• Published 23rd May 2018
  • 663 Views, 18 Comments

The Pretty Pink Offer - Glitzy Glow



Twilight cant find a job, until her nemesis offers her a place at her dads music store.

  • ...
1
 18
 663

Chapter 2

“So, have you found one yet?” asked my older brother Shining Armor. I lived with him since our parents passed away a few years ago.

“Nope.” I said. Nothing is working for me. Rarity works at her boutique, Sunset works at an art store in the mall, but what about me? “Not even the local library has openings!”

“Harsh,” Shining Armor said as he sat down. “You could always ask your friends at school if they know any place around here that has openings.”

“What friends? I already asked Rarity and Sunset Shimmer, and they said they would look around to see if there is any place in that mall they work at.”

“What about Sentry? That boy you and the girls are always talking about? Have you asked him?” asked Shining Armor.

“You mean Flash? Yeah right. We are not friends, and I doubt we ever will be. Super popular and invisible do not go together. And we do not ‘always’ talk about him.” I said, turning to look at him

“Whatever you say, Miss know-it-all,” Shining Armor said. “but if you ever plan on having a social life, or getting a job, then your gonna have to talk to people eventually.”

“Well, I don’t ever plan on having a social life so, no, I won’t.”

“Yes, you will, because you need a job, and jobs require being social.”

Ugh. He had a point. I guess I could ask Flash. Or casually bring it up. Somehow. I’m not very good at actually having a conversation or socializing with people. I can always just ask Sunset or Rarity to ask him or other people. We’ll see.

******

The next morning at Sugar Cube Corner, our favorite hangout spot on a Saturday, Rarity and Sunset Shimmer said that they would both ask around for anything available, but they told me that I should ask Flash myself.

“You’re going to have to talk to him sooner or later Twi, even if it doesn’t get you anywhere” said Sunset.

“It’s not going to get me anywhere.” I said bitterly.

“Oh, you mustn’t have such little faith in yourself, dear. You may be a little peculiar, but you are very smart and very pretty. Flash won’t be able to resist a girl like you forever.” Rarity told me.

I wish. Flash will be able to resist me forever because there is nothing to resist. I’m a nobody, and he is a somebody. It’s a simple fact. I thought this as I got up to get my drink. I paid for it and when I turn around, what do you know, there’s Flash Sentry. Remember how I said I have a thing for bumping into him at the oddest moments? This is one of those times, except 10 times worse. As I collided into Flash my drink spilled all over his shirt and jacket. I was so embarrassed. He seemed pretty shocked at first, but as he looked at me, his expression changed from shock to his regular charming smile.

“We have to stop bumping into each other like this.” He said.

I turned red. He smiled at me anyway and bent to pick up my cup off the floor. He handed it to me as I thanked him and apologized for the drink.

“A little stain never killed anyone. That’s why they invented washing machines right?” He said smiling.

I nodded and then walked away as he paid for his drink. When I reached the table, I sat down and covered my face with my hands. “That was so humiliating! I do something dumb every single time he’s around!”

“He doesn’t seem to mind. It looks to me like skater boy likes you.” Sunset Shimmer said smiling at me.

“No, he does not.” I told her.

“Then why on earth does he smile every time your around? Any other person would be at least a bit upset for spilling something on their lovely wardrobe.” Rarity continued.

“He’s just a nice person, that’s all. He’s not stuck up like everyone else at Canterlot High.”

“Whatever you say.” Rarity and Sunset replied together, smiling at each other. I turned around and watched as Flash made his way to a table near the front of the store where his friends were waiting. Then, what do you know, guess who else showed up? Two words: Poppy. Loveheart. My bad day just got worse.