• Published 26th Feb 2020
  • 3,814 Views, 46 Comments

Fiend Shifter - Xinrick



End of the world sent me to a new world with cool powers...now I need to save my family.

  • ...
13
 46
 3,814

Chapter 4

So after giving the retired Blitzball Player and Ronso Leader a quick rundown on where they are and what the hell is going on we started heading back to Ponyville. “So...any questions?” I asked the two curiously.

"I doubt any I ask I'll like the answer too." Wakka said while Ronso just shook their head. "I guess odds are that Tidus, Yuna, and all the rest of them are stone statues too huh?"

"Um...Tidus is in a special place." I said nervously. "And...I don't know how to get you there since I normally get there through dreams.” I said honestly.

"Hm. Strange. So this place is linked to our world, and stuff from our world spills into this one, but what about the reverse?"

“I have no idea.” I shrugged. “You’ll have to ask Discord that...and even then…” I trailed off, even though I was given the run down something about that explanation irked me and I didn’t know why. “So what’s the last thing you two remember?”

"Hmm… we were fighting Sin, it was going bad. Real bad, then there were two of them, as if one was not enough for us to put up with, and there was a blinding light that appeared out of nowhere shortly after the second Sin showed up. Then we woke up here." Wakka explained.

I stopped mid step. “Uh...excuse me? Did I hear that right?” I asked nervously.

"Would I lie about there suddenly being two Sins?" Wakka asked defensively.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to say anything wrong.” I responded quickly. “Just uh...that shouldn’t happen...like, that should be literally impossible.”

"No kidding. Actually…" Wakka said aloud in thought. "That second Sin… acted odd. It ignored us."

“What was it doing?” I asked curiously.

Wakka thought back. "Actually, nothing. Just kinda… showed up, Did nothing, then there was that light."

“That’s...really weird.” I said worriedly. “Did it look any different than the one you were fighting?”

"Hmmm… not that I can remember. Yuna got a better loot at it than I did."

“Khimari? Did you notice anything?” I asked the silent Ronso.

They shook their head.

I sighed. Mystery for later than. We left the old castle and headed back to town. Upon arrival Twilight was asking them questions, mostly about their world and all that and finally sent a letter to the princesses about this news. "I still can't believe they were encased in stone, like criminals or villans." Twilight huffed.

“I have no idea how or why they were encased, but it wasn’t because of someone thinking they were villains.” I said honestly. “It was...probably due to something, or someone, wanting to make sure they stayed alive to do something specific…”

"That's not very assuring either." She sighed, looking her notes over. "Still, at least everypony is preparing. Celestia is sending over some combat spells for myself and Rarity, and the girls all plan on picking on some helpful skill. Can't have you fighting these monsters all on your own."

“Well...would be nice for the help.” I shrugged. “But right now I need to find...nine more Fiends to start a boss fight to save my brother...oh uh, what the hell's up north?” I asked curiously.

"Wish we had a way of locating them or predicting their arrival."

“So do I…” I sighed out while bringing out my ‘Menu’ sphere and looking through it. “I mean...if I could find an upgrade for this maybe it could work like that, but I don’t know anyone, besides Discord and god only knows where he is, that can tinker with this thing.”

"Hmm…" Twilight hummed, looking it over, blinking then looked at it again. "Say, that's a crystal orb right?"

“Uh...maybe?” I said nervously. “I don’t actually know what it’s made out of. I mean, it’s most likely made out of crystal…”

"It's because you asked about the north. Passed Equestria's northern border and in the center of the Frozen North is the Crystal Empire, their magic and knowledge on anything crystal is older than Equestrian itself. If anyone can examine that orb and understand it's magic properly it's likely somepony up that way. My brother and sister in law act as it's rulers so they can help us find the best."

“That would help a lot.” I nodded. “Cause...well I’m gonna have to go up there to do some bad guy stopping after I save my brother.”

"I'll send a letter to them to let them know we'll be coming. Hopefully after some training so the girls can keep the fort here in Ponyville so you and I can head up there."

“That would be good. Let’s hope Khimari and Wakka are up for some traveling.” I said honestly.


The next day a pair of Royal guards arrived with a wagon of combat spells. Twilight and Rarity read over them while one of the guards taught the others combat. Save for Fluttershy who was firmly against violence. Instead they got Zecora to help the timid mare learn to brew healing potions and mana potions for the group.

I spent this time mastering my current forms while letting the ones fighting attack me in a Fiend form. Applejack took use of a sword and shield combo, Rainbow Dash a spear, and Pinkie Pie… was that a pink Blitz Ball?

“Okay first up, where did you find a Blitzball? And two...is Wakka your teacher?” I asked Pinkie.

"I made it and nope!" The pink mare declared, throwing the ball at me at high speed. It hit, exploded in a puff of confetti, glitter, and candy, and left me stunned as I watched her pull another from her very puffed out curly hair.

"It's Pinkie Pie, Don't question it." Applejack explained.

“I will indeed question it...like how the hell she knows what the hell a Blitzball is.” I frowned.

"It's a ball you use to blitz!" Pinkie stated matter of factly. "Duh? Isn't it obvious?" Pinkie said, her left ear twitching as suddenly she raised the ball in both hands to her right, a framilier Blue Blitz Ball hit hers and the impact sent it flying up into the air where Wakka jumped up to catch it. "Sneaky attacks!"

"Let's see how well you can use it little filly." Wakka teased as they landed.

"Bring it!" Pinkie said, she and Wakka now in their own duel off to the side of the field.

"Like AJ said… don't question it." Rainbow Dash said, she and Applejack shrugging.

I shook my head. “Well whatever…” I sighed out. “Let’s keep going then.”

At the day's end Aj, Pinkie and Dash all had a descent handle on combat with their respective weapons, Fluttershy knew the basics of potions and how to brew them, even made two while learning with Zecora and Rarity and Twilight each had a small library of combat spells at their use. Twilight's focusing on defence, based on her brother's own shield spells, and manipulation of the environment to deal impacts. Rarity took more of a classic mage approach, knowing two ice type spells, one fire, three lightning ones and a simple healing spell.

“Alright, that should be enough for today.” I said while taking a swig from my water bottle.

With a nod everyone went home, the guards who helped everyone learn to handle and swing their weapons returned to Canterlot. "Looks like we can head out for the Crystal Empire tomorrow." Twilight said with a yawn. "Rarity has a few copies of the company spell tomes and notes on my brother's shield spell so if anything happens while we are gone the girls can all handle it. With luck it won't take long for them to find someone to help figure out your orb."

“That would be for the best.” I nodded. “But I’m gonna have to also talk with Luna and Pipsqueak, cause I can’t really do my job as Pipsqueaks personal guard if I’m off doing other things.” I said honestly.

"I'm sure you can get him to tag along. I know Luna won't mind, as of his adoption he is now royalty so a visit to our neighbors in the north would be good for them."

“Alright, I’ll go give Luna a call and talk to her about some stuff...good thing those message mirrors work.” I sighed out thankfully.

"Yeah, just hope she is there to answer it." Twilight added.

“She should.” I shrugged. “Well, have a nice night Twilight, don’t keep yourself up...again.” I said, having seen her up at any time in the night when I decided to take a nightly stroll when I couldn’t get much sleep.

"Right back at you." She elbowed me lightly.

As night came I managed to get a hold of Princess Luna. "So those statues were people all along. That's quite concerning. Petrification as a punishment is typically reserved for the worst vial criminals, it has been that way ever since Celestia and I outlawed the death sentence. For two Hero's to have had it happen to them is disheartening to learn."”

“I have a feeling it wasn’t done as punishment...but more like keeping them ‘safe’ like a time capsule.” I explained. “Considering they did a dimension jump due to reasons...outside what I could imagine…”

"Which begs the question why you were not affected the same way they were? You yourself come from another reality so what was the difference between them and you?" Luna asked.

“I had someone hold the door open for me and let me in, the others were just kinda...thrown through the closed door as it were.” I said honestly.

"Hmm. Any being capable of doing that is also concerning, but yours seems to be of good will while whatever is making these cracks isn't. Also, why is it I can not seem to enter your dreamscape? I have attempted to do so many times and each time I am met with failure."

“It’s...a little strange honestly.” I said worriedly. “I’m...weirdly sent to a dream world, a shared one. I don’t know how you can’t get in…” I said, not sure how to explain Zanarkand to her. “Oh, but I don’t want to get side tracked, I’m gonna need to head to the Crystal Empire tomorrow to figure stuff out and get more forms since they seem to not spawn enough here. Want me to take Pip with me?”

Luna just seemed to be pondering her thoughts. "Yes. I shall accompany then. There is something I would like to test regarding this dream world you share and it requires an in person meeting. I shall meet you at the Ponyville train station tomorrow morning and we will depart for the Crystal Empire shortly after."

“Thank you Princess.” I nodded. “Hopefully I can solve some things in the meantime…”

"Yes. In the days to come I feel we will need more answers than we might want." With that, Luna cut the call and I sighed.

“Damn it…” I muttered while looking over at Pip, seeing the young colt sleeping soundly in his bed. “Why can’t things be simple for once?”


Nothing much happened in my dream world. Some practice blocking and dodging in my forms and that was about it. Morning came and I helped Pip and Twilight pack as we headed out for the train station. There Princess Luna awaited us, next to her was two guards and… a pure white coated unicorn stallion dressed in an equally white tux with a red tie and a long, well kept slightly curly blonde mane.

“And who’s tall, blond, and stereotyped?” I asked, trying to remember who that stallion was cause I did skim through this world's show when I was a bit younger.

