• Published 1st Sep 2018
  • 1,274 Views, 21 Comments

The love of chaos and harmony or the romantic adventures of the O&O gang - Shadowlight Wanderer



As Big Mac continues dating Sugar Belle, Discord and Spike are starting to wonder about their love lives and decide to take action and win the love for themselves. Together, O&O style. What can possibly go wrong?

  • ...
7
 21
 1,274

This is not the end

Chapter 15 (and epilogue)

Beginning at the end

"Wake up...please !" the voice whispered

Spike slowly opened his eyes and heard a familiar scratch on the floor.

He raised up, stretching his muscular body along with the wings, and noticed a small figure standing in the door of the bedroom.

He sighed

"Tough night again Cryss?"

Little filly slowly nodded and said, pouting

"I tried to get to Seri's bed but..."

"Hey, I didn't say you can't sleep with me " another filly, approximately three or four years older, entered the bedroom yawning "Just that I had to go to the toilet..."

"No, she ditched me, I know she did !" the younger one cried

"No !!! This is an unfair accusation I will not respond to !!!"

"Crystal ! Serenity !" Spike gestured rapidly, pointing at the bed " Please, be quiet. It is still early. You know how your mom is acting when someone is interrupting her beauty-"

Suddenly, a white hoof appeared pulling him back under blanket.

Spike chuckled, when the too familiar violet locks fell on his face.

"Speaking of mom...girls, hop on ! You can go sleep with us. But this is the last time."

"But what if I will have a nightmares again..." filly called Crystal sobbed.

"In that case, you will have your big sister to protect you" Serenity smiled, before turning to Spike " But daddy, I am 12. I think I am bit of too old for that".

"There is no such thing as being too old for anything, trust me on that" came an unknown voice and then.. the door exploded.

Two fillies jumped on the bed, when from the smoke emerged a two tall, hooded figures emerged from smoke.

Rarity jumped up, cucumbers falling from her eyes

"Wha- wha-" she muttered half-asleep before noticing the intruders.

She immediately got in front of the fillies

"Who are you ? What do you want and what are you doing in my home ?" she asked, holding her head high.

"We are the ones who will claim this land for our own and reign for eternity. But to do this ,we shall need The Catalyst. Give me your children, and no one else will be harmed"

"Oh, forget about it ! I don't know who you are and why are you doing this but better go right where you came from ! I will rather die than let somepony take my children away. Especially somepony wearing such dreadful robes as you"

The eyes under the robe flashed maliciously

"If you stand in our way, we shall grant you your wish"

A lightning flew across the room in Rarity's direction

Spike jumped in front of her , shielding her and his daughters.

"RAAAAAAAAARITYYYYYYYY !!!!!!!"

******************************

"AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!" Spike jumped up and looked around wildly, breathing heavily.

He was laying on the hill by the riverside of Ponyville. It was warm, summer night. Down below, ponyvillian archivist was playing some romantic comedy, that in Spike's humble opinion was piece of garbage, but Rarity insisted upon going, saying it was a classic of cinematography so...

A nudge in the back made him turn around

"Spike..." Rarity let out a cute, musical yawn. Turned out that she was bored too so both of them fell asleep. "I know that the movie is positively horrible, but no need to scream about it..."

She focused her gaze on him and gasp

"Why Spikey, you look very pale. Is something wrong ?"

Spike gulped and spoke, trying to hide the shaking of his voice

"It...It's nothing Rarity. I thought I saw something strange...but it's okay now. I will just...go stretch my legs a bit. I will be back in an instant" he kissed her on the cheek.

"That's nice..." she smiled and sat straight " I'll wait here..."

"I will be right back" said Spike, walking away.

When Rarity disappeared from eyesight, he clenched his head.

What in actual hell was that dream ?

He was...taller and stronger in it...he and Rarity were...sleeping together...and he had...children...and somepony...or someone...attacked them ?

What. The. Hell ?

There was no way in the world that he could simply IMAGINE all of this, was it ?

"Hey man, what are you doing on the ground ?" said a bit high, yet unmistakably masculine voice.

