• Published 18th Jul 2018
  • 2,944 Views, 31 Comments

A Prince and his Princess - Amethyst Sparkle



Twilight has had friends this whole time behind Celestia's back, only not with ponies. Follow her and her first friends' adventures as they face the hardships fate will throw at them, including a mysterious enemy and a ghostly grandfather of Twilight

  • ...
6
 31
 2,944

Reunion

Twilight looked at the forest around her, wondering how much of it has changed since Jason took authority.

Ever since her 'son' had moved in, the creatures were more nicer. Or at least they didn't bite your head off on sight.

They had pointed her to the right direction in and out of the forest, helped her get across ravines, and one time a hydra even let her ride it's head to cross the Ghastly Gorge.

But then she was told that ponies who didn't have Jason's scent were treated like before he moved in, but luckily no one but her, Pinkie, Fluttershy and Zecora ever set hoof in the forest that she knew of.

Anyway, it was the middle of the night and she was going in to check on the hive, to see how the builders were doing. They had insisted on turning the slowly emptying volcano like their old home, but more homey than sinister, so she was more than happy to help.

It took daily teleportation of the magma to the middle of the ocean to make it livable, but at least Twilight can sleep soundly that no nymphs will go rolling off a cliff straight to lava.

Twilight continued her trek, Some monsters peeking out as they smelled a lot of Jason on her.

She was his mother after all.

Twilight stopped though, and the monster heads shrunk back to their hiding place. It was a fairly good trick if she does say so herself.

The purple mare turned, and almost screamed in shock.

Two solid green eyes looked back at her from a bush.

Calming herself, she tilted her head. The head inside the bush did so as well. Twilight smiled. She then placed her hoof on her right chest, and the nymph in the bush ran out to her and squealed.

" Queen -methyst!" The little one gurgled.

Twilight laughed, despite still not knowing why they started calling her that.

" Hello little one. Wait, oh! That's you isn't it, Nyx?"

Nyx the nymph grinned a fanged little smile, and rushed to lay under Twilight's long mane.

Funny how both Spike, Jason and then the nymphs loved that spot.

" What were you doing out here, Nyx?" Twilight asked as she looked at the nymph on her back. Nyx smiled wider.

" Smelled Queen from mile away. Also, wanted to see Queen's eyes!"

To a normal pony, that would have been weird, but to Twilight, it was normal. She grinned herself, and looked at Nyx straight in the eyes. Twilight's pupils started to replace the black within with a swirling galaxy, and the pupils themselves turned into a cresent moon and a star.

Nyx laughed. " Pretty!!!!"

" Indeed it is."

Twilight turned at the sound of the new voice, and blushed red.

A tall, almost buff male changeling emerged from the bushes on the path to the hive. His wild green hair flitted in the breeze. His eyes twinkled with emerald mischief. And he was blushing green too.

" King -merald!!!" Nyx greeted.

" Hello Nyx. Hello Magi." He said in his cheerful/serious voice. Twilight smirked, noticing that both of their blushes didn't disappear.

" Salutations, Striker. I didn't know we were supposed to have a meeting. Should i call the rest of the Unity Squad?"

Metamorphosis chuckled. " Aw, come on Twi. I was trying to be suave."


" What? For me?" She teased. Metamorphosis' blush got bigger, but he took it in stride.

" Maaaayyyybe. Anyway," He looked at Nyx.

"Nyx? Could you tell the other's we're coming over? We'll follow. We just need something to discuss." He said gently. The young nymph nodded and flew out of Twilight's mane, bowing to both before buzzing away.

Now that they were alone, Twilight looked at Metamorphosis seriously.

" Okay, what's wrong, Morphy?" She asked as they hugged properly. Metamorphosis sighed as they pulled away.

" I... It's hard to explain my situation right now."

" Would a memory copy work?"

"...hmm... Never thought of that. This is why you're the brains leader, Twilight." He said as he lit up his horn. Twilight giggled, but as his horn touched hers and the memories filed in, she frowned.

Her weird eyes flared for a bit.

" So... Your mother's got this plan that you have to play along to.... and you don't know what to do since you don't know the plan exactly except that you were supposed to come back in Canterlot, befriend me, then work your way so that the Princess trusts you more."

Metamorphosis nodded gravely. " That's the gist of it yes."

Twilight thought a moment, her eyes scanning Metamorphosis. He felt a little self-conscious at her magical stare.

" Well, we need more planning, but would it be okay if.."

She touched her horn with his so suddenly, noses an inch away.

Metamorphosis' blush flared again, but he analyzed the plan sent to his brain.

He managed a smile.

" Hey, that could work!" He said. Twilight smiled too.

" Great! Now we just need to go to Jason and the changelings of the Everfree and tell them what to do."

" Sounds like a plan, Magi." Metamorphosis grinned as he held out his hoof with a blush.

Twilight's blush came back too, but she took it and smiled back.

" Lead on, Striker."