"Blueblood." Twilight said with a sigh. "Princess Celestia and Luna's nephew, and a prince as well. Though I am wondering why he is here? He typically never leaves Canterlot." Twilight said with a mixed look of annoyed and confused.

“Alright Luna, what’s the deal with, who I can only guess, is called Prince Blueballs behind his back?” I asked curiously.

Luna sighed, looking back at her Nephew. "Asking him, he says he wants to meet his new cousin. Frankly I do not like it at all. He is a bad influence."

“Alright, so since it’s ‘rude’ to talk about someone right here.” I said while looking at Blueblood. “What’s the deal with you?”

"I am a royal, it's well within my rights to both travel to our neighbors up north, talk trade and get to know my new cousin." Blueblood said, his eyes falling on Pip. There was a moment of silence for a time as the two looked at one another before Blueblood gave the young Colt a smile. "Speaking of, hello there child."

"Hi." Pip replied quite casually, oblivious to the tension in the air.

"Quite younger than I expected, but then again I guess Cadence isn't the best to reference in terms of what age one can be adopted into the royal family." Blueblood shrugged.

“Luna can adopt a kid without ‘Royalty’ being apart of it you know that right?” I asked simply.

"Actually…" Luna started. "For any of the royals to claim a child or pony as family, they are immediately made a royal. Been that way since Equestria's founding, Pipsqueak as of my sighing the adoption papers is a Prince of Equestria just as Blueblood is."

"Seems your personal knight needs some educating in our lands history and politics, doesn't she cousin." Blueblood said. The insult didn't hurt, but Pip's small laugh did.

“That was an insult on me not knowing things Pip.” I said, looking at the stallion and could just tell this bastard tramples over whoever they want, whenever they want because they’re ‘Royalty’.

"The train will be arriving soon, and I do follow in good faith Anna," I cringed as he said my name. "I even brought you a present." He snapped his fingers, two royal guards heading behind the stations and walking back over with a covered cage, and a high pitched screeching coming from it. They took off the cover, and inside was a Floating Eye Fiend. "I do believe this is one variation you haven't yet acquired?"

I looked back through my summons, seeing that I got a Bat Eye from...way later in the game. “Yes, a much earlier variant than the one I have, but still one I need to collect.” I said while pulling out my staff as water surrounded the Floating Eye, the sphere turning more solid and drowning the damn thing. “But thank you for the new form.” I said, the Pyreflies flying towards me as I absorbed them, getting a new form and being one step closer to saving my brother.

"You may despise me, and I you, but I am no fool. These creatures have damaged Equestria in the past and have returned to do so again now. You're unique power likely holds means of ending it, at least, that's what Auntie Celestia believes." Blueblood said.

"And your own thoughts?" Luna asked, though her tone made it more of a demand.

Blueblood just kept his smile as he looked me over. "It takes a monster to deal with monsters." He said as the train for the Crystal Empire began arriving.


On the train ride Twilight did decide to help teach me some Equestrian history given I really didn't know anything. Frankly I was keeping an eye on Pip, who was sitting next to Blueblood… well, next to as in the seat across and Luna next to Pip glaring a look at the unicorn that should have set him on fire. Sadly despite that Blueblood and Pip kept talking.

My attention was brought back to Twilight as the mention of a war over cheese...

“Hold up hold up...a war on Cheese?” I started. “Luna I’m gonna need some context here.”

"I was banished at the time and had the same reaction." Luna said, not looking over at me when she spoke and keeping her glare on Blueblood. I decided to snack on some cheese nearby.

Twilight chuckled. "It really was rather silly. Didn't last longer than two months. Basically dairy was in high demand and the Nation of Cattledonia was placing high trade taxes on their dairy exports, mainly cheese. In the end though Cattledonia became part of Equestria, and these days thanks to Cattledonia's resources Equestria has dairy from every milkable creature from cows to, well, we ponies. A good 22% of Equestrian dairy products is made from mare milk."

At that, I stopped snacking on my cheese and just stared at it for a long while.

“I...can never look at cheese the same again…” I said sadly.

"Do they not milk mares in your world?" Twilight asked curiously, taking one of the cheese cubes I was eating before that little discovery. "Or your own?"

“Okay first up, I’m eighteen.” I started while covering my D-cup breasts protectively. “Secondly, we milk Cows and Goats, not every mammal gives milk suitable for human consumption. And even though...people weirdly started buying human breast milk for hundreds of dollars thinking it could make people get more fit…” I sighed out. “Also magic doesn’t exist on our world like here so that might explain it also."

"Huh." Was Twilight's only reply as she ate more cheese squares. "I guess magic does play a small part. Any other differences between our worlds?"

“So many things…” I sighed out. “Like species for example, while we do have ponies, cows, deer and horses...a lot of other things are just ‘myth’, like Minotaurs, Griffon’s, Unicorns and Pegasi.” I said honestly. “But then the races that do exist in my world are...well ‘Feral’ as it were here. Then there’s the fact that you’re technology is so wildly inconsistent on itself alone, ranging from middle ages farming and building to out of nowhere TV’s, Conveyor Belts and DJ systems, on my world technology has been a consistent trend, where we’ve gone to the moon, went to deeper parts of space, going down deeper into the deepest trenches, and being able to gain information from anywhere at anytime, and so much more.” I explained.

"Your species went to your world's moon?"

“Yep, cause that’s what tech can do.” I said honestly.

"Is it like our moon?"

“Um...yes, but no one controls it.” I said honestly. “It’s a big hunk of rock in the range of our planets gravity that messes with the tides and looks pretty when it’s full.”

“How’s the weather?” Luna asked, still not looking away from Blueblood. “Ours is normally pretty cold but never drops below forty five degrees.”

“Uh...Fahrenheit or Celsius?” I asked curiously. “And where would this weather be? Because from my...bad math, if it’s Fahrenheit that’s only thirteen degree’s above freezing, and Celsius it would be a hundred and thirteen degree’s Fahrenheit.”

“Was chilly but manageable. I was stuck there for a thousand years. If it was that hot or that cold I wouldn’t be here. Nightmare Moon or not.”

“Luna does have a point.” Twilight added. “Our moon might be cold but it can support life.”

“Oh, you mean living on the Moon?” I asked in confusion.

“Well, yeah.”

“You do know that the Moon is in the Vacuum of Space right?” I asked. “You either burn to a crisp because you’re too close to the Sun, which my planet revolves around instead of someone controlling it, or about negative four hundred and fifty five degrees Fahrenheit.” I said. “So unless you literally have a moon base up there, it ain’t happening.”

“We have magic and a natural flow of life energy between the moon, Equis and the sun that allows the moon to support life. Getting there requires a lot of magic but it’s safe to be up there.” Luna said, finally turning to look at me. “I know the celestial body I control well Anna.”

“Only magic can say ‘hey, you can live in a place that has no breathable air or protection from the Sun literally giving you cancer’.” I said honestly.

“Our moon does have an atmosphere you know.” Twilight said, giving me a raised eyebrow. “How… big is your world's moon?”

“Um…” I thought back. “I...heard it’s about a fourth the size of Earth...so it’s Radius would be over a thousand miles?” I said. “How big is your moon?”

"Just shy of four thousand miles on it's radius."

Their moon is the size of my old planet?! … but at night it looks no bigger than back on earth… how big is this planet?

"Uh...it looks no different than mine...how big is this planet?" I asked worriedly.

"980, 472 miles in Its radius." Twilight said.

That's… that's pretty fucking massive….

“That’s…” I started. “Uh...I’m not good at math, so can someone tell me how heavy this planet must weigh?” I asked nervously.

Luna shrugged. As did Twilight. "The gravity from your world compared to ours, you should be a pancake if not atoms under the gravitational pull. It seems whatever sent you here adapted either your body or your magic to automatically adjust to this world." Blueblood of all people I formed. "An interesting magical effect. We have something similar with our own internal passive magic but even so we'd still be moving around like birds in flight on the moon."

I blinked, my mind somehow rapidly telling me the calculations of this Planet. “You...do you know that the weight of this planet is somewhere in the Septe-decillion pounds right?”

Blueblood shrugged. "It keeps us alive and that is all that should matter."

“Which shouldn’t happen, cause even if Gravity was weird due to magic on the surface, literally anything in Space would have been pulled in by this planets gravitational force, I’m pretty sure Celestia and you aren’t actually controlling the Sun and Moon, but pushing them away so they don’t crash into this place!” I said, steam literally coming out of my head as I honestly couldn’t fathom how Magic and Magic alone could keep not only this planet safe from being destroyed because of Gravity, but it’s inhabitants safe as well.

Luna looked at me offended. "You think my moving of the moon is a lie?" She asked defensively.

“No, and your nights are beautiful, but magic can only go so far as to explain how...this hasn’t had meteor’s or other things rushing in from space.” I sighed out. “Sorry, I’m still...getting through more of the magic side of the planet here...it’s just so outlandishly different from my world where we had no magic…”

"I guess that would make our world even more of an adjustment." Twilight said.

“And a lot of other things…” I sighed out.

"Guess it just goes to show, there is always something bigger. Person, planet, monster." Blueblood said in a neutral tone. The windows began showing more white and snow that soon replaced the green entirely. "We're in the Frozen North now. Few more hours and we'll be in the Empire."

“Well...it’s certainly frozen that’s for sure.” I said honestly.

The snow outside seemed endless. It went so high that after maybe a mile or so the snow went well above the train's height but was kept at bay. Odds are by magic… hot beverages were given out as we all smacked and for the most part things relaxed. Luna and Pip napped next to one another, Twilight was reading a book and I noticed Blueblood looking at a single price of paper. The same one for the past half hour.

