• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 1,964 Views, 69 Comments

Maul-verse - AntiBronyBenSwolo



The night of Nightmare Moon's return also brought with it a dark warrior from another world.

  • ...
12
 69
 1,964

Battle at the Broken Bridge

The journey continued for Twilight, her friends, and their new guide, Maul, as the seven of them set up camp once more after a long day. They may no longer have the sun at the moment, but they can still tell the time. As their small but bright campfire burned, the six friends gathered supplies for makeshift tents to sleep in for the night. They only had enough for three tents, so they decided to sleep in pairs.

"Quite the slumber party you ponies got there," Maul taunted, who volunteered to stay up and be the camp's lookout.

"Hey, if this was a party, then we would have fun. And so far, this has been anything but fun," Pinkie Pie explained to the former Sith Lord, who got in her tent with Rarity.

"Who said any of this was supposed to be fun?" Maul asked, evoking the pony's anger more and more.

"Sheesh. what happened to you to be this grumpy?" Rainbow Dash asked, as irritated as her peers are, then proceeding to lie down in her tent with Applejack.

"I was taken in by my master as a young child. I trained for years in the Dark Side and was taught how to hate," Maul confessed. He didn't care about what they thought. They must have had much better childhoods than he did.

"Oh, you poor thing," Fluttershy said, confusing Maul. Either Maul underestimated their kindness, or he was wrong. Either way, he was not happy being sympathized with.

"Fluttershy, Come on!" Twilight called out, as Fluttershy crawled into her tent with Twilight, but not before wishing Maul good night. Maul scoffed and began to keep watch. All Maul saw approach the campsite were a couple of squirrels and raccoons trying to take their food. Maul didn't hesitate and scared them off with his staff. It was hard, however, because his rage had just reached the boiling point, and he didn't want to wake up his peers.

"Are you okay Maul?" a voice in Maul's head asked. Maul saw Obi-Wan Kenobi once more but remembered that, once again, it was just a hallucination.

"Shut up!" Maul bleated at "Kenobi", as he returned to his post to keep watch.

"Maul, calm down. I'm trying to be your friend," Kenobi once again explained. Maul knew this but didn't care.

"That's the last thing I need," Maul commented, as he picked up a rock, and tossed it across the forest. Kenobi sighed and sat down next to Maul.

"Please listen to me. I know you don't like this, but I realized that the best way for you to survive in this mysterious world, is if we work together. I know I'm not really here, but I can act as a voice of reason for you," Kenobi proposed. Maul looked at Kenobi with interest in his offer, something he had not felt for Kenobi before.

"Very well then Kenobi. If you're going to act as my advisor, then I call the shots at what our goal is in this world," Maul pointed out. Kenobi sighed. He knew that Maul wouldn't give up the Dark Side that easily.

"And what is our goal?" Kenobi asked Maul, as Maul threw another rock into the woods.

"To conquer this world, of course," Maul whispered, making sure none of the ponies could hear him. Kenobi sighed in defeat. There was nothing a hallucination could do to get in the way of his goals. So Kenobi might as well play along with Maul, just as Maul is with Kenobi. Maul chuckled as he checked the time and Kenobi departed from Maul's view. A good amount of time has passed, and the ponies started waking up from their rest.

"Evening, ponies," Maul greeted at the ponies.

"Evening, Maul," Twilight replied, rubbing her eye and stretching her body. The other five ponies yawned and itched and stretched as they woke up, and the six friends decided to continue their adventure, with Maul as their guide. The group came across a great crevasse, with a broken bridge on the other side.

"I think I can make it across and help get you guys across" Rainbow Dash noted, stretching her wings, both well and injured.

"Correct me if I'm wrong here, but didn't your wings break?" Maul asked. Rainbow Dash leaped across, and although she was too injured to properly fly across, she was still able to glide across with ease.

"I'm getting better, by the way," Rainbow Dash yelled from the other side and pulled up the other end of the bridge and prepared to glide across once more. Then, without warning, three figures, one female and two male, wearing black and dark blue jumpsuits with glowing yellow eyes gathered around Rainbow Dash. Twilight and Maul viewed on, as they both knew this had to be Nightmare Moon's doing.

"Hey there Rainbow Dash. We're the Shadowbolts, and..." The female figure paused. Rainbow Dash was highly concerned about this, as Maul judged from afar. Maul guessed Nightmare Moon was gonna use her original plan and have these figures test her loyalty.

"...You're coming with us," The female finished, as the three of them closed in on Rainbow Dash. Maul was shocked to see that happen.

"That witch!" Maul exclaimed, snarling with anger "She actually went with my idea!". Without a second thought, Maul leaped across the chasm and beside Rainbow Dash as he pulled out his staff.

"You're actually gonna defend her?" One of the male Shadowbolts taunted. Maul's eyes lit up a bright yellow, almost matching the Shadowbolt's eyes.

"I can't have my revenge without her," Maul replied, as he swung his staff with incredible force and speed. One of the Shadowbolts lunged at Maul, who countered by bludgeoning him on the head with his staff, knocking the Shadowbolt unconscious, and sending him plummeting into the chasm. The other two Shadowbolts paused at the defeat of their comrade, as they did not want Maul to outsmart them like that. Maul then bounded forward at one of Shadowbolts, but not before the other Shadowbolt lunging in at Maul, breaking the attack and his staff in the process. Maul grunted in pain. He did not expect such an impressive counter. Maul eyed his enemy and chuckled.

"It's actually funny, the fact this bridge was to test Rainbow Dash's loyalty, only to prove yours," Maul chuckled. The Shadowbolt gasped inside. He failed his one purpose. Rainbow Dash, confident enough in her strength, attempted to fight the female Shadowbolt off. The blue pegasus was overconfident though and was quickly pinned down. Maul eyed this happening and lunged to Dash's rescue. The remaining male Shadowbolt, however, dispatched him and beat him into submission even more.

"I thought you were better than that," Rainbow Dash commented, thinking Maul could fight better. Maul agreed but had a plan. The former Sith Lord winked at Rainbow Dash and realized he had a plan. Much to her dismay, it involved both of them being taken prisoner.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the bridge, Twilight and Rarity were using their magic to fix the bridge themselves and defend their friend and guide. The five friends fixed the bridge, but not before the Shadowbolts flew off with Maul and Rainbow Dash in their possession. Pinkie Pie sat down, comforting Fluttershy, who shed about 4 or 5 tears before completely breaking down into tears. Rarity huffed and puffed in anger, holding back tears, while Applejack simply growled in a manner rivaling that of Maul. Twilight, however, was smarter than that, as she too noticed Maul's wink. Twilight then theorized that he meant for Maul to take Rainbow Dash and himself prisoner.

"Come on girls," Twilight ordered "Rainbow's counting on us," The 5 friends, still distraught, followed through with Twilight, and apparently Maul's plan.

Meanwhile, Maul was awakening from passing out after capture and found himself bound by rope once more, this time tied to Rainbow Dash. The two were in an old, run-down castle, surrounded by 6 white orbs. The two Shadowbolts guarded them and made sure they didn't try to escape. The farthest entrance to the castle room opened up, as a familiar figure walked through. Rainbow Dash was worried about what would happen, while Maul was both glad his plan worked, while at the same time furious at their captor.

"Hello there, old friend," the figure said to Maul, revealing herself to be none other Nightmare Moon.