• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 1,055 Views, 31 Comments

Sweet Affection 3 - Masterob



Twilight's plans for a celebration are halted by the teamwork of Changelings and Sirens. Can the Elements and The Crusaders save Equestria again?

  • ...
7
 31
 1,055

Rescue Plans

Later in Friendship Castle, Rumble was laying in his castle bedroom, his bruises having been patched up and his wings given proper care thanks to guidance from Fluttershy.

Lightning Dust was making sure his pillow was properly fluffed as Sweetie Belle wiped his head with a cloth to get all the dirt. Rarity made some herbal tea to relieve any extra pain he might be feeling, though giving it to him was a bit tough since he constantly slipped in and out of consciousness and could barely talk or move. His brother Thunderlane along with his foalsitters, Flitter and Cloudchaser checked on him constantly

Rumble's limited responses was to be expected, between his wounds and the fact that he was out all night, he was very exhausted. At Twilight's request, he was given time to sleep, so once everypony was done getting him treated and cleaned up, he was left to sleep while everypony waited outside.

Needless to say, all the ponies were worried, not just for Rumble's health, but for Flurry Heart, who was still missing. They now know she's being held captive by Chrysalis and her mysterious new allies.

Twilight took this the hardest, she had failed to capture Chrysalis the last time they fought, now her niece was in danger, not to mention a foal she deeply cared about got hurt, she knew she was gonna get Chrysalis for this, it was only a matter of when. The sooner the better for Twilight, not just to get her niece back, but to show Chrysalis what happens when she messes with those she loves.

"Twilight..." she heard. She turned to see a heartbroken Sweetie Belle, the poor filly having tears in her eyes. "Rumble's going to be fine, right?"

Twilight hated seeing Sweetie Belle like this, to see this usually cheery filly so sad and full of despair. She understood her pain, as she cared deeply for Rumble as well, and knowing the two foals had such a close bond, this was likely weight harder on the young Unicorn. "He'll be fine Sweetie Belle, he's a little banged up but he's mostly just exhausted."

Sweetie Belle wiped her tears, "Who would do something like this? Why would anypony hurt Rumble?"

"I don't know, Chrysalis just has hatred deep inside her, though I never would have imagined she would actually hurt Rumble like this," Twilight said.

Sweetie Belle gritted her teeth angrily, "Chrysalis, always causing trouble for us, I hate her so much!"

"I know how you feel Sweetie Belle, Chrysalis will not get away this time, she will answer for to what she's done. What concerns me is that this time she's not alone, she's got new allies now," Twilight said.

"Those Siren things?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"Yes, this could be dangerous, even if we're prepared for Chrysalis, we won't be as prepared for the Sirens," Twilight said.

"Don't you know anything about what Sirens are?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"I have knowledge, but for the most part they're still a mystery. I've never seen one in Equestria," Twilight said.

"Is there anypony else who might be familiar with Sirens? Maybe Sunburst knows something, he's as smart as you are," Sweetie Belle said.

"Right, we could ask him," Twilight said. "Come on, let's get some answers."

Sweetie Belle nodded and followed Twilight to where Sunburst was. From what Twilight remembered, he should be in the Map Room, talking with Starlight and the rest of the Elements.

As Twilight arrived, she saw that they were indeed there, along with Trixie, Lightning Dust, Cadance, Shining Armor, Thorax, Ember and Spike. She could also see that the map had been activated, with the ponies in the room looking through it as if making some plans.

"Chrysalis has always been a pain in the flank to find, narrowing it down is going to be pretty tough," Rainbow Dash said.

"Can't you just ask The Wonderbolts to search the skies until you find her?" Applejack asked.

"That still won't guarantee anything, there aren't enough Wonderbolts to search all of Equestria, it's nearly impossible," Rainbow Dash said.

"Not to mention she could be in lands outside of Equestria," Rarity said.

"Plus if she's changing forms, that's going to make her harder to pinpoint," Ember reminded.

