• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 3,815 Views, 46 Comments

Fiend Shifter - Xinrick



End of the world sent me to a new world with cool powers...now I need to save my family.

  • ...
13
 46
 3,815

Chapter 11

In an undisclosed area of the Minotaur Lands, hidden within one of their long forgotten mines, stood Yevon as he raised his summoner’s staff high. “I summon thee.” He said as Pyreflies started to escape his body and coalesce into nine forms.

“What’s wrong this time Yevon?” Valefor, a female anthro hawk asked, her red feathers and fur sticking out from her soft golden dress and jewelry, her long ponytail resting on top of her shoulder going down the front of her chest.

“I need your help figuring out a way to get Anna to…” Yevon trailed off, not sure how to start this.


“See reason?” Mindy, the young bee girl and youngest of the Magus Sister Trio, guessed.

“Get her back to her full powers?” Mindy, a portly ladybug woman and the oldest of the Magus Sister Trio, guessed.

“Actually date you for all the shit Spiral’s been causing?” Mindy, the tall mantis woman and middle of the Magus Sister trio, inquired.

“Or all of the above cause you’ve always had trouble deciding on one course of action?” Shiva, the blue fair skinned woman, asked simply as she softly moved her blue and white crystalline cloak around to fit better against her lithe and shapely figure.

“You got it Shiva…” Yevon sighed out. “I don’t know how long I can keep Spiral at bay with how things are going…”

“Well so far she’s gotten Ifrit, so if she can figure out how to talk to the fiery bastard then she can hopefully see some reason.” Ixion, the tall grey and white furred unicorn stallion, answered.

“She barely knows how her powers work as is, and she just learned she’s a Goddess of Life…” Yevon sighed out.

“Please Yevon, calm yourself.” Anima said softly, her body the second tallest of the group as her body was covered in ancient sigils, talismans, and chains that held her boundless power in check. “I just hope my son hasn’t been...too much of a hassle for her.”

“He hasn’t done too much damage thankfully.” Yevon shook his head and took a deep breath. “But right now we need to come up with a plan to get her stronger, or at least help Life start to push back against death.”

“There’s a piece of Sombra’s soul in the Dragon Lands.” Bahamut, obsidian scaled dragon with an ornate karmic wheel floating between his wings and tallest of the group, answered. “If she’s not too busy we can coax her into hunting that part down and get her some dragon pyreflies.”

“You sure that will work?” Yevon inquired the dragon.

“Even if I’m from Spira, the name of Bahamut spans countless realities.” The dragon said honestly. “I’m still the King of Dragon’s, the oldest and strongest.”

“Now is that before or after we get into all the other version’s of yourself?” Yojimbo, the wandering samurai said as he softly pet his red furred dog Daigoro.

“Don’t even get me started…” Bahamut sighed out. “But it’s at least a start, plus the dragon’s on this world have a certain...specialty to them that could help Anna out.”

“How so?” Yevon inquired. “I haven’t had much time with Dragon’s, mostly because the dragon lands damn near kills any fiend that isn’t naturally born to fire, and anything that tries to fight a dragon get’s killed rather quickly.”

“Dragon’s are the strongest race on this planet excluding very specific individuals.” Bahamut explained. “Ageless, physically and magically gifted through thousands of years of training, study, and to a certain extent selective breeding, and they’re one of the closest races to the Breath of Life.”

“So that’s why…” Yevon muttered, remembering several reports on the history of this world that a few areas in this part of the world were actually created due to long dead ancient dragons, the ancient records stating that whenever a dragon of sufficient age and strength passed, it’s body would return to the Earth almost instantly and it’s body, once a proud and powerful visage, would become nothing more than hills, mountains, or other such terrain based on the type of dragon that died.

"So, get Anna to absorb both some Dragon Unset, the piece of Sombra, and use Bahamut here to telepathy her a date request?" Mindy stated.

“Whoa whoa hold on, a date!?” Yevon asked in surprise at how forward one of the aeon’s wanted him to be.

“My lord, reports state that Anna is heading to the Crystal Empire.” One of his followers came into report.

“Oh no…” Yevon muttered. “Do they even realize what’ll happen when she gets there?”

“What’ll happen?” Ixion inquired, not sure what might happen if she goes there.

“Effectively...the Crystal Heart that runs the entirety of the Crystal Empire would react with Anna’s godhood and…cause the entire empire to get a whole lot more ‘intimate’ as it were.” Yevon said carefully, now knowing there won’t really be a chance to get her to increase her power or at least gain one of her pyreflies.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Anna a God of Life? How exactly would that react with the heart to make everyone there… do that?" Bahamut asked.

“The Crystal Empire is run by the Alicorn of Love, Mi Amore Cadenza, or Cadence for short.” He started as he waved his staff, making the pyreflies form into the shape of the Alicorn in question. “The Crystal Heart was made to use the power of joy, love, and other positive emotions to make a powerful light based magical barrier around the empire to protect it from the frozen north it’s placed in...and the one emotion that is the most powerful there is Love...so what happens when you have an extremely powerful artifact that’s powered by love near a Goddess of Life, of fertility.” He said carefully.

"So, you're worried that when she arrives she and this Princess, whose name literally translates to My Love Song, will bring about excess fertility upon the subjects?" Mindy summarized. "Well, there are two options there then."

“And those two being?” Yevon asked carefully.

"We send something to attack and ruin that possibly, or you walk in and cause a whole slew of other things to happen. Also, how are you this awkward, you romance her fine in your Promise."

“Our Promise is a land outside of this, where I can escape my...past…” He said carefully, seeing the haunting glow of his symbol just out of the corner of his eye. “It’s...been difficult to suppress it as of late.”

“Or the writer’s need to change back.” Anima said honestly, the other Aeon’s looking at her like she said something weird. “What? I get summoned by an anchor into a different dimension, I know things.”

“Right…” Shiva started. “So what Mindy is saying...is that Yevon needs something important.” Shiva said with a growing grin.

“You mean it?” Valefor asked, her wing’s fluttering in excitement at what’s about to happen.

Yevon looked between the two, worry on his face. "What are you two planning?"


After Twilight calmed down from her realization that she'll be married to her brother, legally, we began packing. Gilda, Twilight and I were going up to the Empire to meet with Shining and Cadence to discuss this newfound event. “You know, I kind of expected Twilight to still be panicking in some other way at marrying her brother.” I said honestly.

"She's probably coping by pretending this is just a normal visit until reality hits again." Gilda replied, folding our luggage into the suitcases.

“Fair.” I nodded. “Hopefully this visit to the Crystal Empire won’t go terribly wrong like the first time.”

"Hopefully. So, anything you wanna do before we head out tomorrow?"

“Um…” I thought for a bit. “Is there anything we should do? I had a thought of getting Shining and Cadence something here as a little present, just to be nice and all.”

"Honestly, I'm a little curious on what Celestia and Inkwell do that made Luna get therapy."

“That’s a scary thought.” I said honestly. “Must be something pretty weird.”

"Yeah. Well, Inkwell did show up a little bit ago so, I wanna see if I can catch them in whatever acts they do together." Gilda chuckled as they zipped the bag up. "Bet Celeatia's Little Pink Book isn't so little."

“When you live as long as her, I’m pretty sure you get a few weird ideas.” I said honestly.

"Ten bits say she totally had a BDSM dungeon in Canterlot Castle."

“You know I can’t take that bet cause I’m pretty sure she actually does.” I chuckled, finishing up packing my luggage.

"Think she goes with leather or latex?"

“I don’t know actually.” I thought for a bit. “Both have their merits...depends on if she wants to be old school about it.”

"So, now that we're done… wanna find out?"

“Sure.” I nodded. “Let’s go see if Celestia does indeed have a bdsm sex dungeon...never before would I have thought I’d say that, even though I’m marrying literal gods.”

"You're one too." Gilda said, giving me a one armed hug. "A God I fucked and knocked up."

“And it was one of the best moments of my life.” I smiled, leaning up and kissing my sexy griffon’s cheek happily.

"Now then, let's go see what kind of pervert Celestia really is." Gilda said.

With a laugh I followed, walking down the halls and checking the private rooms. Eventually we did find one that was locked. Gilda managed to pick it upen and with a slow swing we opened it… then closed it.

We both walked away. "I regret this idea."

“What in the wide world would she need that much…” I shuddered. “Okay...forget weird, she’s just plain freaky…”

"And did you see how large her boobs were… damn… though I imagine that would basically give you a full body boobjob."

“That...doesn’t sound too bad…” I said honestly. “Breasts are amazing pillows...never thought of them as a bed before.”

"I'm pretty sure I could… put it inside one of her nipples… oh crap we're getting into her craziness aren't we?"

“To be honest...that’s not the weirdest thing we could have seen thankfully.” I started. “It could have been...a lot worse….but we probably should stop thinking about craziness like that…”

"... Right, right… So… think that was lube or body oil or… what Inkwell was soaked in?"

“As long as it’s not something weird and it’s hygienic.” I said honestly.

"Fair… so are you feeling… aroused too or is it just me?"

“I mean...a little yes.” I said carefully. “I mean...it was a little hot when you get past the...weirder things.”

"Alright good. I was worried it was just me for a second." Gilda sighed. "I bet Peppermint could pull something like that off without whatever crazy spells Celestia used…"

“I’m pretty sure she could…” I nodded in agreement. “But...at least we figured out why Luna needed therapy...and concerning that we might have accidentally found a new kink…”

"... I bet you could pull it off in your Monochrome form…" Gilda said.

I thought about that. As is I can basically carry Gilda on my knockers in that form… plus throw in some of the shape shifting and...

“Do you really want to do this?” I asked carefully, trying my best not to just pick him up and drag him to bed to have some weird fun.

"Well, I wouldn't be suggesting it if I wasn't interested. I won't lie, it's giving me a major Why Boner right now but considering thanks to you I better understand myself both as a person and sexually… I'd be willing to give it a go so long as it's with you first " Gilda stated.

I immediately shifted into Monochrome, picked up Gilda and headed to one of the unused guest rooms. “And we’re going to have all the fun as long as it doesn’t get too weird.” I said honestly.

"And if it does get too weird, we'll process if we're cool with it afterwards." Gilda agreed.

And so after three bottles of lube, some variously creative uses of Changeling Shape Shifting, and four hours later, Gilda and I showered together as the recent, interesting sexual activities were still fresh in our minds and the unique afterglow it provided. "It actually wasn't that bad." Gilda said. "They were heavy but not unpleasant and… it definitely was enjoyable feeling that across my entire body."

“And...what you did didn’t feel unpleasant either...weird, but not unpleasant.” I said honestly. “Plus having your entirety between my tits was nice.”

They gave a chuckle, helping to scrub my back. "And uh, speaking of what I did, how are the twins? I imagine feeling my… member rutt inside them was different."

"It most certainly felt weird, but not weird with what you did surprisingly." I said while softly squeezing my breasts at remembering it. "Was different...but kind of nice."

"Sorry in advance if you… lactate something other than milk for a bit…" They laughed weakly as they scrubbed my back. "I'd let you return the favor but I can't shapeshift… though I guess if we ever do this again with Celestia and Inkwell it can definitely be arranged."

"Oh I'm sure they'll be happy to share they're kinks with us." I said honestly. "And uh...it'll be weird to lactate that stuff…" I blushed brightly at the thought of that in public.

"Well, we are in the shower now so… want some help… milking it out before it becomes an issue?" Gilda asked as I felt them grab at my sides. Just below the twins.

"That would probably be for the best...and I hope this weird thought train doesn't lead me to having an exhibitionist fetish…" I muttered the last part to myself.

"Heh, to weird yet enjoyable sex." Gilda laughed as they reached up and… helped me clean up more.


I was back in Zanarkand. Everything was going well here now that there were, well, people here. The Changelings made this formerly empty city home and I was watching as they went around doing jobs and keeping the place looking lively. "And the crops just, poof, sprouted overnight." Tidus explained as we walked the streets. "Apples, wheat, everything. It was… surprising."

"Considering this world is stuck in the head of a Goddess of Life...I'm not surprised." I said honestly. "But the changelings have sure made this place home...and now I'm curious as to how many picked up Blitzball."

"Some. While they did make two teams to play against each other the main tournament things, you know the ones, are not able to be played by either. I guess one or the three of us has to be there for it to begin."

