• Published 21st Jun 2018
  • 791 Views, 7 Comments

Sun Equestria Girls Adventure: Movie Magic - Pinkie Pie Sweets



Sun and her friends go to a studio for the Daring Do movie, but things are happening and important props have been stolen.

  • ...
 7
 791

Chapter 3: The Case of the Missing Relics

Hearing the shocking news from Rainbow and Juniper, everyone have gone to the Tricorner set to see what has happened. They see that the relics are taken from the case where they are kept safe.

"I wanted to check them out again up close, and they weren't there!" Rainbow explains in a panic.

"This can't be happening! What are we gonna do?!" Canter panics.

Sun asks, "Couldn't you just get the prop department to make new ones?"

"I'm afraid it's not very simple," Painter says.

"What you mean dad?" Falling Star asks.

"You see, I helped Ms. Yearling design and made the relic. Even if I made new copies of the relics, we will still need A.K Yearlings approval," Painter explains.

Then Canter says, "You think it'd be easy to reach someone who is always holed up in her office writing, but Miss Yearling is a very difficult woman to track down."

"So it looks like their hands are very tied on this one," Sun replies.

"I'm afraid so," Canter sadly answers.

"I-It'll be okay, though, right?" Rainbow asks looking very worried.

"Chestnut's contract with us is almost up, and with Mount Vehoovius collapsing, and now this, I fear we'll have to stop production altogether!" Canter explains the situation.

The girls becomes stunned to hear what will happen.

"But-but you have to finish this movie! Think of all the Daring Do fans who'll be so disappointed if you don't!" Rainbow says, sounding upset.

Then Twilight asks, "Are you sure there's nothing you can do to…"

Just then crashing noises comes from the wreckage.

Canter becomes more stressed, and says, "I'm so sorry. Please excuse me."

Canter leaves the scene to check on the situation along with Painter. Juniper lets out a weak smile and leaves with the group. Everyone left the scene all except for Sun and her friends. They become concern that if these problems won't stop, the movie will have to be shut down. In fact, there seem to be a strange pattern coming around since they come to the studio.

"Is it just me or is somthin' strange is going on here?" Applejack asks, looking curious.

Adagio nods her head, "I have to agree. There's been a lot of problem the production's been facing today."

"I agree as well. I remember hearing that the costume Daring supposed to wear for the nightclub scene is missing," Rarity says.

"And the volcano my dad built collapsed, and dad noticed the support beams were almost cut through," Falling Star adds.

Then Rainbow says, "And now the relic, the most important part of the movies are gone!"

"Sounds to me that all these problems are no coincidence," Twilight says.

Sun looks at the case as she says, "Me either. All the things that have gone wrong have production put on hold. Someone is going through a lot of trouble to be sure the movie doesn't get made."

"Who would want to do something like that?" Nina asks.

"I got one suspect in mind, Chestnut Magnifico," Adagio firmly says.

Rarity gasps, "But it can't be."

"She's right, my aunt wouldn't do something like this," Falling Star agrees.

"True, but she does have a motive. However, it doesn't fully guaranteed she did it," Adagio explains.

Rainbow fake coughs, and asks, "Uh guys, how about filling us in?

Fluttershy, Adagio, Falling Star, and Rarity look at the others who are confused about the subject.

Fluttershy explains, "While we were visiting Chestnut to her trailer, we overheard her saying about shutting down a movie."

"Sadly, we don't know what that is. We weren't sure if she was talking about this movie. And besides, my aunt loves reading the Daring Do books and loves playing Daring Do," Falling Star adds.

Pinkie jumps in, and says, "Maybe she's just really mad that they're always low on her imported butter praline crunch bars."

Sun takes the wrapper from her pocket, and says, "Bon Mot Peanut Butter Praline Crunch Bars."

"That's the one," Pinkie replies.

"We tried some of those ourselves," Spike sheepishly adds.

Sun says, "We found this on the Mount Venhoovis set before it collapsed. It does seem that the clues are pointing to her."

"But who else would have a motive beside her? It does seem that Chestnut is doing it?" Sonata asks.

Arai scratches her chin, "Well, there was Juniper Montage, the director's niece. She said that she tried to convince her uncle to let her play Daring Do, but didn't go for it. She might have a reason for sabotaging it."

"But this is her uncle's production. She wouldn't do something like this. Neither would Chestnut, she is a famous actress and would never do something this dramatic," Rarity sternly protests.

"And actress, dramatic, never," Sun remarks.

"We have two suspects and neither one of them was at the Mount Venhoovis set when it collapsed so either one of them would have time to take the relics," Applejack asks.