Spike opened his eyes to see yet another familiar sight

"Hi, Button. I just...was thinking about something, no biggy. So...I guess Sweetie is around too ?"

Button Mash waved a hoof

"Yeah, she went to buy some snacks cause she decided that even if that movie was a crap, we still can have picnic date. So you are here with Rarity, right ?"

Spike massaged his head

"Yes, and I probably should be going back to her. She will get angry that "gentledrake shouldn't leave a lady by herself at this hour" then she will start worry that something happened to me and then she will accuse the entire Ponyville of taking me hostage, making them guilty of me leaving her alone...that's my marefriend for you."

Button Mash patted him on the shoulder

"Yeah, we are hella lucky to have such awesome marefriends. Plus, we get to spend more time gaming together"

"Yeah, guess so" Spike laughed.

He didn't know Button Mash very well before this whole Dark Harmony thing. They only played video games occasionally, along with Tap Dancer and Rumble.

But one day, few days after the defeat of Reflections to be exact, Button ran into the castle to tell Spike that Sweetie Belle wanted to date him once again. Since Spike begin to date Rarity few days prior, two of them went on a guys night to celebrate winning the hearts of the most gorgeous unicorn sisters in town. Spike had no idea that one could get drunk drinking an apple juice. But sometimes, Button was denying all laws of logical reasoning.

Still, Spike's thoughts wandered off to Sweetie Belle. He still didn't have a courage to tell Button that he was one of the main reasons behind Sweetie's change of heart...

Three months earlier

"Discord, Miss Harmonia, please hear me out before we go !!!" Spike shouted and his voice echoed throughout the cave.

"Yes, dragon youngling ?" a whisper came from the Tree.

Spike pointed at Sweetie Belle, who was now in Rarity's embrace. When older unicorn learned what happened before Spike got to her, she momentarily broke into tears, firstly hugged Spike and now were sobbing, hugging sleeping Sweetie Belle.

"My friend here sacrificed something precious to her. If it wasn't for her, we would all be doomed. So I want her to have a happy ending too...as much as it is possible. So I have an idea."

Spike flew to Discord's ear and whispered something into his ear.

Discord's eyes widened.

"That's...a surprisingly good option. I can't believe I didn't think of that. But I can't do it alone and I am not sure if Harmonia-"

"I already know everything from young dragon's...Spike's thoughts. Pardon me for intrusion, but mortal creatures can be extremely slow in framing plans. I wanted to speed things up. Spike, it is indeed noble plan and I agree to it. I still might have enough magic to perform it. However, the task you request will leave me very weak. And until I recover, you have to make a vow that you will guard Equestria in my absence. Please..."

The Elements of Harmony disconnected from the Tree and materialized around the necks of their surprised bearers.

"Hold on to my elements why I am healing. It would be better for my state to not to use them but...who knows what awaits in the future."

"Miss Harmonia" Spike said nervously " Please don't do anything that can harm you"

"Young dragon, I am the Harmony. Only goat-face jackass here can kill me. I will be fine and as I said, I am choosing to help you. Remember your promise, Spike. Protect my land."

"I won't let you down" Spike proudly pushed his chest forward.

"And we will stand by his side to support him " Twilight hugged Spike and five of their friends smiled to him.

"Well then..." Harmonia materialized in his alicorn form, made of pure light " I suppose we shall do it now. Discord, are you ready ?"

Draconequus grinned widely

"As long as you are. Man, I haven't done this in eons. This sure will be fun"

Harmonia nodded and looked to Discord's side

"And Miss Fluttershy..."

Fluttershy's head shot up and she lowered her head, intimidated by immortal creature

"Y-yes ?"

"Keep an eye on Discord while I am absent. Someone has to make him behave himself ?"

"Such a painful words !!! Such lack of trust !!!" Discord clenched his heart and a halo appeared over his head. It quickly deflated and fell on his antler.

"Spike, come in the centre. Miss Rarity, may I borrow your sister for a moment ?"

Rarity wiped her tears and nodded

"Of course" she said, levitating Sweetie Belle near Spike.

