• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 330 Views, 6 Comments

A Moon's Student - DrawLight



During the late arrival of Nightmare Moon, the one trying to bring her back to life has a twist that may change her mind.

  • ...
 6
 330

Chapter 5: Letters

"...I hope it'll be fine.
~Black Moon."

Black finished the letter she was writing, putting the quill off to the table that was at her left, using her magic to send the letter off to Celestia.
Black let out a sigh, while she kept to look at the window she was in front of. It was nighttime, almost midnight. She gazed at the night sky having stars scattered all across the area, with a full moon glowing the brightest of all of the stars. Black lowered her ears. Sending letters to Celestia wasn't a smart thing for her to do, and she kept saying that to herself. According to the letters she sent to Moon as replies, she was trying to help out, but Black always has her doubts.

"Celestia was the one that sent her own sister at the moon," Black thought to herself, "I just... can't trust her."

She didn't know should she believe for her words, and she had something to keep telling her the opposite.

"Don't you think you should trust her?" Black heard a familiar voice.

"You shouldn't ever do so!" A more sinister voice replied.

"It can be helpful..."

"Of course not..."

"Trust me..."

"Trust me!.."

Black kept hearing these voices in her head. She put her hooves on her head, hoping it could stop.

"It's not possible!..."

"It can be!..."

"STOP!" Black thought to herself. She was suprised to see that the voices have stopped arguing. She let out a sigh of relief.

"I'll do what I want," Black said, " and when I want it."


In the morning, Black woke up from her sleep. She got used to getting up at this time, and it's a fact she didn't like. She opened her eyes, turning herself around to the right side of the bed, opening her eyes. She looked at the sunshine that was reaching into her room from the window, that was closed. She noticed there was a paper on the floor. She assumed it was Celestia's, so she streched, levitated the blanket off of her, stood up and took the letter with her magic.
Unwrapping it, she read:

"Black Moon,
I understand. It's... never easy to figure what you've done wrong. All that we do can be wrong or right at the same time. I've made many decisions that were wrong to do, and one of them is my sister.
Hopefully, those that were not okay because of the wrong you've done, are abled to forgive. Everyone has made mistakes, right?
And, I used to see you as a threat. That part is true. But if my sister knows if a pony is good or bad, I trust her. I never had any intentions on sending her there.
But, it's never late to forgive, right?
Oh, I need to get to work. Goodbye for now.
Sincerely,
Princess Celestia."

Black frowned at the letter. She knew she had to respond, but didn't know how. Instead, she just placed the letter on the desk, walking out of her bedroom.
Closing the doors, she walked through the hall, from where she noticed Twilight, Pinkie and... a white mare with purple mane. Black assumed it was her friend that lives near Pinkie.

"Heyyyyy Black!" Pinkie said, bouncing over to her.

"Hey," Black greeted.

"Did you meet Rarity?" Pinkie questioned.

"Um.. I don't think so," Black replied.

Black watched as Twilight and the white mare, that was probably Rarity that Pinkie mentioned, approached her.

"Oh, um, hello," Black greeted, waving her hoof.

"Hello! I don't think we've met before. I'm Rarity," Rarity spoke.

"Well, my name's Black Moon," Black said.

"Oh, Pinkie mentioned you a few days ago," Rarity said.

"Yep!" Pinkie cheerfully bounced.

"Well, it's nice to meet ya." Black smiled.

"Uh... Pinkie?" Twilight said.

"Yeah?"

"Supplies for Monday?" Twilight reminded her.

"Oh, RIGHT!" Pinkie said, running away through the castle doors within barely a second.

"Right, need to help Pinkie out. Bye!" Rarity said, walking normally and waving to Twilight and Black.

"Bye!" Twilight waved her hoof.

Twilight and Black stood in the hall, when Twilight began to speak:

"So... Breakfast?"

"Gotcha," Black said, following Twilight as she walked through the hall into the kitchen.


Black took an another bite of the sandwich she was eating, enjoying herself.

"This is delicious!" Black commented.

"Thanks! Spike always help me to make it though," Twilight replied.

The two mares smiled, and while taking an another bite, Spike burped, a letter appearing in front of him. He spreaded his wings, flying off to Twilight and unwrapping the letter he held.

"Oh! Must be from Celestia," Twilight said, levitating the letter from Spike, beginning to read. She stopped when she red who was this supposed to be sent to.

"Wait... This seems to be for you, Black," Twilight said, levitating the letter off to Black. She taken it with her hoof, starting to read.

"Since when has Celestia started to send letters to you?" Spike asked.

"Not so long ago. The week that I've came here," Black answered.

Black started to read from the top. It wrote:

"Black Moon,
I'm suprised that you haven't answered during the night. Either you got used to the current time, or you didn't know how to answer."

In Black's case, it was both.

"I'd just like for you to make the right decision about the plan you've got..."

She frowned at that.

"I just... Don't want anypony hurt. If you get this, I'll probably know if Twilight knows you or not."

Black rolled her eyes.

"If somepony else gets this letter instead of you, I'll be glad."

She raised an eyebrow.

"I hope that you won't recieve this letter,
and there is a low chance for you to get it. I just want to say that..."

Black got worried. She didn't even know why herself.

"I haven't ever trusted you. Sure, my sister makes good decisions, but you were too suspicious from the day I've met you. Since Nightmare's banishment, I knew you wouldn't just sit down and do nothing. I expected for you to act. And you've certainly went too far, so that's one of the reasons you've got almost the same punishment. I still don't believe your words. I have to be understanding and nice to my subjects... Although you aren't supposed to be one of them."

Black narrowed her eyes.

"Still. I'll wish you good luck aswell.
Sincerely,
Celestia."

Black was furious. Even after she thought she might trust the mare, she was wrong.

"I told you," the more evil voice told Black, nopony else hearing it.

Black wrapped the letter and placed it on the table. She knew how to control her anger. Mostly.

"So, what did she tell you?" Spike asked.

Black sighed. "Nothing important..." She said, going back to eating her sandwich she enjoyed.
Twilight and Spike just looked at eachother with confusion and continued with what they were doing.