• Published 2nd Jun 2018
  • 1,055 Views, 31 Comments

Sweet Affection 3 - Masterob



Twilight's plans for a celebration are halted by the teamwork of Changelings and Sirens. Can the Elements and The Crusaders save Equestria again?

  • ...
7
 31
 1,055

A Dazzling Spectacle

Back in Ponyville, Chrysalis and Luna continued to do battle against Princess Luna, the Changeling Queen freely firing off a bunch of blasts with little to know regard to the homes below and Luna doing her best to reduce damage to Ponyville.

"If you hold back against me you won't last much longer, if I were you I'd worry less about the damage these ponies receive to their homes and more about your own personal safety," Chrysalis taunted.

"If you're so eager to fight me at my full strength, then come with me somewhere that has no houses or ponies," Luna said.

"I'd love to, but I have to command my army," Chrysalis answered. "Plus I'm sure you wouldn't want to leave your friends behind, or your old mentor, who seems to be doing quite well for a pony of his age."

Luna turned and saw Starswirl perfectly dodging Adagio's attacks. "That shouldn't be a surprise, Starswirl is an experienced warrior with magic skills only Twilight Sparkle could rival."

"Well his luck can only last for so long, eventually my good friend Adagio will do away with him," Chrysalis said. "Or I can destroy him myself, once I'm done toying with you."

"I don't think so," Luna said, blasting Chrysalis across the sky. "The only way to stop her is to finish her off once and for all!" Luna flew toward Chrysalis's direction.

Outside the village, Starlight's friends and the foals were observing with looks of despair, seeing their town at the mercy of the Changelings wasn't an easy sight.

"We gotta do something!" Apple Bloom said. "There's gotta be a way to drive them off!"

"That might be hard, even with Princess Luna's help," Double Diamond said.

"Then let's go in and fight as well!" Scootaloo said. "I can handle a few Changelings!"

"You kids need to stay away from the fighting!" Sugar Belle said. "Leave this to The Princesses."

"Ugh, we never get to do anything!" Dinky said.

"You're kids," Sugar Belle said. "Not to be mean but what can you do against Changelings and Sirens?"

"Or do you want to end up like Rumble?" Party Favor asked.

"To be fair, I'm a tad bit stronger than Rumble," Scootaloo said.

Dinky looked surprised at that statement, "Says who!? Rumble's arguably the strongest out of all of us."

"Technically Apple Bloom would be stronger since she works on a farm," Tender Taps said.

"But Rumble actually knows how to fight," Dinky pointed out. "He got combat training from-"

"We know Dinky," Apple Bloom said. "Sweetie Belle's mentioned it like a bajillion times."

"That's not even a real number!" Sweetie Belle said.

"What are you, a calculator?" Scootaloo asked.

Sugar Belle rolled her eyes, "You're all missing the point, it's too dangerous for foals to be out there! What would your sisters say if they knew you were fighting Changelings!?"

Scootaloo spoke up, "They'd say how cool we were fighting for Equestria."

Sugar Belle glanced over at the others, wondering if they heard the same silly nonsense she just heard, then looked back to Scootaloo. "You live in quite a fantasy."

Apple Bloom heard some commotion not too far away, "Ah see Changelings...wait are they hearding toward mah family's farm!?"

Double Diamond held his hoof out, "Stay out of sight everypony, we don't want-" He then noticed Apple Bloom running toward where the Changelings went. "Apple Bloom!"

"Let's go!" Scootaloo said, running in her friend's direction, with Dinky, Babs and Sweetie Belle following close behind.

Sugar Belle's eye twitched slightly, "What!?"

Double Diamond shook his head and turned to Sugar Belle, "Stay here with Tender Taps, we'll get those girls back."

With that, he and Party Favor ran after the girls, Night Glider flying overhead in their direction.

Sugar Belle looked very annoyed at having seen the girls foolishly run off, Tender Taps just looking confused.

"So...awkward situation huh?" Tender Taps said.

"Just sit down and wait," Sugar Belle said, obviously a little ticked off. Not wanting to cause any further annoyance, Tender Taps obeyed and sat down, hoping everything would turn out alright.

When Apple Bloom arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, she could see a bunch of Changelings flying around, attacking ponies that retreated there, causing damage to the nearby Apple Trees.

"H-hey, that's our family's work! Stupid insects!" Apple Bloom shouted. This got the attention of the Changelings, all of whom angrily glared at the young filly. "Whoops, should have thought that through."

