• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 839 Views, 26 Comments

Hidden behind the Lies - YourCrazyBenefactor



What happens when Love and Peace fail? War befalls Equestria, But who will win this time?

  • ...
2
 26
 839

The Beginning Of Ends

CLANG! A sound rang out through the fields a few miles away from Canterlot, followed with more sounds of steel scratching and banging upon more steel. This was another quick pressed attack against the capital by the NLR.
Commander Dash flew into battle with her roaring broadsword, bringing it down on each Enemy she saw. The weapon caused bones to crunch, and flesh to tear, creating its own personal scream of joy as it flew through the air. When she started to fly up again, to access the situation and command her troops, she saw a warm glowing light from the corner of her eye.

"AGH!" she shouted, seeing the source of the encroaching light as she narrowly dodged the flaming ball of magic. She could feel the heat that nearly had her despite the fact her armor was made of the finest steel and imbued with a powerful magic shield; she never knew how long or how much it could hold off. Dash looked around the battle field in hopes of tracing the harmful magic back to it's caster, which she saw was a short unicorn mare with a light blue mane and pink fur. Dash tried to see her special ability, but her cutie mark was covered with chain mail armor. Staring at her with what looked to be hatred, the unicorn cursed, but the words were lost to the music of combat. Dash knew what that stare really meant: pure shock and fear in that ponies eyes, the mare knew she wouldn't live to see the end of the hour.

Burning with adrenaline, the Commander sped as fast as she could at the mare, who could only stare with wide eye's at her. It was the look every pony --friend or foe-- gave her when she was in battle, given only to the most frightening of things; Beings of pain and destruction made flesh. The Commander swept down in a matter of seconds and stabbed the broadsword deep inside the pony's chest, making a sickening crunching noise as the blade smashed through bones. With that much force and at that velocity, going through the chain mail was easy for her and bones were another simple matter. All the victom of the blade could gather was a small gasp.

"Twenty-three" dash said in her head. I have killed twenty-three ponies and I will not forget any of there faces. With ease, Commander Dash removed her sword from the pony’s pink gut. But before the mare could fall, Dash grabbed her by her mane and lifted her up, forcing her to look at her killer. The pony was still alive, but only for a few seconds. When Dash stared into the pink ponies eye's and saw the same look she as always. Eyes that swirled with emotions, but the most prominent was regret, sorrow, and fear. These were the same emotions that every victom of her blade displayed.

Dash brought the poor pony within an inch of her face and whispered into her ear...

"Forgive me, im sorry." The war was still flaring. Screams of death and rage could still be heard from every direction. But in the mix of this, the commander acted in a trained and calm manner, she slowly laid the body of the slain unicorn down to the ground, lifeless eyes staring back up at her, bringing a painful reminder of what she had just done...

I'm sorry... heavy with the thought of killing yet another innocent pony. Rainbow dash, Flight Commander of the First Brigade, Terror of the Skies, Princess Celestia's Champion, and former weather Pony of Ponyville, felt a tear roll down her cheek, that dropped on the face of the now dead pony. But there's no time to grieve.

The commander gripped her sword.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pleased to meet you!" The pink pony’s exited voice echoed in the street, her puffy crazy pink hair bobbed as she walked down the center of Ponyville

"Hi! How are you this fine day?" she chatted to the air, as she continued walking looking jolly as ever.
The town remained silent and empty as she pranced through. The buildings seemed strained and in serious need of repair, but Pinkie Pie refused to acknowledge these facts.

As she trotted into town, her stomach gave out a audible grumble. "Oh! looks like Mr. Tummy is getting craaannnkkyy! Best go and cheer him up with a nice cupcake!" she giggled. And with that, pinkie entered a run down building that used to be known as the Sugar Cube Corner the insides just as bad as the outside: broken and covered in dust and cob webs. "Mmmm something smells good!" Pinkie Pie said with a huge smile. But there was no answer; the place was a ghost town with no ghosts, despite the desolate atmosphere. The energetic mare looked around for something to eat, but some feeling deep inside her mad and twisted brain told her that there was nothing here.