“Okay, so what are you reading?” I asked simply. “You’ve been looking at the same piece of paper for half an hour.”

He looked an eye over to me then back at the paper. "It's nothing of importance." They said bluntly.

“It must be if a ‘Prince’ has been looking at it for half an hour.” I countered simply.

"Royalty can't do anything of unimportance?" He countered.

“Is it a photo or something?” I asked.

"If it of importance to our security that you know?" They asked, almost bored.

“Is it of importance that you need to give me a roundabout on this when you’re obviously bored?” I asked honestly.

They rolled their eyes, single handedly filing the paper and placing it in their suits inside coat pocket. "Perhaps rather than trying to indulge yourself in my personal affairs, we can talk shop. Primarily, the relics arrive alongside these monsters."

“Relics?” I asked curiously.

"Oh! A lot of these monsters in the past alongside them arrived a lot of weird artifacts. You brought some?" Twilight asked Blueblood.

"Half the reason I am on this train is to compare some recently discovered ones up in the empire to the ones we've had since their earliest appearances." Blueblood stated. "If they are new or related I am to bring them back to Equestria for proper cataloguing and research." He stood. "Let's go see the ones I brought with."

A walk between the carts behind us and we got to the cargo cart. Here there were several crates with royal seals as Blueblood used their magic to open the lid off. Inside was… Machina, grenades and guns to be exact. Their designs were way different from my worlds but they are easily identifiable.

“Machina?” I frowned while picking up one of the guns. “Yeah...I know exactly what these are...question, did you find any weird bipedal ones, that had spear arms?” I asked, looking over the gun I picked up.

"In pieces." Blueblood said, taking out a folder from their coat pocket and inside showed pictures and sketches of the broken automatons.

“Sheesh, didn’t expect those to get here as well.” I said honestly. “I know what these are...and what they do if you ever want to ask.”

"Nothing good I can bet." Twilight said aloud looking at the photos. "Who could build such weapons? Were the Fiends even worse on their world that these things were used to fight them off?"

“Well...not entirely.” I said while putting the gun down. “But that’s not something you two should worry about.” I shook my head, not wanting to tell Blueblood or Twilight about what these weapons were used for. “Just know that they used to help fight against Fiends.”

"Then perhaps their purpose should be revived." The prince said, picking up the one I put down. "I know how they work, how they are built. Some improvements, enchantments, and we might not even need your aid Anna."

“At the moment...no.” I shook my head. “Believe me...as someone who’s lived in an age where these types of weapons are not only much better designed and used more widely…” I trailed off bitterly. “It’s better you don’t have these weapons...better to live in fantasy land anyway…” I muttered the last part, still hating those bastards back on Earth when the world ended.

"And when said world is covered in it's own blood?"

“Excuse me?” I asked curiously.

"You can't be everywhere at once Anna. How many guards, civilians, children, do you think have already died because of these fiends? This was well before you ever arrived and well before you began helping. Towns like Ponyville while small have had losses. A dozen or so. Cities like Canterlot, Manehattan, Trottingham, thousands are up and missing and only a few hundred are found as mangled corpses. Either we save ourselves." Blueblood then looked over at me. "Or let you save us and let hundreds to thousands more die in the wait."

“And then you start killing each other with these stupid things.” I frowned. “Protecting against Fiends? Sure, I’m all for that...I’d just rather not see a repeat of my world…” I sighed out.

"Oh trust me, there will be blood on all our hands, whether it's that if fiends or that of ponies, well, that's up to us."

"I'd like to think ponies are better than that…" Twilight said quietly.

"We aren't." Blueblood replied flatly.

“And that’s why I’d rather these not be used, cause when one murder happens with a gun, then another one will happen, and then it will continue to spiral into more pointless deaths cause ‘I have the power’.” I shook my head. “That’s why I said ‘better to live in fantasy land’...”

"We might be a 'fantasy' to you." Blueblood said, putting the machina pistol into his coat pocket. "But this is our reality, and it's far bloodier than you might be willing to accept."

“Trust me...this world is a lot cleaner than my world.” I said honestly. “And I’d rather not talk about brutality here…”

Blueblood gave me a quick look before leaving for the door. "Then you're a fool for thinking this world is clean." He said as he left back to the passenger carts.

“Did I not say that this world is cleaner and not completely clean?” I asked Twilight. “Or do people just like to ignore half the things I’m saying?”

"I think he means that looks are deceiving." Twilight shrugged. "I guess he would know though, Princess Celestia did make him head of Equestria's international security."

“Sounds about right.” I said honestly. “But yeah...I never once said that this world is clean of blood, just that it’s cleaner. Cause even your wars sounded a lot cleaner than my world's wars.” I said, wanting to say they sounded sillier but then my world had silly wars too.

"Not… all of them." Twilight said with a frown. "The last major bloody battle was… before Nightmare Moon was banished for a thousand years. I didn't bring a book on it but I'm pretty sure the crystal empire's library has some copies."

"Good to know." I nodded. "God...this isn't gonna be good…" I muttered while rubbing my temple.le.

"You do know he's going to put these weapons in the hands of the guard anyway, right?" Twilight said as she used her magic to put the lid back on and seal the box back up. "He's never trusted anyone's word on anything save Princess Celestia and even then she has to convince him."

“I know, but then the guard might do exactly what me and Blueblood fully expect they shouldn’t do.” I said honestly and sadly.

"All I can say for certain is that Princess Celestia will be on this project. She typically is on anything Blueblood oversees so she will make sure he doesn't go too far. As far as I know she is the only pony who can reel him in when he either is going overboard or is taking paranoia contingency planning too far."

“It’s not what Blueblood does that’s the issue.” I said simply while picking up one of the guns, a rifle, and putting it over my shoulder with a thankful sling that came with it. “It’s what the people with the guns will do to their fellow people. Can you say, with absolute certainty, that whoever is holding one of these won’t use it against someone for basically no reason?” I asked Celestia’s personal student as I had my staff and rifle across my back comfortably.

"No… at least not without the proper safety enchantments." Twilight sighed. "Huh, strange." Twilight said as she picked one of the other rifles up. On it was a small emblem. It was the symbol for Yevon. But, upside down. "I've seen this before."

“What do you mean?” I asked curiously, wondering why an upside down Yevon symbol would be on that gun.

"This is the logo of a Minotaur Blacksmith Guild. They are famous for their crafts in machines of metal. Huh, guess Blueblood has them making these things already."

That concerned me...a lot. “Oh sweet god no…” I muttered. “Question, has anyone ever...not died due to force of will?” I asked nervously. “Like, the person is dead but they keep going like nothing ever happened to them without the need of necromancy?”

"No." Twilight replied, looking at me with a raised brow.

“Alright…” I started. “I’m gonna have to talk to Blueblood about this...cause I know quite a bit about that symbol when it’s right side upl...and it can’t be good.”

"Care to know what that symbol means to the Minotaurs?" Twilight asked as she put the rifle back.

“Yes, I would like to know what the Minotaurs believe that symbol to be.” I said honestly.

"It's a really cool story. I wrote an essay on it once back in Celestia's school. So, basically about six thousand years ago, the Minotaurs were a race of nomadic warriors. Challenging any and all they crossed along their roads. Well, one day their lands were beginning to lose their water, lands dried up and plant life withered. A famine never before seen. The shaman of a more mystic tribe of the Minotaurs informed them a star had grown angery of their barbaric and violent ways, and out of spite, took the life away from their lands. Years passed and the once bountiful lands of the Minotaurs were barren desserts without a drop of water within their borders. Many left, but just as many stayed, and one day when the remnants of the once proud and powerful Minotaurs who stayed to die in their ancestral land felt the land shake, and in the distance a price of the heavens fell to our world. Turns out, that spiteful star angered another in their cruel deed, and had been in battle with another. The cruel star was slain, and it's corpse fell to Equis where upon impact it's foul curse was broken, and their lands spring up overnight with lush greens, water and life reborn. The star that saved them was named Braska."

I blinked dumbly at hearing that part.

"They said they were sent to save them on behalf of their god. In exchange for protection from the evils of the heavens, the Minotaurs were to live peacefully, abandoning their barbaric ways and fight only for sport, protection, and honor. The majority did just that, but a small tribe disregarded the star, and to insult them, took the symbol of their god and flipped it. This tribe remains within their lands but is often shunned by the rest of the people. They call themselves the Uor tribe, and mark everything of their craft with the flipped symbol of the star’s god. Very few of the Uor tribe are around these days, but some say a small cult exists in the capital city of Salvation, worshipping the corpse of the dead star in hopes of punishing the rest of their kind for leaving the path of the warrior, the path of the Berserker."

“Oh...so the Uor are the Al Bhed, got it.” I nodded. “Oh no...I’m scared for the Minotaurs now…” I said worriedly. “Oh god why did you have to do this to them, Braska?”

"So, at some point plan a trip to the Minotaur Kingdom?" Twilight asked.

“And make sure that they don’t accidentally turn into death worshiping crazies and get the Uor tribe to calm their tits? Yes.” I said honestly

"...what?"

The rest of the train ride I was worried. Finally though we arrived at the empire and… it was fucking gorgeous. Everything looked both old and sifi futuristic and magical and… damn. We were escorted to the throne room by guards and introduced to Princess Cadence, and Prince Shining Armor, Twilight’s older brother. Cadence and Twilight did this weird song and dance thing that was cute and embarrassing but neither seemed to care about that last part. "May I see this orb?" Cadence asked.