The Changelings flew at Apple Bloom, so she got into a bucking stance and managed to kick one away, knocking into some others.

"Ha! Who says ah can't take care of myself!" Apple Bloom's gloating was interrupted when a Changelings zapped at her, which she narrowly dodged. "Dang that was a strong looking blast."

It was about to blast again when it was kicked to the ground by an incoming Night Glider. "Take that!"

"Hey, just in time," Apple Bloom said. Night Glider's glare put a damper on her peppy mood, "You don't look too happy."

"You can't just run off in the middle of a-" Night Glider elbowed an incoming Changeling in the face, knocking it out, "Changeling invasion!"

"Mah farm's in danger, look at what they did to our trees!" Apple Bloom said. "That's months of hard work ruined!"

"I'm sure your sister cares more about your safety than trees you can easily regrow," Night Glider said.

"Still, it takes time and effort!" Apple Bloom said.

More Changelings came, just as Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Dinky arrived.

"Let's blast'em Sweetie Belle!" Dinky said, as she and her friend charged up her magic and started blasting the Changelings.

Babs ran toward a Changeling, "This is for wrecking my cousins' farm!" She headbutted it hard, knocking her a little dizzy but still determined to fight.

During this, Apple Bloom noticed some ruckus nearby. She checked ahead and saw Starlight, Sunburst and Trixie trying to fight off Aria.

"That mare looks like trouble," Apple Bloom said, running toward the fight.

As the other adult ponies caught up, they saw the two Unicorn fillies blasting off some Changelings, Night Glider and Scootaloo attacking with various strikes as well as Babs throwing one by the leg across the fields.

Party Favor noticed Apple Bloom running off by herself, "That stubborn filly!" He ran after her, hoping to catch her before she ended up getting hurt, leaving Double Diamond to help fight off the Changelings.

Aria continued evading all of the incoming attacks, then noticed Apple Bloom making her way over. "Who's that little pony?"

Starlight noticed the young farmer as well, "Apple Bloom!? What on Earth are you doing here!?"

"Checking on mah farm! These varmints have been wrecking everything!" Apple Bloom said.

"It's not safe here! You should be back at the castle!" Starlight said.

"It ain't safe there either! Rumble's older brother tried to attack us!" Apple Bloom said.

"Huh, looks like that plan failed," Aria said, getting a glare from Starlight.

"You brainwashed their brother and sent him to attack!?" Starlight asked, looking quite furious.

"Duh, it's called strategy," Aria said.

"It didn't work, we overpowered him...though Rumble's a little mad that I knocked him out with a buck kick," Apple Bloom said.

"Wait, you knocked him out?" Sunburst asked. "Wow, you must be really strong for a filly."

"Why thank you," Apple Bloom said with a toothy grin.

"Don't encourage her!" Starlight shouted to her friend.

"We don't need her getting a bigger head," Trixie said, much to Apple Bloom's annoyance.

"Like yer one to talk," Apple Bloom said, getting Trixie annoyed.

"THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR AN ARGUMENT!" Starlight shouted, her angry vein popping out again, startling everyone, including her friends and enemies. Starlight regained her composure and tried speaking calmly, "My apologies but we need to focus on the task at hoof, the sooner we can get back to our normal lives, including having random pretty arguments."

Trixie shrugged, "I'm good with that."

"Sounds good to me too, let's fight!" Apple Bloom said, then felt herself get lifted up by magic. "Hey what gives!?"

"I give!" Party Favor said. "Apple Bloom, you can't keep running off like that, you're gonna get hurt!"

"He's right little filly, it's really dangerous here," Aria taunted.

"Hey, don't talk down on me!" Apple Bloom said.

"Can't help it, you are kinda short," Aria said, getting Apple Bloom really frustrated.

"Come here and say that! I'll show ya what's short!" Apple Bloom shouted, throwing random jabs.

"Apple Bloom!" they heard another filly say. They turned to see Babs making her way over. "I'm coming cuz!"

"Another Apple," Aria said, then turned to a Changeling. "Grab her."

The Changeling saluted and flew at Babs, ready to grab the filly when it got rammed by a larger stallion. "Nope."

"Big Macintosh!" Starlight said.

"Where'd he come from!?" Trixie asked.

Apple Bloom face hoofed, "Trixie, we're on mah family's farm, where do ya think he came from?"

"I mean why wasn't he here sooner!?" Trixie asked.

