• Published 30th Sep 2018
  • 2,795 Views, 15 Comments

Tinies and giants - Crystalbreeze



This is a story pack including cute micro/macro pony stories.

  • ...
14
 15
 2,795

When a child meets plane sized Rainbow Dash

Author's Note:

28th of September is my dad's 42th birthday in 2018. He doesn't know, but this date inspired me to write this story.

Under a little time the world changed so much. As much as a normal person couldn't imagine. Accidentally we realized we weren't the only intelligent species in the universe. We created a gate which leaded us into a enormous world called Equestria. It was the home of the cartoony and gigantic horse-like creatures, who named themselves ponies. Soon our two different sized worlds became friends and we started creating little villages around Equestria. Of course the three floors tall ponies helped us. We had a great time with them, even if to them we were like speaking two legged walking insects.

Once the USA opened the first airline that's aim was to transport humans into Equestria. It was called "Pegasus", because to the huge horses our planes looked like pegasus ponies made from steel. They liked the idea, so they built a little airport nearby the town called Ponyville. In the next few years the Pegasus airline brought it's own made planes to the world's famous airports and the humans started to travel to Equestria.


Austin was a little eight years old boy, who was born before the year, when people met the ponies. It was very exciting to see this sized animals around Earth, who came here to help humans and explore their tiny world. He didn't meet any of them, but he really wanted to. However in Los Angeles there wasn't any monumental ponies. It wasn't the perfect city for outsized colorful talking horses.

When he was six, his grandparents moved from Earth to Equestria. They were old and they wanted to see the new world, which everyone is talking about. They bought tickets for a Pegasus plane and with it, they flew in the air and floated through a big, stormy and windy portal and then they landed. Fortunately humans could use phone in Equestria, so they called up the young Austin's parents.

They talked about the travel. They said the plane was big and very comfortable and they flew with a large winged titanic horse, who leaded the plane and entertained the passengers. It was absolutely amazing to see such a beautiful flying creature.

And as the parents told Austin what his grandparents just experienced, the child became more excited. He wanted to travel on plane and see a giant pegasus. But for a long time he and his parents weren't able to visit the grandparents.

Until this day.


On an average day in the middle of the spring Austin was watching TV. Some days ago was his 8th birthday. When he got the cake, he made a wish and blew out the candles. His wish was to meet with somebody, who he liked so much. He was watching Toy Story 3 and when the commercials came, he became excited and he couldn't wait for the commercial of the Pegasus airline. Finally there it came. It was about a fast presentation of the pony world and then it showed a family, who had their first travel with a Pegasus plane. They were sitting in their place and were looking out of the window and saw the infinite blue sky, then a huge eye appeared, whose owner was a mighty blue pegasus with long wings and rainbow colored mane-and tail. Her name was Rainbow Dash. The family became happy and in the end of the commercial they arrived to Equestria, where Rainbow Dash and other flying large ponies greeted them.

This was Austin's favorite commercial. His favorite pony was Rainbow Dash, who worked as a staff, like her other friends. But she was their boss. She leaded the planes, looked after them, communicated with their captains and also entertained the little human passengers with flying and dancing in the air, or looking into the plane through it's windows and smiled to the humans. You have no idea how tiring was that. She wore little headphones, a microphone speaker which was connected to it and also a pinning with the "STAFF" text.

Suddenly Austin's parents appeared. They smiled and looked like happy.

"Hello, my dear." Said his mother.

"Are you having a great time, champ?" Asked his father.

"Yes." Austin answered with his cute child voice. "You look very happy."

"Indeed we are." His mother said. "Did you liked your presents which we gave you and which grandma and grandpa sent you?"

"Of course. Those clothes and toys were cool. But I was sad, because grandma and grandpa couldn't be there."

Then his father started: "Well, we didn't exactly gave you all of your presents."

"Really?"

"Mhm." Mother nodded. "There is a big surprise. It's waiting for you."

Austin became cheerful and happy. "What is it? What is it? Tell me! Tell me!"

"It's a journey. To another world, where you wanted to go long ago" Father said. "We couldn't go to there until now. Now we have three tickets."

"To??? TO EQUESTRIA???"

They nodded. "Yes my dear. You can see grandma and grandpa again!"

"And....WHEN WILL WE GO??"

"Tomorrow. We already packed to you and to ourselves. We just need to sleep and tomorrow we'll go to the LA airport and travel with a Pegasus plane." Said father.

"SO COOL! I FINALLY CAN SEE COLOSSAL PONIES!"

Mother answered. "You can. And maybe you'll meet with Rainbow Dash, if we have big luck!"

