• Published 14th Jul 2018
  • 2,109 Views, 43 Comments

Spiral Swirl's Encounter - Juke Denton



After waking up in the middle of a forest, Spiral Swirl finds herself in a new land and comes across human children.

  • ...
15
 43
 2,109

Chapter 7

When they had finished eating dinner, Maddie, Joey, and Spiral cleared the table, washed the dishes, and put away leftover pizza that didn’t get eaten in the refrigerator.

With everything in the dining room and kitchen picked up and cleaned, the children and their unicorn friend went to the living room to discuss what to do for the evening.

“So, since we have the house to ourselves for the evening, what do you two want to do?” Asked Spiral while saying in her head, ‘No wait, let me guess. They want another hypnosis session.”

“If it’s not too much to ask, could we play around with more of your hypnosis?” Joey asked with Maddie adding, “Yeah! Yeah! Another round of hypnosis!”

‘Called it.’ The unicorn said in her mind as she smiled and responded with, “You both really love my hypnotic sessions don’t you?” The kids nodded their heads happily and got into their comfortable sitting positions on the rug; waiting in anticipation for their companion (and temporary babysitter) to begin the induction. ‘They both seem eager to have themselves willingly be hypnotized twice in one day.’ “Alright. Alright. I’ll get my pocket watch, then we can start.”

Spiral went through her bag until she found her trinket and used her magic to hold it in front of the children’s eyes. Instead of swinging it though, she asked the brother and sister, “Since you two tried out the slow induction earlier today, would you care to be put under a trance with the faster method?”

“Sure!” The youngest sibling said enthusiastically with the older one saying, “Alright, just tell us what to do, like you always do.”

Spiral kept dangling the watch before the children and said, “Okay then, just look at the watch and tell me what time it is.”

“Umm…it says 6:00.” The little girl said with the brother wondering what this had to do with anything.

“Tee hehehe so close.” The mare giggled playfully. “But actually…it’s Trance Time.”

With that, the two kids were sent right back into the hypnotic unicorn’s control to be commanded whatever the doctor ordered.

As Spiral put her watch away and paced back and forth in the room, she was having a hard time deciding what to make the spellbound Maddie and Joey do under her hypnosis. Then the mare had an idea she wanted to try out for the fun of it.

“Maddie. Joey. Listen very carefully to what I’m about to tell you. I want you to picture a box in your minds and imagine that whatever memories are put in that container, you can’t remember them. Now I want you two to place all the memories of me and all the times I’ve been with you two out of a trance, into that box. Once all those memories are placed, shut the box and store it away in your mind.”

Spiral gave a minute for the command to sink in before asking, “Have you completed the task?”

“Yes, mistress.” Answered back the monotone children.

“Good. Now then, the next time you hear me say, ‘Opening Time’ when out of a trance, you will feel all the memories that you put in the box flow back into your head. Understand?”

“Yes, mistress.” The kids saying the usual response.

“Then when you hear the backdoor close, both of you will both be awakened from your trances and think that you two are waiting for a babysitter your parents hired to look after you for the evening. But, you will forget about being hypnotized and still have my commands in your minds.”

Spiral then used her magic to put her saddlebags on her back and went to the backdoor, opened it up, trotted to the outside evening air, and slammed the door.

‘This is going to be fun to play out.’ The unicorn said giggling to herself and waited a few moments before knocking on the backdoor.

A few seconds passed until Joey answered the door and the moment he saw the pony in front of him, he had the most shocked look on his face (just as much as he did from the very first time he saw the unicorn). The mare just simply smiled back at the boy and asked, “Good evening, are you Joey?”

The oldest child only felt more taken back at the fact there was a talking unicorn that somehow knew his name and could only barely answer back with, “Y-y-y-yes…b-b-bu-but ho-how do you know-”

Spiral interrupted what Joey was trying to ask by saying, “Well, let’s just say we know each other more than you think. Also, your parents arranged for me to babysit you and your sister tonight. Could I come in please?”