"There's gotta be something, any type of magic she probably radiates!" Shining Armor said, looking a little desperate.

"Chrysalis is a master when it comes to hiding, like Ember said, we Changelings can change form," Thorax said. "Even I couldn't tell a pony from a Changeling so easily."

"What could Chrysalis even want with Flurry Heart anyway?" Lightning asked. "Why did she only go for her and Rumble?"

"We don't know that answer yet, we need to wait for Rumble to recover," Trixie said.

"Why did he even have my daughter? Why were they out of the castle!?" Shining Armor asked, looking really agitated.

"I'm sure there's a good explanation, least I hope so," Applejack said.

"Rumble wouldn't just take Flurry Heart out of the castle for no real reason," Trixie said.

"He didn't have her when he took me home," Sweetie Belle added, getting their attention as she and Twilight walked into the room. "And Rumble wouldn't stay out late, he always gets home on time."

"Twiley, you're here," Shining Armor said, frantically rushing to his sister. "Have you figurd anything out?"

"Yes, I do need to speak with Sunburst a moment," Twilight said, getting the attention of the stallion in question.

"Huh? Me?" Sunburst asked.

"Any chance you know about Sirens?" Twilight asked.

"I've read a little on them, but there isn't a lot to go off," Sunburst said. "They haven't been around in over a thousand years."

"There should be old books on them, if I remember correctly, Stygian told me he did research on all the beasts that the Pillars faced, and I know they had sealed away sirens at one point, so it's possible there can be some form of research around," Twilight said.

"I would say it could be in the Canterlot Royal Library, if we go there we can find the answers we need before going after Chrysalis and her new allies," Sunburst said.

"Good, some progress is being made, but we still need to know where Chrysalis is," Applejack said.

"Maybe we can try to find the Pillars, I'm sure Mage Meadowbrook is probably back at the bayou," Fluttershy said.

"We can keep an eye out for them, but I say we still try to search for Chrysalis as well," Rainbow Dash said.

"We'll try all the ideas, I mean we have more than enough ponies I'm sure," Starlight said.

"We'll divide into different groups, so first-" Twilight's planning was interrupted when Dinky ran into the room.

"He's waking up!" Dinky shouted, then gestured her head. "Let's go quickly!"

Without a second thought, all the ponies followed Dinky, arriving in Rumble's room where the other Crusaders along with Starlight's village friends and Thunderlane were all waiting.

"Oh good, you're all here," Night Glider said, being the first to notice the group of ponies. "Rumble just woke up, he's looking a bit better."

Rumble casually waved to the group, "Hi everypony."

Sweetie Belle quickly leapt on the bed,, "Oh my sweet Rumbly, you're awake! I was so worried about you!" She pulled Rumble into a hug, but quickly broke away when she heard him scream. "I'm sorry! Did I hug too hard?"

"It wasn't that, you kinda hurt my wing, it's still in a lot of pain," Rumble said.

Sweetie Belle looked really regretful of accidentally causing her coltfriend more pain, though felt a hoof rubbing her mane. She turned to see Thunderlane, the stallion offering a friendly smile. "It's great that you care for him, but for now it's best if you minimalize the physical affection."

Sweetie Belle nodded, "Right, sorry about that."

"It's no big deal Sweetie Belle," Rumble reassured. "Truthfully I wish I could get more hugs from you, they always make me happy."

Sweetie Belle blushed at hearing that, even hurt her coltfriend does his best to lighten her mood.

Thunderlane turned his attention to Rumble, "How are you feeling little bro?"

"Beat up, literally, that siren hit hard," Rumble said.

"One of the Sirens did that to you?" Twilight asked.

Rumble nodded to confirm, "Sure did, her name's Adagio Dazzle, she's really mean, and quite scary."

"Sorry I wasn't there for you little brother, we'll make this right though," Thunderlane said.

"You don't have anything to be sorry for, I tried fighting her so I kinda brought this on myself," Rumble said. "By the way, are Flitter or Cloudchaser nearby?"

