but its something we've never done! Its so cool!! Don'tcha think??"

"No, I do not." Starlight muttered. "Why you thought assaulting a group of ponies with a party cannon and cupcakes was even remotely a good idea, I don't know...but clearly it wasn't!"

"They looked unhappy!" Pinkie said, deflating a little. "I wanted to make them smile. But, it didn't work...did it?"

Starlight sighed. She didn't have the heart to yell at her friend, not right now, anyway. Not when she was clearly upset.

"Well, actually...I think you got a smile out of a couple of foals." She offered.

Pinkie lifted her head, blue eyes locking into hers hopefully. "Really??"

"Yeah." Starlight nodded. "And...I think I heard them giggle."

"Yay!" Pinkie bounced happily. "I made somepony smile!"

Starlight took note of her wide grin and happy expression and shook her head.

'I'll yell at her about the appropriate time and place for such stuff later. Right now, I'll just let her be happy while I try to think of how to get out of this mess.' She thought. 'I wonder what the punishment is for blasting ponies with cupcakes, anyway?'

"So how long do you think we'll be here?" Pinkie asked. "Ooh! Will I have time to throw a super duper our-first-time-ever-in-jail party????"

'I wonder if Twilight would understand if I left Pinkie here and completed this mission on my own?' Starlight thought, inhaling deeply.

"Pinkie Pie." She said, fighting to keep her voice calm and even. "You can't throw a party celebrating our first time ever in jail."

"Aw, but why? I could make it so super fun!"

"I'm sure. But its not something to celebrate."

"But its our first time!"

"I know that! But you don't celebrate it!"

"Well, why not? Don't you think its worth a big party to remember it by??"

"Trust me, Pinkie, I will never forget this moment."

'Especially if you make it better by forcing me to either murder you or leave you behind or blast you to Las Pegasus.'

"Well, ok. If you say so. I can throw a party later when we get back to Ponyville! Ooh, and invite all our friends! And I'll make cake and punch and cookies and cupcakes..." Pinkie rattled on without even pausing for breath.

Starlight facehoofed. 'Twilight would totally understand if Pinkie accidentally wound up in jail for life or something, right?'

She leaned against the bars and yelled for the guard, hoping that it wouldn't take much for them to get themselves released. Otherwise, she would have to resort to contacting Twilight, and that thought didn't appeal to her. Not one bit.

Especially if she choked her companion first.

Said companion just kept right on talking, oblivious to the exasperated look flung her direction.

***********************************

Turns out that the only punishment for assaulting ponies with cupcakes was to pay a small fine for littering and destruction of public property(namely a window that had been taken out by a massive cupcake thrown with full force).

Starlight paid the fine and then made the decision to go to the nearest hotel. The friendship thing could take awhile. They'd need a room for that night, anyway...and who knows how long after that. She paid for the room and she and Pinkie dropped off what they didn't need with them before heading back out to look around some more. Starlight was more on her guard this time, and Pinkie's suggestion of a pie throwing contest when they stopped at a local bakery was promptly ended before it could be begin...much to Pinkie's great disappointment and the bakery owner's immense relief.

They finally had to stop at a small but pleasant diner for dinner. After ordering hayburgers with french fries and milkshakes, they sat and chatted while they waited on their order.

"I can't believe you wouldn't let me throw those pies!" Pinkie said. "I could have easily beaten anypony else!"

"I'm sure of that." Starlight said. "But the owner wouldn't have been happy. We both could have ended up right back in jail."

"Ooh, then I'd have to throw a super duper PinkieandStarlightgotthrowninjailtwotimesinoneday party!!!!" Pinkie squealed.

"Yeah, somehow I don't think Twilight would approve." Starlight muttered.

'She's already gonna be mad we wound up in jail once!'

"Your order." The waiter placed their food on the table and left.

The two mares dove in, the day's excitement and travel making them very hungry. As they ate, a pair of ponies came in and took a seat near them, arguing.

"Now look, Twinkle Star, you and I both know its all your fault the shop isn't doing well!" huffed the young stallion.

"How dare you blame me, Blue Moon!!! It most certainly is not my fault!! You keep driving ponies off with your offensive language and behaviour!" the young mare snapped. "Honestly! Why Mom and Dad ever thought you and I should run the place together I'll never know!"

"What offensive behaviour?! You keep driving me and them crazy with your endless need for parties, pranks and jokes!"

"And how am I supposed to help that?! I love to make people smile!! In any way I can!!"

"But our customers don't like being scared out of their wits by exploding balloons, confetti, and that stupid cannon you insisted on buying!!"

"That cannon is...you...I should...! Take it back!"

"Believe me, I would if I knew what store it came from!"

"How dare you!!!"

Starlight and Pinkie were very interested in the conversation...er, argument. Something clicked in Starlight's head, and gut, and she looked at Pinkie, who simply smiled and nodded knowingly.

The friendship problem seemed to have found them.

Then a part of the argument flashed like an warning sign in her head.

'Parties. Pranks. Confetti. Cannon. Oh sweet Celestia...Twinkle Star is just like Pinkie Pie. That's why she was called to come with me.' She glanced at Pinkie, noting a devious grin as the mare studied Twinkle Star.

Starlight knew that grin. She knew it well.

'Celestia save us all. Two Pinkie Pies? I'm not gonna survive this mission. And Manehattan has no idea what's likely to hit them very, very soon.'

She planted her head on the tabletop and groaned.