In that special afternnon Austin couldn't sleep much. Under the rest of the night he was imagining he meets the large and outsized pegasus and for a little while he was watching equestrian videos on his tablet. And while his parents slept, he couldn't wait until the morning.

Finally he fell asleep and he woke up on the morning. His parents woke him up and made him breakfast. After that, they took the packages into the car and drove to the Los Angeles airport. Everything was so fast. Before the young kid could realize what is he doing, he was already in the airport with his parents, who leaded him to the plane.


The Pegasus airplane was a bit crowded from the inside, but not as crowded as the Time Square in New York where a thousand people walks in every second. The passangers sat on their seats and talked to each other. Some of them listened to music, or watched movies on their phones. At first a normal person could think it's just a normal plane that goes to another city, or country. But this was different. This plane goes throght a wormhole and has a big pony leader, like Rainbow Dash in the TV commercial, for real this time. everything happened in reality. Austin was sitting there and looked out of the windows and saw some hangars and other planes.

Suddenly the passangers could hear a voice from the loudspeaker all around the plane. It was the captain's voice.

"Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! Captain Hudson is speaking! Soon we'll start the journey to Equestria. However we can't go without our grandios pegasus leader. As always, the leader's name is a secret. It will be a big surprise!"

"Good sign!" Austin's mother said to the excited kid. "I hope you'll enjoy this, even if our leader won't be Rainbow Dash."

"There's no problem about it, mommy!" Austin said. "I like all of the giant ponies."

"Do you think Rainbow Dash is the coolest?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah! Nopony can be cooler than her!"

"Good to hear that, son!" Father said.

Some minutes later the plane started going forward. The big pegasus leader didn't appear. captain Hudson said the plane will meet with him/her soon in the air. At one point the huge airplane started flying and left the ground. It became faster and faster and the surface below became smaller and the buildings looked like tiny dots. The view was amazing.

About a quarter of an hour later the passangers noticed something strange. A shooting star that was continuously falling down. It was white and when it was close to the ground, it speeded up and made a rainbow colored explosion. The explosion was like a colorful wave. Austin wasn't looking at it, until some of the people on the flying plane started whispering: "What was that? A Sonic Rainboom? Who did that? A pony? A giant pony? RAINBOW DASH?"

So in that moment, when he heard the "Rainbow Dash" word, he quickly looked around in his environment. Every person was looking at one place. The boy looked out of the window on his right side and then saw the Sonic Rainboom miles away from the plane.

"Look!" Austin's mother said. "Do you know what is that?"

Austin answered in shock and joy: "It...It is called a Sonic Rainboom and..."

"And?"

"And nopony can produce it expect Rainbow Dash!"

Then to everyone's surprise a massive blue and fluffy appeared near the airplane. It was huge. It looked like a mare. She had beautiful wings and rainbow colored mane and tail. The most of the people in the flying vehicle looked out of the windows, or got up and walked closer to it. Rainbow Dash was smiling and looking into the plane. She was wearing her headphones and the small speaker on it.

"Why hello there, humans! Who needs a leader here?"

"We, Dashie." Said Captain Hudson, whose voice came out of the loudspeakers all around the passenger compartment. "Where have you been? You was late?"

"I had a break. I ate and talked with the others in the other world. Sorry."

"No prob. Please look after us and lead us to Equestria."

"Alrighty!" Dashie said and she started her work. She flew next to the tiny plane and looked after it. She changed the wind, if it was too fast and she dazzled the humans with aerial stunts. Of course she tried to not hit the floating mean of transport that was almost her size. And let me make it clear, the Pegasus airplanes weren't so small.

Austin was thrilled. He was so happy and he wasn't able to stop smiling. Nothing could make him sad. His parents just looked out and saw the gigantic pony as Austin did. apart of them, every person spoke and whispered to the other. they were also cheerful to see a speaking huge pegasus.

Later, after a half an hour a stewardess came, who asked Austin's parents about would they like something to eat, or drink.

"Greeting Madam, Mister and dear child! Would you like to eat, or drink something?"

Mother and father looked at each other and answered. "What is in the menu?"

"We have fruit salad, schnitzel with french fries and sandwitches to eat, and water, orange, apple and pineapple juice to drink."

Father ordered two sandwitches and water, mother chose salad and pineapple juice. And then, the stewardess asked Austin.

"And you, little guy? Do you wanna order something?" She asked kindly.

"Yes." He answered. "I would like schnitzel with french fries and orange juice, please!"

Shortly after they ordered their food she came back with two big and one small plate. She placed them down and just because she was curious she said: "Is this your first trip to Equestria?"

Father nodded: "It is. This is so exciting!"

