• Published 3rd Jul 2018
  • 770 Views, 7 Comments

Sniper of Equestria - craz3br0ny



This fic is a halo/mlp crossover, and it takes place after the events of Rise of the Eternity (the JFK Studios® halo machinima), during the events of Halo Wars 2 and Season 7 of MLP FiM.

  • ...
3
 7
 770

Chapter 1

Date: October 7, 2563
Time: 0600 Hours
Location: Orbit around Planet Equis


It's been four years, seven months and ten days since they've been drifting in the unknown galaxy. The Starry Eclipse then caught the orbit of an “unknown” planet. And surprise surprise, couple of Covenant ships trailed and boarded the Eclipse. Jesabel woke up to hear the alarms go off, telling her that the ship is being boarded. She checked the ship’s status, she knew it was bad but not that bad. She only had one option.

“Wake up, Klarke.” She called to him in his cryo-tube. “I need you.”

Josh Klarke is about to be awakened.

He wakes up slowly, hearing Jesabel calling his name. “Josh! Easy, you've been out for a while.”

“Where are we?” He asked her.

“We’re still drifting on the Eclipse.” She answered as she pulls up the holographic console.

“What’s going on?” He asked her again, as he's regaining his strength.

“Hang on. Bringing your systems online now.” She told him as she's updating his helmet’s HUD. “I rewrote your suit's firmware while you were out."

Josh chuckled, “You've been busy." Jesabel chuckled back.

"Activating the ships's gravity generators." The drifting crates and debris in the room drop on the floor as she turns the gravity on. Josh pulls the cryo-tube's manual release lever. The cryo-tube opens and Josh steps out, grabbed his weapons and walks over to the holo-tank that Jesabel is occupying.

"Seems like old times." She said with nostalgia.

"Ready to get back to work?" Josh asked her. Jesabel crosses her arms and answered, "I thought you'd never ask." Josh pulls Jesabel out of the holo-tank and inserts it into his neural interface. They were back in ‘business’.

"We've got intrusion alerts lighting up on multiple decks.” She informed him, “Our best bet to figure out who's boarding us is the observation deck - four floors up."

"Could it be a rescue team?" He asked her.

The ship shakes violently, making Josh’s question answered. Twice.

"I wouldn't bet on it." Jesabel said to him with slight sass.

He moved out of the cryobay. And down a couple of hallways.

"How long was I out?" He asked her. Wanting to know how long it's been.

“Four years, seven months, ten days." She answered, making Josh wonder, "Lilly should have found us by now."

Josh enters a circular room with a center console displaying a holographic replication of the Eclipse's predicted drift course, showing the ship being pulled toward a red icon. Suddenly, a large, orange wave of energy scans the ship, producing a loud noise and disrupting all electronics.

Josh aims at the orange wave. "What's that?"

Jesabel answered, "Sensor scan, high intensity. Doesn't match any known patterns."

Josh stayed focus on his current objective. "How close are we to the observation deck?" He asked her.

"It's directly above us."

Josh leaves the circular room and leads into another rectangular room with an elevator.

"The elevator doors look sealed tight." Jesabel said.

“Heh, not for long…” Josh approaches the elevator doors and pries them open with his bare hands.

“Josh, be careful!" she told him worriedly.

Josh successfully gets through the elevator doors. The elevator shaft has been depressurized causing a few crates to hit him from outside the elevator shaft. He grabs the side of the elevator shaft, avoiding falling debris from the top of the shaft, while slowly climbing the shaft to reach the next level.

"Because some areas might have lost pressure!" She said, bluntly.

"Right." Josh said sheepishly. He climbs a few feet. Debris falls from the top of the shaft and he is forced to act fast.

"Hey, watch out!" Jesabel warned him.

He jumps to the left, managing to avoid the falling debris.

"I didn't realize the ship had deteriorated so badly." Jesabel said sheepishly as Josh continues to climb up. He then manages to climb to the top of the shaft, avoiding falling debris. After stepping into the opening to the next level at the top of the shaft, a Sangheili wielding an Energy Sword emerges from the smoke. Josh blocks the Sangheili's sword strike, punches it in the side of the head, then grabs it's jaws and throws it down the depressurized elevator shaft. The shaft's door locks behind him.

"I thought we were done with the Covenant." Josh said. Sounding unamused.

"A lot can happen in four years.” Jesabel said, “Either way, he's probably not alone. We should be careful."

Josh continues and enters the Observation Deck. The windows are covered by the blast shields. A Sangheili is fiddling with the console, while multiple Unggoy are patrolling on the lower deck. He then assassinated the Sangheili, alerting all of the Unggoy. But he had his suppressed pistol and took them all out, silently.

“That's the last of them.” Jesabel said with slight relief. “Find the override for the blast shields so we can see what we're up against."

Josh heads for the controls and activates the override, the blast shields begin to open.

"The good news is these Covenant aren't outfitted like standard military.” She said, “It's possible we just came across a rogue salvage ship."

The blast shields open all the way. A Covenant fleet consisting of several CRS-class light cruisers are seen holding position in front of the Eclipse. A weird planet can be seen in the background. A formation of Banshees fly close to the observation deck windows and flies away.

Jesabel is so unamused. "…or we might have stumbled into an entire Covenant fleet."

