• Published 2nd Jul 2018
  • 1,173 Views, 41 Comments

My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Storm of Friendship - SuperPinkBrony12



(Takes place in the universe of "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic: Stallion Edition" and set after Chapter 154.) Shining Armor and his friends must journey beyond Equestria to combat the threat of the evil Storm King.

  • ...
1
 41
 1,173

Escape from Klugetown

The ponies and Spike were greatly impressed by the state of Capper's room. Considering what Klugetown looked like, it was a surprise to find someone who seemed to have a relatively clean and colorful place to call his own.

"Whoa, nice place you got here, Capper!" Soarin exclaimed. "How did you manage to get it? Seems like anyone would kill for a place like this."

Capper only laughed. "Well no one else wanted it, so I figured 'Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers' and that's the end of that," In a more welcoming tone of voice he delicately brushed air with his paw and instructed to his guests. "Feel free to stay the night. Or at least until after dinner. I know I can't cook the stuff you ponies like to eat, but the grub around here's actually kind of nice when you get used to it."

"That's very thoughtful of you, Capper, but we really can't stay," Shining insisted. "Now, where's that information you promised? You said you had something you wanted to give us?"

"Uh-huh, about that..." Capper began, trying not to look guilty. Now he was starting to wish he hadn't made the offer. "Well the thing is, I don't remember what I leave where. This place isn't exactly in the most hospitable state. And whatever it is I was thinking of, it seems to have slipped my mind for the moment. Feel free to have a look around though, just try not to break anything, okay? Lots of breakables and they cost more than you can probably afford."

Braeburn removed his hooves from a red vase.

The cat then coughed into a paw. "Now, I'm gonna step outside for a little bit. I have a few things I need to take care of. Don't worry, I'll be back soon." And with that he left the room.


"That Capper fellow seems pretty nice," Thunderlane observed and turned to Shining Armor. "How come you don't trust him?"

"In case you haven't noticed, this isn't Equestria," Shining scolded. "We can't be doing everything the way we would normally do it, and expect it to all work out. We must be careful about who we trust, unless we all wanna get ourselves captured."

Fancy Pants shook his head. "Be that as it may, that's hardly a reason for us to abandon our better nature and values. Not to mention, he did save us from those merchants."

"Yeah, but you saw how crafty he was about it," Big Mac commented. "I'm not sidin' with Shinin' completely here, but I can tell when someone's not bein' completely honest with ya. It's called 'Stretchin' The Truth', my sister used to do it all the time when she was younger, often got us both in trouble."

"Like the time you ended up in the operating room for Apple Blight, and the doctors thought you were an actual patient." Braeburn laughed, which caused Big Macintosh to blush red (though it was hard to see through his naturally red coat).

"So maybe he's a little bit on the shady side, he's the closest thing we've got to an ally since we came here," Soarin protested. "No offense, Shining Armor, but there is such a thing as being too paranoid. Never does you any good."

"Call me cynical and paranoid if you like but I just can't shake the feeling that Capper's hiding something, something important," The prince said with a shake of his head. "Appearances can be deceiving. Remember our experience in Cutie Markless Village? Everything looked peaceful on the surface, but in secret Starlight Glimmer was hiding a dark secret and she almost got away with our cutie marks."

The Wonderbolt stallion merely growled back. "So what would you have us do in this situation, hmm? In case you haven't noticed, we don't exactly have a plan here. And last time I checked we still have no way to contact anyone."

"It's true I'm afraid," Spike admitted, hanging his head in sorrow. "I've been trying since we left Canterlot but nothing's gotten through. I think my magical fire breath stopped working the moment we left Equestria."

"At the least we owe it to Capper to stay," Thunderlane insisted. "If we just up and leave while he's away, what does that make us?"

"All the same, he really shouldn't be keepin' secrets from us," Braeburn reluctantly considered. "Cousin Big Mac's probably onto somethin'. Why else would Capper mention somethin' and then forget where it is? Even I ain't that forgetful."