Using her magic, Spiral opened up the door wide enough to let herself in. Feeling even more awestruck, the nearly speechless Joey could only stare wide-eyed at what he was witnessing and letting out a nearly silent, “Ahhhhhhhhhhhh…”

Chuckling at the eldest sibling’s reaction she helped close the door with her magic and made her way to the living room to “meet” the younger sibling.

Maddie was sitting quietly, waiting for her brother to return when she caught sight of a unicorn, whom she never saw in her life, standing at the entrance to the room. She immediately got up, went toward the teal pony and nervously brought one of her hands towards the creature’s fur.

Spiral felt the little girl’s hand on her back and said in a friendly voice, “Yes, I’m real and you must be Maddie. It’s a pleasure to meet you.”

The youngest sibling was stunned as to how the pony was both talking to her and knowing her what her name was. But unlike Joey, who was left nearly speechless, Maddie was only more overjoyed and said out loud, “This is WONDERFUL!!! I can’t believe that there’s an actual talking unicorn who knows my name!” She then hugged Spiral a bit too tightly for the mare’s comfort.

‘Aaauuugh…I forgot how tight her hugs can be.’ Spiral thought to herself until the brother arrived in the room to rescue the mare from being squeezed to death. Gasping for a couple breaths, the unicorn thanked Joey for saving her from Maddie’s intense hugs (even though she knew it was just out of enthusiasm) and politely asked the two to sit down on the rug. The siblings sat on the floor and gave the unicorn their full, undivided attention.

“Well…now that we’re settled down, allow me to introduce myself. I am Dr. Spiral Swirl and I will be your babysitter for the evening!”

“Umm…forgive me if this sounds rude Miss Swirl, but how did you convince our parents to let a magical, talking unicorn like yourself to babysit us? I don’t want to sound impolite, I’m just wondering is all.”

“It’s okay, I’m not offended at all Joey.” The mare said with a genuine smile. “To answer your question though, I actually met them yesterday. They were nice people and easy to get along with. It was actually your mother who told me that she needed someone to look after you two while they went to a dinner meeting tonight. She thought I was trustworthy enough and well…here I am!”

“Okay then.” Joey said feeling a little bit of closure but still having a hard time believing that his babysitter was a mythological creature he only heard of from stories. Before anyone else said anything, another question went through the boy’s head and asked the unicorn, “Forgive me again if this sounds disrespectful, but what kind of name is Spiral Swirl? I’ve never heard anyone have that kind of name before.” The oldest sibling asked trying to sound as respectful as possible.

“There’s no need for apologies. As for my name, it’s just a name my mother thought would fit me best and I think it has quite a nice ring; especially with my special talent.” The doctor said proudly.

“And what is your special talent?” The boy asked quizzically.

The teal pony used her magic to open her saddlebag, lift her pocket watch out, held it in front of the children and answered the curious Joey with, “Hypnotism.”

Both siblings went wide eyed at the pocket watch held before them and from hearing what their babysitter’s special talent was.

“Oh! Oh! Oh! Could we try it out? Please? Please?” The little Maddie asked excitingly while giving Spiral the cutest eyes she could muster.

Joey was equally eager to try out the unicorn’s method of hypnosis and said, “Would it be alright if you did a small sample of your hypnotic method on us? You don’t have to have us under for long.”

“Well…” Spiral began as she closed her eyes while merely teasing the two children; knowing full well they’d do anything to experience her power.

“Please? Just this once?” Joey resorting to begging like his sister was just a couple seconds ago.

After “thinking it over”, the unicorn opened her eyes and said, “…all right. I’ll do it. But first, get yourselves comfortable.”

Complying with their babysitter’s request, Maddie and Joey rearranged their sitting positions to suit their more desirable comfort. The boy then spoke up with, “Okay we’re ready! What’s next?”

“What’s next is that you simply watch the watch…” Spiral answered back as she brought her golden, pocket watch closer to the children and began to swing it back and forth with her hypnotic, rhythmic patterns. The eyes of the two siblings were even more drawn to the watch as they just simply sat and listened to what their babysitter told them.

“Watch the watch…watch it swing back and forth…back and forth. Let your eyes follow the movement of the shiny, gold, pocket watch.”

The watch kept enticing Maddie and Joey in a more mesmerizing state as their ears were open to everything their babysitter said.

“That’s it. Just keep watching the watch. Let everything else fade as the watch becomes the sole focus of your attention and as it does you begin to feel yourselves starting to relax.”

As their eyes became magnetized to the unicorn’s watch, the children started to feel the drowsy effects kicking in from the suggestion. Nevertheless, the siblings used all their energy to keep their focus on the swinging object until told otherwise.

“Both of you are doing well. Focusing only on the watch and listening to my voice. Your eyes are glued to the watch, as you relax more and more for me.”

Maddie and Joey’s eyelids began to slowly droop as their posture began to slump slightly from the relaxation the two of them were feeling. But, the two still managed to not break eye contact even once with the entrancing watch. The doctor was amused with their determination to keep their attention on her trinket.

“Relax…relax…relax…feel relaxation as it begins to encompass your body and your mind. Relax for me Maddie and Joey. Let a wave of total relaxation flow across your bodies.”

The siblings’ minds by this point had packed their bags for vacation time and were only becoming more and more sleepy from the suggestions they were absorbing from Spiral’s voice.

“I know how much you two are enjoying this session. You love this feeling of relaxation. You love watching my watch. You’re so relaxed now. You’re starting to feel sleepy. And the constant swinging motion of my watch is making your eyes feel even heavier. But now, when I count down from ten to one, both of you will close your tired eyes fall into a hypnotized state for me. 10…Letting my words guide you into a hypnotic trance. 9…Feeling more relaxed. 8…So peaceful and tired. 7…Your mind is calm and relaxed. 6…Your eyes growing heavier and heavier. 5…Becoming more hypnotized by the second. 4…You're nearly there. So close. 3…You want to sleep for me as your eyelids feel like they’re made of lead. 2…Almost there and ready to be hypnotized. 1…Feel the power of hypnosis wash over you as you close your eyes and sleeeeeeeeep…”

Maddie and Joey went out like a light bulb when Spiral finished the countdown as the two fell face first to the rug and slept soundly next to each other. The mare smiled to herself for another hypnotic induction well done while looking over the two kids. ‘You know, maybe I’ll let them rest for a while before I wake them.’

The unicorn activated her magic by rearranging the boy and girl so they were laying on their backs and bringing blankets from one of the couches and laying it on top of the two spellbound siblings. The sight of the two of them warmed the pony’s heart as she thought, ‘Aww…they look so adorable sleeping like that. I would certainly hate to disturb their little rest. But first things first…’

“Maddie. Joey. When you two wake up from your hypnotized state of mind, you will both feel refreshed, energized and happy from the time you spent under. Understand?”

“Yes, mistress.” The boy and girl said with monotone obedience.

“Now I want both of you to enter the most peaceful and relaxing sleep you’ve ever had and only when I tell you to wake up, you’ll both break free of your trances. So relax…and sleep.”

As soon as the command left her lips, Maddie and Joey drifted off into slumber, with only the sound of their mistress’ voice to wake them.

While the kids were resting, Spiral decided to go outside and do some bird watching. She quietly went out the backdoor (while making sure it would stay unlocked) and went to the entrance of the forest to see what type of birds would fly through. As she was gazing, a flock of nine strange looking geese caught her eye as they flew together in a V shaped formation and landed in the open field right near the forest. Growing curious, she went to get a closer look at what type of geese they were and took note of their physical exterior with having black fur covering their heads and necks with white cheeks, white under their chins, and having mostly brown body plumages.