It was hopeless looking around, everyone's gone. "Nope! Nope nope nope nope nooooopppeee." shouted pinkie pie to her inner conscious. "Silly silly, of course theres food around here! Mr. and Mrs. Cake are probably just out at the moment is all!" They're dead Pinkie, theve been dead, your the cau - "NOPE! Nope nope nope! That wont do one bit! No no no!" she chanted to herself forcefully while hitting her hoof against her head a few times.

Oh, Pinkie dearest. How are you? came a voice from inside Pinkie's mind "Oh! you again mysterious voice person! I'm fine fine fine! But Mr. Tummy is having the fits, do you think you could help me out again? i'll help you back! I swear! Pinkie promise! You can never lie about a pinkie promise!" Heheh, yes Pinkie I know. Tell me, do you trust me? chuckled the voice.

Pinkie jumped up and looked at the ceiling as if the voice was right above her. "Oh, yes mister voice! Dont you ever think I dont! You feed me, and keep me company, and were best friends! So yes of course I trust you!" Good good, now Pinkie, your other friends have moved to a new place. A place where theres lots of fun going on! Would you like to have fun as well? Pinkie jumped up and down excitedly at this " OH! YES YES! Pleaasseee take me there voice! Please please please!"

Alright pinkie, i will help you get there, but there’s something that must come first. You need the proper tools for this fun, and for that, we need to 'borrow' them from somepony, do you know where we could find these tools? The deep voice asked, sending mental pictures. "Of course I do! Leave it to me Mister Voice! Oh, do you know the name of this game mister? I would hate to play a game without knowing the name!" Yes Pinkie, the name of this game... is War The Voice spoke in an ominous tone. The earth pony looked confused "Huh, i've never heard of 'war' but if my friends are playing, I want to as well! annndd we're off!" shouted Pinkie as she galloped out of the abandoned bakery. And off into the sunset in search of the new toys for the game called

... war...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Ever Free Forest is a place of mystery, and a place of death. Not many ponies would venture into its shadowy depths, and even fewer would survive. Yet staying alive is exactly what two mare friends had been trying to accomplish by being there

"A..are you sure we should still be in here Applejack?" Whispered an angelic yet frightened voice. Apple jack stopped walking and looked over her shoulder at Fluttershy " are you go'in ta ask me that every day? We hafta stay in here Shy, you dont want to get sucked in'ta this silly ol'e war do yea?"
The pink maned pony shuffled and murmured a reply

"Well... no.. but.."

"No buts! i'll be damned before i let another pony i know die in that war! Now come on! we probably woke half this forest by now."

Applejack said with a haunted look in her eyes. She turned back around and walked back to there camp. After a short while, Fluttershy shook off her dazed feeling and rushed to catch up.

After a few minutes of walking, they entered a clearing in the forest, it was beautiful, covered in flowers, bright healthy grass and wild critters everywhere, with two dark green tents in the middle of the clearing. Applejack smiled and dropped her sattle-bag on the grass, " well ill be. this place keeps gett'in fancier each time we return. How's that work?"

Fluttershy looked at the field, surprised as well. She had no clue. When they first arrived at this clearing, it was scary, the grass was dead or non-existent, and all the flowers were poison, or ugly. Now, after a few weeks of gradual change, its become a wonderful place filled with herbs, bunnies, and hope.

"I.. i don't even know" muttered Fluttershy
"Well, as long as its harmless, i dont mind not know'in, help me with the bags will yea shy?" Applejack said as she walked toward one of the tents. Fluttershy didn't move, she was still trying to puzzle out why this was happening. I wonder if this has anything to do with the war... she thought

"Fluttershy?" applejack called from the tent she went inside
Fluttershy snapped out of her thoughts with a shake of her head, "Oh!, Coming!" picking up Applejacks bag with her mouth as she trotted over towards the tents
"In here Shy, drop the bag, i have something fer yea." came Applejacks voice in a soft wispy tone from the tent
Fluttershy dropped the bag and opened the tent flap, and Gasped when she saw what applejack had.