"Probably helping out Granny Smith, right big bro?" Apple Bloom asked.

Big Mac nodded, "Eeyup." He then faced Aria, glaring at the Siren.

"Ooh, big muscly stallion, yeah that's gonna be a real help," Aria said, not hiding the sarcasm.

Big Macintosh charged at her, only to be blocked by Changelings and ponies. This wasn't enough, with a mighty heave Big Mac knocked all of them back, scattering them across the area.

"Holy smokes!" Babs said in amazement.

"Huh, guess he might be more trouble than I thought," Aria said.

Big Macintosh charged again when they heard an explosion nearby. The battle between Luna and Chrysalis had reached the farm, the queen zapping down and attempting to destroy Luna, each missed blast hitting and damaging the farm.

"H-hey! Our farm!" Apple Bloom shouted in annoyance. "Watch where yer aiming you stupid queen!"

Chrysalis turned to Apple Bloom and sent a blast at her, which Big Macintosh instinctively blocked before Starlight had a chance to cast a shield.

"Big Brother!" Apple Bloom shouted at Big Macintosh fell to the ground, a big mark on his body.

Luna noticed the injured stallion, "Oh no, he needs-"

This distraction was enough for Chrysalis to gain the upper hoof and blasted Luna down to the ground below, charging up some more magic and sending it down on the Moon Princess, creating a larger explosion.

When the smoke cleared, Luna was out cold in a cater, feeling barely alive at the moment.

"I warned you not to get distracted," Chrysalis taunted, lowering herself down. She could see all the ponies getting into a defensive stance, as well as the arrival of the rest of the earlier group. "My, what a large gathering. I'm so glad you've returned Starlight, I still have a revenge scheme to plan."

The foals cowered a bit before Chrysalis, even if Dinky and Scootaloo tried to look brave, Chrysalis could see right through them.

"If you think I can't sense your fear, you're sadly mistaken," Chrysalis said, floating towards them. At that moment, Party Favor, Double Diamond and Night Glider shielded the foals by standing between them and Chrysalis. "Aw, how brave."

Chrysalis then effortlessly blasted each of them one by one, much to Starlight's dismay. "No! My friends!"

"Oh I'm sorry dear, those were your friends?" Chrysalis asked. "Such brave ponies they are."

Starlight had enough and charged at Chrysalis, the two clashing horns. "I'm not letting you hurt anypony else!"

"Got some fight? Excellent!" Chrysalis said and zapped her away again.


Meanwhile, Sonata and Shining Armor were still battling, Sonata was gaining the advantage and got a few good hits in on Shining Armor. During this, Sunset took the moment to blast Sonata across the town.

"Don't let up, keep at her," Sunset said.

Twilight sighed in despair, "Really hoped to end this sooner."

"You have way too soft a heart Twilight," Sunset said.

"It's how I made so many friends," Twilight retorted.

"How can you have any desire to make friends with the same mare that foalnapped your niece?" Sunset asked.

"I just don't think she's all that bad, at least I hope my instincts are correct," Twilight said. "Rumble said one of them was nice, maybe she's the nice one."

"It hardly matters," Sunset said. "She's our enemy, if she doesn't want to get into a fight then she shouldn't have attacked us the way she did."

Shining Armor trotted towards Sonata, "I still want to get her back for what she said about taking my niece."

Twilight sighed in disappointment, looks like she won't be avoiding a fight, might as well make sure there's as little damage as possible.

Sonata stood up and dusted herself off, just as Adagio landed beside her in an attempt to dodge one of Starswirl's attacks. "You look like you're having trouble."

"I'm fine, just a little distracted having to listen to Princess Twilight's ramblings on Friendship," Sonata said.

"What is she trying to get you on her side?" Adagio asked.

"Probably, willing to bet she just wants to get me to take her to Flurry Heart, then betray me on the spot," Sonata said. "Well I wasn't falling for it."

"Smart girl, don't trust anything Twilight Sparkle or any of her friends say," Adagio said. "Remember they're loyal followers of the Pillars."

"Speaking of the Pillars, is that them right there?" Sonata asked, pointing to the oncoming Starswirl, Mistmane, Sonambula and Mage Meadowbrook.

"Yes, four of them at least," Adagio said, then gestured over to Twilight, Sunset and Shining Armor, "Looks like The Crystal Prince broke free."

"Yeah he's been a pain in the neck," Sonata said. "Nothing I can't handle."