"Maybe they haven't recognized us." Said Josh, making some possibilities for her. Just then, Two Phantoms, carrying landing craft, lower into their view.

"That's one possibility." She agrees.

The Phantoms fly to both sides of the Observation Deck.

Jesabel warned him, "Landing craft, flanking us!"

The landing craft breach the glass, the Deck begins to lose pressure. Several Covenant troops board the ship.

Josh picks up a DMR laying beside the console. And using his marksman skills, pops the head of all the Unggoy, then he pulls out his sniper, at close range, he shot both Sangheili. He reloads his weapons. "We need to get off this ship." He told her.

"We've got bigger problems.” Jesabel informed him, “We've got a cruiser on an intercept course. Head for the elevator banks."

Josh heads for the elevators. Then he remembered something. "Didn't the ship's sensors say we still had weapon systems online?"

"Yes, but since the ship was torn in half, we can't access the weapons stations.” Jesabel bluntly said. “We'll have to fire them manually from the outer hull."

Josh enters an elevator and rides it down a few floors until it opens to another hallway. He fights through more Covenant forces eventually reaching a stairway.

“Look!” Jesabel told Josh. He then looks at the Covenant cruiser. "That cruiser's shields are down.” She informed him, “Assuming they don't raise them, that missile's going to be one heck of a surprise."

Josh chuckles and continues on encountering more resistance. After killing four Unggoy with his suppressed pistol he realized, "These Covenant seem more fanatical than the ones we fought before."

Josh encounters more Covenant forces, this time including Kig-Yar. He threw some grenades under them and ‘boom’ the grenades did their job. He moves on.

"How far to the missile?" He asked her.

"We're just about there." She said to him. Josh enters a large room and meets more Covenant forces, defeating them. Josh eventually makes his way to an airlock.

"The auxiliary launch station should be on your left out of the airlocks." She informed him, then Josh notices some distortion appeared on his HUD.

"You'll have to prime the launch for ignition." Jesabel said with distortion. Making Josh worry. "Jesabel?"

"It's nothing. Just get to the launch station."

The airlock doors opens revealing the Eclipse has moved closer to the planet but she noticed something.

"Uh-I'm sorry, did I miss orbiting a planet with a HALO RING at some point?" She said with quite a shock.

"One thing at a time." He said to her, calming her down a little. Josh makes his way over to the launch station encountering Sangheili, Kig-Yar, and Unggoy Rangers.

"Josh, you need to find the missile controls." She said to him as he's fighting Covenant. He reaches the launch station and activates the controls.

"Launch initiated." She said. The silo door on the far side opens, a missile rises, preparing to launch, but one of the blast doors is jammed.

"Great. The blast door's jammed.” She said, unamused. “The missile won't fire until it's cleared. Get down there!"

Phantoms drop more troops into the area, forcing Josh to take them out with his sniper before he can launch the missile. He eventually defeats the Covenant forces and approaches the blast door. Josh pushes, and then kicks the blast door to its proper position.

"You did it!” She cheered. “Get back."

The missile launches, destroying the cruiser, which was charging its energy projector. The cruiser shatters into pieces and the debris drifts over the Eclipse. Suddenly, an orange light from the ring scans Josh.

"Josh?" She said with worry.

Josh had realized it. "The Covenant weren't the one's scanning us."

A bright light appears from the ring. Like it's charging a beam to destroy a ship.

"So now can we worry about the halo that's ORBITING THE PLANET!?" Jesabel noticed the light, and realized, "It's charging it's beam to destroy the ship!"

Just hearing that made him worry. But he realized that the only way they’ll be safe is by landing on the planet beside the ring.

“We've gotta hurry, the second it fires once we’re in the planet’s orbit, the ship’s derbis are going to tear us apart."

"Where are the closest escape pods?" He asked her.

"Aft vehicle bay!” Jesabel told him. “I'm tagging the closest airlock, go!"

Josh heads for the airlock and makes it inside. He then head back into another hallway. Then down another hallway, the floor collapses slightly before he can reach the end. Josh heads into a room with a few Unggoy, the floor collapses, forcing him to go around the perimeter of the room.

"All but one of the grav generators just went dark." Jesabel informed him with so much worry.

Josh calmed her down best he can. "Just keep me pointed at that vehicle bay."

Josh enters a large room with more panicking Unggoy, the ship continues to collapse around him. He continues toward the vehicle bay, a wounded Sangheili limps down the hallway.

"We're almost there!" Jesabel said to him. He continues on. Just as he makes it to the vehicle bay, one of the doors is ripped out. The room is de-pressurizing.

"Josh!" She screamed. He tries to hold onto the door but can't. He manages to grab hold of a railing.

“Hold on!" Of course Jesabel would be worried if anything happened to him. He took care of her before his mother died to a Covenant Sniper. The railing eventually gets pulled out, he gets pulled out of the ship and into the debris field. Covenant ships are also being blown to bits by sentinals protecting the ring.

"We're gonna die..." Jesabel said with tons of worry.

"Can you track the escape pods?" He asked her.

"Negative!” She answered, then notices covenant cruisers. “Look out!"

Josh continues to drift through the debris. One of Eclipse's debris hits a cruiser, causing an explosion on the Covenant warship. He drifts through the hole in the cruiser the explosion left. Suddenly, a piece of debris flies at him.