"And if he's keeping secrets from us, then how are we supposed to trust him?" Shining remarked. And then he sighed. "I guess for right now we'll stay, we need a safe place to come up with a plan. But I'm going to keep looking, I have a feeling whatever that cat is trying to hide is here somewhere."

Fancy Pants turned and trotted away. "And the rest of us will make the most of this situation. Who knows when we'll next have access to such comforts?"


Unknown to the group, Capper had overheard their conversation from the other side of the door. He now felt incredibly guilty. "The first friends I've ever made and what do I do? I go and sell 'em to save my own fur," He thought to himself. "But what else am I supposed to do? If I don't sell 'em Verto will make me into his new rug, probably skin me alive to make an example out of me. And I already asked him for an extension, he won't grant me another."

As he reached a paw towards the door knob, the cat briefly pondered. "Maybe there's a way for us to both get what we want?" But he shook his head, dismissing the thought almost as quickly as it had entered. "It doesn't matter how much they trust me, going up against Verto would only be dragging them into my own problems. I've made my bed... so why am I so hesitant to sleep in it?"

It was a foolish question the cunning cat knew the answer to that, he just wouldn't admit it. But it was too late to change his mind, Verto was on his way. So now all that remained was to stall for time until the mole of the hour arrived. "Well now, little ponies. Finding everything okay in here?" He greeted as warmly as possible.

"Oh yes, everything is just fine, thank you for asking," Fancy Pants commented. Then the stallion's keen eye caught notice of something, something that Capper himself hadn't noticed. The cuff on his jacket's right sleeve had been torn. "Oh my stars. We must do something about that nasty tear."

Capper insisted. "You needn't bother, it's just a small tear. I get 'em all the time."

Fancy wouldn't hear a word of protest. "No no no, I simply cannot let such a crime against fashion go unpunished. Not if I have anything to say about it. And in fact, I do," He lit up his horn, floating over a sewing needle from his saddle bag. "When my bags survived the trip over that waterfall, I thought my sewing supplies might prove useful for make-shift bandages and casts. I certainly didn't anticipate them being used for fashion emergencies. Now hold still please, this will just take a few seconds."

The fashion stallion was as good as his words and in mere seconds he had stitched up the tear and re-fastened the button. Looking at the jacket now, it would've been impossible to tell that there had ever been a tear at all.

Capper was most impressed, his green eyes reflected a look of wonder and amazement. "Nice work. So what do I owe you? Go ahead, name your price."

But the stallion only heartily laughed. "Don't be silly, Capper, this won't cost you a thing. I guarantee it."

"Yeah yeah, that's what they always say. And then they hit you with the fine the moment you turn your back," Capper protested. "Now come on, tell it to me straight. What's your payment?"

Fancy only playfully sighed and shook his head. "Your smile is payment enough, Capper. After all, that's what friends do."

"Friends?" Capper questioned as though the words had been spoken in some foreign tone.

"Yes indeed. Far as I'm concerned, you became our friend when you risked your neck to save us." Fancy Pants declared.

The cat tried (and ultimately failed) to look guilty, hanging his head in sorrow and shame. "I really don't deserve your friendship." He spoke in a low tone.

"Whyever not?" Fancy questioned.

But Capper needn't have said a word, for at that very moment Shining slammed a huge scroll down on the table and unfurled it! "I had a feeling you were hiding something from us, Capper! And it looks like I was right!" He angrily declared, as he pointed a hoof to a spiral structure at the southern corner of the map. "It says 'Mount Aris: Home of the Hippogriffs'. Princess Celestia must've meant Novo, Queen of the Hippogriffs. You knew what we were looking for, and you kept it hidden from us."

Capper nervously laughed. "Oh come on, no need to be all hostile. I mean, that map is decades if not centuries old. You know you can't trust every random scroll you find."

"Oh really, then what's that out the window?!" Shining pointed a hoof, directing everyone's attention to a spiral structure similar to the one depicted on the map.

"Objects in the window may look much different than they actually appear." Was all Capper could bring himself to say.

Thunderlane narrowed his eyes in anger. "We weren't born yesterday, Capper! How could you keep such a thing from us?! We trusted you!"