Both hero sides reached the two Sirens, ready to continue battling, or for some, work things out without fighting.

"You two are surrounded, your best option is surrender," Shining Armor said.

"You're predictable," Adagio said. "You really think we'll surrender that easily? After coming this far?"

"You don't have much choice," Sunset said. "Surrender or we'll do this the hard way."

"Oh it'll be hard, for you," Adagio said. "Let's call our friend Sonata."

"Gladly," Sonata agreed, the two then singing an hypnotic high note, getting the attention of the third Siren.

"Looks like it's time to put on a show," Aria said, then dodged a blast from Sunburst. "Yo Chrissy, my friends need me, you good here?"

Chrysalis blasted Starlight away, "I can handle these weaklings, go and Dazzle this shameful town."

Aria turned to the others, "Sorry to cut this short, but I gotta run, see ya."

She began to run off as the Changelings blocked the way of Sunburst and the group.

"What is she up to?" Trixie asked.

"Probably has to do with that high note we just heard," Sunburst said. "Let's get over there, Twilight might need our help."

"What about Starlight?" Trixie asked as Starlight attempted to blast Chrysalis, though each attack was blocked by a magic wall.

The Queen went to attack again, but Night Glider kicked her in the sides, "Starlight, go help Twilight, I'll keep Chrysalis distracted."

"What? I can't leave you alone with her!" Starlight said.

"She's not alone," Double Diamond said. "I'm here with her." He noticed Big Macintosh standing up in the corner of his eye, still hurt but with fight in his eyes. "And it looks like we'll have some backup."

Night Glider turned to Starlight, "Twilight's gonna need your help, we can hold Chrysalis off long enough for you to take it to those Sirens!"

Starlight was about to protest, but she could tell they were gonna be stubborn about it. She knew when it came down to it, her friends from the village can be driven by intense determination. "Alright." She turned to her two best friends, "Let's get going!"

"Yeah, let's get-" Apple Bloom was grabbed by Party Favor's magic.

"You're going back to Sugar Belle, all you foals are," Party Favor said, much to their annoyance.

"That sucks so much!" Scootaloo said.

"Watch your tone young filly, march to Sugar Belle," Party Favor ordered, then briefly turned to Starlight. "I'll take care of the foals, you go help Twilight."

"Get them far away from here," Starlight said. "Any place that looks safe enough."

"Sugar Belle and I can handle some Changelings if they come our way," Party Favor said.

"So can I, just so it's out there," Scootaloo said, getting a glare from the older ponies. "But I'll try to stay out of trouble."

"Move young fillies!" Party Favor ordered, leading the three away on hoof and dragging Apple Bloom away with magic.

As Starlight and her team left, Chrysalis stared down at Night Glider, Double Diamond and Big Macintosh. "Let's see how long you last against me."

Back near the center of town, Shining Armor aimed his horn at the Dazzlings, "What are you planning!"

"Just a little performance, the least we can do in the presence of Royalty and such Great Heroes," Adagio said.

Sunset's pupils dilated, "Oh no...We can't let them-"

Adagio blasted Sunset to a wall, to which Twilight immediately checked on her, "Sunset!"

"Adagio, whatever you're planning, it won't work," Starswirl said. "Your songs may work on those with undisciplined minds, but it won't work with us."

Mistmane, Sonambula and Meadowbrook glanced toward Shining Armor in a concerned fashion, much to his annoyance. "Hey I won't get controlled if I'm more prepared for it!"

"Yeah that's not how it works," Adagio said. "But don't worry, that's not what we're planning."

Aria arrived in the center of town moments later, meeting with her two friends. "Hey girls, ready to party?"

"Let's," Adagio said, the three standing together as they sang a harmonious yet ominous note.

"Welcome to the show, we're here to let you know..." their eyes started glowing as they floated off the ground. "Our time is now, your time is running out..."

"What are they doing?" Twilight asked, getting concerned.

Sunset started standing up, shaking off the force of the blast. "They're probably turning into their true forms."

"True forms!?" Shining Armor said.

Starswirl's eyes widened, "Oh no!"

The more they sang, the more they started to transform, first getting fin looking wings, they forming a type of dragon/serpent hybrid, the trio glaring down at their enemies.

Starlight and her group arrived just in time to see the transformation. "Oh no, not good!"

The three let out a huge screech that overtook most of the land, being heard even from where Fluttershy's group was.

