• Published 11th Oct 2018
  • 1,486 Views, 22 Comments

Luna's Club of Reformed Villains... And Their Girlfriends - ChillyKitty



A club for the used-to-be most evil creatures in all of Equestria... and their special someponies?

  • ...
1
 22
 1,486

New Interest ~ VI

Twilight climbed upon her perfectly made bed and laid down on it. She used a wing to gesture for Tempest to join her, she hesitated for but a moment before she gave in and sat next to the alicorn.

Twilight hovered a dozen books that were sitting on her nightstand over to the pair. “So what do you like to read?” She asked, “I got fiction, non fiction, historical, agricultural, scie-” she cut herself of, “Well, you get it, the list is long.”

Tempest used a hoof to hide her laugh, “Whatever you suggest.”

Twilight’s eyes lit up at those words, any previous awkwardness suddenly vanished as she explained in great detail about the tale of one story and the scientific accuracy of the next.

Tempest just observed the Princess. A tiny smile stuck on her muzzle. She’d seen it before, Twilight’s beauty that is, but this was the first moment that she actually acknowledged it. The way her eyes looked when she smiled and hovered over a new book with her magic or when she giggled at a joke she made about the difference between two historical figures or something of the like.

Well, now that Tempest thought about it, she liked Twilight. Of course she liked Twilight, they were friends, but.. This… could she like Twilight in that way? She was a mare and on top of that an alicorn princess. Tempest stifled a sigh, perhaps it was admiration and nothing more. She’d never even considered romance before let alone decided on whether she liked mares at all in that way. It was likely that she just looked up to Twilight, that was normal, she is a princess after all.

“Tempest?”

“Oh uh-” Twilight’s voice knocked her out of her thoughts, “Sorry, I was just thinking, please continue.”

Twilight stared at Tempest for just a second longer. Then she shrugged and turned back to her book, “So as I was saying, this details the life of Stygian and his descent into madness, it’s a pretty interesting read, especially for a true story.”

Tempest leaned on a forehoof as she listened to the pony she admired. Still, a small part of her nagged at her mind, something told her it was admiration at all. She tried her best to ignore it but it still existed in the back of her head, bugging her and giving her an aching feeling that her like for Twilight was more than one of a friend’s.

One thing was for certain, Tempest had never been so interested in hearing about books before.

~~~

Luna’s integration into the castle’s staff wasn’t the smoothest. She worked on spells the best she could, but they only seemed to make progress when Celestia was there to help.

One morning, weeks into the search of the spell, Luna trotted towards the wizards’ corridor, a smile still stuck on her face after having lowered the moon herself. She blinked as she got closer to the entry of the wizards’ room. Her smile faltered as she locked eyes with a green unicorn. Clover had returned, and next to him was a bearded stallion.

“Starswirl.” She spoke without thinking.

“Huh? Oh Luna, there you are!” He seemed angry, but it quickly melted to glee, “I heard that you’d been helping with some spells.”

“Yes I have.” She said, her eyes itching to look at Clover. She didn’t look though, she wouldn’t be able to hold herself back. Though whether she was holding herself back from yelling or crying is something she wasn’t sure about.

“Isn't that wonderful!” Starswirl asked, looking to Clover for response.

“..Yes, of course.” The green stallion said with hesitance, “It’s always good to have more hooves helping.”

With that, Luna looked over to Clover. She found that he was looking at several things, his eyes darted from her eyes, the ground, Starswirl, his hooves and her wings. It was fairly clear that he was trying to look at her wings without her knowledge. She grinned, she could make it harder for him. She yawned, a normal yawn one my do in the morning, but it was slightly different than a unicorn’s. She found it her recent days of sudden alicorn-ness, that when one with wings yawned, the wings wanted to stick out and stretch. Normally she held them back but this morning she let the stick out. After a moment she folded them and look at Clover’s almost unreadable facial expression. “Oh my, I’m sorry.” She laughed a little, turning to Clover. “I’m still getting used to having wings on my back.” she stated.

Luna was certain that Starswirl knew what she was doing as he was laughing slightly at Clover’s uncomfortableness. “I can see that.” he spoke. After a second, Starswirl’s demeanor changed, “..Luna, I’m so sorry about Discord. I have no idea what you see in him, it’s no secret that he wasn’t on the good side of any of the wizards, but I know you two are close…” he paused, Luna new this stallion wasn’t one for friends, he probably only knew she was upset about Discord from word of mouth, “What I’m trying to say is that I look forward to helping you with a return spell.” he smiled.

Luna smiled in response, “Thank you, Starswirl.”

The day surprisingly passed like any other. Clover mostly ignored Luna and Starswirl struck up a few conversations with her and the other wizards but it was otherwise normal.

Luna was trying and failing to cast a spell that would, in theory, bring discord back. She sighed, it was getting harder and harder to make the spell as it was proving almost impossible to find the location of a place that nopony knew of. Sure they knew that tartarus existed, they knew that the ancient spell could open a portal to Tartarus, but nopony knew where it was.

Celestia came shortly after this failed attempt, bringing words of encouragement along with some other news. “The.. ruler of the Crystal Empire wishes to strengthen it- his bond with us.” she fumbled through a sentence as she tried to nonchalantly talk with her sister.

“I’d have to imagine that this is good news.” Luna replied hesitantly, picking up on her sister’s tone. It had quickly become the norm for Celestia to bring up important ruler business in their casual conversations.

“Er, yes. He has heard the news of Discord and would like to offer his condolences, along with the offer of a temporary replacement.” she said, getting quieter with every word.

“Pardon?” Luna gasped, louder than she probably should’ve. She glanced around the room and laughed awkwardly, waiting for the confused faces of the unicorns to turn back to their work. “I will not replace my best friend.”

“It’s only temporary, and it’s not really a replacement of a best friend and more of a replacement for a caregiver, as King Sombra has somehow gotten it in his head that that was all Discord was.” She huffed, “And neither of us are going to correct him.” She stated, shaking her head after a moment, “No he wishes to send over his fiance as a nanny.”

Luna tilted her head and squinted her eyes, “I hardly need a nanny.”

“I’m well aware Sister.” Celestia agreed, “However, Sombra is large threat to Equestria at the moment and I’d wish to make better allies before he does something drastic. Please just consider accepting his offer.” She looked to Luna weakly.

The younger alicorn thought for a moment before sighing, her wings drooping in the process. “Very well.” she said, “But she will not replace Discord.”


“Of course not.” Celestia smiled, “Thank you sister.”

Author's Note:

we back with the shortest chapter, you can send your complaints to my easily distracted brain and its assistant, writers block.

hopefully then next chap will be longer

rn my easily distracted brain is trying to make me write beetlejuice fanfiction for the 90s tv series send help