"They went to get some ice cream for you for when you feel better, they probably went overboard through. I know you like your diet, but-" Thunderlane's explaination was cut off.

"I don't care about my diet right now, I'll take all the ice cream I can get," Rumble said eagerly. "When you get your butt kicked the way I did, you'll do just about anything to feel better, which reminds me." Rumble turned to Sweetie Belle and planted a kiss on her, sending her into a love daze and getting a satisfied smile from the colt. "That helped a lot."

"Ice cream does make everything better!" Pinkie quipped.

While the ponies found some humor in this, Shining Armor was starting to get impatient. Rumble's awake so now he wants answers, and he's going to get them. "Rumble, what happened to my daughter?"

Rumble immediately looked down in shame, "Chrysalis has her, I tried to save her but she and the sirens were stronger than me, I learned that the hard way when their leader kinda overpowered me."

"How many Sirens were there exactly?" Twilight asked.

"Just three, they call themselves 'The Dazzlings'," Rumble explained. "I told you about their leader, Adagio Dazzle, the other one is named Aria Blaze, she's very moody, like the type who can't be bothered with anything. Then there's Sonata Dusk, who compared to the others, really isn't all bad, she seemed kinda nice, not sure how she ended up with them."

"it doesn't matter to me," Sweetie Belle said in anger. "Fact is they're the reason you got hurt. Wait til I get to that Adagio myself, I'll make her regret hurting you my dear sweet Rumbly, her and her little Siren friends, and that terrible Chrysalis!'

"Sweetie Belle, I love that you care, but maybe leave this to Twilight and everypony else, they're really strong and they seem to know how to put up a good fight," Rumble said.

"I don't care how strong and scary they are, I can't sit back knowing they hurt you," Sweetie Belle said.

"Sweetie Belle," Twilight said. "Try to calm yourself a bit, you're getting too worked up."

Sweetie Belle took a deep breath to relax herself, "Yeah, you're right, like I said I hate seeing Rumble like this."

"We all do, but let's try to remain calm and rational," Twilight said, then turned to Rumble. "What did they want with Flurry?"

"I don't remember, they said they needed her magic, but by that point I was already a bit out if it from getting beaten up," Rumble said. "But from the sounds of things, it seems like they want magic from all of you, they captured Flurry knowing you're gonna go after her. I think they're setting all of you up for a trap."

Twilight nodded, "Even so, we're obviously not going to ignore Flurry getting captured, we're gonna go after Chrysalis and her allies, trap or no trap."

"Yeah, at least we'll be ready," Rainbow Dash said.

Shining Armor seemed a bit unsure about something, "Why was is that only you and Flurry got captured? How did that even happen?"

"After I took Sweetie Belle home, I was going back to the castle where Flurry Heart flew over to greet me, I don't know how she got out of the castle though," Rumble said.

"How would she have gotten out?" Twilight wondered.

"Wait, why would she leave the castle the first place?" Shining Armor asked. "She's never done that back home, the most she would do is sneak into the kitchen for snacks."

"Well she knew Rumble was taking Flurry home and Flurry really didn't want Rumble to leave," Spike pointed out.

"She's grown quite fond of Rumble, that shouldn't be surprising," Cadance said. "Though I never imagined she would grow this fond to leave the safety of the castle."

"I'm sorry Cadance, I didn't mean for that to happen," Rumble said, his ears drooping.

Cadence let out a solemn sigh, "It's not your fault Rumble, you certainly didn't expect Flurry to leave the castle. Maybe I should have been more alert, I thought she would have outgrown her nightly adventures."

"Don't start blaming yourself dear, we're both her parents, so I have just as much blame to take as you," Shining Armor said.

"Besides, we'll get her back before you know it," Rainbow Dash insisted.

"Yeah, we'll get our little girl back," Shining Armor said. "Plus if Chrysalis wants to be found, then we'll make her regret that decision, she'll regret constantly underestimating us."