A wooden bow, with a quiver of arrows, and a large curved dagger in its Black leather case sat waiting
"It's time we learn how to defend ourselves Shy.... im sorry" applejack whispered
Fluttershy could feel the tears flowing down her cheeks this means i will have to kill... it means protecting myself.. by killing others...the very thought hurts... but.. i have to...i need to.. i cant let what happened to angel.. and to the others.. happen to applejack...i cant stand back anymore!
Applejack looked back up, suprised at what she saw.. "....Fluttershy..." whispered Applejack in awe.

Fluttershy had strung her bow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Checkmate!" giggled the High Mage of Celesta's court with glee at her less-then surprised opponent. Rarity knew she couldn't beat Twilight at a game of minds; the pony is just too good at that! But I suppose that’s how she became High Mage, and I’m stuck as Adviser.

This room was huge, decorated in the finest colors, and stuck full of an innumerable number of books of history, magic and other such things, along with gilded wooden bookshelves. It looked like a wonderful place to live, but Twilight hated being alone, which she so often was. Rarity looked at the fancy golden clock that just struck noon on the wall, "Oh my! Look at the time, I’m sorry my dear Twilight, I’ve got a meeting with a very important pony, and I don’t want to be late! You understand, don’t you?" apologized Rarity. Twilight looked a bit disappointed but relented. "Oh, of course you can go, I’m sorry for keeping you. I should have known, you are a busy pony and all." she said in a tone that hinted at her loneliness.

Rarity turned towards the door but hesitated before she left the room. That pony needs to get out more, maybe get something stiff between her legs once and a while.. She thought as she smiled and closed the door with a loud thud behind her and started walking down the Extravagant looking hallway, off towards the royal guests’ room. Hmn..speaking of something hard between the legs... Rarity stopped at a door, leading to one of the guest rooms given to Celestia's nobles. She raised her hoof and knocked on the door three times. which, after a few seconds had opened up. Inside was Prince Blueblood himself.

He wore a confused look upon his face and was about to ask a question. But Rarity stopped him with a hoof over his mouth "Shhh, my prince.. im only here to please." she whispered into his ear as she led him to the bed. His Bewildered expression faded and was replaced with a naughty smirk. Rarity smiled.. and closed the door.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The High Mage giggled as the chamber door shut. "She took her sweet time! Poor Rarity, always helping others, usually with her body! How generous!" Snickered Twilight as she reset her chess board. But the lowly pathetic filly act seems to be working quite well, everyone has mistaken me for a confused fool! Twilight got out of her seat and walked over to a nearby bookcase. Oh my is it fun to deceive! Sadly, there's no challenge anymore, I've got everyone fooled! Her hoof pulled a secret lever cleverly cloaked as a book called 'Secret Secrets Kept Secret', which happened to be one of the High Mages Favorite. The book case began to rumble.

But Twilight was unimpressed, bored even. She yawned as the extravagant bookcase slowly traveled to the right, revealing a hidden passage traveling into the ancient stonework of the wall. The stone hallway continued a long distance before ending with a large wooden door that looked stocky and unkempt. Twilight snickered again at an unknown joke and started down the hallway nonchalantly, the bookcase closed behind her. The pitch black hallway took a purple hue as Twilight lit her horn, Throwing a unnatural, almost creepy tone. As she reached the door it's material changed from the old wood, into a velvet silk of the finest quality. Twilight looked reassured and smirked as she turned the soft golden silk knob. The door opened without a sound, fluttering in the wind that was never there. The room literally unfolded before her, the rooms made of shadow and stars, the floor made of the same as the door.

Twilight closed her eyes and walked to the center of the room, She danced a little waltz on the way, and smiled a haunting smile. Once there, she hopped onto a bed she imagined was there, and surprisingly, it was there, and it was velvet and soft as the winds that carry leaves. As if reassured by what happened, Twilight imagined a field filled with dancing flowers, she imagined great forests that reach for the skies... She opens her eyes. Twilight looked around the room and saw blood dripping onto the floor from hanging bodies, she smiled as she smelled the decay of dead innocents, and she reveled in hearing the screams of the tortured. Then everything went back to blackness and stars. She giggled a little fillies giggle, and got under her covers.

She imagined the future she was working for...

And smiled