Harmonia inhaled and invocated

"Meta haitha, deta leatha, yrd mah akviir fatan mone e cera lia enamath !!! My Children, give me your strength"

The cave was enveloped by darkness. Spike and Sweetie Belle levitated a few meters in the air.

Elements of Harmony shot six rays of Light that united into one , shining orb in front of Harmonia.

Discord and Harmonia walked under floating Sweetie and Spike. The orb of energy situated between them.

Lord of Chaos and Lady of Harmony closed their eyes and said in unison, extending their limbs to each other

"Universal Creation !!! Seconded !!! Motion carried !!! Let it be rewritten !!!"

The claw grasped a hoof.

And the ball of magic exploded, a roaring column of raw power enveloping Harmonia, Discord, Spike and Sweetie Belle

The rest of the ponies could only watch soundlessly as Discord and Harmonia begin to sing. A song without words, infused with every emotion and feeling. And while everypony, especially princesses, felt like they heard it before, they could not tell when.

Spike felt as if his entire body was pulled in every direction and then...

He saw himself. His exact replica floating right in front of him. When he turned right, he saw that the same thing happened to Sweetie Belle.

The magical orb was now completely white and her fragments started to fly higher and ignite...becoming galaxies.

Then stars lit up the nothingness...

The planets appeared...

One in particular...Earth...

The world started to spread in every direction...

The entire universe, Earth and the entire nation of Equestria was recreated once again in a fraction of the thought...

Discord and Harmonia were still singing, Harmonia slowly and profoundly, Discord quickly and terribly off-key.

The entire universe was reconstructed.

The shadow-copies of Spike and Sweetie Belle found themselves in front of the Tree of Harmony. They bodies glimmered when they gained physicality. They looked at all the ponies around and smiled, hoof finding claws once again...

Meanwhile, the group watching the ritual, plus original Spike and Sweetie Belle, disappeared with the last note from Discord and Harmonia.

**************************

Twilight blinked a few times before speaking, her voice sounding a bit distant

"Was that...did you..."

Spike raised up, still a bit dizzy from experience.

"Since I heard that Chaos and Harmony together posses a power of god, I wanted to test it." he explained " We just recreated our universe, with everything in it, all of us included. Except a few changes. The version of me that was copied, was purified of all my love to Rarity, and Sweetie Belle's love for me was restored. Plus, Sweetie Belle and Rarity switched places during the events inside of the Tree. It was Rarity who gave me the love and Sweetie Belle that joined me, Discord and Fluttershy in final battle. Those copies have our memories, they are us...only couples changed. Hopefully they will be happy together, the other Sweetie and other me. So, here you go."

"Here you go ?!!! That was something to behold !!! I can't imagine how much magic it required !" Celestia

"An entire pocket dimension just because of one couple ? That was...Tree ex machina !" Luna shouted.

"Hey, don't leave me out. Half of the world is mine" Discord muttered from the ground" Creating a new universe can make you really hungry !!!"

Rarity approached Spike and kissed him softly

"To think that you came up with all of this to make my sister happy...somewhere. I am very grateful for what you did Spikey-Whikey"

"Well, I guess it worked. Kinda sad that we won't be able to watch the effect though." Spike frowned.

"Oh, don't you worry about it one bit " Pinkie chatted, winking to Discord " Me and Discord will visit them from time to time. Maybe I will throw all of you an interdimensional party !!!"

Celestia looked at the Tree, which lost all its brightness.

"I think she is...sleeping ? Regenerating ?"

"Yep. And with my friends, we will protect Equestria no matter what in her name" Spike said, as he joined the group hug.

**********************

"You know, we had to help Taps with Applebloom and Rumble with Scootaloo. This way we all..."

"This sounds like awesome plan, but I had to go back." Spike shouted, waving goodbye to his friend " Tell Sweetie that I said hi"

"Sure thing. She is always happy to see you so..." Button was hit in the head in mid sentence. He sighed " Right, right, I know that you don't want to undermine me... see ya !"

Spike returned to Rarity's side, enjoying conversation with her and later escorting to Boutique. After a good night kiss, Spike walked to castle, but stop in the middle of the way.

"There is no way I am leaving this dream unspoken. Who is the specialist in the weird, unexplained stuff."

