• Published 21st Jul 2018
  • 1,344 Views, 15 Comments

Smooth Criminal - dudenotactive



Vale’s most wanted finds himself in a whole new world.

  • ...
0
 15
 1,344

The Night, She Calls Me

Roman stared, his eyes transfixed on the shattered moon in the night sky, his hands firmly grasping the railing of a balcony. He let's out a somber sigh as the cool evening air hits his face, Roman didn't always look up at the sky at night, though it was a an amazing sight, his work always had come first.

"Hey Neo," A small petite woman appears and stood right next to him. "is it just me or does something really feels... off."

Neo did not say a word, only held up a sign that read 'Is it that hat of yours?'

"Oh har dee har har Neo, the hat is fine. But is it just me, or does the moon look a little bit... wrong?"

'It's the same as always.'

Roman shook his head. "Yes, but I have this feeling that it's different somehow." He lifts a hand to point, but what was supposed to be a human hand was replaced by a white hoof. "Gah!" He stumbles back and glances at his other hand, it too was turned into a hoof, even the rest of himself had transformed, he turns to his partner in crime to find that she was replaced by a tall blue mare with flowing mane.

His eyes widens, the balcony itself had disappeared, leaving the two on a grassy field under the broken moon.

What felt like seconds turned to minutes of silence as the two only stared at each other, Roman sat up, staring at the eyes of the mare.

He was obviously dreaming.

"We have finally meet, Roman Torchwick." At first it was strange for Roman to meet a pony in his dream, but there was something familiar about her.

After thinking about it long enough, it clicked. "You wouldn't be princess Luna are you?"

"We are surprised that thou has heard of us."

"Well, a certain pink pony liked to tell stories, especially about an 'alicorn' princess visiting during nightmare night." Roman said, giving Luna his answer, but it was his turn to ask a question. "Wait, why am I dreaming about you?"

"Nay, we are not part of your dream, it is truly I, princess Luna!" She rose to her hind legs for dramatic affect, her wings opens wide and a crack of lightning behind her.

Roman wasn't at all convinced, he still thinks that she isn't real.

"Does thou wishes support for our claims?" She leans forward to the sitting pony before her.

"Nah, I rather not." Having an understanding that he was in the dream realm of his mind, Roman snaps his non existent fingers, giving him a hammock tied on two coconut trees and a golden bowler hat replacing his old one.

Luna for one, was surprised of how the pony in front of her had a strong grip of his own dream world, some ponies couldn't even stop their teeth from falling even though she tried to tell them that it was just a dream.

"Thou is quite handling the situation well, yet thou is skeptical of our existence."

"Well thats because it's pretty impossible for someone to be in other people's dreams." Roman tells Luna without even looking at her, rocking back and fort on his hammock. "Pinkie didn't really mentioned that you could."

Speak of the devil and she will come, or pony in this case because Pinkie Pie herself was now standing next to Roman holding a silver tray on her hopf with the finest apple cider in Roman's dream world. "That's because it isn't mentioned til season 3 silly, and that hasn't happen yet."

"Even in my dreams you still don't make any sense at all."

The two ponies with dream Pinkie were silent once more, the wind whispers as it passes them, the warm breeze felt nice to Roman as he relaxes back into the hammock. And all that was just a dream.

His eyes then returned to the implied intruder in his mind. "Why are you still here?"

"We wanted to meet the criminal, before you are brought to justice." She said while taking a glass of apple cider offered by dream Pinkie in her magic.

"As if, the clowns you call royal guards could barely touch me!" Roman said, also accepting the glass of cider.

"It is not from the guards your downfall would come," Luna tells the over confident stallion. "it is from some pony you have already met."

A single brow was raised by Roman. "Who, Rainbow Crash?" He asked the princess, but she did not answer.

"Don't you listen to her Roman." A familiar voice spoke, he turns to the source and found the alluring but deadly Cinder standing next to pinkie, but she wasn't human. Instead of a drop dead gorgeous woman, it was an ash gray unicorn mare in a red dress, her long raven black hair flowing in the wind. Roman groans loudly, complaining about how the pony world was infecting his mind.

"Nopony could ever catch a handsome and clever stallion such as you." Dream Cinder proceeds to move even closer to him.

"Thank you Cindy." He thanks his former and probably dead boss before turning back to Luna with smug expression. "See, even she agrees."

Luna kept a stoic look, not bothered by anything at all. "Tell us, has the moon in your world always been shattered?"

Roman looks up at the sky, though it was a memory from his world, the shattered moon did not look right to him anymore after witnessing it as a whole. So now both moons are just a reminder for him, that he is no longer in Remnant and that this planet is his new home, like it or not.

He turns back to Luna to answer but she was no longer there, replaced by a certain red hooded girl, not a pony but a human. Roman tried to voice his confusion, sadly no sound came out, he tried again but nothing happened. Roman's hooves started to scratch his throat as he started suffocating, his face was getting warmer and everything was going dark.

His panic let his grip on the dream world slip, losing control of everything.

The stallion falls off the hammock and onto the ground, struggling to breath forgetting about the girl near him, and as the darkness consumes him, he woke up.

Roman snaps into a sitting position, launching an unknown object from his face away. After collecting himself, Roman turns to inspect what it was that tried to kill him in his sleep, it was a cat, yes a fricken cat and it hisses at him before scurrying off to who knows where.

Looking around he found himself still on the roof of the nightclub, he had apparently fallen asleep and now he was forcefully awakened just in time for dawn.

"Roman!" The door was kicked open by Scarlet Arrow, a mug of steaming hot coffee floating beside her. "Jolly is looking for you!"

Torchwick gave her a nod, stretching his limbs giving a satisfying pops before walking over to her. "You know, I had a really strange dream just now."

The mare raised a hoof. "Not now, I'm having a killer headache and you nonsense would make it worse."

They both descend the stairs after closing the door to the rooftop, unbeknownst to both of them, they were spied on through the lenses of a binoculars. The hooded pony puts the tool away to reveal a white mask with a pair of round glasses on it.

The mysterious pony lifts his hoof with a familiar device near his face. "This is Connecticut to L.T., I have located Locus. Should I make first contact?"

"Negative," A deep voice answered. "Red leader is high on our priority list, return quickly with those medical supplies."

"Copy that."

Author's Note:

Yo what up, it's-a-me Trusty. Funny thing, this chapter was actually suppose to be after the chapter Cops and Robbers, but I decided to delete it because it didn't sit well to me, but after the chapter before this one, I couldn't help myself but bring it back with a few tweaks here and there. Plus a new character reveal, heck yeah!

Well, that's all, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Also this Voltaire guy is cool

https://m.