• Published 17th Jan 2019
  • 429 Views, 1 Comments

Thunder's Origin - Thunder7669

  • ...
 1
 429

Chapter 10: The Babysitter

We got home but something surprising happened. "WE'RE GOING TO A PARTY, BUT YOU CAN'T COME." Aria said.

"Aww, but I love parties. Why can't I come to this party?" I said dissapointed.

"UNFAMILIAR GROUNDS, PLUS MARY CHIEF AND CASEY CRIMSON WILL BE THERE." Sonata answered. She did have a good point.

"DON'T WORRY THUNDER, WE CAN DO SOMETHING FUN TOMORROW." Adagio said with a smile trying to cheer me up. I think it kind of worked but the icing on the cake that made me not want to go was the two bullies that were going. "OH AND I FORGOT TO MENTION, YOUR GETTING A BABYSITTER TONIGHT TO MAKE SURE YOU'RE SAFE. I DO TRUST YOU, BUT YOU ARE TOO SMALL TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF." She said. Okay as much as I want to disagree with that last statement, she wasn't wrong. But who knows, maybe the babysitter could be fun.

"Okay. Bye girls, see you tomorrow." I said as I ran upstairs to my room to play with my toys.

About an hour later, my head started to vibrate rapidly and I saw the door open and close as the babysitter came in. "I can see things before they happen?" I say surprised. "Must be a sixth sense, I should call it Thunder Sense." I then run downstairs and see the babysitter watching tv while sitting on the couch with her legs across the ottoman. The babysitter was yellow skined and wore purple flats, knee high socks, black skirt with purple dots, pale blue shirt with a purple jacket, purple glasses, and had two green ponytails. I climb the couch to her phone that was on the edge of the couch.

She sees me and says, "EWW, THERE'S A BUG ON MY PHONE." I then got swiped off her phone and to make matters worse, she takes her shoes off and they land next to me. I climb the ottoman and decide to climb her sock-clad foot. I reach her big toe and start to wave both arms trying to get her attention, but all that happened was her wiggling her toes. I then slide down her foot and walk to her skirt using her leg as a bridge. Her phone started ringing and I almost lost my balance on her skirt as she reached over to get her phone.

"HELLO?" She said talking on the phone. "HEY MARY."

How many friends does she have? I thought as I climbed her shirt.

"SORRY BUT I CAN'T COME TO THE PARTY BECAUSE I'M BABYSITTING RIGHT NOW. THIS BOY IS ONE MYSTERIOUS PERSON THOUGH. HE HASN'T COME OUT OF HIS ROOM YET." The babysitter said.

"Hasn't come out of his room my ass!" I said in an angry tone as I climb into her ear. Remember when I said the hair is a good smelling jungle? Well the ear is the opposite of a home. It smelled horrendous from the earwax build up and there was disgusting hairs everywhere. It's a good thing I didn't come to stay. "HELLO? DO YOU HEAR ME!" I yell. Suddenly, everything started to get dark. That's when I saw her giant finger enter her ear. Yeah, she heard me alright. I climb up to her fingernail as she pulls her finger out. I then jump and grab a strand of hair from her pony tail and swing on to her nose. Her giant, blue eyes dart from all directions until they focus on me.

"HANG ON MARY, I'LL HAVE TO CALL YOU BACK." She says while sniffing her nose. My world started to vibrate rapidly and I loss my balance, landing in a bag of chips. "THE Dazzlings SHOULD REALLY CALL AN EXTERMINATOR. THAT'S THE THIRD BUG TODAY." She said as she grabbed the potato chip I was on and opened wide. I saw her the pink mouth walls, giant white teeth, and tounge covered in saliva as the potato chip came closer to her mouth.

"HEY, DOWN HERE!" I yelled scared to death.

"WHO SAID THAT?" She asked.

"I'M ON YOUR CHIP IN YOUR HAND!" I said in terror. She looks down at me with a gasp and places me in the palm of her hand.

"YOU MUST BE THUNDER. WHEN ADAGIO SAID LITTLE BROTHER I DIDN'T THINK HE WOULD BE ABLE TO STAND ON THE PALM OF MY HAND. MY NAME IS JUNIPER MONTAGE." Juniper said.

"Hi Juniper." I said as I started to get hungry. "I'm kind of hungry. Can I have some of your chips please?"

"YES, YOU CAN. I ALSO HAVE CARDS IF YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH ME."


"UNO!" I yelled. "I win again." Juniper smiled as it turned ten o'clock pm. "Can we play again?" I asked.

"I'M SORRY THUNDER, BUT IT'S TIME FOR BED." Juniper said as she picked me up and held me in her arms as if I was a baby. I honestly liked it, it felt warm and friendly. When we got to Adagio's room, I told her I wanted to sleep in Adagio's bed but I can't sleep after a nightmare I had last night. "IT'S OKAY, THUNDER." She said as she placed me on Adagio's pillow. "NOTHING CAN HARM YOU NOW. YOU'RE BRAVER THAN YOU THINK." She then pulls the covers up to my neck. "GOODNIGHT THUNDER. I'LL SEE YOU IN THE MORNING." She said as she gives me a kiss on the forehead for a good night's sleep and then walks out. I fall asleep with no nightmares.


I was having a dream about saving the world from a giant monster and being a super hero to more than just myself. My dream was then interrupted by the power going out and I woke up in a jolt. Uh oh, I don't do very well in the dark. . . I thought. I started to get scared as it thunderstormed even harder. Normally I wouldn't be scared of a thunderstorm but at my size the thunderstorm was so loud and scared me. I hid under the pillow thinking I would be safe. Then the door opened and I saw Juniper Montage come in with a candle.

Juniper then lifted the pillow above my head and picked me up and said, "YOU POOR LITTLE THING." I was extremely scared of thunderstorms at my current size. "C'MON, LET'S GO GET THE POWER ON." She said as she gave me a gentle hug.

"I wish I could help somehow." I said. My fingertips felt like there was something surging in it. Then my hands started surging with electricity. What's going on? I thought as we got to the power box.

"THERE IT IS." Juniper said as I sent a surge of electricity to the power box.

"That lightning bolt that shrunk me must have also gave me electrokinesis." I said.

"THAT'S AMAZING. NOW THAT THE POWER'S BACK ON, WE CAN GO TO BED." Juniper said.

"Okay, can I sleep with you tonight?" I asked.

"OF COURSE YOU CAN." Juniper said as we both then went to Adagio's bed and fell fast asleep. "GOODNIGHT, THUNDER."