The prince then firmly added. "We've got what we need. We've got to head South, to Mount Aris. We've wasted enough time here, and now it's time to go."


But just then the door swung open, and a shady mole like creature with googles and blackish-gray fur appeared. "Here's Verto!" He declared. Then he turned to Capper. "Excellent work, Capper. These ponies are a fine specimen, and that little dragon they're with is a nice bonus. Your debt is more than forgiven, selling all seven of these guys is gonna make me a cool mint!"

"Good, because you really need one!" Braeburn exclaimed, waving a hoof in front of his face. "And maybe a bath while you're at it."

"Silence, little pony!" Verto coldly hissed, swiping at Braeburn with a claw and removing a chunk of his mane. "Slaves will not speak unless spoken to! Now come along, the carriage awaits."

Now it was Fancy Pants' turn to be mad with Capper, and indeed he did not hold back. "You were going to sell us?!" He accusingly pointed a hoof. "As if we were mere property to you!"

Capper gulped. "D-don't look at me like that, I accidentally got in too deep with Verto and I had to take the first opportunity that came my way." He stuttered as his tail swished back and forth.

Verto only laughed, patting the cat on the forehead. "Ah, don't be so hard on yourself, Capper. Anyone in your situation would've done the same. These ponies really should've known better than to trust you, after all you've given me more than a few headaches with your little 'schemes'," Then he grinned, rubbing his claws together. "But now, all is right with the world. And who knows, maybe now the Storm King will stop breathing down my neck about how I'm losing money."

But just then who should come trotting upon the scene but Tempest, with Grubber and several Storm Guards right behind her. "Well well, today is my lucky day," She declared. Then she looked at the alicorn prince and taunted. "Trusting strangers are we? Big mistake on your part."

"Huge!" Grubber added. "Can't believe you thought this stray alley cat was looking out for you."

"Don't be calling me an alley cat, you rotten little porcupine!" Capper hissed.

"For your information I happen to be a hedgehog!" Grubber retorted.

"Enough!" Tempest demanded as she stomped her hoof down. "Now listen here, Verto. Those ponies are enemies of the Storm King and therefore they are my jurisdiction. So hand them over."

But the mole only grinned and wrapped his claws around Tempest. "Ooh, you know what, I just had an even better idea. The Storm King's trusty second in command is sure to fetch a high price on the market. Far more than a bunch of misfits," He proceeded to pinch the unicorn's cheeks. "So, my little pony-wony, what kind of tricks can you do? The more the better, for me that is."

Tempest narrowed her eyes, as the bulge where her horn should be started to spark ominously. "I have one in mind." Was all she decided to say. A few seconds later the sound of crackling electricity echoed through the room.

Verto's charred body fell to the floor. "That's a good trick." He coughed, before he passed out.


Tempest blew the smoke from her stub. "Sorry about the 'interruption', prince," She coldly declared. "Now, where were we?"

But much to her shock the broken horned unicorn found that there was not a trace of the ponies (or the dragon) to be seen. They had slipped out during the commotion with Verto.

Furious, the unicorn stomped her hooves down and grit her teeth. "This isn't happening! This is NOT happening to me!" She growled and barked out orders. "What are you waiting for, you dolts?! After them! They must not be allowed to escape!"

The Storm Guards fanned out mere seconds later, and one of them happened to spot the group as they were fleeing across a neighboring roof. He grabbed the blades of the windmill and gave them a push, causing the blades to break off entirely and roll through the streets, demolishing roof top after roof top!

"Guess you were right to be suspicious of Capper, Shining!" Soarin panted, as the stallions attempted to outrun the blades.

"Even I didn't think he was trying to sell us!" Shining called back. "But that's not important right now, we need to get out of here before Tempest or any of her subordinates catch us! Assuming the blades don't get us first!"

All of a sudden, Thunderlane called out. "Shining, up ahead!"

The prince's eyes scanned the eastern edge of town, and they widened to the size of dinner plates! There was a small airfield with an airship just about to take off! "I see it, but it's gonna be awfully close! Stay close to me, everyone!"