"A big flying creature accompanies us into the world of giants. This is like a fairy tale." Austin's mother conticued.

"Yes, it's very unusual. But the Pegasus airline tries to introduce the humans and the ponies to each other. If you had to fly by an earlier flight, you wouldn't get Rainbow Dash as a leader. You would get Soarin, or Spitfire. They are pegasus ponies too."

"but Rainbow Dash is the best!" Austin said.

"Correct! She is the boss of the other plane leader ponies."

"And she is the coolest!"

"Oh." The stewardess said with interest. "So you like her, right?"

Austin nodded and then, his mother answered the question.

"He likes. She is his favorite giant pony. He's such a big fan"

"My 8th birthday was some days ago and I wished if only I could see her in real life!" He said.

"Really?" Asked the stewardess.

"Really, Austin?" Asked his parents almost in the same time.

"Ah, so your name is Austin. Interesting. In any case, happy birthday to you! I need to go. Bye!"


So the stewardess left. Austin and his parents then started eating, because they were so hungry. When they finished, another steward came and took the plates with him. The young boy then just looked out to the blue sky and started at the flying Rainbow Dash and couldn't believe he had such a good luck.

The woman, who was talking to them for a little time was called Diane Danger. As she heard about what Austin wished for, she thought it would be a great and maybe necessary idea to deploy the Pegasus airline's own "Happy Birthday" protocol. They used it when a passanger celebrated his, or her birthday. The protocol was about that the crew on the plane asked the actual enormous sized leader pegasus for cheer up the passanger and wish him, or her a happy birthday. It always worked and it was a great surprise. This is one of the reasons why the most of the people liked these flights.

And now Ms. Danger decided to deploy the protocol after she hesitated for some short minutes. She walked to a phone and called up Captain Hudson, because a stewardess mustn't go into the pilots' cabin. Captain Hudson finally answered the call. Of course he didn't have a phone, because he was holding steering wheel, so he spoke in front of a microphone.

"Ahoy Captain Hudson!" She greeted him.

"Ahoy Ms. Diane Danger! Wazzup? Is everything okay back there?"

"Aha! I just called you because we have another special guest!"

"It might be Angela Merkel from Germany. Her seat is in the Noble Class close to the pilots' cab. She is special indeed!"

"Well, yeah she is special too, but I'm not talking about her. HB alarm!"

"HB? Do you mean the Happy Birthday protocol? It's a good idea, but you know that it isn't necessary. Morever, we only need to use it, when a very very special somebody has a birthday, like the president, or the vice-president. In these months we haven't got time for celebrating every little kid's birthday. Our huge friends say happy birthday almost everytime, when they fly with our planes. Is that a child, or an adult?"

"He is a child. He is a Rainbow Dash fan."

"Every kid says this. Maybe we can skip this protocol."

"But sir.."

"I really don't want to be a party crusher, dear, but my bosses said we don't need to use it always. Unfortunately this is no longer a request but a command. Our leaders want to get more money because of this HB."

"Really?"

"Yes, so I'm sorry, but we.."

"Hey what are ya talkin' about?" Asked a female voice. Diane couldn't see her, just recognize her voice, but the captain even saw her big blue head in the window that was above the plane's dashboard. The face was very cute and fluffy. She could see two car sized white eyes with dark-purple pupils. Rainbow Dash was staring at Captain Hudson from outside. She joined the phone chat.

"DASH!" The captain yelled, because he couldn't see the way, because Rainbow's eyes were too enormous. "I CAN'T SEE OUTSIDE!"

"Oops! Sorry!" She said and went out of the way. Until this moment she was lying down on her back and flapped her wings under the airplane. It looked like she was sleeping while flying. Now she floated to the right side and looked into the captain's cabin from there. "So what is the subject of the conversation of the tiny adorable humans?"

"Nothing much." Said the captain.

"Hi there, Rainbow!"

"Hello Diane! I heard you two are speaking about the Happy Birthday protocol."

"Do you want to celebrate somebody's birthday?"

"Again? Maybe, but it's boring to say happy birthday to people, who are so famous, or wears an elegant suit almost every day. I want to do it with a younger human. How do you humans call the young humans?"

"Kids, children, young boys, or girls."

"Oh yeah! I remember now!" The plane sized pony said.

"But using the HB isn't always good." Captain Hudson said.

"True, but I don't wanna miss a young human's birthday. What is it's name?"

"His name is Austin and it was days ago he had his 8th birthday. And he's one of your fans, Dashie. Funfact that he made a wish about meeting with you once!" Diane Danger outlined. She was the stewardess, who was talking on the phone in the back side of the Pegasus plane.