He sighed and shouted

"Discord ! Discord ! Discord !"

He blinked when he realized he wasn't in Ponyville anymore. He was standing on the floating rock, in the dark, violet space, filled with various wonders, that Spike's mind couldn't or didn't want to comprehend. In front of him was a small house.

So this was Discord's place.

He rang knocked and the door opened on their own

Spike run in

"Discord !!! I have a really imp-"

Then, his vocal cords were muted.

He looked around, throughout the chaotic residence, with furniture on the ceiling and stairs leading to nothing, sink filled with clean plates , ready to be dirtied...until he saw Discord...and Fluttershy hanging on his neck, yet sleeping soundly.

Discord placed a small kiss on Fluttershy's forehead and yellow pegasus disappeared, probably teleported back to her cottage.

Discord sighed and snapped his claws, returning to Spike his voice.

"You better have a good reason" draconequus growled.

Spike coughed and began

"I do and I think it may be interesting for you, as an expert of all things chaotic and stuff. So, I was on a date with Rarity and we went to a really boring movie and I fell asleep but then..."

************************

"So...what do you think ?" asked Spike after he finished his story.

Discord was sitting on the upside down sofa and somehow, he was eating the juice and drinking the sandwich.

He frowned

"That sounds really strange, like you said. There is no way that you could imagine it in such a detail. Which means that someone was sending you a vision to your mind. But who...and why ?"

He started to twirl his goatee, while looking at Spike with one eye closed

"Not only that, someone who sent that vision had to be really powerful, if the message could travel not only through space, but also time. This is really fascinating"

He flew down, eyeing Spike suspiciously.

"Hmm...but you and Rarity...have you considered it ?" Discord asked, raising an eyebrow.

Spike twisted his head

"Considered...what ?"

Discord grinned malevolently

"You know...doing good to each other, filling the hole, becoming one, kamasutring, exploring the cave of wonders"

"Gyaaaahhh!!!! Noooooo!!!" Spike shrieked, blushing. " We both agreed to wait at least three years, when she will be in her late and me in my early twenties. For now, there is only kissing, dating and laying on the same bed but...ehh, no sex yet. no. Though, if you could..."

Discord waved a paw

"Of course I could, I can do it. But wait a little longer. This is supposed to be an emergency option. Not that I don't want to see their faces if I modify your body..."

"That reminds me " Spike coughed and leaned closer " What about you, Fluttershy and this whole immortality thing you had going on ?"

"Well..." Discord sighed once again and conjured up paper scraps, that he immediately began to chew "I discovered a way to make myself mortal...or at least I think so. If I expose myself to the Elements long enough, like that time when I was chained to the Tree, maybe I can stay with Fluttershy and die together."

"But you said that the whole universe will be destroyed if you die before your time"

A "works in progress" sign appeared over Discord's head.

"There are a few concerning factors, such as destruction of the entire reality as you know it...but it is nothing I can't handle !"

"Riiight..." Spike took a sip of his sapphire milkshake "So...this vision...should I tell anypony about this ?"

Discord shook his head as he landed on the ground

"Nah, not yet anyway. We will wait for the turn events...but that doesn't mean we can't a bit of research in the meantime !"

He snapped a phone into existence and put it to his ear.

"Hello...yes...yes...no...it is not about the lottery...I know you are in space right now...yes...tell those aliens to wait a minute...no!!!...listen to me, this is something important, Equestria's safety depends on it...what ?...fine, fine...just get me all the info about Spike the Dragon, his family and surroundings in proximity...well, let's say...10 years. Yes, in current timeline...good...good...take your time...but come back in my place, in this moment...I owe you one, thanks"

Discord hang off and rubbed his hands.

"Not long for now we will have all the answers we need"

A strange noise filled the room and a moment later, a chestnut colur earth pony appeared, carrying the pile of documents.

Spike's jaw dropped

"Time Turner ? What are you doing here ?"

Stallion straightened his tie and muttered

"For the record, I am only doing this because I know what you will face. So here you go. I took me a week to collect those. And Spike, you might as well call me the Doctor."