"And Jecht is just rolling in the praise for being one of the best here?" I asked

"Showing off daily… to make it worst he somehow got Chrysalis to be his personal cheerleader and her uniform… is not standard issue…" Tidus sighed. "Course Ocellus is almost as bad. I don't think she quite gets clothes yet…"

"I wouldn't be surprised if they're dating already." I shook my head.

"Me neither…" Tidus sighed. "So, how have you been lately?"

“Oh you know, same old same old.” I said honestly. “Going to visit Cadence and Shining Armor cause I’m going to marry them...as well as Twilight who’s probably ignoring the fact she might have to marry her brother because of me.”

"Well, is that so bad? It will just be on paper and it's not like they're gonna be screwing so, it's mostly just for legality and political reasons."

“I think it’s more her panicking about the possibility that I’m in the middle of those two during...fun times as it were.” I said carefully.

"Well, you kinda will be, but even so you're all adults." Tidus shrugged. "So aside from political marriages, anything new abilities wise miss Goddess of Life?"

“Not really… just me possibly learning how my past lives cause...that’s a massive thing right now.” I said. “By the way, has anyone seen Ifrit? Cause I absorbed his Fayth and...well I haven’t heard him or seen hide nor hair of him.”

"Hmm… if I were an all powerful fire spirit, where would I call home?" Tidus hummed. He thought for a while before looking up. "There they are…"

I looked out where he was looking, seeing the faint rise of… steam?

“Alright, so that’s where he is…” I muttered. “Well, might as well go talk to him and see if he knows anything about...whatever the hell’s going on.”

"Alright, come on." Tidus said as we walked onward. After a fair walk, we arrived at an old but we'll kept Hydro Plant, as the sign above stated. The various exhaust pipes all cold and dormant save for one that flowed with constant steam. "Figured." Tidus said. "Twenty years before I was born they built a new one that didn't rely on coal to boil the water. They kept it open but only ran it at a quarter it's maximum output. In school they said that, in its prime, this place could burn nine tons of coal all at once in it's Primary boiler."

“Damn, that’s a lot of coal to burn.” I said in surprise. “Better question is...why need coal when people can literally use fire magic? Can’t they contain it or something?”

"Well, yes that's why they built a new one." Tidus said. "This one was built back when Zanarkand was first founded. Well before the modern era. Back then Magic, while understood, couldn't produce the heat needed for a twenty-four-seven production of power, freshwater and sea salt for public consumption. I figured Ifrit would want to be somewhere where it can feel at home, and this place's Primary boiler can hold some serious heat."

“Fair enough.” I nodded. “Let’s just hope we don’t need to do any Cloister of Trials just to get to him…” I grumbled.

"Tell me about it…" Tidus huffed.

Thankfully, entering the facility we were met by a few Changelings keeping the place in order. I was amazed at how massive the pipes that pumped the ocean water into the boiler were. There were ten massive pipes all leading to various sized boilers, but all ten lead to one massive boiler in the back. It was bigger than my fucking highschool. Campus and all, and stood an amazing ten stories high. Only two of the ten pipes were flowing with water.

We walked to the main coal feeding station for the behemoth boiler. Immediately we were hit by a heatwave that felt like an assault from the sun itself. I rapidly changed into my own Ifrit form, the heat no longer bothering me. "Guess you go it alone from here." Tidus wheezed, already drenched in sweat from the heat.

“Alright, you go back and get yourself something to drink.” I told him, knowing that heatstroke sucks ass and not wanting my friend to get injured because of this.

Giving me a thumbs up, Tidus left for someplace cooler, and I walked forward into the boiler.

“Hello?” I called out. “Any spirit of fire in here I should know about?”

As I walked further in I noticed there were a few piles of coal, all lit up but not enough to make the heat needed by the boiler… no, it was just enough to make some light.

Eventually I spotted Ifrit, as he looked from the game, hunched nearby a pile of the light giving coals. "So, you finally showed up." He spoke.

"Well hello to you too." I huffed. "How are you doing?"

"Been better. So, what brings you to my sanctuary?"

“Well I wanted to ask some important questions.” I said honestly. “First of which is why you were randomly in pieces in YellowStone national park?”

"I was placed there by Yevon. A means to rapidly regain your full powers back."

“What rhyme or reason would he do that?” I asked. “Is there something wrong with him to try and force this?”

"You've seen the state of the world, the Unsent and the Fiends running around. If a balance is not reestablished, then the scale will break."

“And...what’ll happen if it breaks?” I asked nervously.

"You know the answer. You've swallowed and saved four million, seven hundred and fifty three thousand, two hundred and fifteen timelines from that fate, by resetting time."

“I only have some semblance of knowledge that I did literally any of that.” I told him. “I barely know where to even find my ‘missing pieces’ cause apparently that’s a thing.”

"And you wish to know?"

“I’d really like to know, even though I found a weird world where...I found my children with Yevon and a weird library with past memories...just have absolutely no idea how to get back there…”

"Your 'stomach' as it were." Ifirit said. "A Gods biology is representative of their title. This place, is the head, mind. To reach your stomach, you must find your maw, and travel down from there."

“And I have absolutely no idea where to start.” I started carefully.

"Simple." Ifirit said, placing a hand atop the coals. "This is the head, so." He scooped up a pile of coals, tossing them aside and leaving a fair hole in the pile. "Go down."

“So...I need to figure out how to unlock the train station?” I asked. “And...there won’t be anything trying to stop me? Like a weird shadow creature that tried to murder me in my own body?”

"Here, it has no power. No will of its own. Think of it… like a virus. Normally, a virus is meant to multiply and infect… but for you, it's all alone. One mission. To kill you."

“And how or why did that happen?” I asked worriedly. “Cause...I didn’t think a god could get a death virus…”

"Only one God could have created such an entity. The parasite on Yevon's head."

“Oh no…” I muttered worriedly. “Um...what's the name of this parasite?”

"Yevon called him Spiral."

“That’s not good.” I said worriedly. “I thought...he was his own person after he was freed the possibly first time I did this.”

"He was, but like all Parasites, Spiral is a persistent pest. He is very similar in many ways to an entity in this Timeline known as Nightmare Moon. Without true form, requiring a host to act and engage with the physical plane. When Yevon regained a Physical form, Spiral began working to take back his favorite puppet."

“He’s that squid thing at the end of Final Fantasy X?” I asked in shock. “Shit…”

"Yevon was mortal, once, just like you. I'm supposed to give this to you." Ifrit said, reaching back into the coals, and pulling out a single, familiar, grey pyrefly. "Yevon was insistent you get this when you absorbed me, but I wanted to make sure you were even worth it."

“I’m pretty sure Yevon would slap the shit out of you for saying that.” I said honestly as I softly took the grey pyrefly. “Cause...he’s been trying to at least seem like a decent person with me…”

"And this, will explain why." Ifirit said. "You hear Yevon's name and remember the horrors a parasite did while owning it. It's time you remember Yevon, The Human. The Summoner. The Mortal."

“Well...let’s hope I can get some clarity in this…” I muttered as I slowly absorbed my own pyreflies.


I was elsewhere. It looked like… earth, actually. A simple city back on earth. Where… am I?

"Alright...where the hell am I?" I muttered as I tried to find any specific landmark or sign to say where I am.

I found a sign but it was in a language I couldn't read. Walking more through the crowds. And by through the crowds I meant Literally through the crowds. Like all memories I was a ghost here.

Eventually I came across a gated off school playground… where the kids were all playing with various little monsters they were… summoning? Wait… is this Zanarkand?"

“The hell am I doing here?” I frowned. “I...never actually went to old Zanarkand…”

Walking through the gate I watched the kids all play. These summons I have never seen before. They took various forms. Cats, dogs, birds, frogs, lizards, penguins, and even horses. I noticed one kid not playing with any but reading silently. I'd have left them alone if not for their… familiar eyes.

Walking closer, I saw the similarities clear as day. Blonde hair, crimson red eyes… Yevon?

I frowned. I'd never seen images of Zeke Ventral when he was a child… is this… actually how Yevon always looked?

“Why in the world do you look like Zeke?” I muttered to myself, as I also wondered why the little guy was studying instead of playing.

I followed little Yevon around. When school ended, nobody picked him up. He began walking down the sidewalk. I followed him for possible miles through the city and to what looked like a temple or church, so out of place compared to everything around it. Once inside I nearly froze. Fayths. Dozens and dozens of Fayths. Shaking off my shock, I followed Yevon to one Fayth in particular. It wasn't too difficult from the others, but two of the petrified people within had their hands outstretched as if simultaneously petting something.

Yevon placed his head under their hands. It fit perfectly. "Hi mom. Hi dad." He spoke, the first time all day since I arrived and began watching.

“Oh...oh no…” I muttered in shock and sadness. “What...why would…” I muttered, so confused and sad as to why Yevon’s parents were part of a Fayth.

"School was boring. Uncle Vincent teaches better than the teachers." That name… Vincent. Hearing it felt like… ice against my ear drums… and I have no idea why. "He's teaching me about the Aeon Types and Classes… maybe I'll be able to summon your Aeon soon…" Yevon sighed, his hands grasping at the stone arms of his parents. "I miss you…"

“Jesus christ…” I muttered sadly. “This...I didn’t know…”

Yevon sat there for hours before finally standing up and leaving. Following, it seemed Yevon walked a lot. He arrived at an apartment complex. Opening the door to one, Yevon was greeted by bookshelves and book towers lined up along the walls and floor. Christ and I thought Twilight had a problem…

Yevon eventually sat down on the couch, pulling out his book from earlier and continued to read.

"And how was your day?" I jumped. The nearby kitchen had a man preparing food in it. His hair was jet black, eyes a bright blue and wore an all black shirt and jeans. Something about him… terrified me.

"Pretty boring Uncle Vincent." Yevon replied.

"I'd imagine. You're reading these books faster than I can." He laughed.

“And why does this guy scare the absolute shit out of me?” I muttered with worry, seeing this Vincent guy and just...feeling like everything about him screamed Evil.

"So, what am I learning today?" Yevon asked.

"A little review for tonight." Vincent stated, quickly and almost inhumanly chopping various veggies and then dropping them into a pot to boil. He then walked over to a shelf, talking something off and then sat next to Yevon on the couch. He raised a little plastic replica of a Fayth. "Now, what type of Fayth is this?"

"An Alpha Fayth. Made from… willing or punished humans or sentient creatures." Yevon answered.

"Good. And this?" He raised another. I've never seen this one. Rather than being made of people, it looked to be made of various animals.

"Omega Fayth. Made from unintelligent animals becoming a Fayth."

"And this?" This one was also new. It looked like a tree, covered in vines and flowers.

"Beta Fayth. Made from special plants in magic or age."

"Good. Good."

“Huh...didn’t know there were other types of fayth’s…” I muttered.

"And now, how about this one?" Vincent raised the fourth Fayth figurine. It looked… like a stone pillar over a Fayth, save for the small image of a galaxy at the top.

"Uh…" Yevon thought. "... Bridge Fayth?"

Vincent laughed. "Not quite. It's a Binding Fayth. Rather than being made from people, plants or animals, this acts more like an antenna. It attracts and binds a cosmic being to it, turning it into a Fayth."

"Oh… cosmic being?"

"Gods Yevon. Gods and all within that area of celestial existence. None have been made but, it's believed if it was, the Aeon summoned from it would grant godhood upon the summoner."

"Woah…"

“Wait…” I looked at the pillar more carefully. “Wait...that’s a Yu Pagoda!” I said in surprise, the pillar might have been more streamlined, but I remember those weird ancient markings and four lines showing that it was made of four different, powerful pieces.

"Woah indeed." Vincent agreed. "Still, for now it's just theories and a fairy tale." He said, standing up and returning the figures to their places on the shelf. "After dinner we'll review the classes of Aeon, alright."

"Alright." Yevon nodded, picking their bag up and heading to a door, their room most likely.

I flinched as I saw Vincent turn, facing me. I stood frozen as he walked over to me, as if eyeing me. He raised a hand. It phased through me, and he pulled a book off the shelf behind me… through me. "This should be enough for now." He said, looking the book's title over and placing it on the nearby table before heading back to the kitchen.

I breathed. What the Fuck… It's okay Anna, this is memories, I'm a ghost here, he wasn't actually looking at you.

“Just...relax…” I muttered. “Just...keep watching Yevon’s past…”

After they ate, Vincent began reviewing Aeon Classes. "Now then, what are the most common classes of Aeon?" Vincent asked.

