• Published 9th Dec 2011
  • 7,575 Views, 86 Comments

Moon Sugar - Jinadan



Twilight gets her hooves on illegal drugs. Shit happens.

  • ...
18
 86
 7,575

I'm Sorry

Moon Sugar : I’m Sorry

It was a warm evening in Equastria. Twilight Sparkle opened her eyes, and her vision slurred with black patches everywhere. She realized that she felt unusually clean, which was weird because she remembered going to bed in an uncomfortable sweaty mess.

“Twilight! You’re finally awake!”

Wait.. isn’t that.. Rarity? She felt a hoof touch her warm forehead.

“Woah, Twilight, your head’s still really hot.”

That voice... Rainbow Dash...? What’s going on?

Her vision started to clear, and she saw four friends all looking at her with concerned faces.

“What are you all doing here?” She uncomfortably forced the words out of her dried throat.

“Sugarcube, you’ve been sleeping for two days straight.”

2 Days?! She just stared at Applejack in disbelief.

Rarity immediately went to serve her a glass of warm water. Twilight drank it, relieving her throat.

“Thanks.”

“It’s okay. Twilight my darling, did anything happen to you?”

“Erm.. nope.. I’m just really tired.”

“I reckon’ somethings not right here. Nopony can sleep two days straight even if they wanted to!”

Twilight’s heart started to beat fast. She looked at Fluttershy, who gave her a very guilty look.

“I’m just.. really tired.. I need some rest.”

Tired? You just slept for two days! Something is not right here. Thought Rainbow.

“I think we should.. erm.. just let her rest...” Fluttershy said.

“You guys can go first, I’ll look after Twilight.” Rainbow told the rest.

“Twilight, if you ever need our help, just call us and we’ll always be there to help you.” Rarity gave her a warm, assuring smile.

Twilight nodded, and the the three ponies left the house, leaving Rainbow and Twilight alone.

“So.. Where’s Pinkie Pie?” Twilight cleared the awkward silence.

“I don’t know. She claimed she had some important fondue to make.”

“I see... Is Spike here?”

“Nah, the Princess needed him in Canterlot. He left yesterday.”

“Oh... Don’t you have work today?”

“No Twi, its my off day today.”

“Okay..”

Twilight just laid on her bed. It was definitely hard to swallow all that happened. She took drugs, got high, slept for two days straight, and got her friends all worried for her. She felt utterly horrible.

I took drugs. I’m a dirty pony.

“Rainbow, would you still be my friend if I.. did something really bad?”

“Of course! I’ll always be loyal to my friends. But did you do anything bad?” Rainbow’s curiosity flared up.

Come on, Twilight. Just tell Rainbow. I’m sure she can help you.

“I.. “

No, what if she leaves me? Or worse, what if she tells the royal guards? What if Princess Celestia knew? I’ll be totally screwed!

Twilight just stopped her words there, her eyes watering a little.

“It’s okay Twilight. You don’t have to tell me, but whatever it is, I will always be right behind your back.” At this, Rainbow gave her a comforting hug.

Twilight felt so much relief and comfort, the troubles seemed to just melt away in her Rainbow’s hooves. Honestly, she did not want this to end. But Rainbow eventually let go after a while, and Twilight gave a warm smile to Rainbow.

“Thanks...”

“No problem, Twi”

“Oh... Rainbow, I have a book you might like.”

Twilight got off her bed, and trotted downstairs, and Rainbow followed her. She levitated a thick tome from her bookshelf to Rainbow.

“Advanced Pegasus Aerodynamics...... by... Spitfire!?” Rainbow was completely stunned, she always had the impression that readers and writers were all just nerdy ponies. Never did she realize her idol Spitfire, was a writer.

“Wanna read it together?”

Rainbow nodded as she flew right beside her. Twilight flipped the book to the first page and began reading. They just read for hours and hours, it was the first time Rainbow ever drown herself in a book. Luna’s moon soon raised up, and Twilight lighted up a candles beside them using magic. They were now in a romantic orange hue surrounded by darkness.

“Hey Dashie, you know.. sometimes I’ve always wished I was a pegasus pony.”

Did Twilight just call me.. Dashie? Me Gusta...

“I.. erm.. well, flying is awesome and all, but I’m sure being a unicorn is fun too.” Rainbow said, while trying to hide the blush from her cheeks.

“It’s... not really that fun.”

Rainbow did not really know how to reply to that. They just looked at each other.

“Hey Twilight, can i get a drink from your fridge?” Rainbow broke the silence.

“Sure. Now that you mention it, I am kinda thirsty.. Can you grab one for me too?”

“Got it Twi”

She zoomed to the kitchen, and opened the fridge. Carrot juice... nah.. Red Pegasus? Doesn’t look too healthy.. Oh.. What’s this? She took out the two purple vials, put them on the counter, and closed the fridge. Uncorking one of them using her mouth, she gave it a small whiff. Smells like maple syrup. Rainbow gave it a huge gulp. It was undeniably sweet and it went down cool and smooth. She drank a few more gulps before taking the other vial and flying back to Twilight.

“Hey Twilight, what’s this? It tastes pretty good”

Twilight looked up, and her jaw dropped in horror.

“Oh my Celestia! Did you drink that?!”

“Well, only half of it..”

Twilight started to panic. If there was one thing worse then destroying her own life with drugs, it was making her friend’s life destroyed by the influence of it.

Rainbow started to feel an invisible force lift her up from the ground, and she was getting dragged towards the staircase leading downstairs. She stared at Twilight, and realize that she was using her telekinesis to bring her downstairs.

“Twilight! What’s going on?!” she said urgently, struggling to break free from her magic.

“That was an untested potion! I don’t know what’s going to happen to you now!”

By now they were both in the dark basement of the library. Twilight shut the door close, and dropped Rainbow off at a small pile of hay. By now, Rainbow’s heart was beating really fast and she was beginning to panic.

“What’s going to happen to me now..” Her vision started to slur, and she felt herself getting heavier and heavier...

“Rainbow.. I’m.. sorry..”

Her horn now glowed a furious red. She have never done a collapse spell on a live subject before, but she had no choice now, it was either she let Rainbow wake up as if nothing happened, or let the tree sap do it’s job and get her addicted. She concentrated a while more, and shot a huge white light at her. At this, Rainbow felt a sharp pain hit her head as she blacked out.

I’m so sorry Rainbow.. I’m doing this because.. I love you and I don’t want you to get hurt.