Then Sun informs her friends, "Alright, why don't Fluttershy, Pinkie, Adagio, Spike and I follow Chestnut and see if we can find anything? Falling Star, you Aria, Nina, and Sonata try to find Juniper."

The two group goes their separate ways to find their potential suspect.

As they leave, Twilight says, "Meanwhile, the rest of us will try to find the relic."

"Where do we even start? It's not like there's some mysterious, thievin', cloaked figure we can chase after and say, 'Hey, tell us where you're keepin' the relics!'" Applejack asks, and hollers at the last sentence.

Just then, Rarity notices someone wearing a black cloak, sneaking around.

She points out in question, "You mean like that one?"

The others turn to see a mysterious person wearing a black coat and bodysuit trying to sneak away, and stop to hear they have been spotted. Sadly, the bodysuit and the coat over their head is keeping them from being identified.

"Hey! Stop right there!" Rainbow demands,

However, the thief begins to run away from the scene. Rainbow uses the power of the geode she is wearing and runs with super speed to catch the culprit. The others becomes stunned and their hair becomes a mess after Rainbow's speed. Then they chase after them.

Rainbow continues to chase the mysterious person wearing the cloak. However, Rainbow is having trouble keeping up with the relic thief. After going through different set and other locations around the building, she has lost the mysterious person and look around to see which way they went. Twilight and the others are able to find them.

Rainbow pants after the speed she has taken, and complains, "I can't believe I lost them! My geode gives me super speed, but I guess being awesomely fast doesn't help when the person you're chasing knows their way around better than you do."

Sun and her group enter the back set, and Falling Star along with the others enter from the otherside.

"Hey, guys," sun says.

"Any luck findin' Chestnut?" Applejack asks.

"We couldn't find her," Sun answers.

"But we did find a cupcake fountain!" Pinkie cheers, pulling a cupcake from her hair. Then chomps it in her mouth.

"Then we got lost and somehow ended up here." Sun explains.

Then Twilight asks, "What about Juniper?"

"We couldn't find her either. We asked Canter and he wasn't sure where she is either," Aria answers.

"What's going on with you guys?" Sonata asks.

"We spotted this super-suspicious cloaked figure, but they got away," Rainbow answers."

Rainbow sighs, and says, "They're here somewhere."

Sun begins to think as she asks, "Hmm, Rainbow did you remember seeing anything before you notice the relics are gone? And did you get a good look at the person you saw in the cloak?"

"Well, I didn't notice anything. I just notice the relics are gone when I arrived. Then Juniper asked what happened. I didn't get a very good look at the person, but the person looks like they're around our height." Rainbow answers.

"That's something," Aria remarks.

"Let's go look around and see if we can find anything," Twilight says.

The girls begin to walk around to see if they can find anything. Only this time, they're sticking together. What they aren't expecting is that the person in the cloak have heard them talking, and decides to follow them.

Sun and the girls end up going to a different set. The surroundings are painted to be black, dark blue, and dark purple. There are round tables with chairs and has tablecloths. In the middle of the room is a large open space, and a stage with a few instruments, a piano, guitar, drums, and a flute. On top there are stage lights, a disco ball, and other decor. There's even a bar on one side of the room. The girls are amazed to see the set for the movie what will be made with it.

"Wow, this place is amazing," Pinkie says.

"It looks like a nightclub or something," Aria says.

Then Rainbow says, "This must be the nightclub scene Daring Do went in the movie."

"If there will be a movie," Rainbow says, feeling disappointed.

"The movie will go on. I think whoever is in that cloak must be the one who took the relics, and… I think the thief was getting the relics what were close to where you guys were at," Sun says.

Twilight understands what Sun is saying, "Right, whoever took the release must have hidden it somewhere in the Tri Corner Set."

"But we still need to take an account that the culprit knows their away around the studio in order to lose Rainbow, even when she used her super speed," Falling Star says.

"Which means, the thief has a lot of places to hid the relics even from plain sight," Aria adds.

"Yes, but I don't think they have time to take the relics off the loft yet, so we still have time," Twilight says.

Sonata sighs, "It's too bad the rest of us didn't bring our geodes, it will probably be easy to catch them."

"You're right," Fluttershy agrees.

Adagio looks on the stage, "And it looks like we're not the only ones here."

The others look to see a few people on the stage. They are look well dressed to be performers, and some are here for making sure the set is ready to be filmed.

Sun ends up recognizing one of the women, "Wait is that…"

Sun walks closer to notice a woman around their age with light aqua gray skin, dark indigo and light dark indigo with moderate blue hair.

Applejack is surprised to see the girls, and happily exclaim, "Rara!"

Sun and Applejack make their way towards the stage to see if that's the person they believe. The others are a bit confused about it.