"Fighter, Healer, Caster and Scouter." Yevon replied.

"And they do?"

"Fighters are best with physical attacks, labor and anything to do with the body. Healers heal both their Casters, Allies, and other Aeons. Casters while weakest to physical attacks are immune to Magic attacks and can either cast magic or act as a secondary source of magic for the caster and their allies. Scouters while weak too are fast, usually either flying or running around to deal damage over time in a battle. Or used to travel from one place to another really fast."

"Good. How many classes are there in total?"

"Ten."

"And what are the remaining, lesser seen six?"

"Berserker, Elemental, Multiples, Reaper, Demonic, and Divine."

"Good. And what are they?"

"Berserkers are high damage high resistance fighters that are difficult to control. Elementals are pure energy in some form or another given a physical form. Multiples are a mix of one or all classes. Reapers are a one time use, powerful Aeon that slowly kill their own summoner overtime, but are incredibly powerful. Demonic are loyal but only listen to those with ill wills and terrible intentions. Divine are… undiscovered, as they would most likely come from a Binding Fayth."

"Excellent." Vincent nodded.

“Huh...that’s...rather interesting.” I muttered. “I...didn’t think there was this much.”

Then again, the Spira I know and the Spira here are a thousand years and one apocalypse apart...

“Well...actually probably like...six thousand years apart given each Calm is a random amount of time…” I muttered to myself, forgetting that many summoners had to deal with it before.

"And how many Aeons can a summoner have?" Vincent asked.

"It varies from person to person, and the Aeon they wish to summon. Theoretically, you can have unlimited Aeons but most only average three to nine." Yevon answered.

"Excellent. Now, a big one. How is a Fayth made?"

"Well, Alpha Fayths are made by willing people or punished individuals entering a special ritual where they're minds meld and blend together into a form of new entity, kept alive and empowered by their souls. This new Entity becomes an Aeon, and is the ultimate combination of all the people who were used to create the Fayth. For Omegas and Betas the ritual still works but must be initiated by mages rather than the participants."

“Well...at least I finally got an explanation on how the hell Fayth’s are made…” I muttered, always wondering how they somehow became petrified with whatever items were added to give shape to the aeon’s form.

"Now, what happens to a damaged Fayth?" Vincent asked.

"A damaged Fayth must be repaired or it will deteriorate over time and eventually the Fayth and Aeon both perish. To repair a Fayth takes a ritual that adds something, or in the case of an Alpha Fayth, someone, of equal value to the damage." Yevon answered.

"Good. Now, what is a Forbidden Fayth?" I perked up. Forbidden Fayth?

"That's when a person uses forbidden magic to infuse the power of a Fayth into a person or object."

“That...kinda sounds like the Final Aeon…” I muttered.

"Right. And why is it Forbidden?"

"Because the mortal body can not sustain it. Fayths are the mixing of living minds and souls into a single form to create an Aeon. A mortal body can not hold more than one mind let alone soul, so to do so drives the host to insanity and morphed their body into a monstrous form. For Objects it's considered a possibility but unethical as the user of such an object not only becomes absorbed by the Forbidden Fayth after Death, but also can pass it along to others, letting the object claim hundreds of potential victims."

“Which...happened to be Yunalesca and her Husband...both using this Forbidden Fayth to give the Summoner and their Guardian the strength to beat Sin...but let Yu Yevon possess them and hide afterwards...which is also why the Summoner dies in the process…” I muttered to myself as a whole lot of shit is starting to make sense here.

"Exactly. What are some known examples of this?"

"The Malice Mace of Pandora, the Net of Thrin, and Maxwell Harrison." Yevon said.

"And how bad were those incidents?"

"The Malice Mace claimed the souls of over sixty seven people. The Net of Thrin an even fifteen and Maxwell Harrison destroyed two whole cities in his monster form before he was killed."

"Yes. And that was with a Beta Fayth." Vincent nodded. "You've done well Yevon. Before you go to bed I have something special for you." Reaching under the couch, Vincent pulled up a box. Pulling out paper and three potted Cacti. "You will make your own Beta Fayth."

“Oh boy, wonder how in the world this is going to work and...if he makes a Cactuar King I’m gonna be very concerned…”

"I… I don't think I can, uncle…" Yevon said. "I've only seen the ritual before."

"It's simple." Vincent said. He unrolled the paper. Upon it was a series of… what I am assuming are magic runes and various lines of some language all inside several thin circles. He placed each cactus inside the circles. He then pulled up another small scroll and a small knife. "First, blood from the participants, or in this case the Cactus juice, must touch the matrix." He said, cutting the tops off each cactus and placing them on the paper. "Next, you read this scroll." He handed Yevon the scroll. "And flow magic onto the matrix. If all goes well, a Beta Fayth will be created and a new Aeon."

"Okay…" Yevon said, taking and opening the scroll.

I peaked at the scroll. Great, more language I can't read…

"Just start slow. The runes and magic will do the rest, all you need to do is read this allowed." Vincent stated.

Nodding, Yevon began, reaching out a hand over the ritual. "From beginning to end, all Life fades," He started, the papers' runes and circles began to glow. "From dust we are born and to dust we return." Now the cacti were glowing. "Yet surpassing death, your soul shines brightly," The glow from the cacti began to almost act like arms, reaching out to each other. "Bless these souls here, with life ever onwards." The light limbs grabbed onto one another now. "With bodies ever eternal as the stones of the earth." They pulled one another closer to the center. "Meld their minds as one, and keep their souls bound." Once they got close enough they glowed brighter, changing shape. "Give them forms for freedom, to empower we mortal men." It began to look like a Beta Fayth now. "And let the immortals dream in heavens of their own making." The flash nearly blinded me, but when it faded, a small, two foot Beta Fayth stood now on the table.

"Well done Yevon!" Vincent cheered.

“Wow…” I muttered in amazement, never before having seen a real Fayth created. “That’s...actually really amazing.”

"I… actually did it." Yevon said, smiling as they placed a hand to the Fayth. There was a small, barely noticeable flash. Taking a deep breath, Yevon summoned the Aeon. Well, it looked like a Long Cactuar, but was six inches tall. Yevon laughed. "It's cute."

"Heh, wait til your boring teachers see this at school." Vincent said.

“The little Cactaur is cute.” I said honestly. “But...this is Yevon’s childhood? I mean...his parent’s are faiths...and I don’t trust that Vincent guy as far as I could throw him…” Which, depending on form, can be very far indeed.

With this task done Yevon was off to bed. I watched Vincent stare at the tiny King Cactuar for a while. Eventually, he took the small knife and stabbed it, the tiny Aeon fading away. "Such talent. Heh. He'll archive it in no time."

"I knew there was something wrong with this asshole!" I panicked at how callus this guy just murdered it.

He rubbed the back of his neck, sighing. "Your voice is so annoying, you know that?" I froze. "Or so I assume. At the moment I'm… handicapped. Self imposed but I can still… take a well calculated guess."

“No no, this is a memory...there’s no way you can hear me.” I said carefully.

"I just said I can't." He sighed. "Consider it from my perspective. I'm talking to thin air… but I can already know how you'll respond. You're not Yevon… but you're similar."

“How in the name of hell...you passed right through me, and you can’t see me...how do you know I’m here!?” I asked in fear, cause this person would have to be god knows how strong to go beyond a memories acts.

"Let's just say when you're as old as I am, you pick up… every trick, staving off boredom. I don't know who you are, or why you're so… identical to Yevon. Child perhaps? No, no… more like… heh. You're his other half. A Goddess of Life. Surprising."

“Who...what are you?” I asked, taking a step back in fear at whatever this guy was.

"That's… one fucking long story. Let's just say I'm working on a pet project a little more personally than I normally do."

“Yevon…” I started. “Is...a project!?” I snapped, not knowing why me hearing Yevon was nothing more than a ‘pet project’ pissed me off so much but...it did.

"Never found it odd why Yevon and… Zeke Ventral, look so similar. Heh, what are the odds that Project and you have history." He laughed. "You are just one lucky lady aren't you? Most people don't survive one meeting with my projects but you've met two and even bonded with the second! An unexpected result but not unwelcome."

“Well...I never thought Yevon would have been a genetics experiment...and Zeke…” I started worriedly. “And...I don’t know if you saying ‘not unwelcome’ is a good thing for me…”

"Take it how you will, to me if it becomes an issue… well, I've yet to encounter a problem I can't… solve." He said. "Course, right now this encounter is just in Yevon's memories. I can't do much to you… here."

“I hate...everything that’s going on right now.” I started. “I’d rather not be hunted down by whatever the hell you are…”

"Oh I don't have to hunt you down, silly child." He stood up, turning until he faced me and walked until he stood over me. "I can just outlive you. A god you may be, but immortal you are not. Your millions, billions of years of a lifespan can pass by in my eyes," he snapped his fingers. "Like that. And I can start all over again."

“Uh...huh…” I started. “Cool...the fuck going is going on right now?” I asked, not knowing what to think as I was so fixated on the fact this very evil person was telling me that I literally didn’t matter in the grand scheme of his plans.

"I'll let you get back to these memories… it will be… entertaining, to… predict how you react." He turned, heading to the other door, likely his room. "It's Anna, right?" I felt cold. "Called it." He said, smiling as he entered his room. I fell to the ground, by breath ragged and heart pounding.

“No...no no no...how the fuck…” I tried my damndest not to have a panic attack here at the revelation that I just met someone that’s way beyond my paygrade.

It took a while before I calmed down enough to stand. Slowly I walked into Yevon's room. It was… a kids room. Toys on the floors, a shelf full of books, a desk messy with paper where pencils, crayons and his backpack rested. On the bed in the corner, next to the only window was Yevon, sleeping soundly under his blanket.

“So...innocent and adorable…” I muttered softly. “What...could that monster want with him?”

Somehow, I was able to lay down on their bed. With a sigh I cuddled up next to the young Yevon. I don't think I can sleep here. Didn't matter… I'm not taking my eyes off Yevon.


Time flowed like water after a while. Years passed and Yevon began displaying his amazing talents at Summoning. By eleven he graduated school and the Summoners College by twelve. By the time he was fourteen, he was able to summon every Aeon from every Alpha Fayth in the city.

“Hot damn is he talented.” I said honestly. “I knew he was a peerless summoner but...even I didn’t expect him to do this much this quickly.”

Regrettably, wherever Yevon was to surpass all expectations, Vincent was there. Teaching and guiding them.

These days with all the Alpha Fayth Aeons able to be summoned by him, Yevon was traveling, looking for the Aeons and Fayths not within Zanarkand borders.

“I wonder if there will be any other Aeon’s this far back that wouldn’t be the normal group…” I muttered.

The only good thing about Yevon traveling is that, he did it alone. No Vincent. Ever Since that night he'd just given an occasional glance to where I was standing or sitting. As if making sure I'm still here. Here on the road, it was just Yevon and I. He was growing up well.

The world before was… different. There were busses and roads to travel from country to country. The first stop on this journey was a place called Kets. It was a small country with one Aeon in their capital city, Constantine.

"Probably got demolished when Sin was made…" I muttered to myself as I looked over Yevons shoulder to see the map he was holding to see if it was anywhere I recognized.

The map I saw was very different from the Spira I know. Much more land. If I compare the map I know to this one, Kets would be… under water, between Moonflow and Bikanel Island. A whole country… gone. Looking more at the map… there were so many, so many more that are just… ruins, deep under the waters Sin patrolled.

"Sweet lord…" I muttered. "I mean...I should know better but...good lord…"

Yevon put the map away, looking out the window. The bus to Kets was a long ride, but we would be arriving soon. Few people were on this bus thankfully, so I sat next to them the whole ride.

Almost a two day bus ride later, we arrived in Kets. The Capital City, Constantine, has to be something out of some steampunk fairytale. All around me are machines powered by steam, magic, and the buildings, roads, all reminded me of a medieval fairytale. Some people were even riding what looked like Motorcycles.

"Damn...this place looks fantastic." I said in awe.

"Now where is the temple…" Yevon muttered. Following them around as they wandered the city.

“This is a pretty big city...wonder what the summoner’s are like here?” I wondered. “Also...man, when Spira was allowed to have technology it can be fantastic…”

Following Yevon's wander, we eventually came across the temple. It was… sad. The temple was old, so out of place compared to everything around it. While everything around it was stone and metal and well kept, the temple was wood and aged. Cracks along the once elegantly carved walls destroyed the images, making many unrecognizable. Entering, everything had a thick layer of dust and a faint smell of mold hung in the air. This is… wrong.