“Adorable.” I chuckled. “But it’s nice to meet you two, Twilight here told me very great things about the both of you.”

"I am happy to hear it." Cadence said with a smile, that quickly became a frown. "I only wish there was not such a dire state of affairs looming over us. It's actually good for us you arrived when you did."

“What, Fiends are causing trouble?” I asked curiously.

"Yes it seems. The crystal heart is keeping them at Bay but they are gathering by the eastern barriers wall." Cadence said, leading us to a balcony facing the east. At the edge of the kingdom against its borders I saw… a large mass of moving ice and black as fiends, earthbound and flying filled the east. "We've already evacuated the eastern area but if they circle around the barrier we'll have to secure my subjects inside the castle."

“I’ll start clearing them out as best I can.” I said while looking at all the fiends, thankfully there weren’t any bosses, but the Yeti’s were worrying at least, the rest were Snow Wolves, Murusu, Evil Eye’s and Ice Flan’s. “Who’s good with Fire spells here? Cause we’re going to need a lot of it.”

“I know more than my fair share.” Shining said.

“There’s one more thing.” Cadence aligned a nearby mounted telescope, and once whatever she was looking at was in sight she had me look. Inside the horde near the back was this… Pulsating black aura. “It’s clearly the source of all these monsters but we can not figure out what it is.”

“That’s...concerning…” I said worriedly.

“Well then, this will be interesting.” Blueblood said, leaning onto the balcony rails. “Time to see just what our resident monster can do against a brood so massive.”

“You and I are gonna need to have a talk later about how you know a certain ‘group of interest’.” I said while pointing at him with a look of accusatory knowing. “So I’ll be back, and if any of you want to help or send help that would be great.” I said while opening a window and jumping out, turning into a Bat Eye and flew off towards the hoard of Fiends and whatever was apparently controlling them.

When I arrived at the east barrier there was a mini barricade around a portion of it, guards ready to fight as they had their weapons and spells at the ready, and Shining Armor appearing near me in a flash of magic. “So, got a plan?” He asked me.

“You people support me by throwing as much fire as possible and I dive head first and act like this is Dynasty Warriors.” I said while cracking my knuckles.

“... Are you suicidal?” Shining asked.

“Maybe, but considering that I’ll have a few forms that are resistant to their own abilities, plus I can fly, it won’t be too hard right?” I asked simply. “The only problem being that dark spot over there...I have no idea what the hell that is and it’s concerning.”

"Anna, there are at minimum a thousand of those things outside the barrier there. We'd need a miracle for you to reach it and return safely. Charging in head first is not a viable option against forces like these."

“That’s why I said you start pelting them with Fire spells, cause all of those things are weak to Fire.” I said. “Why do you think I started with ‘you people support me by throwing as much fire as possible’?” I asked honestly.

"You still shouldn't be the only one out there fighting."

"If I may?" Blueblood said, walking up to Shining and I casually.

Shining Armor gave Blueblood a questioning look. "You have an idea?"

“Yes, I would also like to know what you have in mind prince. Cause right now I’m confused as to why no one is throwing fire at the things I said are obviously weak to fire.” I frowned.

"If you can't figure that out you clearly must have never seen war before." Blueblood said, pulling out the machina pistol. His horn glowed as did the gun, and in a flash of fire it shot out a high speed ball of fire the size of a minivan out the barrier and into the fiends, a good five of them died instantly. The black thing pulsated as their lights suddenly stopped floating, and began clustering together and reformed into the fiends they were. "If you want to get to that thing, you need to destroy most or all of them at once to at least reach it."

“And how many people do we have here?” I asked. “Cause if we have enough to make a big enough fire spell, then that would do the trick.”

"There's not enough talented mages in the guard to pull off a fire spell the size we'd need." Shining sighed. "If Twili and Cadence helped we'd get maybe a quarter of them but the recoil would be hell on them."

"Then perhaps it's time we discussed one of my reasons for being here." Blueblood said.

"Your trade talks can wait." Shining said.

"I doubt you'd want to pass on my best item." Blueblood replied.

“First up I’d like to know what you know about Yevon and the Uor.” I frowned. “Because the Minotaurs sound exactly like what Braska’s world was doing before...a lot of things happened.”

Shining looked at Blueblood then me. "What's a Yevon?" He asked, shaking his head before looking at Blueblood. "What item?"

Blueblood looked at me, smiling as they saw the rifle on my back. "Yevon is a bit fuzzy, but the Uor made the very weapon you and I currently carry. They are masters at building and crafting weapons and spells of mass destruction. They took the designs I gave and rebuilt them, improved them. Such as this little toy." Blueblood's horn lit up, shooting up a magic flare that was soon replied by another. By the train station there was a bright pulsation of magic soon broken by an explosion, a trail of fire and smoke in the air that went over us and at the horde outside the barrier. The impact shook the ground under us and a blinding light filled out eyes for a moment before it died, and showed a massive amount of fiends were up and gone. "The Uor call this an Artillery Cannon. Alone it was quite effective but some enchantments and spellwork make it even more so effective." Blueblood said with a small tone of pride. "Well, go on then, they won't stay dead for long."

“You and me are going to need a serious as hell talk Blueballs.” I growled before jumping over the barricade and turning into a Bat Eye and flying off towards the dark orb.

"Keep any stragglers at bay!" Shining ordered as I flew off.

Upon arrival at the pulsating black figure, I finally saw a figure. They were… a pony, unicorn. Horn that looked to be made of smoke itself and eyes a sickly green that flowed off a black and purple energy. Their body looked… fake. Like clay and cloth of an old unkept porcine doll standing before me. There horn glowed with green and black magic as they kept the fiends spirit orbs nearby and reforming them.

”What the hell?” I thought to myself. ”What, did Calcabrina want to jump from 4 to 10?” I thought to myself worriedly as I landed and shifted my form. “I challenge you to a fight you...uh...what are you?” I asked the weird puppet thing.

The closed doll like eyes shot open, looking over at me with an inhumane hollowness. It simply, yet quickly raised its arm up, and I was sent flying some feet at a giant black crystal shot from the ground and sucker punched me in the gut. "Begone." The doll spoke, sounding… as hollow as the eyes were. "You are not allowed to interrupt."

“You wish bitch.” I said while getting back up and turning into an Evil Eye, bringing my wings over my face as I opened them and sent out a bolt of energy to the doll.

It moved without the restrictions of flesh and bones, bending in what would and should be physically impossible and dodging the bolt as it's horn glowed brighter… or was that darker? And shot out a volley of those crystals again, but they all arched around with black lightning as they did.

I dodged out of the way quickly, landing on the ground as I switched back to my human form as I brought my staff out. “Fire!” I shouted while a ball of fire lashed out towards the doll.

It's mouth opened in a grotesque maw of cracks and chipped glass as it then ate my fire ball, then spat it back out, the ball now five times bigger, black, melting sbow all around it and shooting towards me fast.

“Shit!” I yelped as I transformed into a Dingo and ran around the ball of fire quickly, shifting back as I put my staff away. “Okay...so when magic and Fiend attacks don’t work...use a Gun.” I said while pulling out my rifle and firing at the damned doll.

Click. Click…

Are you kidding me they shoot spells not normal bullets?! How do you even… Damn it Blueblood!!!

“I’m going to fucking skin him.” I growled as the gun sensed my great rage as a Fire spell was being charged, the barrel glowing a bright red. “Okay you, you better give me something good.” I frowned as I fired off a Fire spell this time.

It ate one but before it could spit it out another fireball bullet hit it's face. It cracked and when it did it roared in unnatural scream as those black crystals erupted from the ground again, turning these snowy fields into a black cavern of these crystals. One of which it slipped into like it was water.

As I was looking around for where it was gonna come out of, I screamed, my foot impaled from underneath by a small but jagged crystal with curved ends so if I move my foot up I'll lose it and likely all my blood.

“Fucking whore!” I shouted in pain, shifting into a Condor which didn’t have any legs and freed me from the spike, before I moved and turned into a Raldo and started to move slowly and carefully through the cavern, given my armored state the crystals this bastard uses won’t do much. ”Alright assmunch, where are you hiding?” I swore in my head, given this guy has made me hurt a lot.

With each step I limped along, the injury was harsh but thankfully in this form the armor covered it so I wasn't at risk of bleeding out. As I walked around I began to hear snarls and flaps. Crap he's bringing them back- Oh shit!

I raised my arms to block as a black crystal Dingo slammed into me. We slid back for a ways til it stopped. Looking up I saw this crystal Dingo has teeth like ice and eyes that gave off a frost fog. He can adapt them?!

”You made new fiends!? Oh what the fuck!” I mentally shouted as I tried to go into a bash attack, my limp being a bitch and a half to deal with.

Thankfully this new variation didn't seem any tougher than the normal ones from Spira. A few head bashes and it fell. At least it seems to count towards getting my brother.

”Jeez, the hell is with these things?” I frowned while seeing the Pyreflies fly out of it’s corpse and towards me.

New Fiends Form Acquired.
Tainted Crystal Dingo.

Unlike the common Dingoes this variation is resistant to blade damage and all but faith based magics. Their howel can revive animal corpses that it can command. Their bites cause fifth degree freezer burn and their stare can frost over low level flame magics.

”Holy shit…” I thought to myself. ”Now if I didn’t have a gaping hole in my foot I would totally use this form.”

As I kept on moving I was keeping a clear ear out for more of these Crystal Fiends-

BOOM!!