Not wanting to have this go unchecked, Spiral got out her notebook with her pen and started to draw out as best she could the design of the geese so she could ask the family later on what they were. When she was done drawing, the mare put her notebook and pen back in her bags and went closer to where the flock of geese landed. But when the unicorn got too close, some of the geese started to hiss at her and opened up their wings up wide. Fear started to grab ahold of Spiral as she galloped back to the house as quick as she could with an angry swarm of geese right on her tail. When she got to the backdoor, the unicorn quickly activated her magic to open the door wide and then slammed it shut with the flock flying away in a different direction.

Spiral was gasping loudly at the close encounter and for the first time since her arrival to this unknown place, felt legitimately scared and afraid. After taking in a couple deep breaths, the mare eventually calmed herself down and went back to the room where Maddie and Joey were still in their hypnotic slumber. The teal pony went up to one of the couches, laid herself down, and looked over at the children covered in blankets.

‘I don’t know what I would’ve done if I hadn’t met Maddie and Joey. Would I even have survived one day in this world on my own? All I know is that those two have been a saving grace since my encounter with them at the pond and they deserve the best. In the meantime, I’ll let them rest for a little longer.’

Ten minutes later, Spiral jumped down from her couch, went over to Maddie and Joey and said in a sweet sing song voice, “Maddiiiiiieeee. Joeeeeeyyyyy. It’s time to wake uuuuuuuuup.”

At hearing their mistress’ voice speak, the two siblings woke up from their hypnotized states while yawning and stretching. The first thing Maddie and Joey noticed after sitting up straight were the blankets covering them followed by the sight of Spiral sitting on her haunches in front of them.

The unicorn spoke up first and asked both children, “So how did you two enjoy the hypnosis session? Was as enjoyable and fascinating as the other times?”

“It felt absolutely wonderful!” The little Maddie stated with joy as she shook off the blankets and hugged the pony hard with Joey having to step in to Spiral’s rescue once again.

When he had his sister under control, the brother answered with, “I certainly loved it for sure with how relaxing and captivating it was to stare at your watch and…hold on. What do you mean with ‘other times’?”

Giggling to herself for a second, Spiral responded to the boy’s own question with, “Well, what if I told you that tonight isn’t the first time we’ve met and that this isn’t the first time I’ve hypnotized you both?”

Joey raised an eyebrow in confusion and said, “That can’t be though. Maddie and I have only met you from tonight as far as we remember.”

“Yes. As far as BOTH OF YOU remember. But now, it’s Opening Time.” Spiral replied while saying in her head, ‘I can’t wait to see their reactions.’

The children felt a fuzzy feeling in their heads as trapped memories started to emerge from the spoken trigger and had a look of surprise as they stared for a good long while at the unicorn while processing everything that just happened. Joey spoke up first and said, “Woah! I feel like I just woke up half my brain.”

Spiral said to the siblings, “If you’re wanting to know why that is, let’s just say I wanted to try something a bit different with you two tonight.” She then went on and explained how she made the two of them forget her for only a short period of time and relive the first encounter of meeting her. When she told the children everything, Spiral asked, “So what did the two of you think of the session?”

“I thought it was fun!” Maddie said with her typical joyous attitude.

“Well…” Joey began as he felt split down the line about the recent hypnotic session. “I’ll admit, it was pretty neat meeting you and trying out your hypnosis for the first time all over again, though it was unsettling with making us forgetting who you were. I mean why makes us forget you? I know it was only for a short while, but how would you feel if someone made you forget stuff that was important to you?”

Spiral understood Joey’s reason completely and immediately felt guilty about what she did.

She then said, “I’m sorry if putting you through that made you uneasy. I just assumed that you two were okay with anything I did while under my spell.”

“Like I said before, I don’t mind what you do to us when we’re in a trance.” The eldest sibling said. “But can you promise me not to make me forget you again?”

“I guess I should’ve asked beforehoof.” The mare replied. She then went and sat in front of Joey, looked in his eyes and told him, “If forgetting about me for a short while makes you feel uncomfortable, then I promise not to do that again in any future hypnosis sessions.”

Joey then embraced his pony companion and replied to the unicorn with a, “Thanks Spiral…thanks for being a good friend.” This only warmed the pony’s heart up as she returned the hug with Maddie joining in as well.

A few moments of silence later, the three broke the hug as Spiral smiled at the children and asked, “So what do you two want to do now? There’s still plenty left to do before bedtime.”

“I know, let’s watch a movie!” Suggested Maddie.

Spiral had been curious about the human style of cinema and replied by saying, “That sounds like a great idea. Although, I don’t know anything about movies made by humans so what do you recommend?”

“Oh! I know!” Maddie said as she went to a shelf that stored blue, plastic cases and pulled one out for the mare to see.

“The Wizard of Oz? Seriously Maddie?!?” Joey asked while groaning in frustration. The unicorn took notice of the oldest sibling’s behavior and asked, “What’s the matter Joey? You don’t like this movie?”

“It’s not that. It’s a good movie for sure, but the amount of times I’ve seen it makes me feel sick of watching it.”

Spiral then got a creative idea and said to the boy, “I have an idea, if you’re willing to try it out Joey.”

“I’m listening.” The boy said giving the equestrian his full attention.

“What if I hypnotized you to make you briefly forget the contents of the movie so that way, it would seem as if you were watching it for the first time?”

“Hmm…I’m not sure.” The eldest sibling replied having a tough time deciding. “We just did this type of session and you know how I felt about it.”

“Well think of this as a way to make up for the previous session. I did promise never to use my hypnosis methods to make you forget me again, didn’t I? So what do you say?”

“Well it does sound tempting. But still…”

It was clear that Joey needed a push to come to a decision so Spiral sweetened the deal for him.

“Well how about this? We watch the movie Maddie picked tonight and the next time we decide what to watch, you get to choose. What do you say?”

Looking back and forth between his sister and the unicorn babysitter, Joey came to a conclusion with, “Well…I suppose I can put up with another round of not being in Kansas anymore. Plus it would be interesting to see how it feels to watch The Wizard of Oz for the first time all over again. So yes, I’ll watch the movie with you two. BUT…I’m holding you to your end of the deal.”

Spiral didn’t understand what he meant by “not being in Kansas anymore”, but brushed it off and said, “Good. Now then, let me get my watch and we can start the induction.”

After retrieving her watch with her magic, Spiral held the watch in front of Joey’s eyes and was about to start until she noticed Maddie sitting next to her brother with her eyes regarding the dangling watch as well.

“Oh, Maddie! You wanted to jump on board the hypnotized bandwagon as well?”

“Yes, please!” The girl said with willing anticipation. “But I still want to remember the movie and not forget it. Would that be alright?”

“Sure, sure. I’ll just mostly focus on your brother during his time under hypnosis while you can enjoy a nice, little nap.” The unicorn then readjusted the watch so it hung in front of the eyes of both children. “Now did you two want to be entranced slowly or quickly?”

“Could we maybe have it somewhere in between?” The brother stated. “I enjoy the slow method, but the movie is about 100 minutes long and the sooner we start, the better.”

“Same here.” Maddie added.

“Very well, then. Now if you two are ready, just gaze at the pocket watch.” Spiral said as she started swinging her pocket watch in her traditional spellbinding measure. “Simply gaze at the pocket watch and let yourselves become drawn in as your minds grow cloudy and tired.”

As per usual, the siblings never once took their eyes off the golden pocket watch, sat comfortably and listened to the doctor’s voice.

“I know how much you both enjoy watching the watch swing from side to side. Just keep your focus on the watch’s rhythm and as you do, your eyes will start to feel heavy as you become more and more tired.”