“Did...did this city give up on it’s Fayth?” I asked worriedly. “Also...jesus that sounds weird when in this context…”

Seemingly unphased by the lack of care, Yevon pressed on, reaching a large set of doors where an elderly man sat on a chair, sleeping. "Um, excuse me?" Yevon spoke.

With a snort and a few rapid blinks, the man woke up, eyeing Yevon then rubbed his own tired eyes. "What brings a youngster like you here?" He asked.

"I'm a summoner sir, from Zanarkand. I’ve come to pray to the Fayth here and obtain the Aeon."

The old man blinked a few times, looking Yevon over. "Hmm. Not too many summoners come here these days. Last one was ten years ago." He yawned. "Then again, Fayths are still held in high respect in Zanarkand. Still, to be a summoner at such a young age."

“Well all things considered he’s probably been bioengineered to be beyond fantastic…” I muttered. “And...I’m also slightly annoyed that he had to make him so darn cute…”

So many questions, and no answers.

"Can I pray to the Fayth?" Yevon asked.

"Hmmm. I suppose. Best one more can gain the Aeon Viola before the old Fayth is sent off."

"Viola?" Yevon asked.

The old man nodded, standing up as he walked over to the doors and opened them. Yevon walked inside, seeing the Fayth towering over us in the room. They sat on their knees, and shortly after beginning their prayer, the Fayth shined. Like all the Fayths before, a short prayer was all it took to gain the Aeon.

"My word." The old man said as Yeveon stood back up. "I've never seen a summoner bestowed by a Fayth an Aeon so fast."

"It's… what I'm known for back home…" Yevon said. "Where will this Fayth be sent off to?"

"Museum." The old man said. "I'm the last and only temple keeper, and I'm not long for this world."

"Why not send it to Zanarkand?"

"The city's historical society deemed it a historical artifact. They'll send it to the museum shortly after I pass and tear down the temple to build something new."

“Oh the Fayth’s a historical artifact but the temple isn’t?” I frowned. “That’s kind of bullshit when you think about it.”

"What are they going to build here?" Yevon asked.

"Some laboratory of sorts. I don't know the full of it, some project with Bevelle."

"Time stops for no one…" Yevon sighed, looking back over at the Fayth.

With a sigh, Yevon left. But didn't go far. They hung around, waiting until the late night and managed to sneak back into the temple. Once back inside, he approached the Fayth, placing a hand on one of the petrified figures. "You don't belong in a museum." He said softly.

"He summons their aeon and practically kidnaps the fayth?" I wondered to myself.

Breathing a deep sigh, he stepped back, raising a hand as magic flowed from him. Suddenly, the Fayth began to… shrink. Soon reaching the size of a toy. Yevon picked it up. "The world can move forward, but it shouldn't forget or abandon the past."

"Or else it would be doomed to repeat it…" I sighed out.

Carefully pocketing the Fayth, Yevon made they're way out, summoning a flying Aeon and soaring off back to Zanarkand.


“So, you traveled the world for five years.” Vincent started.

“Yes.” Yevon answered.

“And you stole every Fayth that was either abandoned, shoved into a museum, or blatantly ignored by their city/country?”

“Yes.”

Vincent laughed. “And you shrunk them… and have been keeping them in a box under your bed…”

“Yes.”

“Yeesh, not sure if this or porn would have been worse.” Vincent chuckled. “And, pray tell, what was your plan for them?”

“... I kinda didn’t have one…” Yevon admitted.

I damn near fell over at hearing that. "Really!?" I asked, completely flabbergasted at the good deed he did was just on impulse with nothing else to it.

“Well, you can’t keep them in a shoebox under your bed.” Vincent said, picking one of the many magically shrunken Fayths from the box and looking it over. “I’m actually impressed that your Shrinking Spell lasted this long.”

“I used the self-sustaining Enchantment runes you taught me.”

“I never taught you how to apply it to cast spells though, just enchantments.”

“I… just figured it out?”

“Heh, ever the talented one. So, no idea what to do next?”

“Nope…”

“Heh. Well, why not join the military. With your talents you’d be made General second you enter the building.”

“Heh… maybe. Still, you won’t believe how much the world outside is changing. More and more people were using these things called Machina. Machines using steam or magic to complete tasks. I saw one building a brick house all by itself!”

“That is impressive.” Vincent nodded. “Heh, imagine making a Machina Fayth.”

“Heh… Yeah…” Yevon sighed, but looked thoughtful.

With a nod Vincent got up and left… and against better judgment, I followed them.

Once we were in the kitchen, he spoke. “Have fun shadowing him on the travels?” He asked me.

"Yes, cause now I know several places that...didn't exist anymore." I nodded.

“Makes sense.” He said, pulling out various ingredients and began washing them. “Still, there’s so much he can do and he’s not even reached a quarter of his potential.”

"Not even a quarter?" I asked worriedly. "At this rate...I'm more curious as to how he didn't end the world sooner."

“In time.” Vincent said calmly. “All it will take is the right… push.”

"The Machina Summoner war…"

“Do you know how that war even started? It varies, but usually Bevelle starts it. Sometimes, it’s a power move using guns, grenades or those magic immune tanks. Sometimes all at once. Amazing what centuries of fear and hatred can build over time.”

"Yeah...Bevelle was scared of Zanarkands prosperity and power and they tried to stop it before they could be beaten...little did they know…" I sighed out.

“If left to their own devices, Zanarkand would have ruled the world. Won’t lie, it would have been better, especially when they managed to make the Binding Fayth. Complete and total power of a god through Aeon’s. They’d have moved from this simple planet into the stars with the power and might to back up their progress.”

"Damn." I said in surprise. "That's a hell of a thing...I wonder why...no I know exactly why all that progress was forever lost…"

“Yup. War started, people began dying… and well, they did sorta make one Binding Fayth. It also became a Forbidden Fayth. Have you ever made a Fayth before Anna?” It still creeped me out how he basically guessed my name.

"Out of the two million or so timelines I saved...no idea cause I still barely know who I am technically." I sighed out.

“Heh. Well, here’s another question. Do you know how to unmake a Fayth, without destroying it?”

"No, but I need to know how to save my mom."

“Heh. There’s a lot I could teach you. How to make and unmake Fayths, how to cast powerful spells, how to create whole new life from simple energy and dust.”

"And what's the catch besides signing a deal with the devil?" I asked carefully. "Cause I know you are insanely evil."

“Evil is a matter of perspective.” He said, now cutting the ingredients. Like Yevon, and his siblings, I too was once a project. I was created with one goal, but my creator tried to… undo me. To remove the part of me that was designed to do my exact purpose. In the end, I was split in two. My brother is elsewhere, and here I am, the part that was removed but came back stronger. All I’m doing is what I was designed to do, simple as that. What you perceive as evil is just actions I take to pass the time. Simply existing fulfills my designed purpose, but sitting around watching things play by gets boring. It’s more fun to act. Despite how I am to you, I have done equal amounts ‘good’ as I have done ‘evil’ in my lifetime.”

"Christ…" I muttered, not sure if I even should take up his offer. "I...might as well ask...how many times have we had this conversation if you're this omnipotent and omnipresent being?"

“Twice before, so this makes three. The first time, I ignored you. The second, I messed with you a lot. Like the thing with the Bookshelf.” He chuckled. “Figured I’d finally talk to the Goddess of Life that Yevon became bound to, his other half. In the end, Anna, everything I do I do out of boredom. If I can do something new, then I’ll gladly jump at it. I’ll even answer some questions for you, if I can. I am still self handicapped at the moment, but I can still answer so many questions for you, if you wish.” Vincent said, pulling out a pot and pouring in oil and setting it to heat up.

I took a deep breath. "What's the catch to all these questions?" I asked carefully. "Cause you sound way too...open for someone that probably wants to end the world."

“Not the world.” He said, making me flinch. “Planets, species, time, space. All these things die and get reset over and over again. No, I was built to end something far, far grander than you can imagine. But, it’s a slow process. Agonizingly slow, hence, my actions to stave off boredom. There’s no catch to answering these questions as it’s a new act to me. If it wasn’t, I’d then put a catch to it, but even so, I’m not an unreasonable person.” He said as he placed inside the heated oil what looked like Hamburger meat and began stirring it.

“Well…” I started. “Something that’s been bugging me...who’s the guy you're possessing? Cause for some reason I can’t help this feeling like you're currently in...Yevon’s current predicament, as a god possessed by something much much worse.” I said, even though it was clouded by whatever the hell that guy is...I felt the same energy Yevon gave off the few times we met.

“My maker.” He said simply, adding in the spices. “When he… removed me, from my brother, I was without a form or body. So, I… acquired his. As for what he is, well… you could say he’s like you. Or rather, like Yevon. There are two halves to life. The physical and the Spiritual. Or, Life and Death. That is who the real Vincent is. I stole his body and name. He, too, has another half, like you. My ‘mother’ in a sense. She has been reborn into so many forms and bodies, her true memories are repressed to her.”

“Gee, doesn’t that sound familiar…” I grumbled at my own personal experience of losing my memories due to being ‘reborn’ and the like.

“So it seems to be that little trend. In any case, what else do you want to ask of me?”

“What is Yevon?” I asked. “Cause he’s...most certainly different from what I was told and...he looks a hell of a lot similar to Zeke Ventral.”

“Like I said, they are projects of mine. If you want to get technical, they are my younger siblings. Father and Mother being as old and powerful as they are, created children that even by your standards for gods, are superior in so many ways. I simply took that superiority and… tweaked it, implanted and crafted each and every one to be the best at what they can do. For Yevon, it’s Fayths, Aeons, Magic, and… Death. For Zeke’s Ventral, it’s Combat, Magic, Learning, and… Hearts.”

“As in he’s just a really good guy that everyone would love or...something that involves Kingdom Hearts?” I asked, considering how specific he mentioned Heart’s I wasn’t sure if he was talking about charisma or that rpg.

“Everything exists as fact in one reality or another. Keep that in mind.” Vincent said as he now put in the chopped veggies. “What else then?”

“How do I bring someone back after they become a Fayth?” I asked. “Without destroying them.” I added quickly.

“Much like how there is a ritual to create them there is a ritual to undo them, safely.”

“Are you going to teach it to me or do I have to wait for Yevon to learn it?” I inquired.

“It’s simple. The ritual markings to make a Fayth already have everything needed to undo them, all that’s needed is to add in still living flesh and blood to reinfuse into the bodies. Being a goddess of life like yourself, your blood alone could pull it off. Then, you speak the words of mortality to bring them back from eternal stone to living flesh.”

“Fair enough...whatever the hell the words of mortality are because I couldn’t read a single word you showed Yevon.” I said honestly. “I painstakingly learned how to speak Al Bhed back home but I couldn’t make heads or tails on what you wrote down."

"It's called Zanith. It's a special written dialect of Zanarkand. The Al Bed language you know is a blend of Bevelle and various other languages. It's not too hard to understand, it's Alphanumeric, just like the English language."

“Interesting.” I said honestly. “I should really learn that...nothing like learning a dead language to spice up your day.”

"Anything else?"

“Is...there anyone else out there like me?” I asked. “Another person who’s out and about in this massive place?”

"Depends. In your dimension? Minus your family, seven."

“Wow.” I said honestly. “I didn’t know there was...that little but that many.”

"Well, across the multiverse there's easily a grand total of six million, eight hundred and fifty three thousand, two hundred and six."

“Jesus.” I said in honest shock.

"Ugh. I've met too many variations of that guy." Vincent said, finalizing the meal. "Anyway, the words of mortality go like this. 'From dust we began and to flesh we were made. Bring unto us breath for the spirit, blood to bind us, and flesh to embody our souls. Set their souls and their minds apart, and return to life and to one day, embrace death. However it shall come'."

“Deep.” I said honestly as I committed that saying to memory.

"Eh. I didn't make it. So, what else do you wanna learn?"

“Did you expect Yevon to not murder an entire planet and beyond and get thwarted way to often?” I asked.

"I may have built Yevon, this time, but Yevon was always a person, always destined for this fate. I just made one that was better than the rest. Plus some extra abilities."

