• Published 10th Dec 2011
  • 3,302 Views, 27 Comments

Its a beautiful day, and I cant see it. - Budinsky



When a human gets blinded he gets depressed, Can the Power of Friendship help him

  • ...
3
 27
 3,302

Fitting In

As I awoke the smell of toast, orange juice, and eggs filled my nostrils. As I kept smelling I decided to take care of my ever growing hunger problem. While I descended down the staircase I saw Twilights assistant Spike. Since I got here Ive grown a friendship with Spike for two reasons, one he's a dragon and that's pretty cool and secondly, when the day was done we would stay up and talk about our problems. I vented about how it was being blind and the stress among other things while he told me about his crush on Rarity. I have to admit it was pretty admirable to see such a strong love in a different world, even if it was one sided.

" Morning Greg, you sleep well" the little dragon asked

" Yes I did thanks for asking" I replied " Mmmm that smells amazing".

" Thanks but taste it before you decide that".

" If its not cooked by Twi' I'm good" We both shared in a rather long and hard laugh only to be interrupted by a throat being cleared by a rather annoyed looking Twilight standing in the doorway, that shut us up.

" Sorry Twilight but its kinda true" Spike said

" You have many talents but cooking isnt one of them" I agreed

" I guess you right but enough of that, lets eat"

Not another word was spoken for our mouths were being filled with Spikes delicious food. When we all finished Spike excused himself to do the dishes and Twilight headed out to go hang out with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie to do god knows what. As I was thinking about what to do for today Spike told me that he was going to help Rarity go gem hunting for this new order of dresses, leaving me nothing to do. I was contemplating on either playing guitar or working out a little. I had gone a little pudgy from the months of being blind and not really being able to work out or unleash on a punching bag. Then a knock came on the door,and when I pulled the door open there was the sherbert pony Applejack.

" Heya Greg is Twilight in"?

" Sorry Applejack she just left actually, any reason".

" Naw no reason at all, just bored is all"

" Think we can help each other out there, I was just going to head to the edge of the forest to work out, you wanna come" I asked.

" Well I think that's a mighty fine idea sure ill come"

On the way to the edge of the Everfree, Applejack and I started to ask each other about what we did for entertainment and about each others world. She had told me she and her friends just hung out and told each other stories for entertainment and that the world was controlled by the two alicorn princesses. I had asked her why they had the status of princess when a queen and king weren't present and told her that it should be the two Queens not princesses. I just got a weird look and I just decided to ignore it and move on. I told her about television and other things like that and about sports, even the less popular one like Nascar. I had found it funny that the southern country girl had found Nascar interesting. After some time we finally arrived at the edge of the Everfree.

" So shall we begin AJ"

" What should we start with then"

I decided to start with a warm up then some cardio and finish off with some sparring. All throughout the exercise AJ had kept up with me surprisingly well, even better in fact but when we started sparring and wrestling is when things got bad. As I got AJ in a headlock I heard a voice yell " Get off of her" then a sharp force hitting my head followed by darkness.