• Published 30th Jul 2012
  • 2,336 Views, 118 Comments

I'm in Love with the Mailmare - brycewhalen



Golden Scale wants to start a new, simple life in Ponyville, but falling in love with the mail woman makes it rather difficult. Humanized Equestria.

  • ...
14
 118
 2,336

Chapter 3

I grunted to myself as I walked home. “I’m so stupid. ‘Know where I can get some furniture?’ I think I might cut myself.” I turn around to face the levitating piece of furniture behind me. “Fuck you, Sofa!” After totally messing up earlier with Ditzy, I decided to actually get a sofa at that place she mentioned. They were having a sale. For every piece of furniture you buy, you get a free quill. I don’t care what anyone says, I look stylin’ with this feather on my ear.

As I was approaching my home I noticed something. In front of my house, was a black, demonic carriage. We all know what that means. Ol’ Princess Luna came for a visit. As I walked up the pathway leading to the door of my house, I waved at the two guards next to the carriage. Those guys are like stone. I don’t like it when I don’t get a reaction, so I took out my trusty permanent marker. They knew what was coming next and moved inside of the carriage. I was known for drawing mustaches on people when they didn’t react to me. I’m a kid at heart.

I opened my door expecting to find Luna wandering around my empty house, but instead I find her sitting on a couch, watching TV, in my fully furnished house. My jaw hit the ground. The living room at the front of the house had a wide, plasma screen TV, a coffee table, and said couch with two night stands on both sides. The dining room had a huge, oval, glass table surrounded by six carved, wooden chairs with cushions. Luna noticed me, got up from the comfiest looking couch I have ever seen and said in a hushed tone, like she always does, “GREETINGS, MY FAIR SUBJECT!!! IT IS I, YOUR DEAR PRINCESS LUNA!!!” That last joke was oozing sarcasm.

Anyway, once my eardrums recovered, I said “I’m not your subject. I’m your friend. Lulu, how did you know where I live?”

“I’m the princess! I know everything.” She was speaking normally now.

“What’s the meaning of the life?”

“42.”

“Lucky guess.” We shared a laugh at my reference to a movie that doesn’t exist. I return to looking at my once empty house. She was wearing a black gown, that sparkled whether in light of darkness. Her black wings could have been mistake for the night. Her black hair shined just as much as her gown, blowing in the nonexistent wind. No, wait. I sensed the air conditioner is on. It was probably blowing because of that. “Is all this really for me, Lulu?”

She gave me a smile. “Why? Do you not like it? I could always send it back,” she said mockingly.

“No!” I jumped the trigger a little too quickly. She continued to smile at me and I just walked up and hugged her. I’m a huggy person. “Just… Thank you Luna.”

Luna returned my hug. “If you really wanted to thank me, you’d come back Canterlot.” Ah, I see.

“Nah. Canterlot is too stuffy.” I put on an idea face as I release her from our hug. “I know! Why don’t you move here?”

“YOU FOOL!!!” she screamed, face blushing uncontrollably. “HOW DARE YOU ASK SOME AS HIGH CALSS AS MYSELF TO LIVE WITH SUCH A PESANT!!!” I couldn’t help but laugh. She always got upset easily. “Well, I have royal matters to attend to.” She walked past me, not giving me a second look. “I may perhaps visit you at a later date.”

“You’re welcome here any time.” I was about to enter my house and view the rest of the rooms when Luna turned around and hugged me again.

“Thank you,” she whispered. She released me and headed back to the carriage.


Me and Luna are like best friends. It all started when I was sent to the moon five years ago. You see, what happened was I lost a bet, and had to ask Princess Celestia out on a date. Instead of her nobly rejecting me, which I expected, she became flustered and next thing I knew, I was on the moon.

At first I freaked the hell out. “Oh no! Don’t tell me I’m gonna be stuck here for a thousand years!” I screamed like that for about an hour before I got bored of it and started wandering around. I saw what you would expect to see on the moon. Space and rocks. Tons of it. Surprisingly, the moon has an atmosphere much similar to Equestria’s. I can breathe easily. Learn something new everyday.

After about three hours of exploring, I stumbled upon a cave. It looked ominous and dark. Curiosity took over and walked into the cave’s blackness. I used I light spell to illuminate my way. I got deeper into the cave when I notice what looked like writing on the walls. I lifted the orb of light to the wall. What I saw… would make any man cry. It was writings on the wall. They read things like “I’m so lonely,” and “I want my sister.”