“Neat.” I nodded. “Hmm...what else to ask…” I muttered as I tried to think of what else to ask.

"This that and everything in between." Vincent said, as he began to grab plates. He froze as suddenly it seemed like… reality began to warp around him. It was subtle, but noticeable.

“The hell happened?” I asked worriedly. “Reality shouldn’t warp like that...especially in a memory…”

Vincent was silent for a time, then, laughed. "Oh this… is going to be fun…" He spoke as reality stopped warping around him. "Now how can I deal with this here and now…"

I started to back away carefully. “Uh...I don’t know what’s going on...and I’m concerned this memory is going to fall apart if you get too...riled up…”

"Oh, no need to worry." He waved off. "I just got some interesting information from my future. Seems I've made a bet with an overly confident… King."

"You… can talk to your future self?"

"Future, past and parallels." He informed.

“What? Were you so board that you literally gave the guy the ‘key’s to success’ as it were?” I asked. “Also...why does someone making a bet with someone of untold powers and knowledge remind me of someone I know?” I frowned, having the weirdest feeling I should know who would actually tell a literal God ‘I bet I can beat you in a fight’.

"Almost everything. Kept a few parts out… still, how to use this here… this Timeline is isolated because of that bitch so… hmm…" He snapped his fingers. "That can work… will definitely be… interesting." He grinned to himself.

“I’m still super confused as to how a memory in my own dreams is...derailing this hard…” I said carefully, stupidly confused as now all this reality warping was starting to make me feel like I’m getting way in over my head.

"Lesson one, Anna. These memories come from Pyreflies, and Pyreflies are bits of souls, right?" He asked.

“These should be part’s of my soul so...I’m even more confused as to how this is working.” I said, having assumed that the grey pyreflies were mine from previous timelines that’s currently in...whatever whale sized extra dimensional stomach I have. “But these are clearly Yevon’s memories...part’s of his soul…”

"Gods, or any being that or above that revolves around life share their base centers or, souls. Your soul, Yevon's soul, same thing. It's why you can't really kill one God or above if life without killing the other at the same time. Even then, good luck. But, point is Souls go beyond the normal flow of time. So memories viewed directly from the soul, you're actually viewing this moment in time. Hence why we can have this chat and you're not just stuck in the room watching Yevon read or something."

“That was indeed a good point.” I nodded. “And...I believe because of your sudden bout of excitement we can hear each other fine?” I asked, cause either this guy was the world’s best reader of intentions and mouth movements or he could legitimately hear me and he was just screwing with me before.

"Not just yet." He said. Suddenly, he grabbed my arm, and pulled me. I felt like I splashed through cold water and suddenly hit the floor. "There. Now I can see, and hear you fine."

“Ow…” I muttered. “Ugh...alright...I’m actually in the memory and not just a passenger…”

"I did say you were viewing this moment in time rather than a simple memory. Because of that fact, pulling you into this point of time is actually easier than you think. If that King had known that then that whole other timeline version of them would not have existed." Vincent muttered as he pulled me up.

"Right…" I started, not knowing what the hell he talked about as I got up. "Alright...so what's your new plan and...wow that food smells really good."

Before saying anything he scooped a small spoon full of the food up and popped it into my mouth. I've never experienced flavor like this before! "My plan is simple. I am going to play both sides in this deal, and you're gonna be my… what's the word for someone who's 'changing their ways?' Sponsor? Yeah, that. Just gotta give the old man back his body real quick."

Vincent then took a deep breath, held out a hand and suddenly, tendrils of… something flowed out. Rapidly they took the shape of a fifteen year old boy with dark grey hair, matching dark grey eyes and a face that slightly looked like a younger Vincent. After blinking a few times, they elbowed the person behind them, sending Vincent into a coughing fit as he fell on his back. "And now I got my own form. Huh, guess Vincent isn't on the table anymore for a name. Can't really use my actual name either… heh, how's Junior work for ya pops?" They asked, turning and eyeing the man behind them.

The man, the actual Vincent, just stared up at… Junior, with rage. "You… sadistic little…"

"Nothing you haven't yelled a million and one times." Junior shrugged.

"Alright…" I started. "So hi...my name's Anna and….this is way beyond whatever the actual hell I'm actually supposed to be doing…"

"I know that." Vincent, actual Vincent, said as he stood back up. He still glared hatefully at Junior. "I was forced to watch everything…" He sighed, leaning against the wall as he flexed his fingers and moved his arms. "Been too damn long…"

The more I looked at Vincent the more I felt… graced? With Junior it felt like I was in the presence of a powerful, terrifying entity. With Vincent here... I felt like… like I should be bowing or showing some respect or something.

"So uh…" I started. "How's it feel to be back...technically?"

"Like I finally crawled out of the grave I… basically dug myself…" He sighed. "I can hate… Junior, for eternity for what he did to me, to his brother, siblings… everything… but I can understand why… I did build him to…" Another, tired sigh. "So many regrets…"

"Well...you can start making up for all those mistakes." I said carefully. "Like helping people try and stop the end of all existence."

"That was the point." Junior called out from the living room.

"I know how…" Vincent admitted. But first we gotta go through this…" He waved at nothing. "Fucking thing."

"Well...it can be a positive experience right?" I asked nervously.

"Ha! Doubtful." Junior laughed.

Vincent gave a groan of mental anguish before leaning against the wall. He took several deep breaths. "Okay, guess we have some things to explain." He breathed. "So, Anna, what do you think I am?"

"You're a God of Death?" I asked. "Er, more like a god of life? I don't know since you're giving me vibes on both ends here…"

"My kind, is ancient and powerful. The only word that can actually describe us is Admin. And as to your… vibes, Admins are, on the scale of things, beings Gods would pray to. And you aren't wrong, I, and my other half are both the Admins of Life. While yes I can be on the same… general field as Yevon, Life doesn't stop at death." He said, a flick of his hand and several Pyreflies flew from his palm and over to me. "Understand?"

"So that's why it feels like...I should be showing you a lot of respect…" I realized.

"Yes. While both my other half and I can create life." From the same palm sprouted a flower. "We can both equally end it." The flower quickly wilted and died. "In the physical realms, at least." While the flower was wilted, suddenly behind it was an ethereal version of the same flower. "While my talents are on the later, I can still apply this to the physical side of life, as you have already done."

"Wow…" I started. "So...why him if you weren't necessarily this...Admin of Death?" I asked whole pointing to Junior.

"Because I was… in a dark place at the time…" He huffed, clenching his hand into a fist. "The first era, we Admins just created the physical world. Everything was new and a possibility… and then, my other half and I created living creatures. Plants, animals, sentient, thinking life capable of so much endless possibility… and to watch for eons as they learned… learned war, torture, cruelty… I couldn't wipe them all out, all the Admins at the time realished in mortal life's uniqueness, so… I built him, or rather, his older brother…"

"Technically I am the older brother." Junior added.

"Regardless… He was invented to be an endlessly expanding, self generating energy. Enough to fill and eventually collapse all of this… environment… but he gained sentience. Grey, I called him… Junior here was the part I put into them to… drive them to the goal I had created them for, but pulling that part out of Grey, I didn't realize he also had sentience…"

"So...you cared so much about the life you created with your wife that...you decided to make sure it ended?" I asked. "And this...also happens to involve the...death of your other half way too many times?" I asked, fearing that the similarities between me and Yevon with Vincent and his other half were weirdly and shockingly familiar.

"The idea was that Grey would take up so much room that we Admins couldn't create anything anymore, and if it killed us then so be it… but, Grey gained sentience… and, in too short few years, I was reminded why we created sentient life. Complex, varied… so rare are two completely identical. It's why I was going to revert Grey into their Beta stage of energy production. Energy that didn't last forever, but energy no different than others. Limitless, sure, but not unbreakable. Able to be manipulated and converted."

"And then it kicked your ass and took over your body?" I asked rather bluntly. "Or is there something else to it?"

"No that's basically exactly what happened next…" Vincent sighed.

“Well that sucks.” I said honestly. “But hey...second chance’s are always available.”

"So it seems… This brings up a lot of new possibilities, but for now, we can't do much."

“Sadly…” I sighed out. “Cause right now we still need to go through all of Yevon’s memories that Ifrit wanted me to see.”

"Yeah… I can help you there. At least fast forward certain things… unless…"

"Time is kinda broken so, why the fuck not?" Junior said from the living room. He was laid on the couch upside down. Somehow.

“Uh...what’s going on now?” I asked nervously. “Also when the hell did Time break?”

"Well, for one I'm gonna put you back into that… ethereal plane and basically hit fast forward so you can see the important stuff. Then we'll meet up with you in your Zanarkand afterlife and from there I can help train you in your abilities while… he, can help with other stuff."

“I mean...my main ability is Shapeshifting…” I brought up. “Just uh...all the ‘Goddess of Life’ stuff kind of came up when I...was forced to absorb a couple million or so souls…”

"You want teachers or not?" Junior asked.

“I have been looking for a teacher for four months.” I started. “And I really need them cause...I’m concerned what Spiral will force Yevon to do…”

"I already can guess…" Vincent said, giving another glare at Junior. "Alright, just remember, we'll meet you in Zanarkand."

I nodded and let Vincent do his thing.

I won't say everything. There was still so much. I watched Yevon join the army, the bloodshed at Zanarkand's borders as war was declared and hundreds were slaughtered. I watched Yevon climb through the rankings until he was the new 'King' of Zanarkand. I watched as tense war and untrustworthy allies aided in developing Zanarkand into something more close to what I recognized.

I watched Yevon begin work on the Bridge Fayth… and watch as he made deals with that parasitic squid… Spiral. I watched as the death tolls reached into the tens of thousands, as the front lines moved ever closer to Zanarkand's boarders.

And finally, I watched him turn himself into a Fayth, as Spiral possessed him, and the body of Sin covered their form.


I was back in Zanarkand now. Everything was how it was when Ifirit gave me those Pyreflies. I gave the Aeon a goodbye and left. Outside, I spotted them. Vincent, and Junior.

"Took you long enough!" Junior said.

"Ignore him, he's just bitchy about taking the long way around." Vincent said.

“I have...a lot to process and a lot to talk to Yevon about if I see him again…” I muttered. “Alright, so welcome to my dream world, which currently houses over a million Changeling’s, an ancient Cherubim and Succubus, two people from Spira, and one jackass named Sombra that’s in the Zoo.” I said honestly, just listing off the people that are currently in my head.

"... Uh, Anna, this isn't a Dreamscape. This is what you'd call an Afterlife. Purgatory class to be specific." Vincent said.

"And it is held together by duct tape and paperclips." Junior nodded as he looked around.

“That...should kind of be impossible considering what I...technically am…” I said worriedly. “I mean, it’s also bad when I’m told I’ve absorbed over two million different timelines…”

"I did tell you before that, while your talents as a Goddess of Life are more along the Physical realm side of life, you can still make and modify spiritual life." Vincent replied. Right… "Looks like you do have a lot to learn."

“It’s a massive pain in the ass…” I sighed out. “So...where are we going to start? Cause right now I only have a limited time before I wake up and have to head to the Crystal Empire.”

"Something simple." Vincent said. He and I left and Junior went off on his own. He took us to a park where he sat along the grass. "As you know, beings of our caliber have a few unique traits. Like our blood." He said, a knife materializing in his hand as he made a small cut along his finger. The single drop that fell l, suddenly, we were in a forest. "Can make life Explode, or bring life where there wasn't any prior."

“Damn.” I said in surprise. “Didn’t think this would happen...er...maybe I did? Cause me and Yevon have this pocket dimension where we can just...be who we are, and not have to deal with our ‘jobs’ as it were, or whatever the hell Spiral want’s.”

Nodding, Vincent placed the knife away. "The lesson today is to make, and grow, a single flower before you." He said, patting the grass patch before me. "Without blood. Just by your will as a God."

“Uh...yeah, that doesn’t sound too difficult.” I said honestly as I sat down. “Just...create a flower from a patch of grass...shouldn’t be too hard.” I took a deep breath and put a hand onto the patch of grass, trying to focus on whatever power’s over Life I had to make a flower blossom.

"Very good." Vincent said. I opened my eyes and saw that, grown around my hand was a small bush of Lavender.

I… did it? I didn't… even try that hard?