"A fan? AWESOME! I'll go and check! Where is he sitting?"

"But girls.." The captain tried to intervene, but he failed.

"Seat F5 on the right."

"Right!"

So Rainbow Dash flew away a bit with her huge floating body and Diane just put the phone down.

"Why don't they listen to me?" The captain thought. "Well, my bosses' command was indeed a big nonsense, but how will I explain them what just happened here?"


The eight years old Austin was full and he was listening to music. He enjoyed this travel so much, because Rainbow Dash was with them too. By the way, for a little time the unbelievebly large blue creature disappeared. Nobody saw her outside. It was because she spoke with Captain Hudson and Diane. But he didn't know that.

To his surprise he heard a quiet voice from outside. "Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you!" The voice singed quietly. Austin was surprised indeed. He didn't how what was that, or whom this song was spoken to. And he wasn't the only one, who heard it.

Soon a big blue body fluttered in front of the little windows and stopped in front of Austin's window. It was absolutely large. It was exactly the size of the plane. It was fluffy and it's huge angel wings were flapping. There was a rainbow colored cutie mark on it which was as big as an ordinary door.

The female voice continued the singing. "Happy birthday to you, Austin! Happy birthday to you!"

And then Rainbow Dash looked inside the plane with her eyes. The humans in it just saw a pruple circle on a white background. The eye looked at Austin directly. His parents were a bit scared, but as they realized who was that, they calmed down a bit.

"Are you Austin, little buddy?" Rainbow Dash asked.

The boy wasn't able to say anything for some seconds, because he was too much amazad in those moments, but finally he could answer the question. "Uhm...Y-Yes! Yes, I am! N-Nice to meet you, Rainbow!"

"Nice to meet you too! You're having your 8th birthday, if I'm right."

"You're right! And also...ou're soo cool! I never saw a pony like you!"

"Ah yeah. Glad to see a new member of my fans!"

"Thank you!" Austin said happily.

At that time every passanger looked at the child. Dash noticed this and said: "You're welcome. I hope you'll enjoy your new year before the 9th. Happy birthday! Now every tiny human please say: HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY!"

And then they yelled what the oversized pegasus said and they also clapped and whistled to Austin, who asked his parents, because he was interested: "Did you know about this?"

They answered honestly: "Nope! But you were very lucky! All of this is because good luck."

"Here comes another surprise!" Said Diane Danger, the stewardess. She brought a little Pegasus plane toy to Austin. "This is yours! Welcome to the Pegasus arline!"

He took the model plane and he said thank you. Also he had a question: "Do you like your job? Do you like being a leader?"

"Hell, yeah! This is my favorite job! As a leader, I can meet with so many humans, like you! Is this your first travel to Equestria?"

Austin nodded.

"Alrighty then! And let me tell you that being a boss is awesome too!"

"Have you got other pony friends?"

"I have soooo many. But maybe too many." Said Dash and laughed.

Seconds after this, Rainbow Dash flew backwards. She wanted from everybody to see her full and not just her eyes. Her full body was enormous. She had long mane and tail and massive hooves. When Austin could see her entire face, the giant pony winked with a big smile. Then she looked forward to the sky, and said: "Here is the wormhole portal! Soon we'll reach Equestria's skies!"

Indeed there was a black portal in front of the airplane. It flew inside with the leader pony, who fluttered diractly next to it. The humans felt save. Ten minutes later they came into Equestria. Near Ponyville there was a miniature, human sized airport. As the plane landed, everyone walked out and went down. Between to fances the small humans started going into the bulding of the airport. As they walked close to the runways, Rainbow Dash followed them. Her hooves were stamping near the fences. She looked down and saw the tiny ones walking. Also she saw Austin, who was absolutely small. Smaller than the others. Rainbow wanted to make happy the humans once more, so she lied down on her belly happily.

Austin realized this, so while the passangers were walking between the fences, he walked a bit closer to the huge pony with the plane toy in his hands and said: "Thanks again. It was so nice from you."

The gigantic blue pony leaned closer. "It's one of our missions to celebrate our passangers' birthday, so it's natural to us to give you some surprises. Do you like yours, tiny kid?"

Austin nodded.

"Then gave me a small hoof bump, my friend!" Rainbow smiled and took her giant blue hoof before closer to the kid, who gave her a small fist bump happily and then, he said goodby to monumental Dashie and went back to his parents.

And they together travelled into Ponyville, where they met the grandparents. Of course there was a bunch of things, news and memories what Austin and his parents wanted to tell grandma and grandpa in Equestria, which was the land of the gigantic speaking and cartoony looking ponies.