• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 330 Views, 6 Comments

A Moon's Student - DrawLight



During the late arrival of Nightmare Moon, the one trying to bring her back to life has a twist that may change her mind.

  • ...
 6
 330

Chapter 3: Alert

~1 week ago~

Celestia was sitting down on her chair at the balcony. It was sunset, one of her favourite times to be out in the open. She took a sip of her tea, that was on the table in front of the princess. She took a deep breath, smiling as she looked at the sky.
Nothing could ruin the privacy she had at that moment. But, she was indeed wrong.
She lowered the sun, putting the moon up into the night sky. Right at that moment, she noticed a 'shooting star'. Celestia would usually be happy because of this event. But she broke her smile into a worried face. She gasped.
The star was glowing more than any other, like it wasn't a star. She noticed it landing where her old castle was located at. She stood up from her chair, walking closer to the edge of the balcony. She watched as it glowed, and it faded. At that moment, she didn't know should she be excited or worried. Instead, Celestia just stood there in confusion.

"Could it already be time?" she thought to herself.

Celestia didn't know what to do. Should she go at the old castle? Should she stay? Should she order the guards to see what is it? Ask Twilight? No, she didn't do anything. Just stood, and watched.

"Ponyville isn't that far. I'll see if I can find you soon...," Celestia thought to herself, starting to walk inside her bedroom, closing the balcony doors.

~today~

Celestia was getting ready to go to bed. She lowered the moon a longer time ago, taken her crown off, made her bed, then laid on her sheets, covering herself with her blanket. She turned off her lamp, starting to close her eyes. But right before she did, she received a letter. It appeared in front of her face. She quietly groaned. Why would Twilight send letters at this time?
She powered her horn, lifting the piece of paper. Unwrapping it, she used her horn to create light and read the message, that she thought was Twilight's. But her eyes were wide open when she found out who had written her the message.
It wrote:

To Princess Celestia,
I have noticed you've started to raise the moon instead of your sister. Sure, you have done so back then, but really? Why didn't you do the spell? If you think I'd forgive you after that, you must still be like you were. But of course, we all have to move on and those things. I was thinking that you've freed her by now! But yeah, you're Celestia. You want it to go naturally. Well, I don't care. I'm going to do what I've planned long ago, and you won't stop me. Good luck.
Sincerely,
Black Moon.

Celestia lowered her ears. "She'll be there in no time..." She said to herself. "I better act fast."
She opened her balcony doors, spreading her wings, about to fly. But there was a problem: where did she need to go?
It could be too late. Although, she decided to wait until morning to visit Twilight. She closed her wings, walking back in. She laid back onto her bed, going to sleep.

"I'm going there tommorow. She can't do such a spell without an another power of alicorn magic. Unless..." She gasped. "I'm going this morning. The faster, the better." she thought to herself, going back to sleep.


Black yawned from her long sleep during the night, which only happens when she's too tired. She jumped out of her bed, levitating a brush, starting to brush her mane. She looked outside her window, and noticed that the sun was up too early.

"Since when does she do that?" she thought to herself, her eyebrow raised.

She opened her doors, leaving her bedroom. She walked down the halls, passing by the library, where she had seen Twilight.

"Hey Twilight!" She greeted.

"Oh, hey. I just got a letter from princess Celestia. She sent it to you," Twilight said, levitating the letter to Black. She taken it with her magic, starting to read.

To Black Moon,
I see what you're trying to do. And I've noticed your letter came from Ponyville,
so you've probably staying at somepony's house. You should know, I'm going to~

She stopped reading when she heard the knocking at the castle doors. She gasped, teleporting away to her bedroom, along with the letter. She closed the door shut, opening the window, trying to be as secretive as possible. She saw Celestia: the white alicorn mare with flowing mane. She watched as she entered the castle. She used a spell that made her invisible, going off to look why is she here.
She ran through the halls, while Spike didn't notice, who was; standing next to the library.
She saw Twilight speaking to the elder princess. She hid behind the corner, although she didn't have a reason to do so.

"I've been wondering if you've seen a blue mare with... Black mane?" Celestia asked the younger alicorn.

"Well...," Twilight began to speak, being interrupted by Spike. Black let out a huff as a sign of relief.

"Twilight!" Spike called.

"Yes, Spike?" Twilight answered.

"You know how Pinkie was making cupcakes this morning?" Spike said nervously.

"...yeah?"

"Well, I may have added too much frosting..." Spike scratched his left arm.

Twilight let out a huff. She teleported Spike and Celestia off to the kitchen, being followed by Black.
There was a mess. There was frosting in every corner of the kitchen: the counter, the cupboards, and all over the cupcakes.
Twilight sighed, looking over at a big pile of frosting.

"This is DELICIOUS!" There was a voice coming from the pile.

"Pinkie?" Twilight asked.

"Yep!" The pink mare hopped out of the frosting, eating a bit of it.
Black slightly chuckled, trying to remain quiet.
Twilight sighed, getting ready to clean.
Black wanted to help out, but she couldn't be in front of Celestia. Instead, she walked away to her bedroom, shutting the door tightly. She walked towards the window and looked into the sun. Her eyes could've hurt, but she was used to it.

"You think you can find me huh?" Black thought to herself. "Think again."