I was blasted into the nearby wall as it seems Blueblood decided to launch another Artillery Shell that landed far enough away to not kill me but still close enough to knock me into the air and into the nearby black crystal wall. As I was crawling myself out of that hole, I saw many of the guards rushing up, their weapons also crystal but shined with a Divine light that when they hit the black crystal fiends caused them to die instantly. I watched thankful as Shining rushed over to help- wait why is he raising his- oh shit right I'm still in fiend form!

I went back into my human form and raised my hands. “Wait wait! It’s me! Don’t attack!” I panicked.

Shining stopped instantly, nearly tripping over as they did. "Sorry!" They yelped. "You looked just like the others." They reached out a hand and helped me up. "Cadence kept looking through her spyglass. When she saw it was Sombra out here she broke open the experimental weapons."

“And here I thought it was Blueblood getting impatient.” I said, trying to get up but wincing. “Ow...foot…”

Shining looked down at my now bleeding foot with a large hole in it. He winced. "You need a hospital now." He said, working some magic that filled the pain but it was still sharp. "And that second Artillery Fire was Blueblood, these are the experimental weapons." Shining said, holding up a see through glowing crystal sword. "They're powered by the opposite of Umbrum Magic so they are perfect for fighting him."

“Well...I’m going to need that to kill the bastard.” I said honestly. “Also uh...who’s Sombra? And why is he a Doll?”

"He's… wait a doll?" Shining asked. Emerging from a distance away was Sombra the Fiend, his body more broken now, an arm and leg shattered and the back of their head missing. Sadly, it was all replaced by black crystal limbs. "Oh… what in the name of all that is-"

"Hello Shining Armor." Sombra spoke their jagged cracked form of a mouth moving. "It's been a while."

"The hell happened to you?!" Shining asked, raising their weapon.

"Ascension." Sombra replied, their black crystal arm shifting into a jagged longsword.

“Yeah, that certainly looks ‘ascended’ their mister ‘broken stain glass window’.” I rolled my eyes as I transformed into an Evil Eye and floated near Shining, firing off another bolt of energy from my massive eye.

Sombra raised their crystal arm, the weaponized appendage arching the electricity from the spell and shooting it off to the side of them… into the head of a guard. Their body smoked, twitched, their head blackened, smelt of burned flesh, red embers decorated their hair, and eyes exploded as they then fell over. Limp and dead.

I had seen deaths when God took me away. I had almost forgotten what seeing one was like, and this brought it all back.

I dove down and transformed into Raldo mid flight, using the speed of my flying to increase the ramming power of my Bash attack as I rammed straight into the bastard.

I skidded across once I hit, the force of my impact cracking something on him and we rammed into a wall. I felt pain as Sombra slashed at my back. Armored as I was his blade cut the armored plating off my Raldo form with minimal resistance. "Break this body if you wish, my shards will learn and attack stronger." Sombra said, this slash at my arm, the blade getting stuck in the armor.

Raldo’s species may be slow and armored, but one thing I learned rather quickly during my training was that these things have a biting strength of an Alligator Snapping Turtle, and I reached over to Sombra’s head and bit down with more than a thousand pounds of force.

Their head broke in my jaws, their glass and crystal shards cutting my whole mouth. I spat glass, crystals and blood as their body limply raised their arm up, only to fall immediately lifeless. A single Pyrefly floated from the shell of a body and into me. I felt a twisted, horrid sensation flow through me and when it passed, everything went white.


"You're early." Tidus said, standing over me as I arrived back in Zanarkand.

“Because some douchebags soul just went into me.” I shivered. “Seriously...all evil and shadow and crap, and it felt horrid.” I shivered while looking around to see if anything changed here.

Nothing so far. That's good. "Hey, since when did the zoo open?" Jehct asked from the window of the apartment that was Tidus's place when he lived here. It had plenty of space for us.

“Excuse me?” I asked with a frown. “What do you mean by that?”

"We've basically explored all of Zanarkand. Most of the buildings we can enter and look around but there are a few that we, well, can't. The Zoo is one of them, Central Hospital is another, and the Train Hub is the third. Whenever we tried it's like there's a wall around it." Tidus explained.

"Yeah, but I walked over there on the way here and that barrier wasn't keeping the front door from me." Jehct explained.

“Well that’s...concerning.” I said while bringing out my Sphere and checking my status, wondering what the hell Sombra did to me. “Uh...has anyone or anything appeared here yet? Cause I managed to free Wakka and Khimari from Stone not too long ago.”

"Wakka and Khimari are good?" Tidus asked.

"Did that kitten finally grow up?" Jehct asked.

“They're both good and wait, you know about Khimari?” I asked Jecht. “Also uh...they both came from a different Spira just like you Tidus...only instead of getting sent away due to a Fiend Blitzball team...a Second Sin appeared, and sent them to Equis.”

"Woah. Freaky."

"Ah, the multiverse. That explains a lot actually." Jehct said in thought. "So these two are from one Spira, Tidus is from another… and hell if I know if I came from either of those two." Jehct sighed.

"How do you know so much about other world's?" Tidus asked.

"Si-Fi books, movies, TV shows, games. Always seemed cool to me." Jehct said with a shrug.

“I mean, I was going to bring up the fact that Jecht was Sin and possessed by an ageless being of immense power that...might have seen through some veil or another.” I said nervously. “But that sounds about right.”

"... Well shit."

"Come on." Tidus said with a groan. "Let's just figure out what's up with the zoo before I hear something else that I can't wrap my head around."

"I think Braska's thousand year old corpse is in Equis's Minotaur lands." I said while walking off to the zoo.

I received a whack to the head for that.

The zoo was….neat. All indoors and we'll kept. The exhibits all had…Fiends. Fiends I can shift into. Even that black crystal Dingo. "That's new." Tidus said. An elevator with the simple title of 'Dangerous Species'

“What, the elevator or the Crystal Dingo?” I asked. “Cause the bastard I killed...apparently infused ice and dark magic into the thing and made it really cool.”

"Both." He said.

“Well...I think if we take the elevator we might find the person responsible for it.” I said honestly.

Taking the elevator, it was a long ride down as Catchy Music Played.

"At least it's not boring music." Tidus commented.

"I've...never heard this before." I said honestly. "But wonder what's going to be up here….wonder if it's where the Monster arena stuff will go." I wondered.

Finally when the doors opened we were met with… it looked a lot like the other exhibits on the upper floors, only the glass was replaced by a blue energy that was see through and the inside the first one on the right was what looked like a mix between a bedroom and a study. Sitting at the desk to the right against the wall was a silhouette of an equine stallion, though parts of him showed what should be his body. The rest was the white silhouette of his body. The only parts that were him was the right eye, left arm and his knees.

“Okay...so what the actual hell.” I started.

"You fought that?" Jecht asked.

“It was possessing a doll, and it made dark Crystals from places and...well it ate fire magic and shot it back at me that was a lot bigger and stronger.” I said honestly.

"Shoot, and I thought fiends were bad on Spira." Tidus commented.

"How interesting." Sombra spoke, despite there being no mouth on them this time. They turned, their one eye falling on me. "You copy a fiends form by adsorbing the essence that makes them."

“And it seems, from this poster here.” I said while looking at a poster next to his cell. “Is that the more pieces I collect of you, the more buffs I get...but that’s besides the point, who the hell are you? I only heard your name Sombra.”

They laughed. "I am an Umbrum. Something between demon and pony. Not quite a half breed but not quite either species. I was the last of my kind, sent to free them from their prison. Clearly, I failed. I was a tyrant for a time, controlled the Empire and enslaved them all. My Necromancy terrified the very stars. It just all comes so naturally that I ended up inventing new means of twisting one's body and soul into grotesque husks of what they once were."

“And...why did you do any of that?” I asked honestly.

"Because I could, because I was able. Because I had the ability. We aren't alike but we have similarities Anna. I invented magics so twisted that I made the heavens themselves scream in terror, and you tried to jump head first into an army, inexperienced, barely armed, just because you have the ability. And what an interesting Ability you have."

I thought about what I have to do to save my dad...and sadly I have a feeling I know what I have to do. “Just know, if you ever escape, I will beat you.”

That earned another laugh. "Oh Anna, as much as the idea entertains me, I am very much trapped here. I've worked with souls for a long, long time and I know when I'm up and fucked." He sat up a bit more straight, and despite there being no mouth I could easily Envision a smile on his lips. "It might not be Necromancy but I can tell when one soul consumes another. I and those fiends up there are as much a part of you as your skin or your blood. You killed us, devoured our very beings and collected our powers. I at least seem to have retained my personality and memories. Which begs the obvious question… when did you eat those two?"

“I didn’t.” I said honestly. “Jecht was here originally due to...reasons outside his control, and Tidus here also came here out of nowhere.” I shrugged. “I don’t know how I’m here either, but we’re here.”

"Holes in one's memories tend to do just that. Whatever the case, I do wonder what events will play out over time. This city is empty, save for you three and the monsters you consumed Anna. It makes me wonder… is this all in your head, or is it something far greater than you could handle? I'd say I'm dying to find out but it's a little late for me on that part."

“As long as you’re staying in here…” I sighed out. “So, I suppose you can tell me where your other pieces are?”

"No idea." They said simply. "Once you absorbed this fragment of me into your own soul I lost all connection to them. I don't know where they are now, just where they once were."

“Well can you give me a general area for them?” I asked honestly.

"At least four are still in Equestria, the other five are scattered across the globe."

“Damn, there’s ten pieces of you?” I said with a frown. “That’s gonna take a while...but good to know.”

"And as I said, our link means they know of you and have learned. You won't kill them as easily as I."

“That’s what they think.” I said honestly. “They may be stronger, but I can also get stronger.”

"But can you get wiser?"