“Uh...huh…” I started. “I fully expected to spawn an Ochu that I had to fight or...at least have to try harder than that…”

Vincent chuckled. "You're a Goddess of Life Anna. Physically material life. This," He plucked a Lavender, sniffing it before handing it to me. "Is as easy to you as breathing, prior experience or not."

I gently took the Lavender and held it carefully. “Wow…” I muttered. “I’d...feel better about this...but sadly I’m reminded of a...possible draw back I’m going to experience in a few months…”

"Your pregnancy." Vincent said with a nod. "I… can relate. My partner and I… making the first generation of sentient life… we made them and… we did miss out on that. Never really could have that unless we crafted that life with our hands. Being born they… were already… ready."

“Yeah…” I sighed out. “One of the doctor’s in Asgard said I could give birth normally but...well I don’t know if I can deal with tens of thousands of infant’s all at once.”

"Heh, that would be an issue." Vincent nodded. "I don't know how he manages it. Abilities or not."

“Who? That king person or someone else?” I asked.

"Well, him and… someone else. It's a long story there. For now, let's focus on this." Vincent waved a hand, the Lavender bush vanishing as he cleared his throat. "Now, try and grow a miniature Apple Tree."

“Should be simple...maybe…” I started as I tried to grow a mini apple tree, thinking if I visualized it in my head it would be easier than probably accidentally bringing up something else.

I watched with awe as a small sprout rose from the ground, shifting quickly from green to wood brown as it grew. The trunk quickly expanded to be as wide as a pie tin and soon leaves grew at the top. Rapidly, flowers blossomed, withered and turned into cherry sized apples.

Vincent picked one and ate it. "Not bad." He said.

I gently picked one of the apples and ate it to see how it tasted. “So...how is this place purgatory? I thought it was a dream scape cause...well why in the world would I go to the afterlife when I go to sleep?”

"Well, you're both wrong and right. Yes, this is a Purgatory afterlife plane, but it is also inside you. It's not uncommon for gods, especially new ones, to practice in realities they create within their own mindscape. It's like using your imagination only what's in your head is real and not some psychological issue. Given you deal with the Physical planes of life, doing this from the ground up would be much, much harder for you. You probably did this on accident and put it here since it's easier for you to manage this scale of creation in a place that is basically governed by your subconscious wills."

“I thought it was because I’m somehow Sin, the giant space whale.” I explained. “Somehow...cause I really don’t understand how that could happen when I’m not a Fayth or an Aeon.”

"Aren't you?" Vincent asked, making me raise a brow. "Gods and cosmic beings are powerful in there own rights alone, but when you have followers, worshipers, you can gain more and share that power amongst those who believe in you. So long as they have faith in you, you can perform for them acts commonly referred to as miracles. This includes things like… walking on water, healing the sick, smiting an army… a giant whale swallowing and keeping a man alive long enough to bring him to shoar. Summoning and creating these beasts, Aeons, Fiends, all part of the same Gods of Life you and Yevon are."

“Right…” I started. “But to devour an entire timeline to save what few I could?”

"Heh, well there are better ways to do that, but it makes sense. As a Goddess of Life your very nature is to create and preserve Life. While devouring an entire timeline would definitely lead to your… repeat situation, with luck I can help you to break that cycle."

“From what brief moments I had to learn it was because...the entire world I was on constantly had a cataclysmic event that killed most of the life on whatever world was my home...no matter what happened, even after we beat Spiral and could live happily ever after...something or someone always caused it to happen again…”

"Probably was Spiral every time. If he is some God or cosmic being, there's a special way to kill them so they don't come back."

“And in what way is that? Revoke their existence, stab them with a specially made weapon, or what?”

"Out power them." Vincent said. "When dealing with Gods… or higher, power is quite literally everything. If your power is greater, killing something permanently is a simple matter. Course, there are exceptions to every rule."

“Either their immortal, or reincarnate when killed?” I inquired.

"Mostly. While being like you, myself and our others are bound for reincarnation, there are immortals but even Immortals are not… immortal, as it were. No, there's a higher, Truly unkillable variation. Deathless. Only one being in all and every existence can make them and… it's a curse even by standards of those already 'immortal'."

“Well...that sucks.” I said honestly.

"Yeah… anyway, less depressing talk." Vincent said, a snap of his fingers and the mini apple tree was replanted next to us. "Now, make something ridiculous."

“Just...something ridiculous?” I asked. “Nothing specific?”

"Yes. For example." Another snap and a long vine like flower sprouted up, grew near my face, and suddenly a tongue came out of it and licked my cheek. It then barked like a dog. "That."

“A...vine dog.” I said as I softly pet it. “Neat.” I said while putting a hand to the ground. “Alright...something ridiculous…” I muttered as I kind of let my mind wander as I wasn’t really sure what ridiculous thing I could create.

Soon a small tree began to grow, only, when the leaves began to sprout, they weren't leaves… they were feathers. Familiar brown and white feathers. "Huh. Not too bad-" The small tree suddenly began morphing… now it was tree Gilda. "Wow… that's different. Already speeding to the next lessons Anna?"

“Uh...did I just make myself a tree version of Gilda?” I asked as I gently picked them up. “And...they're absolutely adorable!”

"Hmm… It actually seems more akin to a plant based controle replica… Hey Anna, try calling their name to them?"

“Gilda?” I asked my new tiny tree Gilda.

The tiny tree Gilda didn't move, but, suddenly, it blinked. "What- wait what?! Where am I?! I was dreaming about… then… wait Anna? Why are you huge?!"

"Huh, I was right." Vincent said.

“Wait...does this have something to do with me giving those Pyreflies to Gilda?” I asked.

"You made them a Prophet? That would actually explain this." Vincent hummed. "Makes a bond between you and them that's nearly unbreakable."

“Okay that certainly should have been saved for the wedding.” I said honestly. “But uh...just figuring out how to use my Life powers from the professional here my newly wooden love.” I said honestly.

“Wooden?” Gilda asked, looking their body over. “Okay… This is definitely a new one… Still, why am I like a foot tall?”

“Because I tried to make a small plant that was ‘ridiculous’ by most standards...I just didn’t expect to create a wooden construct for ya.” I said honestly.

“Hmm…” Gilda hummed, taking another look around us. “So, this is that Zanarkand place you and Luna talked about? Doesn’t look too bad honestly. I know you said it was a city but I wasn’t expecting this… or the mini jungle we’re in.”

“That’s because of my teacher here.” I said honestly while showing him to Vincent. “Meet Vincent.”

“Just, refer to me as her teacher and we can leave it at that… and if you meet someone named Junior… try and ignore them…” He sighed. “Well, creating a golem out of plantlife wasn’t expected, but since you can do that easily enough onto another lesson I was gonna save for later.” Vincent said, raising a clenched hand. He blew onto it and when he opened it several colorful butterflies flew out of it. “Life, with a pulse.”

“That’s probably a hell of a lot more complicated than just making plants.” I said nervously as I put Gilda onto my shoulder like a parrot.

“It is a bit different.” Vincent admitted. “Firstly, you need to keep in mind, and remember a few things. Firstly, air, to fill their lungs. Blood, to make them flesh, and a heart, to bring them to life. For basic animals and insects, this is all that’s required. Just keep those three things in mind and any mindless animal or insects you’ll be crafting up with a snap.” He said, snapping his own fingers for emphasis and suddenly there was a small baby deer between us.

“Woah…” Gilda said.

“Adorable.” I said with a smile. “But...is there anything specific I need to grab first? Any materials or do I just...form it from nothing?”

“Nothing is formed from nothing.” Vincent laughed. “As a God, what you create is made up of matter like anything else, the difference being you can reshape and controle how that matter takes form. The very air around you can be used to create a lush vibrant jungle ripe with life of all kinds, a planet devoid of life can become a garden of eden just by how you reshape the matter in the environment. Even my people need something to form what we create.” He explained, his hand glowed with a strange black and green energy for a moment before it vanished.

“The...hell was that?” I asked carefully. “That...green and black energy, I’ve never felt something like that before, and I’ve at least experienced the presence of at least a dozen different gods.” I said, mostly Asgard being my prime source of that.

“It’s the power of my people.” Vincent explained, the green and black energy returning over his hands. “You know how they say there’s a building block at the smallest level of everything? Even atoms and molecules? Well, this is what makes that building block. While gods can reshape existing matter, we created it’s first forms with this, and from there everything else became physical, spiritual, and then some. Any god can reshape matter or even reality, but with this… my people created matter, energy, and everything this reality holds.”

“Wow…” I blinked. “That’s...certainly something.” I said, not sure what to say at the explanation.

Smiling, Vincent held out that energy covered hand and placed some of that energy into mine. It felt… primal. So… fundamental. Like I was holding every possibility in creation in my hands. I looked closer at the green bits. It almost looked like… ones? Ones and… Zeroes?

"Code?" I asked. "That's...weird, I thought we were in reality, not the matrix?"

“To us, this is reality, doesn’t matter if we come from within a machine or out there in the… Planes… We are alive, and this is just part of reality. Doesn’t matter how it started, all that matters is that we push on.”

"Yeah...this is way above my paygrade…" I said nervously.

“Heh, it’s a lot to take in I imagine. Having been… formed, and lived through the very beginnings, it doesn’t phase me. Now, go on with the lesson.” Vincent said, taking the Code energy from my hands and reabsorbing it.

"Alright...let's at least….try something simple…" I muttered as tried to focus on making something simple, like a caterpillar in my open hand.

I felt the wiggling ticklish sensation hit my palm and jumped, accidentally dropping the small green caterpillar on the grass. Without any show of thanks for it’s new existence, or even a rude gesture for dropping it, it began to wiggle and crawl away. “Good, good.”

Okay now that was also easy… yeesh, I had a harder time learning my fiend forms than this.

“That...was still pretty easy.” I said carefully. “I...honestly expected this to be harder in some way shape or form...like my Fiend Forms.”

“When it comes to what your Godhood, or akin deity title and powers are about, it will be. If you were to try more something along Yevon’s area, then you’d have a harder time about it.”

“And death is...something I’d rather not help spread.” I said nervously. “There’s too much at the moment...and I need to fix that.”

Again, Vincnet Laughed. “Anna, have you been listening? Look around you, this place, all those Changelings. Do they look ‘dead’ to you?”

“They're all souls.” I answered. “But...are you telling me that I can...give everyone here their lives back?”

“Well, yes, but now how you’re thinking.” Vincent sighed. “While yes it is possible for you to return them all to life as they all were before their Physical deaths, that would take you and Yevon both to work it out. Alone, you can reincarnate them, but that would… repress who they are now. While a mortal mind can’t carry the memories of another lifetime when growing into a new one, the soul can and does. If you did that, then you wouldn’t have brought back anyone, just created new people with old souls.”

“Ah...yeah that makes sense…” I started. “So that’s going to take a while to figure out...jeez, this is starting to get complicated in more ways than one…”

“Though… I can teach how to make something that can… help out, in a sense. You already made a mini version.” Vincent said, gesturing to mini Gilda. “While not alive, it will let them experience life in the Physical planes again as if they were, though rather than dream when sleep they will arrive back here, and should that body fail, again, they will return here.”

“Golems.” Gilda spoke up. “You’re gonna teach Anna to make Golems so the people here can pilot them?”

“If they want to, yes. Not everyone who passes on wishes to return to the Physical world. You should always respect their choices in this Anna.”

“Fair.” I nodded. “Gonna have to set up an area for people who want or don’t want to come back…” I muttered carefully. “Gonna be a massive headache but I’m sure I can figure something out...and I can’t wait to see people freak out that I can make so many golems in the waking world.”

“Heh, now, back to the lesson. One more before you awaken.” Vincent said, patting the dear before us still. It awoke but did not run. “This is a baby doe after all, it should have a mother. Father too, if you think you can pull it off.”

“You...want us to take care of the baby doe?” I asked curiously. “As a mother and father?”

“What? No, No. I mean make an adult Doe and Buck to take care of them.”

“Alright, that makes a little more sense.” I said nervously as I took a deep breath. “Alright...time to make two adult Deer...should be simple enough…” I muttered as I tried to create the two adult animals.

With the image in hand, and remembering about air, blood, and a heart, soon before me materialized, seemingly from dust, an adult male deer, and an adult female deer. Both once they manifested, looked around.

The female spotted the young baby and kneeled down, licking and caring for them immediately. “Good work.” Vincent said as the three now walked off into the greenery around us. “Let’s hope they have a better go at life than Bambi.”

