• Published 18th Jul 2018
  • 2,935 Views, 31 Comments

A Prince and his Princess - Amethyst Sparkle



Twilight has had friends this whole time behind Celestia's back, only not with ponies. Follow her and her first friends' adventures as they face the hardships fate will throw at them, including a mysterious enemy and a ghostly grandfather of Twilight

  • ...
6
 31
 2,935

The Badlands Prince

In the midst of the wastelands, a barren-looking Castle of obsidian stood strong. Winds of scorching hot dust and small tornados of sand swirled around it's numerous rock spires, and black insect-like creatures patrolled the area day and night.

Inside, numerous of the different kinds of black creatures scuttled around, doing and fulfilling each order and task given by the Prince and Queen.

The Queen herself was larger than all others, the Prince slightly bigger than the largest soldier.

The Queen's quarters is also located at the heart and soul of the hive, making it the most vulnerable or the most safe room in the palace.

But in this hive, that is not the case.

For the Queen herself is the weapon that the room was keeping safe from her surroundings.

" My Queen, please Calm down!" A young stallion equivalent of the insect creatures said to his mother.

The Queen would not heed, as she cast spell after spell at a shining object on a pedestal.

" Come. On. Break! Shatter! Activate! DIE!" She cast one last massive spell on the amulet, which simply absorbed the spell and continued to sit prettily on the stand.

Horn smoking like her temper, The Queen growled and resorted to smashing the red amulet with a bare hoof.

It barely even moved.

" After all that..." She gasped out. " Nothing?!"

The Prince mistakenly judged his mother's temper and started to critique the piece of jewelry.

" It is the second most powerful artifact known to Ponydom, Mother. Nothing will be able to break it, other than a spell worth of it's caliber."

" I am worthy of it's Caliber!!!" The Queen snarled, shattering the stone under her hoof. The Prince flinched.

" Yet I cannot break it!!" She continued.

The Prince tore his frightened eyes away from his seething mother and focused instead on the object of frustration.

Such a little thing, an alicorn shaped ruby encrusted on a gold amulet.

Stolen during the Raid of AM in the archives, near that magical vault.

They were never able to measure it's power, which resulted to his Queen's current test of strength.

" Perhaps..." The Queen stated quite calmly, a sudden moodshift that drove the Prince's attention back to her.

" Perhaps it would be best, if i hold on Project Ruby for now."

The amulet floated in the air as it was encased in a green, poisonous glow, and vanished in a pop.

" We will never be able to divide our time with what's to come." She snarled.

The Prince grimaced inside at the mention of the other plan.

The Queen started to calm herself, before looking at her heir.

" You do recall Plan Alpha, do you?"

The voice was sickly sweet, yet cold and sent shivers up the prince's spine.

" O-Of course mother." Prince stammered, mustering his courage and composure.

" Good. Then you know in a few days you should be in position."

" Yes mother."

A long, somber silence.

" Recite thy plan." The Queen ordered in a steely voice.

On instinct and the Queen's voice telling him to, the Prince recited the plan in hisses, clicks and buzzing sounds.

The Queen looked satisfied.

" Verrrrryyyy Good, Prince Metamorphosis. Now carry on, my son. Leave the rest to me, and just focus on fulfilling your part. Because if you fail...."

She let the threat hang in the air.

Metamorphosis bowed low. " Y-Yes of course, dear mother. See you then."

-------

As Metamorphosis trudged the tunnel out of the Palace, he pondered on what the heck to do. He never wanted this plan to work, but he had to act, to keep all those allies he had in the hive safe for the time being.

He passed a couple secret ally guards, who greeted him in their secret gesture; a hoof on the right chest before bowing.

He returned the gesture, and was met by two pairs of solid blue eyes.

" Unsa may plano nimo para aning plano sa Reyna?! " (What's your plan for the Queen's plan?!) One guard said in a low Gaion language.

" Wala pa ko kabalo, pangutan-on pa nako si Magi. " ( I do not know yet, i still need to ask Magi.) Metamorphosis replied.

The other guard nodded. " Sigi. Maghulat rami sa imong signal sa aming mga singsing. " ( Okay. We await your signal in our rings.)

Ah, the communicator rings. Little bands of metal that connected his allies by the horn, made by Magi and BattleScar. Only used in an emergency, which will connect the user's mind to the one they wanted to contact, as long as that pony had his ring on. It was also almost undetectable, masked off the Queen's hivemind and from the other lings.

Metamorphosis nodded in return.

" Tama. Huwata akong signal, unya kamo na'y bahala unsaon ninyo pagtakas gikan diri. " ( Right. Wait for my signal, then it's up to you to figure out how to escape this place.)

They saluted, and Metamorphosis went on his way.

The changelings in the hidden hive were all their exile allies, exiled because of being weak. Metamorphosis wanted to see the look on his mother's face once she saw the Exiles in the battlefield.

On another hoof, despite the confidence that his allies will side him if the need be, he still couldn't set his mind straight. He couldn't find or think of a way to stop this plan without clearly sabotaging it. He needed to stay incognito.

Metamorphosis' hoof slowly reached out to his crooked horn. He could clearly feel the ring.

Hmm.... one swift thought....

He lowered his hoof. No, he couldn't contact Magi in a mindreader's hive. He needed to be there personally. But his time to come back from 'vacation' have yet to come....

He blinked then smiled.

Early returns were a thing these days, though.