• Published 27th Nov 2018
  • 330 Views, 6 Comments

A Moon's Student - DrawLight



During the late arrival of Nightmare Moon, the one trying to bring her back to life has a twist that may change her mind.

  • ...
 6
 330

Chapter 4: Alone

Here came an another day. Black woken up from her sleep, not caring about Celestia at all. The morning is the time she could not think at all, be free from all of her worries and concerns, all while laying on her soft bed. She streched, yawning. Opening her eyes, she got out of her bed and stood up. Watching through the open window, she looked at Ponyville and the school. She took a deep breath, while the small wind was entering into her room. She closed the window with her hooves, starting to leave her bedroom. She stopped.

All her worries got back to her and made her nervous. Still, she used the same spell that she used yesterday; when Celestia was here. If she was still here, she had to remain invisible.
She opened her bedroom doors with her magic, closing them when she walked out. She teleported off to the library, since she thought Twilight could be there. But no; it was all empty.

"I wonder where she is?..." Black thought to herself.

She teleported again, off to the kitchen.
The mess was cleaned, and she only saw Spike inside it, eating a chocolate cupcake with blue frosting and sprinkles.
Black looked around the room, in case there was any other pony around. When she checked, she stopped using the invisibility spell.

"Hey Spike," She greeted.

"Ah!" Spike flinched. "Oh, it's you," Spike continued.

"Well, hello. Do you know where is Twilight?" Black asked.

"Yeah, she's at the school," Spike said.

"Ohhh. Okay," Black said as she walked out of the room.
She walked her way to the library. When Black came, she opened the purple doors, walking inside.

There were many bookshelves filled with all sorts of books; from advanced spell books to stories of well-known heroes. There was a wooden table nearby, with a few books placed on it. There were a few quills on it aswell.

She heard talking on the other side of the library. She used the invisibility spell once more and walked off to see what is it.
She walked up, seeing a lavander pony.

Her name was Starlight Glimmer. She was a unicorn mare with lavander coat and dark purple eyes and mane, with a streak of turquoise in it. She was reading a book, but speaking to an another mare.

The other mare was a unicorn aswell. She was blue with her mane being brighter shade of it.

Black walked backwards, removing the spell she was using. She walked up again, greeting.

"Hey there."

"Oh, hello Black!" Starlight said.

"Hello," The other mare said.

"I'm pretty sure you haven't met Trixie yet," Starlight said.
Black assumed that Trixie was the blue mare in front of Starlight. She greeted her aswell.

"Trixie and Starlight were practicing spells now," Trixie said, to Black's suprise, in third person.

"Oh, um, okay," Black said. "I won't interrupt you. I'll just go to my room..." Black said, walking away. She closed the library doors. Trixie and Starlight just looked at eachother and continued reading.


Twilight walked out of the school along with her 5 friends, each going in different directions. She walked up to her castle, entering it. Black watched as she did so, closing the window.
She walked out of her bedroom, going off to Twilight.

Black walked to the entrance of the castle, seeing Twilight along with Trixie and Starlight. The other two mares walked out, leaving Twilight by herself, soon to be approached by Black Moon.

"Hey Twilight," Black greeted.

"Oh, hey Black!" Twilight waved her hoof.

"So... where did Celestia go yesterday?" Black nervously asked.

"She went back to the castle because I needed to clean the frost-covered kitchen, and she didn't want to bother," Twilight replied.

"Oh, um, what happend?" Black asked, pretending to not know.

"Long story short, cupcake attempt with Pinkie and Spike," Twilight let out a small chuckle.

"Ohhh, okay. So, will she be coming back?" Black asked.

"She said she'll probably come back in a week," Twilight answered. "Or two."

"Oh, okay then," Black let out a huff, being relieved.

Twilight was heading to the library, stopping to ask:

"Oh, and if I may ask, why did you teleport away when Celestia knocked?" Twilight asked.

"I was afraid she would ask that...," Black thought to herself. "Um, well, I just, had... to go read... that letter!" Black lied.

"Oh, okay." Twilight said, continuing to walk away.

When Twilight left, Black frowned. She wished to ask for help, but she couldn't let anypony find out about her secrets, her plans, her personal life. She was all by herself in this, no matter who would ask to help. She walked back to her bedroom, her head being lowered. Opening the doors, she entered the room, closing them behind her (with her magic). She opened her window once more, looking up at the blue sky, filled with clouds, having a few birds passing through. Black closed her eyes, letting out a heavy sigh.

~It's okay.~
~I'll be here.~
~You'll be fine~

All of the encouraging words couldn't help her, they could only make her cry. But Black was a strong mare, so she closed the window, taking an another piece of paper, taking a quill and writing again.

To princess Celestia...


A day has passed since Celestia's last visit to Ponyville. She was back to her castle in Canterlot, doing everything she usually does at this time; signing papers, helping out ponies, all kinds of things.

At noon, Celestia was getting ready to have lunch. She walked up to a table, filled with all kinds of foods. She sat at her usual chair, levitating a fork. At that moment, Celestia recieved an another letter. Letters that she recieves these days worry her a lot, so she always expects something suprising, or at least the pony who had sent it.
Celestia levitated the letter, unwrapping it. She started to read the letter:

"To princess Celestia,
I know you are worried about what I will be doing. And I know, it's dangerous. But I'm not somepony that wants to bring harm. I'm trying to help.
I wanted for everypony to be happy. I know what you think. But I'm not like that.
All I want is to free somepony that was imprisoned by unjust. I was hoping you'd help, but even today, you still refuse to do so. And you're right, I am in Ponyville. Finding me could be a problem, but you were close.
Anyways, I'll be sending you letters often. Informing you with what I do will be okay, right?

Signed,
Black Moon

Celestia frowned when she read the letter. She levitated it back on the table, starting to think, and starting to eat.

Author's Note:

Yeah, not sure if this is the right title for the chapter. Eh, I guess it works :derpytongue2: