• Published 14th Jul 2018
  • 2,109 Views, 43 Comments

Spiral Swirl's Encounter - Juke Denton



After waking up in the middle of a forest, Spiral Swirl finds herself in a new land and comes across human children.

  • ...
15
 43
 2,109

Chapter 2

As the three were making their way to Maddie and Joey's home, the oldest sibling decided to strike up a conversation with their new acquaintance.

"So, where are you from?"

The unicorn looked up at the boy before answering his question.

"I'm from the land of Equestria. It's populated by mostly ponies consisting of earth, pegasi, and of course unicorns; with alicorns as acting rulers. But there are also other species like changelings, yaks, griffons, and dragons."

"There are dragons where you're from?!?" Joey asked surprisingly. "No way, that's awesome!"

"How did you end up here though?" The sister asked curiously.

"I honestly don't know..." Spiral said while scratching her head. "One moment I was locking up my office for the night. Next thing I know, I woke up in the middle of these woods."

“Well, we’ll help you get home, whatever it takes. Even if our parents don't approve of you, you'll still be our friend.” The oldest sibling said looking back at the unicorn. The pony's heart felt slightly tinged at what Joey said. 'They think of me like a good friend? Maybe they’re more than just ponies...or rather ones to enslave.' Lots of thoughts were going through Spiral's head as she was battling out what she wanted most. 'No! No! No! I'm not going to let them soften me up. Not for what I've got planned. Besides, it’s fun to have some hypnotic playthings at my disposal.'

It wasn't long until they reached the end of the woods where Spiral saw a house overlooking the forest. The house itself was a two story home on the outside with a tire swing and tree house close by. The children raced each other up the hill for bragging rights with their pony friend catching up to them.

When the three of them reached the back door to the house, the siblings were about to enter until the unicorn used her magic to pull them back and asked, "Not to be rude, but how are we going to go about introducing me to your parents?"

"You know, I haven't really thought of that." Said Joey as he brought a hand to his chin while thinking it over.

"What if the two of you went in first to tell them about me and then I trot in and introduce myself to them?" Suggested Spiral.

"That's a great idea!" Maddie replied in her usual overly happy tone.

"That could work." The older brother nodded in agreement. "We'll bring Mom and Dad to the living room and when we say to come in, that's when you can introduce yourself to them. Maybe even demonstrate your hypnotic power on them when I tell you to."

"Sounds like a plan then!" The pony said eagerly. The two kids nodded their heads and went inside with the unicorn waiting patiently outside.

"Mom? Dad? We're home!" Joey said aloud as he took the towels down to the laundry room.

"Maddie! Joey!" Their mother said, coming to give them a hug and kiss on the cheek. "How was your time at the pond?"

"It was fun as always." Replied the older sibling. "Though, we actually made a new friend while we were there today."

"Oh?" The mother said in a questioning tone. "And who might this 'new friend' of yours be?"

"She's amazing!" Maddie exclaimed. "She's actually a..." Joey immediately put his hand on his younger sister's mouth so she didn't give anything away just yet.

"What Maddie means to say is, is that if you and Dad sat in the living room, we could introduce the two of you to her."

"Alright...I'll play along." The mother sighed, thinking this was another one of Maddie and Joey imaginary games they played often.

After the mother and father got comfortable on one of the couches in the living room, Joey asked both of them, "Are you ready to meet our new friend?"

"Yes, we're ready." The father said, in a tone that meant to sound interesting.

The boy then went to the back door, where Spiral Swirl was waiting patiently, opened the door, and told her, "You can come in now." She followed Joey through the hallway until he stopped at the entrance to the living room and said to his parents, "Mom. Dad. May I introduce to you, our new friend!" As he stepped out of the way and pointed his arms at the empty space.

The teal-colored unicorn slowly trotted in the living room, with the parents immediately growing wide-eyed at what was in their sight. The mare went up to them with a friendly smile and said, "Hi! You must be Joey and Maddie's parents! I'm Dr. Spiral Swirl and it's very nice to meet you!"

The children's parents could only stare at the pony with dumbfounded expressions as each one was trying to process how there was a living, breathing, and talking unicorn in their living room.

"Uhh...dear?" The father asked his wife while never taking his eyes of the mare. "Tell me I'm not the only one who sees a talking horse in our house."

"Technically I'm a pony." Spiral said correcting the father. "But yes, I am very real and it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." She said as she held her right hoof up.

The kids' father hesitantly shook Spiral's hoof (as did the mother) as Maddie went to hug the unicorn lovingly.

"So...h-how did you meet our children?" The mother asked as she tried to gather her bearings.

"We met at the swimming pond in the woods. At first I was hesitant about showing myself to them, since I've never encountered humans before. But after I opened up to them, they were friendly and accepting of me." Spiral explained as she lifted a hoof to rub against Maddie; still hugging her.

"And talking isn't the only thing she can do. She also has magical abilities! Show them." Joey said eagerly.

Spiral nodded to the boy as she nudged Maddie off of her. Her horn then emitted a navy blue aura as she opened up one the sides of her saddlebag and floated in front of her, her gold pocket watch. The parents were stunned at what they were witnessing. They're hearts were racing like no tomorrow at the sight of the scientific impossibilities this one unicorn was achieving.

"That's not even the best part." The oldest sibling added as he looked down at Spiral and winked at her.

As he winked to the mare, Spiral already knew what Joey meant and had her pocket watch dangling in front of the parents' eyes.

"Shh…let your eyes watch the watch,” Dr. Spiral Swirl said, as she began swinging the watch back and forth, “Watch it and relax. Relax and just focus your attention on my watch.”

Between being caught off caught earlier from the pony’s ability to speak, to the magical talent that they had just witnessed, the parents had no time to react as the swinging pocket watch fixed their gaze. This only made Spiral’s hypnotic induction all the more easier.

“Let the relaxation flow through your whole body. From your head to your feet. Let your muscles grow limp and relaxed. Relax even further for me. You are beginning to feel sleepy. So very sleepy. So sleepy your eyelids are growing heavy. So heavy that by the time I count backwards from five to zero you will be unable to hold them open any longer. 5...Still focusing all your attention on the watch. 4...Forgetting about all the stresses and worries in your life. 3...Eyelids so heavy. They feel like they are made of lead. 2...So very sleepy. 1...Eyelids barely open so insanely sleepy. All you want to do is fall into a deep sleep. And finally...0. Now sleep for me.”

At Spiral's count of zero, Maddie and Joey's Mom and Dad's eyes blinked shut as they fell asleep. The two children who had watched from behind went up to the sleeping forms of their parents and were amazed. "So that's what it was like when you put us under." The inquisitive Joey noted as he and Maddie poked their mother and father to see if they'd respond. Their reaction was a slight twitch from the poke, but kept sleeping on the couch, ready to be given orders.

“I must admit it is quite amusing to see that happen to someone else after having experienced it myself just a short while ago.” Joey said looking at the mare as she put her pocket watch back in her bag.

“I can imagine. Oh, and children?” Spiral said, as a sly smile appeared on her face.

"Yes?" They both asked.

"It's Trance Time."

Maddie and Joey let out a gasp as their eyes turned back into black and white spirals.

“Are you two ready to serve me again?”

"Yes, mistress." Joey and Maddie answered in an obedient state of thinking.

"Then sit down in those chairs and sleep until I call your names." The unicorn said as she pointed a hoof to where two chairs lay. The two kids complied with the pony's command, sat in the chairs, and dozed off, while the mare focused her attention on their parents.

"Can the two of you hear me?"

"Yes." The husband and wife said in a quiet voice. The unicorn smirked before continuing on.

"You both are deeply hypnotized. I am the hypnotist and the hypnotized subject always obeys the hypnotist. And since the two of you must obey me that makes both of you my hypnotized slaves. Do you understand?”

"Yes, I am your hypnotized slave,” The father replied blankly.

"Always…obey...the hypnotist,” the mother repeated as her voice became more and more of a mumble.

"Very good. And please, call me mistress. It makes me feel happy when you refer to me as that while in a trance. And you want to make mistress as happy as possible, don't you?" Spiral asked, messing with their minds.

"Yes, mistress." Said the two entranced parents.

"Excellent. Now then, both of you open your eyes, but remain deeply hypnotized."

Maddie and Joey's Mom and Dad's eyes blinked open, revealing they too had turned into black and white spirals. Spiral took in the sight of her work as she initiated more commands.

"Now then, both of you listen up! Whenever you are not in a trance and you hear me say or write the words ‘Trance Time’ you will fall back into this deep, obedient hypnotized state. Do you understand?”

"I understand mistress." The mother said absorbing the information.

"Yes, mistress." The father responded with the command embedding itself in the back of his mind.

'I love having this kind of power!' The unicorn thought to herself. "Very good. Now then, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've been brought to this world by some unknown force and have no way of returning home. Until I can find way, I'm going to need a place to stay and judging from what Maddie and Joey described, this seems like the perfect place. Because you don't want your mistress to wander out there alone without food or shelter, do you?"

"Of course not mistress." The children's father responded.

"Our home...is open to you." Said the mother in her sleepy tone.

"Great!" The hypnotic doctor said. "Now then, when the two of you come out of your trance, you will not remember anything that happened while hypnotized. Only that it was a pleasant experience. But the commands I gave you while under hypnosis will stay strong, plus you'll be very open to the idea of letting me stay here out of trance. Understand?"

"Yes, mistress." The two parents said in unison.

"Good." The pony said as she turned her attention back to the hypnotic-bound Maddie and Joey sitting in their respective chairs. Spiral approached the two of them so the parents didn't hear what she was about to tell the children.

"Maddie. Joey. Open your eyes back up but stay in a trance.”

The two kids obeyed and showed their mistress their spiral filled eyes and awaited the next command.

“Go back to the positions you were in before I said your trigger. And when I stomp my hoof twice, you'll awaken from this trance without any memory of being placed under. You'll only think that both of you zoned out for a few seconds after I hypnotized your parents. Understand?"

"Yes, mistress." The children replied simultaneously as they went into the exact same positions they were in several minutes ago, waiting for the wake up trigger.

*STOMP* *STOMP*

Maddie and Joey's spirals disappeared from their eyes as they shook they heads and looked around for a moment. Breaking the silence, Spiral asked them in a concerned voice, "Are you two alright?"

"Huh?" Joey responded first. "Oh yes! I'm fine. I probably just zoned out for a couple seconds."

"Same here." Maddie added. "It was probably nothing!"

"If you say so..." the unicorn said keeping up with acting innocent. "So now that your parents have experienced what it's like to be hypnotized, do you want me to mess with their minds or do you want me to wake them up?"

"As much as I like the idea of messing with their heads, it might be a good idea to put that off for another time, so go ahead and wake them up." The oldest sibling said giving the mare his answer.

The pony doctor brought her attention to the children's parents and cleared her throat before saying, "It's time for both of you to come out of your trances. When I countdown from three to one, you'll wake up feeling refreshed. 3......2......1......Awaken!"

At Spiral Swirl’s command to awaken, the spirals faded from the eyes of the parents and they shook off the effects of the hypnosis. Joey spoke up first and asked, "So, how do you feel?"

"I don't know what I just experienced, but it was wonderful!" Said the mother in a content voice.

"Same here!" The father said still waking up and looking at the teal-colored unicorn.

"She hypnotized you with her watch!" The little Maddie said happily. "That's why it felt so great! Joey and I were hypnotized earlier and we loved it!"

"She hypnotized us? And you?" The mother asked in a wary voice.

"How come I don't remember any of it?" The father wondered.

"It's post-hypnotic amnesia." The unicorn answered. "It's a normal condition most subjects that experience hypnosis have."

"Don't worry, she didn't do anything bad!" Joey said. "Maddie and I saw the whole thing play out. All she did was put you into a trance for a few minutes, then brought you out."

"If you say so." The father said taking his son's statement as the truth. "By the way, I notice that you have some pictures on your flank. What's that about?"

"Oh, that's just my cutie mark!" Spiral said proudly. "It's a representation of what my special talent is. Which of course is hypnotism!" She then looked at everyone in the room and asked, "Don't humans get cutie marks as well when they know what their special talent is?"

"No, I'm afraid not." The father answered. "People here figure out what their special purpose is on their own. In my case, it's engineering, but I didn't need a tattoo to tell me that."

Spiral raised an eyebrow in confusion. "What's a tattoo?"

"A tattoo is a mark people get where a design is made by inserting ink, dyes and pigments into the skin. It's actually a bit painful at times."

The pony had a look of disgust from the description and asked, "Why would anyone want that?"

"Some see it as artistic. Others think of it as a way of expression. Everyone who gets them has their own reason."

"I see..." the unicorn said as she decided to change the subject. "So anyway, I already told Maddie and Joey, but I'm sure both of you want to hear my story as well?"

"Of course." The mother said as she got up from the couch. "You can tell us about it over dinner. I'm sure you must be hungry."

At that moment, Spiral's stomach growled in hunger. The pony had a sheepish look on her face as she replied with, "I think my stomach just answered that question for me."

Everyone in the room broke out in laughter for about a minute until they all settled down and went into the dining room.