Maddie and Joey’s eyes indeed started to falter with the amount of lethargy in their system, but kept their focus on the swaying trinket.

“Yes, you both love how much the pocket watch pulls you in with its alluring charm, but now when I count back from five, you two will sleep and fall under my hypnotic spell, ready to obey me. 5……4……3……2……1……and…sleep!”

With the countdown complete, the eyelids from the kids shut tight as the two entered Spiral’s trance again and were waiting to hear her voice for further instructions. The mare then said to the children, “Now both of you sit up straight and open up your eyes, but stay in your trances.”

Complying with the unicorn’s order, Maddie and Joey sat on their rears and displayed their hypnotized eyes to the pony as they sat tight for the next command. The mare focused on the younger sibling first.

“Maddie, lay down on the carpet and let yourself fall into a nice slumber and when I tell you to wake up, you’ll break free from the trance feeling great and ready to start your movie. Understand?”

“Yes, mistress.” The little entranced Maddie said in a low tone as she laid her back on the soft carpet and dozed off to sleep, leaving Spiral to weave her suggestions on the boy.

“Now Joey, do you remember that box from earlier on that stored up and locked away memories?”

“Yes, mistress.” Replied the acquiescent boy.

“I want you to put all of the memories you have about the movie: The Wizard of Oz in that same box, close it up, and push that box into the back of your mind.”

After giving the oldest child a minute to perform the command, Spiral continued with the next set of instructions.

“Now, the next time you hear me say ‘movie’s over’, you’ll regain all the memories you put into that box. Understand?”

“Yes, mistress.”

“Good. Now then, I’m going to count to three and when I do, you’ll wake up from your trance but not remember what happened when you were under or what movie your sister recommended wanting to watch, only that you and your sister wanted me to hypnotize you both and enjoyed how good it felt being under my spell. But the orders I issued to you will remain in effect. Understand?”

“Yes, mistress.” The drone-tone Joey answered back as he could only sit by and wait for his unicorn mistress to start counting.

“1…2…3…Awaken!”

The spinning spirals left the boy’s eyes as his mind returned to reality with Spiral greeting him with, “So Joey, did you enjoy the short session?”

“Sure did!” Joey said as he quickly stretched himself. Before he said anything else though, he saw his sister snoozing out of the corner of his eye and said to Spiral, “Looks like Maddie is still hypnotized. Better wake her up.”

“Right.” Spiral replied and said to the sleeping girl, “Maddie, it’s time to wake up!”

The youngest child yawned as she gently came to and rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. When she was fully awake, Maddie looked at her unicorn companion and said to her, “That was a great nap! Thanks Spiral!”

“You’re very welcome!” Spiral said warmly. “Now that you’re both awake, shall we get settled in and watch that movie Maddie?”

“Oh, yes!” The giddy little girl responded enthusiastically as she picked up the movie case. “I can’t wait to show you The Wizard of Oz!”

“The Wizard of Oz?” The brother asked looking at his sister then the case cover. “Is that a new movie we got recently? Doesn’t exactly sound like one I’d enjoy that much.”

Knowing what Spiral did to her brother, Maddie said nothing, except let out a small giggle that escaped her lips. When the brother was about to ask why she was laughing, Spiral interrupted his train of thought and said, “Well I don’t know about you Joey, but I’m interested to see what this movie is like. Aren’t you the least bit curious to see what it’s about? Who knows, you might like it.”

Joey did have to admit that Spiral had a good point and at times he did find himself enjoying movies that he thought on the surface sounded terrible to him. With that in mind he said, “Well then, what are we waiting for? Why don’t you go ahead and get it started for us Maddie.”

The youngest sibling went over to the television set, put in the movie, and the three settled themselves for the feature presentation.

Author's Note:

August 22nd Update: I decided to add more to this chapter after reading grey_shadow's comment about an opportunity that Spiral could've used and I just couldn't pass up that creative idea. Thanks for your input grey_shadow!