• Published 25th Aug 2018
  • 419 Views, 3 Comments

To walk in their Hooves - Nightmare Darkness



A entity known as the Guardian leaves her post to experience life as a normal pony as her power already withering. Follow her as she experiences life.

  • ...
 3
 419

Prolouge

Looking down on the globe of a barren world that was once just floating debris of a combination of medals, elements, chemicals now given form, was a figure with four hooves six wings and two horns protruding from her forehead. The mare entity looked down on the unmolded world and with a small smile lifted her hoof to her mouth and blew a wind filled with glitter towards the planet. Wherever the flecks fell trees, shrubs, mountains, valleys, and all manner of geography and biodiversity budded into existence. She chuckled warmly causing the cosmos around her to rippled. Now she was going to try something she never tried herself. Create...intelligent life.


She had a flood of creatures all materialize within her infinite mind. Bugs, beasts, fish, all matter of creatures and with a wave of her hoof they all floated towards the planet. She then arrived to all the intelligent creatures she thought about each one and gave them characteristics to make them distinct from one another. Griffins, earth ponies, unicorns, changelings, pegasi, yaks, ect. all were created with love and happiness in their hearts. She willed them to life but after a moment nothing happened, they remained lifeless. She tried again by putting more power into breathing life into the small lives. She felt a sense of failure as she looked distressed and then focused again pouring everything she was into them...her children.


Everything she was, is, and will be was breathed into their little bodies. Then it happened, their eyes flittered open to take in the world around them. She was exhausted and drained like she had never felt before. She felt her legs buckle as she looked at her creation with wet eyes as she smiled and gave a happy sob. Suddenly the feeling of a cold engulfed her as another being made itself known.


His features of a stallion were dark, jagged and matched his female counterpart as he now looked down on the new world that was breathed into the universe with hungry eyes. Her eyes became desperate as his hoof hovered over the world and she cried out as her horns both glowed as she roared in defiance. He backed away before giving a smirk and his horns glowed as well, then with a spark of dark energy it slammed into the world as she screamed in terror. She reached out and embraced the planet but the damage was done. She looked down at her children and now darkness, anger, greed, evil was implanted into the hearts of every inhabitant. She looked at the dark entity through tear stained eyes. She then took in a deep breath and gently blew onto the planet again but this time introducing something to combat the darkness, Magic, hope, good, and harmony.


With this last sacrifice of power her body who only moments ago was full of power and radiated energy now greyed out as she looked at the darkness with a smile which conveyed that he had not won yet. He snarled in anger and frustration as a tear ran down his snarling face. Her tears slowed as she gave one shuddering death gasp as a small but powerful source of power enveloped the globe cocooning it in a protective power. The last of her essence as a guardian against the Darkness.

Author's Note:

The beginning of every world if full of cataclysm and wonder.