I became light headed as memories, memories not my own, flushed through my head. Nothing but space and rocks. For one thousand years, nothing but space and rocks. My eyes began to water as I came to realize what I was seeing. Princess Luna’s memories. Nightmare Moon wasn’t just sent to the moon. Luna was too. One thousand years of no one to talk to beside your own thoughts. One thousand years of loneliness. I start to bawl. That all to familiar pain grew in my center. I fell to my knees and just wept.

It wasn’t long after that before a pink shroud of magic covered me and I was once again in the throne room of the palace in Canterlot. “I’m sorry Scales. I didn’t mean to send you to the moon. It’s just that it’s been a long time since…” I tuned out Celestia. I didn’t care for what she had to say at the moment. Right now, I need to find Luna. I need to comfort her. I got off the ground and bursted out of the throne room. “Scales? Where are you going?” Celestia calls out for me but I’m already long gone.

I burst into Luna’s room and find her sitting in front of a mirror, brushing her hair. She turns around to face me, startled by the sound of the slamming door. “WHAT DOST THOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!?!? BURSTING INTO THE PRIVATE QURTERS OF A PRINCESS!?!?” She screams at me using the Royal Canterlot Voice.

I walk up to her and wrap my arms around her, tears still flowing from my face. “I’m so sorry.” She squirms in my arms trying to break free of my grasp but I just tighten it.

“HOW DARE YOU GRAB HOLD OF ME!!!” She’s still screaming at me.

“I’ve been to the moon Luna.” She stops squirming. “I saw your cave and the writings and I am so sorry.”

“Twas not me.” She’s done screaming. “Twas Nightmare Moon who wrote-”

“No it wasn’t!” It was my turn to scream and will not let her finish that sentence. “Nightmare Moon wasn’t the only one sent up there! You were too!” I feel her eyes begin to tear up. “You were there Luna! No one should ever have to go through the pain you went through. That pain, I know, is agonizing. That pain of feeling alone. The pain of feeling no one wants you.” She wraps her arms around me embracing me, bawling like I once did. “One thousand year of no one to talk to! One thousand years of being all by yourself! The anguish you felt inside must have been unbearable but, I know that pain far to well! I really do! That yearning, wanting to reach out to someone close to you, only for them to be too far out of grasp, and they may be forever! I know that pain! I know that pain…”

We stood their for what seemed like hours, days even, holding each other in our grasps, comforting each other. I really did know that pain. Luna cried into my chest as I cried into her hair. “You’ll never have to be alone again Luna. Never again….”


I waved to Luna as her chariot flew away. She waved back with a smile. I walked back inside my house, heading towards the bedroom. I opened the door to find a cloud with a comforter over it. Literally. A cloud was in the middle of my bedroom with a comforter over it. I take a seat of the side of the bed. That was my first experience with a cloud and I have now decided it shall be my death bed.

Next thing I noticed was a big wardrobe. It was made out of wood, mahogany I think, and was excellently crafted. One thing I found weird abut it though was this knob at the center. Apparently, this wardrobe has settings, LR and W. It was set to LR. I had no clue what it meant. Anyway curious of what the inside looked like I opened the two doors of the wardrobe. I found not clothes but a portal… to Luna’s room. I get it now. I close the door and turn the knob to the W, opened the doors and found clothes. LR stands for Luna’s Room and W stand for wardrobe. Remember this for future problems.

The other two bedrooms were empty. I guess I need to fill up those rooms. I wandered through the house checking to make sure I had everything. I seemed to have everything to live a simple life, even a computer. I walked out to the backyard to see if there was anything out there. My jaw hit the ground again. In my backyard was a stable with one animal in it. That animal… was a fucking ostrich. I began crying tears of joy. Luna always knew I wanted an ostrich. Ostriches gave me a sense of false superiority. Just think about. OH you want to fight me? Hold on a sec, just let me get on my FUCKING OSTRICH!!! I slowly stepped towards the ostrich. It noticed me and began doing the same. We were about arms distance away when it started inspecting me. It gazed at my head, body, everything. It than sat down in front of me, with an approving look on its face. I stepped behind it and put one leg over its torso. The ostrich got up with me on its shoulder and started walking. All I could do was cry. Thank you Luna. My tears of joy were cut short when we ran into the side of my house.






Okay I'm going on vacation today wand wanted to upload this chapter because I love you. Chapter 4 should come out next week. Chapter 4 should also be less sappy. I think there will be some sappy. Also, I need an editor, with awesome grammar, and know better words than I do. If you want to my editor send me a message. Kthnxbai.