• Published 5th Sep 2012
  • 496 Views, 9 Comments

The Adventures of Zann: Zann in Equestria - ZannTheSword



Zann finds himself in a post apocalyptic ponyverse finding inspiration for his new novel

  • ...
 9
 496

Chapter 1: Arrival in Equestria

Chapter 1: Arrival


The sun was rising over mountains to the west. Light glimmered off dew that would show shivering rainbows on the leaves and grass. Most of the sky was still dark, and an overcast of dark clouds drifted lazily in the sky. Zann awoke lying on wet grass but it was hard to tell, He felt… different than usual. His bright blue bangs still hung over one eye, his smile was still beaming, and he could feel the weight of his necklace on his chest, but something felt… different. Then he suddenly realized he was naked, he leapt off the ground reaching for leaves or something to cover his Wang-dang-doodle then saw something most curious. He no longer had hands; in his hands place were hoof like things. He quickly looked around and upon seeing a small pond, quickly making a break for it. He flew towards it in a flash and hovered generously above the pond. His eyes now seeing a sight even more curious than before, he was a horse, more or less. He had wings that he wouldn’t need, and on his forehead was a smooth spot where a horn might have been at one point in time. Does this make him a Pegasus, or a Unicorn, he wasn’t quite sure. This was the first time he had transformed against his will, and he equally unsure about as to why this would happen. At least he wasn’t going to have to look for food, as a horse he could just eat the apples off the trees. The need for a shelter on the other hand was fast approaching, it would soon rain and he would have to pull in wood to keep dry. He had been building shelters for so long that his new form would do nothing to hinder him. He remembered when his father teaching him how, and the frustration his father would have when Zann didn’t get it right on the first try. His brother Kai was the gifted one, he finished things instantly, but Kai never had the pressure that Zann had.

The odd thing was he could still grab things with his new hooves. Just like a hand he could feel his invisible fingers grabbing the wood. The sensation was even odder; it was much like how Zann imagined it would feel for Styrofoam to touch Styrofoam. The little squeak of it always sent a shiver down his spine, and made his lips tighten. He worked through the feeling, weaving branch over branch creating a five foot by five foot slab which will be a piece of roof. He wasn’t quite as tall and didn’t need as much for a shelter which a definite advantage for his new form. The sun had finally passed over the mountains in full yet the sky did not brighten any further, and the clouds in fact had gotten gloomier than before. He could feel the rain welling up, and preparing for the fall. He liked the rain, he liked storms, but even he could get sick if he stayed out in one for too long without warmth.

Zann found a rock face with a jutting overhang to which he secured his easily made roof, and attached logs to the piece to turn it into a latch, which could double as a door. Less than an hour, he noted was about how long it took to make this shelter. The dark clouds continued to creep by and a trickle began to fall. He had gathered all of the wood he would need a few moments before the trickle and smiled in succession leaning back onto the cold rock, and enjoying the sound rain. He was comfortable and this was one of his favorite parts of traveling. The quiet rustle of trees as the wind blew, the tapping of rain, and the relaxation that so rarely comes to him. This time he had all three and even the cold of the stone pressing against his back did nothing to change his sunny disposition. Sadly the clouds were still on the move, and the sun began to hide behind the dark puffs and was no longer warming his face. Shadows quickly spread over the forest and Zann began to compile his fire. He placed the pieces in a rock shallow where the rain wasn’t trying to pelt, and he began to stare at the pieces. One deep breath then two, he placed his hooves over the wood and closed his eyes. Another deep breath and his new hooves began to warm and a fire had sprung from the wood. He had a gift with most things, including little tricks like these. He wasn’t always this way. He had trouble with every power he gained, but he knew he had time to master anything he wished. He loved the elements of nature, which loved him back most of the time. He rolled his hoof around in the flames feeling its warmth yet it never burned, not once. He let out a sigh of happiness and leaned back against the wall again, reaching into his mind to pull a bag out of the air. The bag ofcourse had its usual contents, two notebooks and spare clothing that he did not think he would need. There were other things in the bag such as an old book with the letter’s R. A. blazed on the cover, and a silver ring with an engraving that read, “My Love”. Something was missing from the bag, the Infinity Orb, and a letter with Kai’s handwriting sitting in its place.

“Dear Zann,
You will not be able to exchange your powers in this world, so I took the liberty of relieving you of an unwanted weight.

Yours Sincerely, The Haven Gate”

Zann sighed once more, this time in disdain for the gate. The gate always liked to make things a little harder for him; he only wished that the gate would at least warn him first. He had four powers equipped plus the immortal fists techniques, but he hated not having a wide variety and literally having a bag of tricks. He shrugged it off and reached out for the note book. He opened it to page one and he began to write, the start was always the hardest part. He wrote about turning into a horse and quickly found himself with nothing else to write. He reached for the other notebook and sketched his surroundings. He took his time letting every stroke be meaningful and capturing the grace of the silver lined mountains. The tree’s were always a little difficult for him, putting in little details even in this dark lighting was a challenge. He erased the base of a tree to do it over again when he saw that it was different. He stared at the change for a while before he realized what it was. A Dragon holding a bleeding horse being followed by a wolf, and they were heading in his direction.





Note: the infinity orb can hold an infinite amount of powers but a single person can only be equipped with 3-4 powers at once. There have only been 2 infinity orbs in existence, and the other is broken.
Note 2: I also haven't fully decided on what powers Zann will have in this story, Flight of course, and i think im going to go with his usual other 3 (Hell aura, Beautiful world aura, and Telekinesis)
Note 3: i'll put anything that was established in a previous Zann Adventure in the notes, sadly most of my previous ones were destroyed because my older computer no longer exists, thanks for reading chapter 1, please comment, thumbs up thumbs down if you didnt like it (if you dont like it i REALLY WANT A COMMENT as to why so i can do better in later chapters), ect.