In a flash of light rose magic, the group appeared at the edge of the dock. But the airship was already departing, its anchor having been removed.

"Now what?! How we supposed to get everyone on board?!" Fancy Pants pondered.

Shining turned to Big Mac. "Hey, you have your saddle bags with you?"

"Eeyup," Big Mac firmly nodded. "Why?"

"Is there a rope in there?" Shining questioned the stallion with a coat of red.

Big Mac nodded again. "I don't see how that's gonna help us though."

The alicorn didn't answer, he simply tossed the rope with his magic and shouted to Soarin. "Catch the rope and tie it to something secure on the ship! We'll use it as a tightrope wire!"

Soarin obeyed, quickly tying the rope as he leapt aboard the departing zeppelin with a few flaps of his wings. Thunderlane quickly followed. "Good enough?!" He called to his friend.

The prince with a coat of white nodded, inspecting the rope with a hoof. "Yeah, that should hold!" Then he motioned a hoof and ordered to his friends. "Quickly now, that won't hold for long!"

Braeburn gulped. "Uh, I suppose now would be a bad time to mention I'm afraid of heights?!"

"Just go!" Shining firmly demanded. "Tempest and the others will be here any minute!"

Braeburn reluctantly swallowed the lump in his throat, treading his way along the tightrope after his cousin and Fancy Pants both managed to make it across with ease.

All of a sudden, without warning the rope gave way! "Braeburn!" Shining shouted as he quickly dove for the stallion and the rope!

Braeburn shut his eyes! If he had kept them open, he might have seen his alicorn friend snatch him up and quickly fly onboard the zeppelin with him, landing safely on the upper deck of the airship.

"That was too close," Shining declared as he breathed a sigh of relief. "Is everyone alright?"

"Yeah, we're okay, thanks to you," Spike nodded. "But what about you, Shining? You told me you always get air sick on zeppelins. Are you gonna be okay?"

The prince immediately felt the onset of motion sickness and his face turned a pale green in color. "I'll be fine if we can get below deck. I think I remember a spell or two that'll temporarily ease my systems. Just gotta find somewhere discreet to cast it."

"I see a cargo hold!" Soarin shouted. "Best if we take shelter there, blend in with the goods."


Meanwhile, back at the Klugetown airfield, Tempest was growling and cursing to high heavens. "That's twice now I've had them, and yet they've slipped right through my grasp! They're as slippery as they are persistent!" She thought with great fury.

"Uh, boss?" Grubber spoke up.

"What is it, Grubber?" Tempest demanded. "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood?"

"Well it's a good thing I've got something that'll cheer you up," Grubber declared and the hedgehog gave a whistle. "Okay boys, bring him on up here!"

Capper was soon brought before the unicorn, accompanied by two Storm Guards who effectively blocked his only means of escape. "Easy on the roughness." He complained.

Tempest simply looked at the cat and bluntly inquired of him. "The ponies, where are they headed?"

"Oh, is that all you want from me? Well you could've just asked politely," Capper laughed. "Let's see now, they were headed-" But then he looked at the repaired sleeve of his jacket. All of a sudden, he knew he couldn't betray the ponies, not even to save himself. So there was only one thing to do, do what he did best and lie. "-East. Yeah, that's it. They're headed East, towards the bad lands. Glad I could be of help, now I'd best be going."

But the Storm Guards barred Capper's path, growling at him. Tempest spoke for them. "Once I've got my prince, I'll let you go. But until then, your fate is still... shall we say... up in the air."

Capper let out a gulp as he was brought aboard Tempest's zeppelin. "Stay safe out there, little ponies." He thought to himself.

Author's Note:

Shining's airsickness was something I knew I had to include for the zeppelin parts.

I also wanted to ellaborate on Capper's debt with Verto, seeing as it's only briefly brought up and Verto himself only briefly appears before he gets taken out by Tempest.

And I knew that with Verto on the Storm King's pay roll in this fic, I would need to have a reason for him to go after Tempest, who also works for the Storm King.