“Well...let’s hope so.” I said nervously. “And it’s a good thing that I at least payed attention in Biology cause...I’m pretty sure even with the three main thing’s I could accidentally add or forget to add to a being.”


Waking up we all grabbed our stuff and rapidly headed for the train to the empire.

During the train ride, I practiced making things. Onions. Apples. Watermelon. “Try an orange now.” Gilda said.

I held out my hand, and forming in it appeared an orange.

“I’m still shocked at how easy it is to create life.” I said honestly. “I expected at least some form of hardship based on me never having done this before...but I suppose when you’re literally made to do something you’d be pretty naturally good at it.”

Twilight saw what I could do, and passed out. Gilda began decorating the alicorn with fruit. The orange went just snuggly between her breasts. “At least we’ll never have to worry about food for starters.” They laughed. “Try.. a kiwi.” I tossed them the freshly made kiwi and they put that on Twilight’s left eye.

“You are having way too much fun with this.” I said honestly, as I made a banana and replaced that with the orange.

“Yet you join in.” Gilda chuckled. “Oh, make a Gruthia.”

“The hell’s a Gruthia?” I asked, not actually having heard of that before.

“It’s a special fruit that’s specific to Griffon Territories. It grows in the ground like a potato but once you crack open the tough outside there’s a sweetly tangy jelly like inside. Bro and I used to get them whenever the market had them. The tough skin makes a fairly tasty tea too.”

“Mind giving me a description of it? I’d rather not try and make it with just how it tastes as a description cause I might do something...silly.” I said nervously, scared I’d just make a potato with a jelly filled center.

“Well, it looks like a beetroot, but it’s yellow, and the insides is all white with small black seeds and it tastes a bit like… mango, banana, lemon and peaches all mixed together. One second.” Gilda said, quickly going through their bags until they pulled up a small bag. They pulled out a small nearly clear candy. “The insides are used to make anything from drinks to baked goods and even candy. I keep a few on me as a treat.” They said, popping one in my mouth.

The explosion of sweetness from the peach and banana flavors were quickly complemented by the tang of the lemon and mango, all four flavors merging into a sweetly tango almost tropical combo.

“Sweet lord…” I muttered. “That’s good...alright, let’s try it.” I said as I closed my eyes and tried to create the thing from Gilda’s explanation’s and my current taste test.

What appeared to me looked like, well, a yellow Beetroot. Gilda quickly grabbed and cracked it open. Inside was the clear jelly like inside. They took a sniff before tasting it. “Hmm… Pretty accurate. The smell is a bit different and the skin isn’t as tough as the normal ones but a damn good recreation Anna.” They said, handing me the other jelly like half. “At least the taste is identical.”

“So the one thing I forgot to ask my teacher was...if me doing all of this creation stuff might have some weird adverse effect on things.” I said carefully.

“Like what?” Gilda asked, finishing the insides of the fruit and placing the cup-like remains over where Twilight’s nipples would be. Well, the left one anyway.

“Like...well I’m not creating all of this out of nothing.” I said honestly. “So I’m just confused and slightly concerned I might be either taking away precious air to create all this stuff, and if I do it too much it might cause something bad to happen.”

“Well, plenty of trees, so doubt that’s gonna be an issue, as for that… how big do you think the world is? The universe, whatever else this… massive fuck off reality is? I doubt a single goddess can use it all up, besides, matter cannot be created or destroyed right? So you’re just… efficiently recycling all that matter is all.”

“I...suppose your right.” I said nervously. “And just from what I know right now before my teacher started explaining things...well first of all every pantheon and their ‘worlds’ are all real so there’s at least a massive jump in how big the world is...plus Spira cause of this.”

“Well, what do you plan to do about it?” Gilda asked. I finished my half of the fruit and Giilda placed the other cup-like end over Twilight’s other nipple.

“Well...when I murder Spiral once and for all I think I’m going to go traveling to see how big this place really is.” I said honestly. “And...I can take you and our growing family with us...oh and uh...I figured out that Yevon himself isn’t the...actual problem.”

“Somehow that doesn’t surprise me. So, what else can you make?”

“Technically I can create whatever I want.” I said honestly. “As long as I know what it is...I can just create life.”

“Heh, even passively it seems.” Gilda said, putting a hand to my belly. “Have you tried creating something… that has never existed before? Plant or Animal?”

“That’s technically what I did with that little golem I made of you.” I said honestly. “But other than that...not sure really.”

“Hmm… Do you think you can revive an extinct plant or animal species?”

“I...don’t see why not.” I said honestly. “Why do you ask? Got one specific?”

“Well, as you can tell Dash’s dad taught me a lot about history, so I picked up a few books about animals, plants and even other sentient creatures that aren’t around anymore. Some looked really cool, others I imagined often how they’d taste.”

“Sounds about right.” I nodded. “So, got any of those books and want anything specific recreated?”

“Not with me. Though I bet they have some up in the Empire, maybe even the plants themselves given it’s a thousand years displaced from time.”

“Fair, plus it would be interesting to see what life was there before they froze their asses off.” I said honestly.

“... Say, could you actually grow like a forest there?” Gilda asked. “Like, trees and animals that are built for the cold.”

“Uh...maybe?” I said carefully, unsure if I could do that. “I probably could, but hell if I know how to make things that cold resistant...well, maybe I could use some of my fiend forms to help with that…” I muttered as I kept thinking of new possibilities.

“Heh, you’re a walking terraformer huh.” Gilda said, moving the hand from my belly to hy hips. “How much more are you trying to impress me?”

“Listen...just from this pregnancy my hips, butt and tits might grow a bit because of craving’s and...breast milk…” I blushed a little. “And...well your my mate...my first mate so...you have to tell me when it’s ‘too much’.”

“Anna, for you, there’s no such thing as too much.” They said, giving me a kiss.

I kissed my wonderful griffon back. “That’s what I like to hear.”

“So, wanna fool around? Twilight’s probably gonna be out cold til the end of the trip and I, for one, could use some… attention, like I give you~”

“All you have to do is ask my needy birdy.” I answered happily.


Twilight, as expected, didn’t wake up until after the train came to a stop, long after Gilda and I finished up our little fun. Arriving at the Empire I could feel the… energy here. Like, pure life and… innocence was ripe in the air itself.


“There you are!” We turned, seeing the pink alicorn followed by the white unicorn. Cadence looked… wow… She wasn’t overly busty like some of the girls back home but she… had… IT! I used to envy the hell out of chicks with that figure. Perfect boob to hip ratio with a lovely hourglass waist and thighs that welt with her butt to a very bouncy T.

Shining was also quite the looker. While in his armor his… muscles… “Woof.” Gilda spoke my thoughts. “To both.” We’re so alike~

“You know...I never actually...paid full attention to you two...and good lord am I blind to miss how...gorgeous and sexy the both of you are.” I said in surprise.

“Anna!” Twilight yelped.

“Oh hush Twilight, it’s a complement I am happy to receive.” Cadence stated as she gave all three of us a hug… her fur is like silk… “Welcome to the Crystal Empire! Sombra attack free for the last five months.”

“Heh, those weapons Blueblood gave have been incredibly helpful.” Shining added.

“Also because I absorbed a part of his soul when I beat him.” I added. “Locked up all in here and can’t do anything to anyone.” I said while tapping my head.

“Awh, poor thing.” She said, giving my noggin a kiss… Wow her lips are even silky smooth…

“Cadence!” Twilight yelped.

“What? We are all getting married remember?”

“She passed out after it registered.” Gilda chuckled.

“Heh, yeah that sounds like Twily.” Shining laughed.

“You sound weirdly okay with marrying your sister.” I pointed out.

“Well, we won’t do anything and it’s just on paper. Lots of siblings end up in herds and they never mess around with one another, just the other, non relatives. We can still hang out and be siblings, that won’t change.”

“Seems like everyone gets that but her.” Gilda said.

“Hey!” Twilight huffed. “I’m just… not sure. I mean… we haven’t even… done stuff…”

“Seriously?” Cadence asked.

Twilight began turning red. “I mean… we kinda… cuddled but…”

“She was high off her own endorphins and doesn’t remember much of it.” Gilda finished.

“I’ve never seen anyone be ‘love drunk’ until Twilight.” I added.

Twilight huffed.

“Oh don’t be like that Twilight.” Cadence said, letting go and giving Twilight a single firm hug. “If you need a teacher~”

“Cadence!” Twilight and Shining yelped.

“What? I’m not related to either of you. You know that personally Shiney~” Cadence purred. “Plus, it might happen, never know what some drinks or fun in the dark might lead too~”

“Um...that might raise a problem if these two are in the same room and have one too many.” I said while motioning to Twilight and Shining. “Especially when I’m pretty sure Twilight’s the lightweight of the two.”

“... I can’t take offence to that…” Twilight sighed.

“Well, then we’ll just have to make sure one or the other is sober enough to leave the room.” Cadence said as she let go of Twilight. “Come along, I believe Twilight wanted to… discuss some things in her letter.”

As Cadence walked off, Twilight following, Shining held back with GIlda and I. “Huh… she seems… friskier than usual.” He said.

“That’s not normal for her?” Gilda asked.

“Teasing sure, but that is a level of frisk I have only seen in her a few times. Usually on Hearts and Hooves day.”

“Well...I noticed that the air here is a lot more...pure and full of innocent energy.” I said honestly. “I hope I’m not doing anything to...make it worse.” I muttered, thinking me being a ‘Goddess of Life’ near the ‘Alicorn of Love’ isn’t causing some weird chain reaction.

“Who knows.” Shining shrugged.

“So, how have thing’s been since we last were here?” I inquired.

“Going good. The rebuilding didn’t take very long, and with the Machina weapons we’ve been keeping the wild fiends in the area at bay.”

"That's good." I nodded. "At least no one's been using them against each other…" I muttered to myself.

“Well we do regulate them. Any civilian who wishes to purchase one needs to undergo a two week training course and background check and mental health check. As well as acquire a handling licence and renew it every few years.”

"Well...you're taking this more seriously than back home that's for sure." I said honestly.

“One thing Pony Kind can be known for is that, when taking something seriously, we sometimes overprepare.”

“Better to be safe than sorry.” I said honestly.

As we walked to the castle I kept feeling… hot. The kind that makes me a bit worried my Changeling side is having cravings.

“Uh...is anyone else feeling hot all of a sudden?” I asked carefully.

"Hot as in what?" Shining asked.

"I feel fine." Gilda said.

“I was wondering because I started feeling…’frisky’ hot, and I wasn’t sure if it was from something else or my Changeling craving’s kicking in for some reason.” I said honestly.

"Well, if it was your changeling thing you'd have dragged me off by now." Gilda said. "Or shining here."

Shining colored at that but shook it off. "You…" They started.

"When her changeling form begins to display those pregnancy cravings she gets really horny. Like enough that when it first happened I actually needed to recover from all the friction my member went though." Gilda said.

"I… sadly can relate. Every Hearts and Hooves day Cadence is the same. All the love in the air kinda supercharges her. First time experiencing that I got hospitalized." Shining chuckled weakly. "Dehydration, rug burns, various bruises, bruised pelvis bone, and it was a week before my boys started producing again."

Gilda laughed. "Oh put her and Anna in the same room on that holiday then. I'd pay to see who collapses first."

"Is that a challenge?" I asked.

"More of a perverted take on wrestling." Gilda replied.

"Oh you and Cadence are so going to get along." Shining chuckled.

"Glad to know I'm making a good first impression." I giggled happily.

We were about to enter the throne room when suddenly a pair of guards ran up to Shining. “Prince Shining Armor, there’s new fiends as the barrier on the east side.”

“How many?” Shining asked.

“Just three, but one appears… different.”

“Different how?”

“They… look akin to her species.” The guard motioned to me.

"What do the other two look like?" I asked carefully.

"One of the looks like a heavily decorated Griffon Priestess, and the other looks like her species, but her skin is pure blue and ice seems to form around her even in the harsh snow outside." The guard said carefully as my eyes widened.

"The fuck are Shiva and Valefor doing here?" I asked worriedly.

“Take us there.” Shining said.

The walk to east side of the barrier was fairly quick. Arriving there I saw the two Aeons, Shiva and Valefor… and Yevon in between them. “Uhhh… hi…” He waved awkwardly.

"And what the hell are you doing here?" I asked carefully. "And why are you hiding between...these two beautiful women?" I asked

“THey dragged me here…” Yevon almost growled.