"Rara, who is that?" Twilight asks.

Applejack and Sun walk up to the front of the stage to see some of the people talking.

Sun calmly asks, "Coloratura, is that you?"

The girl turns around to show the girl's have. She has blue eyes, wearing a black blouse with a black skirt with see through fabric over it, and wearing black shoes.

The girl smile and says, "Applejack, Sun?"

"I knew is yo, Rara. It's a pleasure seeing you here," Applejack says.

"I didn't expect to see you here," Coloratura says.

"Yeah. It's a long story. So what brings you here?" Sun happily replies.

"I'm practicing my singing for the nightclub scene," Coloratura answer.

"Really, so you're going to be in the Daring Do movie?" Applejack questions.

"I am," Coloratura answers.

The others come over looking amazed to see the famous singer here.

Twilight asks, "Applejack, Sun, you both know Countess Coloratura?"

"Yeah. Long story short, Rara and I know each other since our camping years," Applejack explains.

"And I met her at Las Pegasus a few years ago finding a ghost of a gangster," Sun answers.

Sonata is the first to speak up with glee, "Sounds cool."

"Wow, I had no clue you two are friends with a pop star," Aria remarks.

Coloratura smiles, and asks, "And who are your new friends? I remember Fluttershy, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie, but it looks like your group of friends increased hasn't it."

"You have no idea," Applejack says with laughter.

Sun then introduces to the others, "Yeah. We have Twilight Sparkle and her dog Spike, Falling Star, Adagio Dazzle, Aria Blaze, and Sonata Dusk.

Sun kneels down and picks up the wild cat, "And this is Nina."

"It's very nice to meet you all, so what brings you here?" Coloratura asks.

"We were invited to take a look at the Daring Do movie, but things are not going so well," Twilight answers.

"Someone's trying to sabotage the movie," rarity adds.

Then Rainbow says, "And now the Altoriosa Relics have been stolen."

"That's awful," Coloratura shockley says.

"But we know that someone in a cloak has the release, but must have hidden it. We were hoping to find'em and figure out who is behind this," Applejack explains.

"And we already have two suspects," Adagio adds.

"Wow, sounds like you girls have quite a case on your hands. And since you brought it up, someone tampered with my tea in hoping to mess up my voice. Sadly, my manager, Svengallop is the one who lost his voice," Coloratura says, thinking.

The girls becomes shocked to hear it.

"At least your safe. It's too bad for your manager," Rarity apologizes.

"It's okay. The doctor said that he'll be able to talk again in a few days," Coloratura says.

Then Sun asks, "Did you notice anything?"

"No not really, but someone has tampered the piano that we had to keep retuning it a couple of times," Coloratura answer.

"Anything else?" Twilight questions.

"No," Coloratura answers.

Rainbow sighs in disappointment, "Thanks anyway. We should get going and find the mysterious person in the cloak."

Rainbow is about to leave, but Rarity stops her, and turns to the singer, "Before we be on our way, do you think you can sing the songs you planned for the movie."

Coloratur smiles, and says, "Sure."

The girls are sitting on the tables and Coloratura is on stage with the microphone on the stick. And another person is sitting on a chair next to the piano. Right on que and the lights are dim. The piano plays a calm and quiet pace. Coloratura holds the microphone and she begins to sing.

Coloratura:

Floating beyond time, there's a city made of wind

Please dear, take me there

Where dreams draped in white flowers come true

Floating beyond time, there's a city made of wind

Please dear, take me there

Where dreams draped in white flowers come true

Hmm… Holding anxious hands

Calm me with a kiss and then

Please dear, guide me there

When all that was forgotten can bloom

And, darling, in the afternoon we'll sleep in the sun

And wake to a time when the hunting is done

And then when I see you

I'll know in my heart what I've won

And, darling, in the afternoon we'll sleep in the sun

And wake to a time when the hunting is done

And then when I see you

I'll know in my heart what I've won

Please dear, take me there

After Coloratura sings the last verse of the song, the girls clap with smiles on their faces.

"You still got it Rara," Applejack complements.

"Thanks," Coloratura says.

"Your singing is beautiful," Fluttershy happily replies.

"Yeah, it was great. But we should get going. We still need to find the relics and who is behind all this," Sun says.

Coloratura nods her head, and says, "I understand. I hope you find the relics."

"Thanks. Come on guys, let's go!" Rainbow says.

Saying their goodbyes, Sun and the girls leave the nightclub set so they can go figure out where to go next to find the relics or the mysterious shadow. They need to figure out where they are soon or the movie will be canceled. The girls are not going to give up that easily, but the mysterious person is not going to make it easy on them

Author's Note:

To the City of Wind from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Episode 19