• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 1,963 Views, 69 Comments

Maul-verse - AntiBronyBenSwolo



The night of Nightmare Moon's return also brought with it a dark warrior from another world.

  • ...
12
 69
 1,963

Midnight Secrets

Twilight struggled to break free from whatever was holding her. Her heart raced and panicked as a bag covered her head and a thick rope bound her and Spike to a tree. The villainous figure of Darth Maul watched the unicorn and her dragon companion struggle to free themselves from the bonds he created, as Maul yanked the bags off of Twilight and Spike's heads, giving them a breath of fresh air.

"Remind me to use more mouthwash," Twilight said, now that her head was free. Twilight looked around and examined her surroundings. She found herself and Spike tied to a tree at the edge of the Everfree Forest with Darth Maul watching them struggle.

"We meet again, Twilight...Sparkle, was it?" Maul taunted as Twilight scoffed at Maul's attempt at an entrance.

"Oh, I am definitely not glad to see you again," Twilight remarked.

"Twilight, what's going on? Who is this guy!?" Spike begged Twilight to answer, fearing for the worst. Twilight remembered Spike never really met Maul during their race against Nightmare Moon.

"Clearly, our little truce against Nightmare Moon meant nothing to you, did it Twilight?" Maul asked as Twilight was baffled by his words.

"You were the one who stabbed us in the back! You're the one it meant nothing to!" Twilight bellowed as Maul snickered with pride at the reminder.

"Ah, yes. As is the way of the Sith, of course," Maul said, warning her not to underestimate what he was capable of.

"Quit it with the Sith talk! What do you want!?" Twilight asked as she figured Maul must want something from her if he was to kidnap her and Spike. Maul pulled out his four red Elemental crystals and displayed them to Twilight.

"What do you know of these Elements of the Dark Side?" Darth Maul asked as Twilight stared back at Maul with a sense of bewilderment towards his rock collection.

"I'm...sorry? I'm afraid I've never really heard of them until you discovered them," Twilight confessed, much to Maul's rage and disappointment.

"Don't take it personally if I don't believe you. Simply put, you must know something. If you knew something about your Elements of Harmony, then you must know something about my Elements of the Dark Side," Maul said, failing to hide his seething rage from his two prisoners.

"I'm telling you, I don't know anything!" Twilight argued back, making it much harder for Maul to control himself. Spike struggled to break free so he could help Twilight, but the bonds were simply too tight for the baby dragon to break through. Though there was something Maul mentioned that sounded familiar.

"If you won't talk willingly, then I'll make you talk," Maul settled for as he reached out and aimed his hoof at Twilight's face. Twilight was unsure as to what the Sith Lord was doing until she felt Maul's influence breaking into her mind as if a shadowy monster was slowly eating her brain from the inside out for the information it needed. Twilight screamed in pain at this sensation, scaring Spike more and more. Maul broke his way into Twilight's mind in search of knowledge of the Elements of the Dark Side, torturing Twilight's poor psyche more than it's hurting now. As Twilight let out another shriek in pain, Spike was the one who decided to break.

"Okay, I'll tell you!" Spike finally said as Maul halted his assault on Twilight's mind. Twilight no longer cried in pain, but still hurt from what just happened, as a few trickles of tears fell from Twilight's face. Maul, however, felt no remorse for his psychic torture and turned to face Spike, who shivered at the sight of Maul.

"You know something about these?" Maul asked Spike in disbelief. Spike gathered the courage to nod as Maul finally got a hold of his seething anger.

"I...I think I do. You said they were the Elements of the Dark Side, right? I think I might have found a book in Twilight's Library that could help," Spike answered as Maul felt like he was on the trail he needed to be. As Maul cut the ropes, letting Spike tend to Twilight's aching head, Maul watched on as he felt something he did not expect from Twilight and the dragon: envy.

"You know, I didn't think green would be your color, but your jealousy is starting to turn you that color," The nagging hallucination of Obi-Wan butted it, much to Maul's annoyance.

"I want your silence, Kenobi. What is it they have that I want?" Maul asked as Kenobi's sarcasm quickly turned to sympathy.