Tidus snorted at that, and thankfully Jecht gave them a thump to the head for it.

We left and I sighed. So much to do so… an unknown time table. "I hate to say it but Sombra does have a point." Jecht finally said as we sat in the park.

“To which part?” I frowned.

"You being inexperienced. You seriously jumped headfirst into a fiend army well outnumbered?"

"Even though I had backup that seemed to not listen to obvious advice." I frowned. "Only until some douche noble was like 'hey, let's use some new Al Bhed tech made by the Minotaur equivalent to get me to Sombra'." I rolled my eyes my.

Jecht winced a bit at hearing that. "Tech from those days is powerful, can't lie there. Still, even with back up and proper spells to counter them, you didn't know what Sombra was capable of when you first fought him. You got injured, are likely in a hospital out there right now, and might not be good to fight for a while after you wake up. Healing magic only goes so far."

"I'd hate to agree with my pops on this but even I've learned not to pick fights I don't know what I'm getting into with. Auron drilled that lesson Into me good. Still… there is something I don't quite get." Tidus said thoughtfully.

"What is that?" I asked curiously. "Also it was either I deal with the bastard then or have too many Fiends trying to rush the Crystal Empire."

"Well…" Tidus hummed, looking around before spotting something. They rushed over and picked up a Blitzball sitting near a pool. They kicked it a few times before kicking it right at me. I raised an arm and blocked, sending it off to the side and into a tree. "That. Remember when we were training you to block and dodge by pelting you with Blitzballs?"

"Yes?" I asked. "What, you think I gain skills here but it doesn't count out there?" I asked curiously.

"No, you did just that same block the first few times but then kinda… froze." Tidus ran back over and picked the ball up, kicking it back at me as I blocked but aimed for them to kick it back. We kept like this for a while but- Ouch… the Blitzball hit my gut and… my arm was just a bit too high. "Like that. You go on a roll like that for a good while then it's like you flinch or freeze and don't realize it."

"That's...concerning." I said nervously. "I have no idea why that's happening…"

"It didn't look subconscious." Jecht said, looking at me with an almost detective like look. "Or reactive. More like… it was moved… no, sorta? Hard to tell."

"I think Anna is missing time." Tidus spoke up. "Like my time between Sin swallowing me and ending up in Spira. It's all a fuzzy haze but one moment I'm in Zanarkand and the next I'm in Spira. Same world, different time."

"I remember what that was like… had quite the hangover the following month." Jecht said with a sigh.

"Anna has the muscle memory of a fighter, but can't utilize it nor properly use it without that weird freezing episode."

"So what? Anna is missing time when she learned how to fight but forgot and can't use it?" Jecht asked.

"Might not be too far fetched." Tidus shrugged.

"But...how am I missing time?" I asked worriedly. "I shouldn't just...blank on how I can do things when I'm in the middle of stuff."

"That's something else weird about this place." Jecht sighed.

"Yeah…" I said worriedly. "It's just… somethings not right here… something massively wrong."

"Well, hopefully those answers will come in time. Til then, how about a drink? Odds are you are gonna be stuck here a while if your injuries were bad." Jecht offered.

“My injuries weren’t at all bad. Some bumps and bruises, the worst one was a jagged crystal shoved through my foot, but that should be healed up soon enough.” I shrugged. “Why I’m here is because that bastard's soul went into me and...did weird things.”

"Gross." Tidus gagged. "Still, booze does sound nice right about now."

"All right, let's see if Anna can get drunk here and wake up drunk or hungover out there." Jecht laughed.

“I better not be hungover if I wake up…” I grumbled. “But a beer...well I’ve never had booze before.”


Ouch… ouch…

So my stay here was longer than I'd liked. Apparently here I don't need to sleep, any food or drinks we take from someplace once we leave the room are back as they were, untouched. And not needing to sleep plus binge drinking means I am conscious as it wears off and the hangover settles in… that is not fun. Not. At. All!

“You all suck…” I groaned in pain.

"Lightweight." Jecht laughed.

Tidus hit them with an empty scotch bottle.

After that ended about… not sure how much time passed but it was more than I was feeling comfortable with. On the even worse side… Zanarkand movies all suck! God they're like B or C movie quality.

“Jesus these movies suck!” I whined. “And like three of them were about you Jecht, the hell!?” I said, the three of them I could only describe as ‘if Shaolin Soccer had more water and brawling plus worse’.

"Yeah. Zanarkand is more focused on sports." Tidus shrugged. "Besides, more people read than watch movies. Or at least they used to."

"Hey, at least I got books and movies made about me." Jecht said proudly.

"The actors didn't even look like you!" Tidus countered. "I'm pretty sure they painted that last movies guy!"

"Don't care!"

The next few… day? Went about a lot like that. The books were definitely better and oh my God they hold nothing back… I am keeping these romance novels.

"Okay...so now the question is...if this is my dream world...can I bring things here?" I thought to myself. "Or is it just this?"

“Don’t know. Wish we knew.” Tidus said.

“Wish I could see what the world you’re in now is like.” Jecht sighed.

"I have no idea what's going on anymore…" I sighed out. "This is just getting really complicated really fast...and I can only guess on things from a game that...well it might not be fully true anymore given what people have told me."

“Given you’ve been here about a month now, guess you were hurt worse than you thought huh?” Jecht asked me.

"Which doesn't make any sense how I'm this hurt when it was just Sombra that knocked me out after I killed him." I huffed. "Also...have any of you seen Luna? She said she's been trying to get into my dreams but can't."

“That Princess you work for right? No, just Tidus and I. You when you’re here.” Jecht said.

"That's strange." I said honestly. "Luna said she can travel into other people's dreams...wonder why she can't do mine? Do I need to give her permission or something?"

“Well, how does she enter others' dreams?” Tidus asked me.

"No idea…" I said while looking around, staring at the train station. "You know...maybe Luna enters from the Train Station? It's one of the few places that's actually has some importance here, whatever that importance is I don't know." I said, just wanting to talk to someone else besides these two. "Wonder if it's open now." I started while walking over to the station, hoping it's not closed.

“I highly doubt it. I mean, the Zoo didn’t open until after you got that Sombra soul in you so, maybe something has to happen for you to open the Station and Hospital?” Jecht said as he and Tidus got up and followed.

The train hub was filled with stationed trains all waiting in an empty loading dock for passengers and cargo. It was quite weird. When I tried to enter a train, the doors would not open for anything. Not on a single train. Oddly though, the switch control room/communications room was open. “This is kinda neat.” Tidus said, looking at all the complex controles.


"This is...very complicated." I said honestly. "Wonder what all this does?"

"Hmm. Hey, check it out." Jecht said, a small panel with multiple key holes on them. All were empty. "Looks like all we gotta do is find the keys to get these trains started."

"So where are the keys?" Tidus asked. At that moment, the Blitzball arena lit up in the distance. "... Well, good to know."

“Oh for the love of god…” I muttered. “Please don’t tell me we have to play for the damned keys…”

"I wouldn't bet money on the answer being no." Jecht said with a smile, then frowned. "And I doubt we have enough for a fair team… unless we get a three on three match."

"And there's ten keys, so odds are there's ten tournaments. Each maybe three to five rounds each?" Tidus thought aloud.

“Oh sweet god…” I took a deep breath. “I’m getting Blitzball flashbacks...they're not fun...so many hours trying to get Wakka’s overdrives and the parts for World Champion…” I whined.

"Hey, you got a champ right here!" Jecht declared proudly. "And a skilled rookie."

"I will hit you again." Tidus hissed.

"Point is, we got this." Jecht waved Tidus off.

"Hey, Tidus perfected the Jecht Shot, and then made it better." I said honestly.

"Damn right." Tidus added.

"The MK 3?" Jecht asked, looking surprised. Then he smiled. "What about MK 1 and 2?"

"You told me you made those up, remember?" Tidus said with a roll of his eyes. Jecht crossed his arms, still smiling, more smugly now. "You… you told me that when I was a kid…" Still smiling, Jecht began walking out the room. "... You son of a bitch tell me!" Tidus yelled, chasing after Jecht who was now in a full run to the stadium. "You seriously lied to me?!"

I chuckled and shook my head. “Boys.” I said while running after the two.

The stadium was ready to go, but empty. Very creepy. However there was something new here… a self service ticket booth. There was one event up at the moment, the Qualifications round. A one round 3v3 match. Most points after five minutes wins. Our opponents were these… silhouettes of people. All white. Winners here get to continue onto better matches and receive the #7 train key. "Wait, the number 7 train?" Tidus questioned. "That's just a short distance train. Takes you to Zanarkand's borders at farthest and back."

“That’s weird.” I hummed. “But might as well try and get it...I doubt there’s anything against me being the Goalie in my Fiend Form right?”

"I think there is." Jecht said. Looking where they were there was a sign that read; 'Warning! Use of Magic, Shapeshifting, Summoning, Weapons, Items, and Combat aid equipment is an immediate elimination! Violators will be given a two week ban from all events!'

“Ah boo.” I huffed. “But that’s about right...so uh...this is gonna be quite a challenge.”

"It will be fun." Jecht stated.

I was set to guard the goal. Best spot for me given my inexperience actually playing this sport outside of a videogame.

”God help me if they get this far…” I thought to myself worriedly.

Thankfully I didn't worry too much. Tidus and Jecht owned these silhouette people and we were allowed to participate in upcoming events, which were to be announced at a later date cause of course, and we got the number seven train key.

We headed back to the train station, set the key into the panel and it roared to life… and went along the tracks at high speed, zooming out of sight for a bit and after a minute came back. We rushed to the station dock and I was surprised to see my boss, Princess Luna, standing by the train with a look of pure wonder.