"Uh, what was that noise?" Lightning Dust asked.

"Whatever it was it can't be good, let's hurry!" Rarity said, urging the group.

"Right, we need to get to wherever that came from as quickly as possible!" Fluttershy urged.

"Quickly as possible, right, let's move slowpokes!" Lightning Dust said, flying off in an instant.

"Lightning Dust! Don't fly away from the-!" Fluttrshy sighed. "Why bother, she's more hard-headed than Rainbow Dash."

Back in Ponyville, the Sirens swirled around the sky, like eels in the ocean. Twilight turned her attention to Starswirl, "What should we do?"

"Uh, last time I was faced with this I used a banishing spell," Starswirl faced Twilight, "But I'm sure that's not what you think the right thing to do is."

"Why I don't see the big deal?" Sunset interjected. "If they're gonna bring harm to Equestria we should send them away!"

"So they can come back angrier?" Twilight asked. "Banishment isn't always the option, it's not permanent anyway. King Sombra, Discord, Nightmare Moon, the Pony of Shadows, they've all come back after banishment."

"After about a thousand years!" Sunset said. "Let the heroes of that time deal with this!"

"How could you say something like that!?" Twilight shouted, slightly furious. "Our duty is to protect Equestria for future generations, how can we do that if we just do things that are only delaying our destruction!?"

"She's right young filly," Starswirl said. "Don't be foolish like I was, we need to try everything possible to ensure the safety of this world."

"You're only delaying your inevitable destruction," Adagio said, "Now behold our power!"

The three flew into the air and began mind controlling every pony in the village, sans Twilight and her team, though nearly mind controlling Shining Armor again.

"Must...resist...!" Shining Armor said, trying to shake it off. Sunset assisted with her magic, keeping Shining Armor from losing his mind.

Starlight and her group had arrived, also able to resist the mind control and met up with Twilight.

"What's going on?" Starlight asked.

"They're rounding up their magic for another attack, make sure you keep resisting their song!" Sunset said.

"Easier said than done," Trixie said, trying to shake off the sound. "It's too...alluring!"

"We're here for you!" Starlight said, using her magic similar to Sunset doing for Shining Armor.

"Thanks," Trixie said, then noticed a bunch of ponies acting weird. "But it looks like we have trouble."

Dozens of mind controlled ponies started destroying parts of the town, and some starting fighting each other, chaos was erupting through Ponyville.

"Oh no!" Sunburst said. "They're destroying the town!"

"Of course, they're turning the ponies against each other," Sunset said.

"Where's your friendship now Princess?" Adagio asked. "All I see is disharmony, and it looks delicious."

"Still want to make friends with her?" Sunset asked.

"What is with you!?" Twilight asked. "I thought you learned a while back about the Magic of Friendship!?"

"Friends are nice, but these aren't friends!" Sunset said. "I know you reformed the likes of Discord, Princess Luna and a majority of The Changelings, but it won't work with The Sirens, it completely goes against their nature!"

"Gee get a load of the Siren expert here," Aria said, annoying Sunset.

"Anything is possible, I don't want to fight unless I have to," Twilight said.

"Allow us to help!" Adagio said and blasted down at Twilight and her friends. "This is what we think of your Friendship!"

Aria and Sonata assisted, trying to completely destroy Twilight and company.

"Ugh, that's it!" Sunset shouted and started blasting back. "We're not letting you destroy Equestria!"

"Sorry Twilight, any other day I'd go with your beliefs, but we need to bring them down!" Starlight said and blasted as well.

Starswirl reluctantly gave in as well, "Well, sometimes we need to be tough, even when we don't necessarily want to be." He too began blasting up, the other Unicorns also giving in.

Twilight bit her lip, "Great...looks like I'll have to knock some sense into them first" Twilight finally assisted in attacking, all of them hoping to bring down the Sirens.

"I just hope the foals will be alright," Sunburst said, though Starlight's pupils shrank when she heard that.

"Oh no, I wonder how the trance affected them?"

Near Sweet Apple Acres, Apple Bloom and the other fillies are hiding behind barrel as they chucked some apples at Party Favor.

"You'll never take us fiend!" Apple Bloom shouted.

"You tell 'em Apple Bloom!" Scootaloo shouted.

Party Favor zapped down all the apples that came his way, "Little brats, that all you have!?"

"In your dreams!" Dinky shouted, using her magic to throw more apples.

Not too far away, Tender Taps is seen running for safety, being chased by a mind controlled Sugar Belle.