Doctor glared at Discord with serious face

"Discord, remember what we talked about when we first met. No temporal violation, no messing with fixed points. Actually" he glanced at the medium-size pile of paper and sighed " the less you read it, the better. Check the information only when necessary. Now, if you excuse me, I still have an invasion to stop and I left Ditzy for far too long. Farewell. Phone if you have questions."

Then he marched off the room. The noise sounded again, until it became a distant echo

"What was that ?" Spike muttered " And how did he get it all so quickly ? You phoned a minute ago !!!"

"He...has his ways" Discord dismissed Spike's doubts "What matters now...is this treasure over here."

A glasses appeared on Discord's nose when he and Spike gathered around the documents. Three cards in particular caught their attention.

Each one had a photo attached to it.

First one depicted the young unicorn mare with a white coat and loosely falling mane in a colour of light purple. Her eyes were in a mixed shade of green and blue. Note under photograph stated:

Serenity Radiance Twilight,

16 years,

Canterlot High School Cheerleading Club, A Decoration Department, Charity supervisor

The next photo showed a slim teenage dragon, wingless, with light green scales and sharp, white spikes. His eyes were very bright blue, almost white.

Flare Hondo Armor

14 years

Hoofball Club, Scouting Club, Comic book Club.

And finally the last picture presented the most strange looking filly. She appeared to had claws instead of hooves, but her body was definitely pony shaped. White scales covered her entire body. She had a dark purple mane, but it seemed to be rather thick and a bit shorter, compared to Serenity's. Her eyes were in lighter shade of purple and had vertical, reptilian pupils.

Crystal Belle

13 years

There wasn't any description of the clubs or organisations that Crystal was part of.

Spike just stared at the photographs in amazement.

"Are they...really..."

"Afraid so. Those are your children"

"Well, they definitely are Rarity's . "Spike eyed the purple manes and Serenity's perfect figure " But I guess they are mine too... I am so...I don't even know... Discord, why are we doing this ?"

"To gather as many clues as we can get from that vision of yours" Discord reflectively" But I think that all those things will happen faster than it is expected. Your family isn't the only concern here. What if I told that the noble act of preserving Sweetie Belle's feelings disturbed the balance of Harmony in Equestria and some dark forces will seize this chance to break free to take over the world ?"

They quietly stared at each other, before exploding in laughter

"Right, right...for now, we wait for the future. Ears and eyes opened, but we try to forget about what we just told each other" Discord said, raising the glass of chocolate milk.

Spike smiled and joined the toast

"Agreed. To the future, our friends, our love and Ogres & Oubliettes !"

Author's Note:

I can't believe that story finally came to an end. I had so much fun writing this and I think I can say with full sincerity that it was my first true story. Thank you for the amazing support, as well as my wonderful family. As I said, it was a real pleasure to write this, I think I included all things I wanted to add in it. So yeah. This part is close...but as you may see, this is not the end cause I am preparing for the sequel. Before I officially change the status of this story, I will add some extra parts fro future Part 2, Echoes of Eternity. Hope you'll enjoy them.


Since this is my last note in the story, I would like to express my wish. There is something truly wonderful for the author to listen to his own story. So if any of you has a voice-recording talent or knows something with that ability and rexommend the story to him...I would really appreciate the gesture. I was even dreaming of this story becoming audio drama but hey, baby steps. After all, the judgement if this story is even worth reading, let alone recording or doing the project with, is yours and yours only. So yeah, I said it. Thanks for hearing me out.

For all the people that followed me, thank you so much. Be sure to share this story to your friends if you want to recommend it. For people new to this story,
warm welcome. For the ones that didn't like it, thanks as well. It's because the people like you that I can improve my writing skills.

Regardless, see you all in Echoes of Eternity. As mentioned, I will give you a sneak peek, for you to see what are we marching into. First chapter should be published in the period of two weeks. And to all worried that I will turn this story into some kind of Sparity admiration club, fear not. Sparity,Fluttercord and their children will only be one of the three main focus points of the sequel, the other two being the families of the Mane 6 plus Starlight and all five alicorn princesses, especially Celestia and Luna.

See you !!!

Thanks for reading !!!