"She does seem to do that a lot, not very clever," Applejack said.

"Chrysalis has always had quite an ego, the moment things start to go right for her, she believes she's got herself a win and forgets to plan for any possible defeat," Thorax said.

"Wait, if she's that easy to defeat, then why have none of the Elements ever actually beaten her? Instead they seemed to rely on the help of others," Lightning Dust arrogantly pointed out, much to Rainbow Dash's annoyance.

"If you think it's so easy, then why don't you try defeating her yourself!?" Rainbow Dash asked, then did a mock gasp face. "Oh that's right, you tried, and failed, just like in The Wonderbolts Academy!"

Lightning Dust looked furious, "Hey the only reason the Academy was a bust was because-"

"Enough!" Twilight ordered. "This isn't the time to be arguing, let's focus on the main problem here!"

"Save yer petty rivarly fer another time!" Applejack said.

"Hey she started it," Rainbow Dash said.

"Next time try to deal with it in a more mature way, and Lightning Dust, there was no need for your little comment about Rainbow Dash, this is a serious situation and the last thing we need is unneeded tension," Twilight said.

"Right, sorry about that Twilight," Lightning Dust said, regretfully rubbing her mane.

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to," Twilight said, then gestured to Rainbow Dash.

Lightning Dust let out a reluctant sigh and turned to Rainbow Dash, "Sorry about that Rainbow Dash."

Rainbow Dash looked to the side, then noticed Twilight gesturing to Lightning with her eyes a couple of times, putting extra emphases around the third time with the added use of her hoof. "It's alright Lightning Dust, no worries here."

Twilight shook her head at the reluctance in both their voices, but figured this was as good as it would get for now.

"Well, now that that's out the way..." Applejack said and focused back on the situation. "What's the plan with Chrysalis?"

"Well I'm going to Canterlot with Starlight and Sunburst to find out some information about the Sirens, the rest of you divide into groups and seek out Chrysalis and the Sirens," Twilight ordered.

"I can take one group," Rainbow Dash said. "I can even get The Wonderbolts to help."

"Hey if you're getting The Wonderbolts, then I'm coming with you," Thunderlane said.

"Of course dude, you're a Wonderbolt too," Rainbow Dash said.

Lightning Dust rolled her eyes, "I'll get my own group going. We'll try to find Chrysalis and the Sirens as well."

"Actually Lightning Dust, I was hoping you could also help me," Fluttershy said. "We can try to find Mage Meadowbrook, she might know where The Pillars are."

"You need my help?" Lightning Dust asked.

"It helps having a second Pegasus to fly with, and you're strong from what I hear, so you'd make a great help," Fluttershy said.

"Makes sense, but afterwards we try to find that fallen queen," Lightning Dust said.

"You might run into her along the way," Applejack said. "So yer gonna have to help protect Fluttershy."

"Well I'd like to think I can take care of myself, but I would feel better if Lightning Dust were there," Fluttershy insisted.

"You'd have nothing to worry about, you get my back, I get yours," Lightning Dust said.

"What about Rumble? Who's going to watch over him?" Rarity asked.

"Starlight's friends, if they don't mind," Twilight said.

"His foalsitters should be coming back soon as well," Thunderlane said.

"Well we certainly don't mind, we'd love to take care of this sweet little guy," Sugar Belle said, getting a small blush from Rumble.

"It would help if you kept an eye on all of our sisters and their friends," Applejack said.

"Aw, can't we come help?" Apple Bloom asked.

Applejack looked at Apple Bloom like if she was out of it, "Of course not! You lost yer mind or something!?"

"We would never bring any of you along for a situation like this, what kind of sisters would we be if we did?" Rarity asked.

"The kind of sisters that allow us to get revenge for a friend, or at least for me, my coltfriend?" Sweetie Belle stated.

"It's too dangerous, ah know Twilight's been teaching you some fancy spells and what not but that don't mean you should be going out there and endangering yerselves," Applejack said.