"Come on Sugar Belle! We're supposed to be friends!" Tender Taps shouted in fear.

"Then let's be friends, we'll get nice and close!" Sugar Belle shouted sinisterly at the poor colt.

Tender Taps just kept running, desperately hoping to find someplace to hide, or somepony to help. "Twilight! Where are you!?"

Above Ponyville, The Sirens continued blasting down as the rebelling ponies below dodged and zapped, getting a few hits to their heads, mostly just enraging the three sirens.

Sonambula and Mage Meadowbrook were both fending away some oncoming ponies, trying to incapacitate them without too much injury.

"If ah had my materials, we'd be able to help fight off the mind control," Meadowbrook said.

"It would be useless unless we defeat those three sirens," Sonambula said. "They'll just try to take over again."

Twilight flew up, circling around the Sirens in an attempt to confuse them, dodging blasts as she did so. "You can stop anytime you'd like!"

"We can say the same to you!" Adagio said, blasting at Twilight, the Friendship Princess quickly putting up a shield. Her two friends assisted in the blast, Twilight struggling to keep the shield up. But this allowed her friends below to charge a shot together and blast Sonata hard, knocking her for a loop.

"Sonata!" Aria said in concern, the two forgetting about Twilight for a moment. That moment was all she needed to fly higher, charge a stronger magic spell and blast Sonata to the ground, crashing on top of a house.

"Ooh, note to self, find owner and repeatedly apologize," Twilight said.

Starswirl quickly ran over to where Sonata was and used a magic spell to restrain her, the siren reverting back into a pony form and out for the fight. "Good thing I studied up on some newer spells, took the negative magic right out of her."

"Damn! You'll regret that!" Adagio shouted and gathered more energy from the negativity around.

Starswirl turned around and used his magic in an attempt to restrain Aria, but the Siren was too strong for his magic and broke free. She turned her attention to the wizard and flew in for a head on attack.

Sunset and Sunburst quickly blasted Aria from the side, just before Starswirl put up shield. Thanking them he attempted to restrain Aria again, this time with the two younger Unicorns helping.

"Hurry, the sooner we stop her, the more vulnerable the last one will be!" Starswirl said.

"She seems to be the strongest too, so she'll definitely need all of our combined focus," Sunset said.

Aria struggled and started to break free, but Twilight from above sent another blast, landing right on Aria. This weakened her enough to be fully restrained, the magic being pulled from her as she reverted back to her pony form as well.

"Two down, let's not stop!" Sunset said.

Adagio looked furious and sent out a loud screech that hurt the ears of anypony nearby.

"Ah! Is this a Siren or a Banshee!?" Sunburst shouted, holding his ears.

"The sirens can use their magic to power the range of their voice!" Sunset explained through the agony.

Starswirl endured the pain long enough to charge up some magic and zap Adagio in the head, stunning her a bit and stopping the screech. Twilight sent a few blasts at her, but Adagio proved to be a bit more enduring and whacked Twilight back.

"You're not stopping me!" Adagio said, then flew in to attack again but was suddenly rammed on the side. She turned around and saw Lightning Dust, the cocky Pegasus smirking arrogantly.

"Ha! Nailed at!" Lightning Dust said, then got whacked down through the roof of a house.

"Lightning Dust!" Twilight shouted in concern.

"I'm alright...!" Lightning said, obviously in pain. "Nothing I can't shake off!"

"Shake this off," Adagio said, preparing another attack, but received a blast to the stomach by the combined power of Trixie and Mistmane.

"Did you forget about us!?" Trixie asked.

Shining Armor and Starlight took their turn to attack, getting Adagio right in the sides. Starswirled attempted his restrain on Adagio with Sunburst and Sunset helping.

"This won't be enough to stop me!" Adagio shouted, letting out another screech in an attempt to weaken her enemies.

Twilight put up a shield to protect herself from the screech and flew the shield right into Adagio's face, stunning her for a bit as she quickly flew around and blasted her at different angles.

Starswirl then grabbed Adagio with his magic again, with all the ponies helping this time around as all the negative magic started leaving her body and like her allies, reverted to a pony form.

Doing so finally broke the spell the Sirens have cast across Ponyville, everypony reverting back to normal, including the foals and Starlight's friends.

"Uh, what happened?" Apple Bloom asked, holding an apple.

Party Favor was standing there, having been plastered with apples, one stuck in his horn. "Wow, you foals are pretty aggressive."

