• Published 4th Jul 2018
  • 1,952 Views, 69 Comments

Maul-verse - AntiBronyBenSwolo



The night of Nightmare Moon's return also brought with it a dark warrior from another world.

  • ...
12
 69
 1,952

Maul's Vow

"Where am I?" the recovering blue alicorn asked as she was surrounded by Twilight and her friends.

"Princess Luna? Is that you?" Twilight asked, assisting the alicorn on her hooves. The other ponies were too busy admiring each other's necklaces with the Elements of Harmony resembling their cutie marks to help Twilight out with Luna. Luna's head pounded like a drum, as she was still recovering from such a magical blast.

"Oh, I can't wait to tell Princess Celestia what happened," Twilight smiled with Princess Luna finally recovering.

"No need Twilight," Luna explained, as she pointed her hoof behind Twilight. Twilight turned around and saw a larger white alicorn with a blue, green, and violet mane, and golden armor.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight exclaimed, bowing her head in front of the princess. Twilight's friends trembled before Celestia and bowed along with Twilight.

"There is no need to bow, Twilight. You were the one who saved Equestria after all," Princess Celestia explained, as Twilight and her friends slowly got up from bowing. Celestia walked past Twilight to speak with her sister.

"Are you okay, Luna?" Celestia asked. Luna walked closer to her sister and lunged in for a hug.

"I am now, thanks to your student. At least Nightmare Moon is gone," Luna explained, tears trickling down her eyes with a loving smile to go along with it. The princess' moment would be cut short, after a dark and sinister chuckle filled the room.

Maul walked into the light filled room, almost darkening it with his presence. The armor he once wore was gone, instead replaced by a satchel containing the Elements of the Dark Side. His wooden legs have been replaced by metallic ones, the same color as the armor he sported, and in his hoof, he held a crystal ball, which was filled with the dark of the night.

"I wouldn't necessarily say she's gone." Maul taunted, showing the eight mares the crystal ball. Luna glared inside it, and cannot believe what she saw.

"Luna! Help! I'm sorry!" A voice from inside the crystal ball cried out. Luna gasped, then almost trembled at Maul's feat.

"It's one thing to preserve Nightmare Moon, but as your prisoner?" Luna asked. Rarity and Fluttershy gasped, as Rainbow Dash and Applejack started backing away from Maul, as Pinkie Pie jumped to hide behind Twilight.

"Well...If you're going to keep her prisoner, then I don't see any reason why we shouldn't be friends," Twilight stuttered, stretching her hoof out, expecting Maul to shake it.

"You do have a point, Twilight. I really should thank you," Maul said, putting the crystal ball in his satchel, declining Twilight's hoofshake.

"Because thanks to you, Equestria has a bigger threat to face. Bigger than Nightmare Moon. And let me tell you, you were a fool to trust him," Maul explained. Applejack gasped and ran at Maul in a fit of rage.

"Why you no good..." Applejack muttered, attempting to kick Maul in the face with her hind legs, but was caught as Maul picked her up by her legs and tossed her into a nearby wall, knocking Applejack unconscious.

"But...but we trusted you," Fluttershy exclaimed, almost tearing up.

"That was your mistake. And now that we've taken care of Nightmare Moon, I declare our little truce over," Maul snarled. Celestia had enough of Maul's cynical attitude.

"Maul, it doesn't have to be this way. Stand down, and we can..." Celestia explained, before Maul hoisted her into the air by her neck. Celestia grasped it, trying to get some sort of invisible arm off of her, though she was unsuccessful.

"I'm no longer just Maul. I require a title now, and I have no other choice but to reclaim my old title. The title of Darth." Maul said as he smiled sinisterly at his new enemies. Twilight growled and aimed a blast of purple energy at Darth Maul, causing the ground beneath him to explode and to drop Princess Celestia. The smoke, rubble, and debris, however, gave Darth Maul his chance of escape, and no trace as to where the self-anointed Sith Lord went.

"Well, that could have gone better." Rainbow Dash explained as she flew over to Twilight.

"I agree." Rarity said, mending to Celestia, while Fluttershy mended Applejack.

"You think we'll ever see him again?" Pinkie asked Twilight, looking onward into the distance.

"You know what girls? I think we will. And when we do, we'll be ready for him," Twilight explained. Pinkie and Rainbow Dash smiled, causing everyone else to regain their confidence.

Meanwhile, Darth Maul trekked through the Everfree Forest, back through the adventure he's had. Unlike before, however, the sun was shining, and lighting Maul's way back to where he first found himself, the old abandoned cabin he found himself at.

"What use have you for this old place?" Nightmare Moon asked Maul through the crystal ball. Maul lifted his front hoof as if he was aiming it at the door.

"I need a base of operations, do I not?" Maul explained as he concentrated on the full extent of his connection to the Dark Side of the Force. Suddenly, large trees were pulled out of the ground behind Maul. As the trees floated around the new Dark Lord, Nightmare Moon's crystal ball started glowing a deep blue, causing her to scream out in pain. The trees started glowing the same shade of blue, and in a flash of light, the logs turned into multiple planks of wood. Darth Maul then repaired the old broken home with his dark power.

As Darth Maul finished, he collapsed onto the ground, exhausted by his hard work, but proud of it. Maul stepped inside and toured his new abode. Granted, it did look like a normal home, Maul could fix that up sometime he went into Town. Maul pondered about his new life in Equestria. Would Maul fail once more to obtain his vision of power, or would he actually succeed, as he did on Mandalore? Maul pondered about this. There was no Death Watch, no criminal gangs, and no Savage to help him out this time.

"Mourning your brother again?" the voice of Obi-Wan Kenobi called out to Maul, who continued contemplating his life and plotting his next scheme.

"Of course not, Kenobi," Maul explained, as he placed the crystal ball of Nightmare Moon on a pedestal. Kenobi simply shook his head.

"Of course not," Kenobi repeated with a smirk.

"What is it this time?" Maul asked his hallucination.

"I just came to say that you should probably check the mail," Kenobi said as he left Maul's view. Maul, continuing his tour around his new house, gained confidence that his schemes of power would actually come into fruition like before. Before he could begin, however, the doorbell rang, as Maul looked outside the door. Maul saw a gray pegasus with a crooked view and bubble tattoos on her rear.

"I got some mail for a Darth Mail." the pegasus explained, handing a package to Maul.

"It's Maul, not Mail. Now please leave," Maul ordered as he took the package. The pegasus flew off as Maul closed the door and opened his package, revealing a brilliant black cloak, blending in with the night. Darth Maul put the cloak on and felt invisible. Maul smiled sinisterly at his new fortune.

"I have a good feeling about this," Darth Maul said, raising the hood of the cloak, and heading off into the town of Ponyville for the first time, where they'd least expect him.