"That's exactly right, we know you all just care for Rumble but we can't allow you to do anything so dangerous, we couldn't forgive ourselves if you got hurt," Rarity said.

"Just stay here and watch over Rumble, I'm quite certain that would mean a lot to him if you do," Applejack said.

"Yeah, I'll feel better if you're all here where it's safe. Adagio and Chrysalis are very sinister mares, let Twilight and her friends handle this," Rumble said.

Sweetie Belle huffed, "Fine, but I get to be Rumble's personal nurse. I'll get him back to good health in no time."

Twilight nodded, "Good, now that everything's been settled, let's get a move on, everypony to their respective destinations."

"What do we do if we find the ones we're looking for?" Lightning Dust asked.

Twilight tapped her chin, "Try to meet us at Canterlot, I do need to let Princess Celestia and Princess Luna know."

"Weren't they coming to Ponyville today?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well they obviously can't, let's just hurry," Twilight said. "Who else is coming with me and Sunburst?"

"I'll go with you," Starlight said.

"Same here, I need to find out more information," Cadance said.

"I'm going to look for my daughter, so I'm going with Rainbow Dash," Shining Armor said.

"I'll go give Fluttershy and Lightning Dust a hoof," Applejack said. "If Mage Meadowbrook is there, maybe she knows where the other pillars are, including Rockhoof."

"Right, it would be great if we found Mistmane as well," Rarity said. "So I'll tag along with Fluttershy's group."

"I'd like to go find Sonambula...but I think I should go with Dashie, just to make sure she has somepony else to help her," Pinkie said.

"I'll go with Twilight and Starlight," Trixie said. "I feel I'll be of better use there."

"Me, Ember and Thorax will do our own search," Spike said. "Having two is better than one, maybe we can help find The Pillars as well."

"Good idea," Twilight said. "Alright everyone, let's get a move on!"

With that all the ponies began to scatter to their location.


Far off with Chrysalis, she had been trotting alongside her loyal Changelings and The Dazzlings, with Flurry Heart in a bubble. They had a location to get to, quite eagerly for them since they can begin enacting their plan, thanks to the magic they can get from Flurry Heart.

Sonata Dusk, however, had a feeling of regret. She looked on at Flurry, feeling pity for the toddler. She rather enjoyed cuddling her close as they slept last night, she wouldn't mind continuing that, at any chance.

"Say, Princess Flurry looks a bit sad in there, maybe she can ride on my back for now?" Sonata suggested.

"No, leave her be," Chrysalis said.

"Come on, I can keep a close eye on her," Sonata insisted.

"Enough Sonata," Adagio said. "Leave the kid be, we have more important things to focus on."

Sonata pouted a bit, "I just wanted to make sure she was comfortable."

"Uh, she's the daughter of one of our enemies," Aria reminded. "Her comfort shouldn't mean anything to us."

"Princess Cadance and Shining Armor never did anything to us though, only to Chrysalis. Besides even if they did, that doesn't mean their daughter did, she's just a toddler after all," Sonata pointed out.

"And soon she'll grow to be our enemy," Chrysalis said. "Once I get my use from this foal, I might choose to dispose of her before she becomes trouble later on."

"Ok, that's way too cruel for my liking, since when do we hurt foals anyway?" Sonata asked.

"When they're annoying and a threat to our mission," Adagio said. "We can't afford to hold back when we're so close to our goal."

"Exactly, now enough talk, we're almost there," Chrysalis said, picking up the pace.

Sonata sighed in reluctance, "Still think there's a better way to do this."

The group continued to walk, approaching a dry looking plain, very little to no plants, almost like a desert. In this area was a dark void of lightning, some evil laughter emanating, freaking out Flurry Heart, and Sonata for that matter.

"Here we are," Chrysalis said, popping Flurry out of her bubble. The Princess attempted to escape but Chrysalis grabbed her with her magic. "Nice try."