Sugar Belle wasn't too far away, hugging and kissing Tender Taps through her apologies, "I'm so sorry I scared you like that, I don't know what came over me!"

"It's fine, really," Tender Taps said, blushing from the affection he was receiving.

Thunderlane had exited Twilight's castle, still kind of dizzy from having been buck kicked in the head, "I have the biggest headache right now."

Back with the Sirens, all three were down on the ground, a spell cast over then to prevent them from moving.

"Alright, now that we've detained them, maybe they'll be more cooperative," Twilight said.

"We still haven't completely won," Starswirl said. "We need to find the Changeling Queen."

"We left Chrysalis back on Sweet Apple Acres, Night Glider and Double Diamond were trying to fend her off while we went for help," Starlight explained.

"They didn't do such a great job," Chrysalis said, arriving while levitating and unconscious Night Glider, Double Diamond and Big Macintosh.

"Chrysalis! What have you done!?" Sunset asked.

"Nothing much, just overpowered them, kind of like this," Chrysalis quickly charged some magic and blasted Sonambula back, the mare hitting a wall pretty hard.

"Sonambula!" Meadowbrook said, rushing over to check on her friend.

Adagio looked up and saw her comrade, "Hey Chrissy, we're kind of in a tight spot."

"I thought you had this under control?" Chrysalis asked.

"Well things kind of went south so..." Adagio tried explaining.

"I'll deal with you momentarily, for now allow me to do what you couldn't do," Chrysalis said as she tossed the ponies aside.

Twilight stepped foward, "We really don't wanna have to fight you Chrysalis, last chance to call off your Changelings, or better yet, allow yourselves to go through Metamorphises. Thorax has been so happy since he transformed, you can be too."

"Even his brother Pharnyx saw the bright side to the change," Starlight said.

"Huh, didn't expect Pharnyx to give in, guess even he could be broken," Chrysalis said. "Not me, I'll never give in to your precious ideology!"

"You really think you can defeat all of us?" Sunset asked. "You're outnumbered and outmatched." Sunset charged up some magic, "And in just a few moments, you'll be nothing!"

Before she could attack, the skies began to darken a little, much to their confusion. "What's going on?" Twilight asked.

"Looks like the King is finally coming to join us," Chrysalis said as clouds approached the village.

"King Sombra's coming!" Sunburst said. "I almost forgot about him!"

"When this is over, you ponies will be no more, and we'll finally have our Equestria Reborn plan come to fruition!" Chrysalis said with a menacing laughter.

Sombra's cloud formed over Ponyville as he glared down at the ponies below, "You should have run while you were able to, Princess Twilight." He looked around, noticing something new. "Ah, Starswirl the Bearded, it's an honor to meet such a legendary pony."

"King Sombra..." Starswirl said. "I've heard talk of you, I know what you did to The Crystal Empire, you should be ashamed of yourself."

"I've never been ashamed of anything, not what I've done to the empire, and certainly not what I'm about to do to you," Sombra said.

"What are you talking-" Suddenly Starswirl felt the magic being drained from him by Sombra.

"No! Starswirl!" Twilight shouted and quickly blasted the cloud of Sombra, though by this point, the evil King had taken enough magic that the blast did little to stop him. Sombra started to transform again, this time taking his original pony shape.

"I have my body back, but I'm not done with your power. If you won't comply, then I'll just do away with you and take your magic from your lifeless bodies!" Sombra's horn glowed as the entire village was surrounded by dark crystals, several homes pierced by them as well.

Just outside, Sugar Belle and Tender Taps watched in complete shock as the town was completely surrounded.

"That's not good," Sugar Belle said.

"Twilight..." Tender Taps said, getting teary eyed out of the worry for the mare he admires so much. "Please, make it through this."


From the distance, Rumble and Flurry could see Sombra's magic, needless to say, it was a bit frightening for them.

"Our friends are all in danger," Rumble said. "Ugh, if only I could help."

"Mama, dada..." Flurry said, then started flying up.

"H-hey! Flurry, don't just fly off!" Rumble said as the little filly began to fly out of his reach.

"Help mama, help dada, help auntie Twilight," Flurry said as she was about to fly off.

"Wait, Flurry, I know you're worried but-" Rumble felt himself getting grabbed with her magic as she lifted him beside her, the young Princess flying fast as she could to Ponyville. "They're gonna be so mad at me."