“You two need to talk.” Valefor spoke up.

"That's an understatement." I rolled my eyes. "But again, why are you trying to hide most of yourself behind them?" I asked.

"He's too scared to let you see our makeover we did for him." Shiva answered.

“I look ridiculous!” Yevon yelled.

“I’ll be the judge of that.” I said honestly. “Can’t be too bad right?”

With a chuckle Valefor pushed Yevon forwards. They looked like, well, Yevon, only they were dressed in a white shirt, jean jacket and pants with black boots. “I hate you both…” He growled.

“Oh come on, you look great!” Shiva said. “Besides, you have no idea how hard it was to get your hair cleaned, seriously did you just shove your head in one of those stone walls or something?”

“You look great.” I said to Yevon. “Not as bad as your weird hobo thief years in Spira.” I answered, which I saw Yevon flinch at hearing that. “Yeah...Ifrit made me relive your life on Spira, not sure if that was on purpose or not but...yeah we have a lot to talk about on that alone.”

“Right…” Yevon said, rubbing their arms. “So… what are we going to talk about…”

“Why you didn’t tell me sooner.” I frowned. “I mean seriously...I thought you were the bad guy this entire time and felt like shit because I couldn’t make heads or tails as to why I...honestly feel love for you...could have told me your first visit you were possessed by a dangerous parasite.”

“...”

“He can’t.” Shiva informed. “The… parasite, when not fully controlling him, keeps him on a leash. Yevon is limited in what he can say. It’s like… having a shock collar on. He can’t speak anything, or he gets… painfully corrected.”

“Well...what can he talk about?” I asked carefully.

“Our past… basic stuff… just, nothing about… Spiral or… what he’s doing…” Yevon said.

“Alright…” I sighed out. “So...Gilda, what’s your first response to seeing Yevon and not the...monster behind all the shit that’s been going on?”

“I’d fuck him.” Yevon went so red. “You didn’t tell me he’s hot.”

“So people tell me…” Yevon muttered.

“I wasn’t sure how you’d react so I wanted to save it for your first meeting.” I said to Gilda. “Alright, what question do you have for us Yevon?”


“How have you been… recovering? Usually when you… save a prior timeline, you’re comatose for a… while.”

“No idea cause I don’t...remember being in a comatose state.” I said honestly. “I was just born back on Earth...died protecting my little brother...and then woke up in Equestria because God said ‘have fun in reality’.”

“Same as the prior times.” Yevon muttered. “You relive that day while comatose, then wake back up not remembering the memory you dreamed about. Makes sense, that was the day everything for you changed.”

“Yes..nothing like having a tank blow up half your house and get impaled by a support beam…” I sighed out. “But something you should know about...I met your dad and the jackass that possessed him.” I said honestly.

“My… My parents were… part of a Fayth.” Yevon said. “Since I was three.”

“I saw that...wait, I’m sorry, I meant your uncle.” I shook my head. “Sorry just...there’s a whole lot I’m still processing while talking with those two…” I rubbed my forehead

“Okay, wait, Uncle Vincent survived all that?”

“Considering Vincent is my teacher in being a Goddess of Life...and him being something much bigger than that...I’d say he’s survived much worse.” I said carefully.

“I… what?”

“It’s really complicated...but hey, I leared how to create life.” I said as I gently tapped the snow with my foot as a flower suddenly bloomed through it. “I...don’t know how to create life that can fully sustain itself in snow yet but I can do it.”

“That’s… amazing! It usually takes you years before you can do that again.” Yevon said. “Usually seven to fifteen depending… and you’re doing it now in just under half a year since you woke up…”

“That’s what happens when I have a proper teacher on things.” I said honestly. “Still can’t believe it’s this easy.”

“Well, it’s what you’re best at.” Yevon said with a nod. “So, what about souls? Any luck there yet?”

“I have all their lives in me and...I was told that I needed your help to give them back their lives if they wanted.” I said carefully.

“Yeah, the act of resurrection requires both my powers and yours. We’ve done it a few times but even so it’s not easy for us. Kinda breaks the natural flow of life but we’ve managed up to… ten at a time, when we both were at our peaks.”

“Alright...cause I have a lot of people that were wrongly murdered that might want to come back.” I said honestly.

“Yes, but I meant creating whole new souls or stitching the Pyreflies back into a whole soul? That was your specialty.”

“Huh...didn’t know I could do that.” I said honestly.

“Of course. Souls, making and fixing them is all in your domain. Mine is more… Spiritual and such…”

“Fair enough.” I nodded. “But I might still need your help to bring back all the changelings that were killed...a while ago.”

“Yes, we can start that once your full range of powers have returned.”

“Fair enough.” I nodded. “Gonna take a while...plus I need to ask all the changelings who want to come back.” I added.

“So, how long are you, ya know, free from… that issue?” Gilda asked.

“It varies. Longest he… didn’t take over, was two years. Course when he did… well, that timeline went south… so badly…”

“So the longer he isn’t puppeting you the worse off the result in the end.” Gilda summarized.

“That’s the gist of it. He can use my powers and such when he does but he can’t… think, properly. It’s basically imagine his brain works… differently, wired differently. When he takes me over he’s limited in his mental capacities.”

“Well...alrighty then.” I nodded. “But hey, I figured out how to stop him finally.” I said honestly.

“How?”

“Through some good old fashion murder.” I said simply.

“You’ve killed him sixty four thousand times… he doesn’t stay dead long.”

“Well from what Vincent told me is that I haven’t been killing him hard enough.” I said honestly. “But...wow, I didn’t think I killed it that many times.”

"Yeah… after a while it also… fought back…"

“I saw…” I sighed out. “And it tried to attack me when I was looking through an old memory…”

"Yeah… Look, Anna… I've set up…. Well, I guess you could call them challenges to help you regain your powers. I've linked an Aeon to each and every one of them, and I did so with EVERY Aeon I have left."

“And...how many Aeon’s do you have?” I asked. “Cause we have the main Aeon’s I know...but is there any other Aeon’s I should know about?”

"I have… twenty left. The others here… they will soon join the others in the rest in the challenges. Some have been around longer than others. I do this… every timeline… if… you can't completely… win, this time… it might be the last timeline."

"Why do you say that?" I asked worriedly, also massively concerned about his safety if he wasn't allowed to say this stuff.

"Because… if I run out of Aeons to help repower you, then he can… try and get to you as well. Every time I use the Aeons to help empower you, I can't grip onto him when he… attacks you. Anna, he doesn't want to kill you, he wants to possess you, like he does me. With both of us tied to his strings, he'll have both creation and destruction and can properly think within the Physical and ethereal planes. And then no Gods can stop him."

"Oh…" I started. "Well then...this got a fuck ton heavier than I thought...and I just wanted to rescue my family damn it…" I grumbled.

"Please Anna...we're all tired…" Valefor said sadly. "Even we Aeons, physical manifestations of the soul and empowered by belief...we can only endure so much…"

"We'll help as best we can…" Shiva sighed out. "But as long as we're mostly bound to Yevon here...we cant do much unless Spiral takes the reigns…" Shiva shivered in disgust at remembering how it took her over.

"... What is Spiral, exactly?" Gilda asked.

"An Eldritch Elder God. While he is a parasite, he is still of the strongest of gods in existence."

"Shit, no wonder he's so hard to kill."

“So that’s why…” I muttered. “Well, then I just have to murder him harder than.”

"Anna, only one thing in all existence can even really hurt an Eldritch god, let alone an Eldritch Elder God. And THAT is another Eldritch Elder God or, something higher and I don't know if such a being even exists." Yevon said.

“They do…” I started. “That’s what Vincent is...and that’s what possessed Vincent.”

"Will they even help us?" Gilda asked.

“Vincent’s my teacher in the way’s of Life for starters, and Junior...well I think he’s going to help, but he’s...kind of an ass from what little I’ve talked to him.”

"Any help would be great… I don't know what Spiral-agh!" Yevon started but suddenly his whole body was covered in black puss as the Aeons next to him did too.

Gilda held me back from crossing the barrier and eventually Yevon stood back up. "Now that's enough of that, silly God." Yevon spoke as they stood up… Spiral… "Good to see you again, Anna my sweet."

“You're the asshole…” I growled.

"Oh don't be like that. You are much cuter when you're terrified."

“I’m not afraid of you, especially now that I know your just a useless sack of shit that needs Yevon to do everything for you.”

"Words may hurt but I know what I am. Besides, even if you don't fear me, so many others do." He said, spinning on their heel as suddenly in a flash of Pyreflies, three… children, human kids all… Unsent. "Did you know, while I control these adorable flesh bags, their minds are forever kept in a hell of their own design? The young scare so easily, and were they alive their little hearts would have stopped ten times over." He snapped their fingers, the kids vanishing back into Pyreflies. "Especially you. Still such a child, still so afraid for the mortal blood you call family."

“And did you know I’m going to murder you so hard you won’t ever come back?” I asked. “Cause I’m going to make sure that happens asshole.”

Smirking, Spiral opened their hand, Pyreflies flowing out. It showed me… making that same threat. Over… and over. "A promise, or a petty threat? You're out classed Little Goddess." He said, a vortex of Pyreflies appearing behind him as he walked inside, the two possessed Aeons following.

“It’s a promise.” I growled as I turned into the Chocobo Eater and tried to punch the guy as hard as I could.

They didn't move, simply raising a hand as that black puss flowed out. Immediately on contact the puss burned like the foulest poison and the strongest acid. Shifting back my whole arm was completely burned down to the bone. I screamed as Gilda, Shining and Cadence tried to bandage me as Spiral simply smirked, walking into the vortex and then it was gone.

“Asshole…” I growled as I tried to heal my arm with whatever magic I had. “I’m going to kill that bastard…”

It took a while, and every second of it was agony, but my Pyreflies eventually healed the damage. Still, my whole arm feels numb.

"New rule, no insulting Eldritch gods." Gilda said as he sat on the couch and I laid across it, resting my head on their legs. "Especially ones that hurt you that badly."

“Fine fine…” I grumbled. “So...that fucking sucks.” I said while stretching my hand out to make sure it was all good. “And here I was hoping for a nice simple visit…”

"Well simple is a luxury for us."

“Sadly…” I sighed out. “So yeah...that was Yevon and that was also Spiral...at least people liked Yevon…”

"I can definitely see why you love them." Gilda laughed, petting my head. "So… pressure sure is on it seems. Think those two you talked about will help us?"

“My teacher’s? Hopefully.” I said honestly. “And...well I was really confused and panicked by ‘loving’ Yevon, because I thought he was the big bad...but now that I know that there’s someone else behind all this…I guess I can actually love the dork for who he is.”

"Heh. So, the usual life threatening issues aside… how are you going to do this while… pregnant?"

“I...I don’t know…” I started worriedly, putting a hand on my stomach. “I...I completely forgot...too many things are happening…”

"Hey, we'll figure something out. I'm sure your teachers can, well, teach you something."

“I trust Vincent to help me here...Junior on the other hand…” I said carefully. “He’s doing this because he doesn’t want to feel bored anymore.”

"Hm. So he's a wild card then. Well, even a wild card has uses."

“True.” I nodded. “He might be able to teach me how to shapeshift...which I also need to start hunting for more Fiends...and I still need to figure out how to save my mom and dad…” I threw up my hands. “Fuck! I’ve been so caught up in all this god like bullshit I forgot about my brother and parents…” I teared up as everything just kind of smacked me all at once.

"Hey, hey, relax. You're just one person. God or not this is a lot of shit for anyone's plate. Everything will be fine, we just got to organize things first. And we already know a nerdy organizer, don't we?"

“Y-yes…” I sniffled. “Yes, we have an adorkable organizer.”

"Exactly. Plus, you aren't alone. Those Valkyrie chicks, Thor and his brother, you got help, we just have to make a plan, and ten bits say Shining Armor and Blueblood can help out there flawlessly."

“Th-thanks Gilda.” I said softly, rubbing the tears out of my eyes. “What would I do without you?”

"Panic. Masturbate. Panic some more." I laughed, giving Gilda a punch. They laughed. "Am I wrong?"

“Sadly no.” I said honestly. “But hey...I’m glad to not be alone in this.”

"Well that's what family and friends are for." Gilda smiled.

“Yeah...that’s what family and friends are for.” I agreed with my own smile.

To be continued...