“Welcome to Zanarkand Luna.” I nodded. “What do you think?”

"My word… Anna… you have an entire city in your mind scape." She said, looking at me. "An actual physical plane of reality somehow is existing as a mental plane of the mind… I've never seen anything like it before."

“That’s the weird part though...cause technically this is supposed to be inside something completely different though.” I said honestly. “I don’t know why I’m here, I don’t know why at least he’s here.” I pointed to Tidus. “And it’s all just a whole bunch of confusing…”

"Well, clearly there is a great many mysteries to solve. Thankfully we have time for these mental adventures given your condition in the physical world." Luna said.

“My condition really shouldn’t have been that bad.” I frowned. “I wasn’t too injured, only problem was when I absorbed a piece of Sombra’s soul.”

"...That is a question for later. But, the reason your condition is so bad is because Sombra's crystals contain Necromantic energies. The initial strikes open the injuries far worse than what it would be by a normal blades doing, decaying the flesh as well to minor degrees and when he sliced you with his blade arm, or even with the penetration of your foot, small razor sharp crystal shards entered your body and bloodstream, creating minor cuts their Necromancy expanded upon causing internal bleeding across most of your body." Luna explained. "The only reason you are even alive is because the Crystal Heart has thankfully negated the Necromancy and they've surgically implanted three healing talismans into your body."

“Jesus christ…” I groaned. “No wonder why I’ve been here for so long…”

"How long will she be here then?" Tidus asked.

"The talismans have healed the majority of her Injuries. It would have taken less time had we the means to give you a blood transfusion but Equestrian blood is incompatible with yours and Wakka was sadly not a match. With luck she will awaken in two weeks or less."

“Oh dear god no…” I groaned. “I’ve been here for so long, the books here are great but the movies here suck ass and I don’t know if I can bring things from my own memory into this dream world.” I frowned. “But what’s new in the waking world?”

"The fiends are still around but are at manageable numbers. Between the Heart and the Guard they are of no issue. Blueblood's… weapons have made it into Crystal Guards standard weapons lists with Civilian models in the works."

“God damn it…” I sighed out. “Alright, so I don’t know how much you know, but what do you know about Yevon?” I asked simply. “The religion that the Minotaurs worship?”

"Yevon? I know they follow Braska's teachings but they worship no gods." Luna said.

"Wait! Braska!?" Jecht yelped. "What happened to him?"

“From what Twilight told me is that thousands of Years ago, the Minotaurs were suffering a serious drought and didn’t have much food or water, but when Braska came in he taught them not to be barbarians and helped their drought problem...then I think they’ve been worshiping his teachings, as well as his corpse since then...and then the Uor are a splinter group that’s basically the Al Bhed.”

"You… misheard a lot Anna." Luna said. "The Uor may worship the star that caused their drought but the Minotaurs primary tribes simply follow Braska's teachings, Braska the star returned to the heavens."

"Braska gets to be a star while I became a world ending monster? Unfair!" Jecht huffed.

"Somehow I still think that's some form of karma." Tidus added with a smile.

“I mean, hopefully Braska didn’t know much about the fact his religion was basically a Death Cult and taught them right.” I said honestly.

"And just like that more crap I can't quite wrap my head around." Tidus sighed.

“It’s...weirdly more simple than you’d think.” I said honestly. “Just from the Death Cult stuff, basically they just gave false hope to the people by giving Sin more Hosts to have it piss off for an unknown amount of time while dead people basically ran the world.” I shrugged. “Cause when you’re an ageless squid thing that makes armor in the shape of a giant space whale, the Final Aeon just has to punch through the ‘armor’ and then take the previous hosts place when it begins to fail against it’s possessor.”

"Well, yet another reason I never bought into Braska's religion." Jecht said, looking not quite sure on how to process all that.

"In any case. Anna, how have you been while here?" Luna asked.


“I’ve…” I sighed out. “I’m bored, plain and simple, there isn’t much to do here, the movies are all god awful, and the books can only last so long. Sure Blitzball is back but...I wish I could bring something into this world because of dream logic so I can show these two some actual good stuff from my world.”

Luna looked around us for a time. "Sadly because this place is originally from the physical world I have a minimal effect on this reality of your mind scape."

"But you can do something?" Tidus asked.

"Indeed. I could craft objects from Anna's memories, but that would be the most I can do."

“Yes, please.” I said happily. “Hopefully I can show these two some great things.”

"Very well, anything specific? If so think hard on it and any memories associated with the item so I can craft a perfect mental copy."

“Oh god...there’s so much to think about…” I said honestly, my mind going to so many possibilities but for some reason it defaults to my always dreamed Final Fantasy X remaster.

"Keep in mind I can only make what is in your memories not your fantasies." Luna added.

“Curses…” I huffed. “Why must there be logic in dream land?” I frowned, trying to think of what I would want here. I had FFX on my mind and now I could think of the PAL version of FFX, the version of the game that was still in english but also had all the extra post game content and my gaming setup back home.

Luna worked her magic, crafting my gaming set up from home and we set it up in Tidus's apartment. Sadly my save data wasn't there so I had to start from the beginning.

"Hooray!" I cheered.


With the gaming setup time at least passed by much quicker. All in all when I woke up I woke up to pain. A whole body pain that made breathing only manageable because of the slight dull sensation of pain killers. Opening my eyes I was met with a stabbing bright light that fogged my vision before clearing after a minute or two of adjustment. The first thing I noticed aside from the pain I felt heavy… and didn’t feel something. Looking, I sighed in relief, my foot was still there, but it was heavily scarred up. “Good, you’re awake.” I turned, seeing Twilight sitting in a chair next to my bed. “Luna said she was finally able to enter your dreams and you were doing well.”


“Yeah...finally did a thing in my dream world..” I said honestly. “Ow…”

“Try not to move so much.” Twilight said. “They did a lot of work getting all those shards out and repairing the damage… There were some issues though…”

“Of course there were issues…” I groaned. “What were the issues?”

“Well, Luna told you about the healing Talismans they implemented in you to keep you alive, right?”

“Because apparently I don’t have a similar blood type.” I said, thinking that was more the problem here.

“Well, they were implanted in the most damaged areas… where after healing they can’t be removed. Which isn’t too bad those types of talismans are meant to stay within a body.” Twilight said. “The first talisman was implanted in your spine. When you reverted back to human the cuts along your back grew and… began to decay your spine. So there’s one embedded on your spine at the base of your ribcage.”

“That’s good to know…” I grumbled.

“The second is in your head… Some shards made it into your brain and well, thankfully that was all minimal since your bloodloss kept a lot from reaching up there, still it was bad so one was implemented in your frontal lobe. Once you’re fully healthy it will help in ways the doctors are just guessing at for the time.”

“Good lord...I don’t remember getting cut near my back though, so how did that happen? Only my arm and foot were hit by his attacks.” I frowned.

“When you were that armored fiend and tackled Sombra. He slammed that blade appendage he had on your back, cutting your armor plating a little, once you shifted back the damage got worse.” Twilight explained. “Lastly…” She said, looking around for a bit. “Your heart.”

“I wasn’t even close to getting hit there, must have been all the shards that magiced their way into my body, cause I’m sure as shit would have felt crystal shards ripping apart my insides.” I frowned.

“Yeah, between the blood loss and the Necromancy your heart was actually worse off than your foot and leg… Which leads me to telling you… they couldn’t save it.”

“You know...I was told that when I got hit by Sombra’s bladed weapons, shards of crystal entered my body, but that shouldn’t have happened cause if it did, I wouldn’t be alive right now.” I frowned. “Also, if I don’t have a heart, how am I alive?”

“You can actually thank Blueblood for that.” I groaned at that. “He worked with spare parts from some of those Machina devices and made you something that can act as a heart. With some magic and that talisman acting as a power source it works just like a heart. Since Equine anatomy isn’t compatible with you it was the only option so you could get off the Blood Oxidizer and get your chest closed up. I have to admit, I was surprised he was able to make it so fast.”

“I’m glad I’m alive but...how am I alive though?” I asked honestly. “Cause injuries here make no sense here on progression and where I was hit.”

“Well, when you were injured there were those… things kinda floating around you, you know, those lights that you absorb when you kill a fiend? Some went towards you after the guards killed some fiends and hung around your wounds. You by all accounts should be dead, but those lights slowed the effects long enough for you to pull through. Looks like those things really like you.”

“The...Pyreflies kept me alive?” I asked. “That’s...that should be impossible. I’ve never heard of Pyreflies being able to heal a person, let alone keep them alive…”

“If Shining didn’t see it happen we wouldn’t believe it. Whatever the case, it looks like those things want you alive. If I could I’d thank them but once you were sable you absorbed them.”

“Which doesn’t make sense...seriously what the hell is going on?” I muttered, feeling like I should be making a connection here...but I just can’t.

"Maybe ok nice you're better we can run some tests." Twilight offered. "It would help us better understand the full scope of your abilities in a controlled environment rather than finding out at random."

“Well...that’s kind of not an okay thing either.” I said. “Since I learned I kind of...zone out for some reason.”

"What do you mean?"

“So in my dream world I have two other people there that have been making sure I’m in top form...and what we noticed was that after I do something enough times, like say blocking or dodging a ball being flung at me, I kind of...space out and get hit...like I wasn’t really there for some reason.”

"Huh. Well, it won't hurt to try. You might even get over that with practice. Maybe with time you'll even learn to use magic without that wand. Or if not I can probably make you one better."

