• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 421 Views, 3 Comments

To walk in their Hooves - Nightmare Darkness



A entity known as the Guardian leaves her post to experience life as a normal pony as her power already withering. Follow her as she experiences life.

  • ...
 3
 421

Choice and Birth

It had been millennia as the guardian overwatched the life on the planet keeping the darkness at bay. The Guardian was a smaller representation of her mother. Two sets of wings and only one horn and bestowed the feelings that her mother had felt for those down on the planet she had taken charge of. In essence she was in fact the goddess of this world. But her power was waning after so long. The guardian looked to the cosmos again and saw her ever presence nemesis overlooking the world. Always looking for a way to get into the protective barrier. She herself did not maintain the barrier that was her mothers magic not hers.


The world had grown, matured and developed. Three races had grouped together after realizing they were stronger together then apart. The changelings who once were white and pure had been corrupted wholly by the darkness. But she still help out hope that the spark of her mothers love would succeed in the end. The guardian looked over towards the dragons with a look of pity, greed had enveloped them almost completely but still she held out for hope. She looked back down at the three races of ponies. She had bestowed power over the celestial bodies to the two sisters. Her power was getting two weak to do that herself but dividing it between the two had been the right choice even though Luna the younger had jealousy worm into her heard and darkness overcame her. She had to give help to Celestia for that time even if she did not know it. Things were going to happen and truthfully she did not know what, but she knew that the small purple unicorn was going to be the center of a lot of happenings. As guardian she could give certain powers and skills to many. Because of that it was her fault now everypony has cutimarks. She didn't have a way to show ponies talents and resorted to a tattoo for a quick solution. That was a blunder she didn't meant to do but...eh, they like it so no harm no foul.


She looked down at the charges she was entrusted to look after and found herself simply wondering what it was like to be one of her mother creations. Her power was diminishing and well...she couldn't do much from where she was now. Soul reincarnation was self sustaining as well as everything that seemed to run without her help or need for intervention. She was in all essence board. She looked down at the world and the looked forward and blinked twice and a menu appeared before her showing a simple pony figure. She played with the settings and then shook her head selecting only one standard thing she wanted unicorn. The rest she chose at random and looked down at the world again before dismissing the menu. She looked down at a few candidates and then saw a mare being artificially inseminated and smiled. Her. The Guardian looked around and back up at her mother nemesis one last time before bringing up the menu again and selecting the accept button. Her world went dark.



The mare on the table was a well loved member of the staff of the hospital and well since this was her first time giving birth she knew what it entailed but all of her years of helping deliver fouls and colts did not prepare her for the agonizing pain and trauma that was childbirth. Nurse Redheart breath in a practiced rhythm as her friend and cohort Dr. Scope stood by her side. She had asked her to be there with her.

"Redheart, hunny, I need you to count with me on three push. One, Two, three." her fellow nurse ordered. Redheart groaned in effort and then cried out as she shook her head.

"I-I cant do it...I cant." she said in a pleading voice as her coat was drenched in sweat and her pink mane disheveled.

"You are doing so amazing" Scope said and she looked at her with a glare.

"Want to switch places?" Redheart asked harshly and Scope couldn't help but crack a smile.

"You seem to have it under control." She said.

"Push." the nurse ordered again and Redheart clenched her teeth and cried out again in pain.

"Its a unicorn we can see the head!" one of the nurses said happily as Redheart smiled and then she clenched her teeth again.

"Another contraction." Redheart informed as she bit her pillow as she groaned loudly in pain.

"Ok, I have the head. One more push hunny." The nurse said as Redheart took in a few small breathes in rapid succession and then pushed with all of being as the foul was caught in the hooves of the nurse who was standing by with a warm towel. The blood spattered the white coat of Redheart as they placed the unicorn foul in her forehooves. The umbilical cord still attached and Redheart began to tap the back of the foal, suddenly the foul cried out as a new life was brought into the world. The small life in her embrace covered in blood and bodily fluids had a white coat much like her mothers and a baby blue mane and tail under all of the blood. Redheart looked down as her chest swelled with pride and then her eyes watered over. All previous pain forgotten and replaced by an overwhelming pride and unquenchable love.

"Hello....Scriptheart." Redheart said as the name seemed to flow into her mind as it did for everypony born in the world. It was at that moment Scriptheart opened her eyes for the first time in the world revealing one crystal blue and one light red that looked around the room. Scope smiled down at her friend and not an eye in the room was dry at the news as one of the nurses went out into the hall and announced it to the other nurses who all cheered. Redheart chuckled softly as she wiped away some of the gunk on Scriptheart's face and kissed her head under her horn and that caused her to quiet and look up at her mother in wonder.

"I love you so much." Redheart said almost a whisper and Scriptheart blinked.