"As I said before, I've been to your village before. I know the choice to turn to the Dark Side wasn't yours. The Sith took you from your family," Kenobi lectured. Maul's mind flashed back to when he had the real Kenobi in his clutches and used those words against him. As much as he hated to admit it, he did have a point.

"But now, now that your former master isn't here, you do have a choice to renounce the Sith and build up what you once lost," Obi-Wan advised. And, for once, Maul actually considered the possibility of turning away from the Dark Side. But there would be nothing for him without it. Such a choice for him would only lead to disaster.

"No. I'll find my own way," Maul said, staying true to the Dark Side, and disappointing the imaginary Kenobi. Maul then turned his attention to Twilight and Spike, leading him back to the Golden Oak library in the dead of night, to get the answers he seeks. As Spike scoured the thousands of books he and Twilight reorganized time and again, Twilight turned to face Maul.

"Why do you need to know about your Elements of the Dark Side so much? I thought you already know everything there is to know," Twilight said as Maul turned to Twilight.

"I know everything there is to know about the Dark Side of the Force and the ways of the Sith. But not in the form of these four crystals, similar to your four crystals," Maul answered as Twilight raised an eyebrow.

"Where did you get four from? We have six Elements of Harmony," Twilight corrected Maul as the Sith Lord simply rolled his eyes.

"Whatever the case may be, I need to know as much as possible for the coming battle. If you knew what I felt, you'd want to prepare your Elements of Harmony as well," Maul explained, intriguing Twilight further.

"Wait. Coming battle? Who is coming?" Twilight asked.

"What do you know about the Entity of Chaos known as Discord?" Maul asked to answer Twilight's question. Twilight's answer would be brought to an abrupt halt as Spike came dashing to Maul with the book he had read involving Maul's Dark Side Elements. Maul took a peek at the book Spike had given him. It had a rusty-red cover adorned with silver along the edges and decorated with golden patterns much similar to a golden flower. The book was titled "Secrets of the Unknown", which was enough to capture Darth Maul's fancy already. Maul decided not to wait any longer and look through this newfound knowledge. Within these pages laid fascinating tales of strange heroes, bizarre villains, and dangerous relics, all thought to be myth even among the status of myths. Among the many tales Maul had found in the book, he found what he had been looking for.

"Ah, here we go. The tale of the Dark Elements," Maul read, satisfied at his findings. And what he would find would only strengthen that satisfaction.


The story began when a strange warlock, a Changeling King calling himself Darth Strayn, threatened to conquer Equestria. And the weapon he threatened to conquer Equestria with was the Elements of the Dark Side. Strayn used his Dark Elements to lay waste to Equestria and build himself a changeling hive within the heart of Canterlot. The Dark Elements made Darth Strayn extremely powerful, even for a Changeling, as according to legend, the wielder of the Dark Side elements could warp the very fabric of reality. One day, the Royal Sisters, Celestia and Luna, challenged Darth Strayn with the Elements of Harmony to combat the Elements of the Dark Side, but the Dark Elements shielded Strayn from the Elements of Harmony and helped him best Celestia and Luna. However, even the most powerful weapon at his hoof tips, Strayn was weak to his own ego. Celestia and Luna then revealed their trap, and a strange hero with the wings of a phoenix was able to strip Darth Strayn of his Elements of the Dark Side, allowing Celestia and Luna to finally trap him. Legends say that the Elements of the Dark Side lay there still in their old castle to this very day.


"Warp the very fabric of reality?" Maul asked himself in disbelief as Twilight and Spike simply listened to Maul read the story out loud.

"That doesn't sound too good, if you ask either of us," Twilight confessed, knowing Maul could theoretically reshape Equestria as he pleased.

"Wait, so there were these Sith Lord guys here before? From the very beginning?" Spike asked as Maul pondered this to himself.

"It appears so," Maul replied.

"So...what happens now?" Twilight asked as Maul looked at his two hostages.

"I think I'll check this book out some more. You two warn your friends of the coming battle," Maul instructed as Twilight simply looked at Spike.

"So...it's a truce?" Twilight asked as Maul snarled at Twilight's use of the word, scaring poor Spike.

"Right. Not a truce. Gotcha," Twilight responded as Maul scoffed at her smug face and left the library, leaving himself to plot how to take care of Discord, and later Twilight, Celestia, and any later enemies.