“Who knows.” I sighed out. “But when can I start moving around? Or am I still bedridden?”

"Some physical therapy will have you good as new in a week. I gotta find Blueblood though, he wanted to know when you woke up."”

“Goodie.” I rolled my eyes. “Can’t wait to hear what he has to say about this.”

Twilight left to find Blueballs and I was left with a few spell books to read. They explained the basics of magic but between the meds and my own body pains I wasn't really paying attention, just looking at all the really impressive symbols and pictures.

"Looks like the heart worked." Blueblood said as he entered.

“Yes it does.” I said. “And here I thought you would have just let me die.”

"You act as if I don't have an ulterior motive for keeping you alive." Blueblood stated bluntly, take a seat in the chair across my bed. "It's not everyday these fiends arrive with artifacts that are medical based. Mostly it's all weapons, some armor, broken automatons, but medical ones are rare and it's not everyday the perfect opportunity to study them in action presents itself."

“Or because I’m helping take care of the only person you seem to give a damn about?” I asked. “Which begs the question, how’s Pip been?”

"Traumatized." They said bluntly. "They saw you nearly dead, before and after every surgery. He's in child therapy at the moment."

“Well...he can come visit so I can tell him I’m okay.” I said while trying to get up, massive pain shooting through my body. “Ow…”

"You think that will fix everything for him? Ease him maybe, but the worries will persist and the nightmares linger."

“I’m supposed to keep him from being upset.” I growled while trying to get out of bed, doing my damndest to work through the pain.

I yipped as an unseen force pushed me down onto the bed. Looking I saw Blueblood's horn lit up. "It's best you wait for at least a nurse before trying to move. Besides, there are a few features about your new heart you'd best know about and something interesting about your old one that happened after it was removed."

“And what would those be?” I asked simply.

"To begin, this machina heart of yours seems to not just pump blood but can also filter it. Any toxins in your blood would get filtered out after a while. How long though is still unknown. It can also send signals to your body that as far as I can tell seem to be for triggering certain chemicals your body produces naturally to be produced in larger quantities. Most likely for Adrenaline. Lastly, thanks to the healing talisman powering it, your blood gets energized so more than likely things such as your stamina and endurance will be affected positively."

“Well...that’s at least a plus.” I said honestly. “And what about my heart that should be nothing but ground meat at this point?”

"Well, after it was removed and left as a decaying lump of flesh I decided to experiment a little." Blueblood said, snapping his fingers as someone who, despite being in a lab coat likely was not a doctor. At least not at this hospital. They held in their arms a large jar filled with some liquid that likely held magic, and inside that jar was a heart, beating as if pumping blood. "Seven fiends killed with it nearby undid all that Necromantic decay. Normally irreversible damage undone as it absorbed those Pyrelights."

"Pyreflies." I corrected. "And...how the fuck?"

"Unknown." Blueblood said as the 'doctor' left with my revived heart. "I'll be keeping it to conduct studies that I imagine you'd not participate in willingly. And if the need arises we can put it back into your chest."

"And...weirdly it might also be where I get blood from." I said honestly. "But...since we're in private and you're doing some shady shit with my body...what's the deal between you and Pip? He's literally the only person to make you show any emotion other than 'bitch'."

"Should I?" Blueblood asked bluntly. "He's a child, a newly declared prince. Adopted son of Princess Luna. As is, these will be the easiest days of his life. Keeping him in Ponyville was a smart move on aunt Luna's part, the children of Canterlot would belittle and ridicule him for lacking a truly royal bloodline and when he reaches the proper age noble whores will use every trick to bed him just to conceive a child to marry in and become a princess. Why make these days hard on him? I remember when I was his age, and I envy them for it, but even I know a childhood is to be enjoyed and treasured, not spent learning the ropes to avoid and the ropes to climb… and which to choose for a hanging. Your own or another's."

"That was an amazing speech for a sociopath." I frowned. "While you are correct in what you said for Pip...I've seen how you act to everyone else, you don't give a shit about them, even if their family, and what emotions you do show are fake as hell...don't really know how I know that but it's true."

Blueblood gave me a smile, standing. "Can't a sociopath have a concence? You're partly right, I don't give a shit about anyone… there are three people I care about. Aunt Celestia, my cousin Cadence, and now Pipsqueak. I couldn't care less about anybody else on this world, just them."

"If you say so." I rolled my eyes.

"In other news, I've been looking into the Uor on your behalf. Turns out there are two tribes of the Uor."

"Great, what are the two tribes?" I asked. "And how many Death Cults are around?"

"The first are the ones who made the Machina for me. Uor Bedi. The second and one we should focus on is the Uor Mour. They so far seem to have a few known members, most of which are on Equestrias terrorist watchlists. Thankfully, one of these Uor Mour's is already imprisoned at Altorium Maximum Security."

"I suppose that should be my next stop...but I need to find the Uor Bedi…" I sighed out. "But mind if I ask if there's any Death Cults around?"

"Depends. Domestic or international?"

"Yes. Anything about undead being their leaders preaching about the Cycle of Death." I said honestly. "The minotaurs are already worrying me with how close they are to how Spira is...Spira being where these Fiends came from and Wakka and Khimari."

"Hmm… Domestic, there are nine cults on our watchlists. International, there's two hundred and six."

"Fuck...but I better start with the domestic ones when I have the time…" I said honestly. "Hopefully they're not using Yevon symbols...that would only make it worse."

"I'll check with my contacts then." Blueblood said as they pulled out a small notebook and wrote down something. "I imagine most of these groups are going to have some means of utilizing the fiends as weapons. Not to the degree Sombra could but a control on them regardless."

“Or worse.” I said honestly. “Oh, also, there’s nine other pieces of Sombra roaming around, four in Equestria and five around the world...got that little tidbit from the bastard...oh, also, what other ‘bad guys’ has this planet faced? Cause considering this is ‘fantasy land’ as I’ve called it before, there’s probably a lot of bad guys.”

"Hmm… if you include Discord, and Aunt Luna's time as Nightmare Moon, as well as other various legends, the prisoners of Tartarus… just shy of twenty five thousand. Not including other legends and the stars above."

“Okay so...let’s narrow that down to who’s made the most noise in the most recent amount of time.” I said.

"I'll see what my contacts in the underworld know. Til then you can rest up. Aunt Luna will be here soon with Shining Armor and Cousin Cadence. They have some news for you that will help out a lot in the days to come."

"Alright…" I sighed, trying to get comfy as I checked my stat screen to see if anything changed with me given they did Pyrefly tests or some have been keeping me alive.

Oddly, not much. But I am closer to unlocking the ability to save my brother, as I got all the Fiends that Sombra summoned so I need three more Fiends. There were a few new tabs but they were just question marks at the moment. Like either they didn't know what they were or were not quite ready to be unlocked.

After some time Luna, Cadence and Shining Armor came in. "It is good to see you awake Anna." Luna said.

"The empire owes you a great deal for dealing with those fiends and Sombra." Cadence added.

"Which leads us to what Cadence, Princess Luna and Celestia decided on." Shining finished, reaching into their pocket and pulling out a badge. It had the symbol for Harmony on this world, that star formation thing with a picture of the planet under/within it. "Congrats, you're the first member of the newly founded Guardians of Equis."

“Huh...that’s...something.” I said honestly. “But...what about Pip?”

Luna sighed. "Doing okay. They still have nightmares but I take care of those."

“I’m sorry...I didn’t want Pip to...experience that…” I sighed out sadly. “I’m a terrible big sister…” I muttered absentmindedly.

"It happens." Shining said sadly. "I remember the first time Twilight saw me beat up from a fight back in royal guard school. It was just a bruise from an accident more than from the actual fight and she taught herself the bubble wrap spell and put it on all my armor."

"To be fair, that did spark her interest in magic, and popping all those bubbles off your armor was fun " Cadence added.

"Pip is young and you are strong. Thankfully he only saw the extent you were hurt and was kept away from details, so as far as he knows it was only bad visually." Luna offered to my concerns. "In the end you did your duty as his guard and more. Which brings us back to this new order we have crafted."

“And what’s this new order you have crafted for me?” I asked.

"Well, the goal of the Guardians of Equis, or the G.E, is basically dealing with global, international issues. Presently, the fiends. They are everywhere and every nation is dealing with them one way or another and if this Sombra incident means anything it's a step in a dark future." Shining started. "So far the only members are you, my sister and her friends, Blueblood and myself. Though we are going to need more members. You can't be everywhere and it being international means we need aid both in terms of finances and numbers from the other kingdoms, or at least most of them."

“Sounds about right.” I nodded. “Oh, so quick question, what are the most recent bad guy encounters? Cause Shining here made it sound like Sombra happened not too long ago.”

"The crystal empire emerged from a thousand years of imprisonment with Sombra about two years ago." Cadence said. "This little incident has sent everyone on edge. These are the same ponies he enslaved all those years ago so the scars are deep and still fresh." She sighed.

"In regards to incidents on a national scale… Sombra was the last issue. Not including Twilight with that spell back in Ponyville, that was localized and a test by Celestia that earned little sis her wings and crown." Shining thought aloud.

“You mean that the localized mess of OCD did a massively bad thing?” I asked curiously.

"It was an unfinished spell. Essentially it was meant to bring out the true potential of the elements of harmony, of which Twilight and her friends represent. There were issues when she cast it but thankfully she corrected them and earned her wings."

“Well that’s good to know.” I nodded. “Oh but uh...Sombra told me that there’s nine other pieces of him roaming around, four in Equestria still and five in other countries.”

The silence in the air could let you hear a Nat fly down the hall.

“What?”

To be continued...