"See, that's why we don't let her out of the bubble," Adagio pointed out to Sonata.

"Hey I was close to running too, that laughter was really scary!" Sonata said.

"Now then, time to make use of you little filly," Chrysalis said, using some vines to keep Flurry in place as she began to transfer some magic out of her and into the dark void.

The Dazzlings watched in awe as the void began to react, magic and lightning emanating out violently. However by the end of it, nothing really happened.

"More magic..." they heard a voice say.

"I should have known she wouldn't be enough," Chrysalis said, then turned her attention to Flurry. "But you'll still do your part in this. Especially once those fools flock over to save you, you're going to lead them into my trap."

Flurry trembled a bit, then got started by Adagio's sudden appearence next to her, "And Equestria will fall to our power, starting with your family."

Flurry closed her eyes in fear, wishing she could be anywhere else right now. She regrets having left the castle, she should have just waited for Rumble to come back. She doesn't even know if Rumble's alright, she hopes that her parents or her aunt found him, then they can all come save her and beat these monsters.

"Come on, stop scaring the poor filly," Flurry heard. She recognized Sonata's voice and opened her eyes to see Sonata standing near her, glaring at Adagio. "This doesn't exactly make you look strong if you're trying to intimidate a toddler."

"You're becoming a real pain in the flank Sonata," Adagio said. "What's with your affection to this useless filly?"

"I don't know, she's just cute," Sonata explained. "Besides it just seems wrong to treat her so badly, plus it might make things a bit more difficult."

"Difficult how?" Adagio asked.

"The more we scare her, the more she'll want to try and escape. If we're a bit nicer to her, she won't try to escape, maybe she'll even wanna stay with us forever," Sonata explained.

Adagio took a second to register everything her friend just said. "First, I don't do nice, and if she does try to escape, we can get her back easily. Second, why would we want her to stay with us forever?"

"Wouldn't it be ideal if we had an Alicorn on our side? That means more magic, we can raise her to be our greatest and most powerful ally!" Sonata exclaimed. "Plus she's really cute and I really wanna keep her around."

Adagio wanted to refute that, but she had to admit that wasn't a terrible idea, even if one of the reasons was plain idiotic for her liking. "Alright then, if you think that will work, I'm placing you in charge."

"Huh? Me?" Sonata asked.

"Well this was your idea, it's only fitting that you be the first to start us off on it," Adagio said, then turned to Chrysalis. "Are you ok with this?"

"Not entirely, but I'll allow this young girl to try," Chrysalis said, then levitated Flurry towards her. "Here you go, do not disappoint me, otherwise you'll heavily regret it."

Sonata grabbed Flurry in her hooves, sitting down as she held her, "Guess it's up to me." She started gently rocking Flurry, "But I think this will work, soon you'll like us all very much Flurry, we'll be like your aunties, always there to love and take care of you."

"Don't get carried away with that love nonsense!" Adagio warned.

Sonata shrugged and kept rocking Flurry, "Well I'll at least love you little Flurry." Sonata then started to gently hum as she rocked the filly in her hooves.

Flurry barely acknowledged the affection, not that it wasn't welcome. She just wanted to be back with her parents, her auntie and with Rumble. The only good thing now was that at least one of the sirens was being nice. Flurry figured the best thing to do now is go along with this, since now she won't be trapped in a bubble.

Plus, Sonata has a really soothing voice, just enough to make her feel a bit sleepy. Maybe, this won't be so bad.

Author's Note:

Apologies for the long time between updates. I hoped for a small break but it ended up getting extended. I may not be able to update this story as frequently as I'd like, despite that being my plans and what I did with the last two stories. But that led to the stories getting rushed, which really affected the second one for me. I'll keep trying to push out chapters, I have no intention of not finishing this story, but I can't promise quick releases, unless I really know what I want to do with this story. I know where the plot's going, I just want to make sure it's detailed the best I can make it. Hope you continue to enjoy.