• Published 18th Jul 2018
  • 2,964 Views, 31 Comments

A Prince and his Princess - Amethyst Sparkle



Twilight has had friends this whole time behind Celestia's back, only not with ponies. Follow her and her first friends' adventures as they face the hardships fate will throw at them, including a mysterious enemy and a ghostly grandfather of Twilight

  • ...
6
 31
 2,964

Gaion of the Everfree

Equestria is a magical place. Full of wonders and undiscovered mysteries. One such puzzling site is the EverFree Forest. A place rumored to have a mind of it's own, with sentient plants and creatures so deadly if encountered. Sightings of a Hydra, a manticore, a chimera and even Timberwolves prooved the place was on not to be taken lightly.

There was one more rumor though, that when told sent a shiver down anypony's spine.

About a particular creature, so rare that it was both wished and thought to be extinct, that had been glimpsed among the vines.

A creature, called a Gaion.

These creatures are massive and strong, almost like the dinosaur T-rex. The only difference was this beast was entirely made of bones. Only animated by their mother's magic, as they were born dead. They are indestructable, nearly impossible to take down. They have teeth as sharp as swords, jaws strong enough to crumple titanium, eyes that can see through the dark, and a tail that can morph into any bladed weapon.

Nature wasn't done in making this beast almost undefeatable yet, as it's next quirk was the one most feared out of all others: it's ability to radiate emotion.

All ponies and creatures alike that are in it's radius, depending on how strong the Gaion is, immediately feel and act upon the emotion it is giving out.

A few cases of a Lustful Gaion found sleeping under a town or village had caused that town's population to erupt ridiculously in a short amount of time.

Cases of a gleeful Gaion caused multiple law breaks and daredevil stunts among even Pegasi cities, which are high up the air.

Gaions were dangerous, and even as the Princesses drove them away, as they cannot really kill them, smaller Gaions were seen now and then, and seeing one was a big deal.

No one has ever defeated a Gaion before, as they are only defeated truly if they are to be dissolved into pure emotion, absorbed into one's heart and overcome that strong feeling.

That is why, when it was rumored that the Everfree had a Gaion, everyone steered clear of the forest much more than before.

Which was prooved helpful at hiding Jason Sparkle, a juvenile Gaion who wanted to stay close to his mother.

He had been hiding in the Caves of Canterlot before when he grew bigger than a raptor, but when he heard his mother was transferred to Ponyville, he was there by midnight, startling the frick out of his mother and brother.

He then marked the entire Everfree as his territory, thus making him the top of the foodchain. It gave him the authority to order the other massive beasts around, since he was technically unkillable.

It made both Ponyville and the Forest safer than any other place in Equestria, which was another plus since he wasn't alone when he came to Ponyville.

On his way to the town that night, His mother's friends met him halfway, with a small swarm of their kind.

" They're helpless, Jason." The Prince said.

" They are wounded, for they are like us, who are against treating ponies like food." The Spy said.

" We were about to waste away in the lower catacombs when Prince Metamorphosis saved us." One little nymph muttered fearfully at Jason.

" We are grateful that the Prince was secretly on our side, and ever more when he brought us out of that wretched hole." One soldier said.

" You see, Jayjay? They need our help." The Prince concluded.

Jason had no hesitation that night, but he had one worry that he had addressed.

"Sigurado ka ba na walang traydor sa imohang grupo? "
( Are you sure there are no traitors in your group?)

He had asked in native Gaion language, to avoid anyone other than Prince and Spy to understand.

Prince nodded with a smile. " Walay traydor, Jason. Akoang gisigurado. "
(No traitors, Jason. I made sure of it.)
" Sure jud ka? "
(Are you really sure?)
" Sure kaayo. "
(Really sure)
That night too, Jason had brought the Exiles with him to meet with his mother. They had strangely no reaction with taking instructions from a pony, and one even went so far to call her " Queen Amethyst".

But it had went well, and with a continuous barrage of teleportation spells that still went on to this day, they had emptied a local volcano clean for a new hidden hive.

He was currently guarding that hive, quite a strange sight too, as a Gaion like him and changelings like them are natural Prey and Predator.

It took a while to gain each other's trust, but slowly they had reached a common point.

Nymphs of any age now wanted to crawl all over him, and the parents were trusting of him enough to let him nymphsit their clutch as they worked the hive.

Jason trusted them enough to know they wont rattle their hideout to the Evil Queen, and for them to not leech off Ponyville's love too much.

It was, once again, a work in progress.

Jason yawned as he laid near the entrance/exit of the hive, Head towards the way in/out. He had been noticing nothing but nymphs running in and out since the hive first started, so he felt confident that no one will invade today.

Besides, the rest of the forest was under his command, and the massive beasts fear him enough to not snack on anything with his mark on it: a mask of purple magical aura over their own.

Jason heaved another sigh as boredom soaked in his bones.

He wondered what his mother was doing.