• Published 28th May 2018
  • 1,685 Views, 24 Comments

Puerto Caballo - BrilliantCreativity



Realizing she could use a relaxing trip, Fluttershy goes to Puerto Caballo with her good pal, the Lord of Chaos.

  • ...
1
 24
 1,685

Welcome to Puerto Caballo

Author's Note:

I'm sorry I haven't updated this for a bit but I was just very busy with final projects and school ending. I hope you enjoy!! If you have any questions, comments or helpful criticism please comment below, thank you. :pinkiehappy:

Discord yawned as he and Fluttershy made their way towards the Train Stop. It was quite early in the morning, too early for Discord's liking anyway. The birds were chirping and all was well.
When they had gotten to the platform, there were very few ponies around them, some of which were giving Discord odd glances.

When the train pulled in, Fluttershy smiled cheerfully and made her way easily through the door while Discord had to duck. The two of them sat next to each other and put their luggage overhead. They talked through most of the ride and would occasionally stop to snack, but when the hours dragged on Fluttershy felt herself grow tired as she eventually fell asleep on Discord's eagle arm. Discord laughed as he made her slowly increasing drool disappear, until he too fell asleep with his head on top of hers.
The both of them awoke, jolting upwards, to the train whistle blowing loudly. Fluttershy quickly flew up and grabbed her luggage while Discord just made his appear in his hand. The two of them had argued over why Discord had actually needed to bring a suitcase in the first place. He simply stated that it was for comedic affect and propaganda as well as style. Fluttershy had just laughed.

When the two of them exited the train, the air and temperature around them was quite hot and humid. Discord looked proudly towards the area on his right as he fashioned his paw and claw on his hips while levitating his suitcase. Suddenly, a beige sunhat with a pink ribbon and flower appeared atop Fluttershy's head. She looked up towards her draconequus friend.

"Ah, Puerto Caballo. My dear, this will be a trip you shall not soon forget, which means you cannot burn yourself through the first day. No, no. Not on Discord's watch," he said defiantly. Fluttershy giggled and tipped her hat towards him. Her vision was somewhat obscured but from the length of sight she had, she noticed the smile on Discord's face.

"Now. Onwards and upwards!" he shouted. Fluttershy rolled her eyes with a grin and followed Discord with her suitcase being held by her mouth, until Discord began to levitate it as well.

The weather was perfect: blue skies, warm and humid air and a cool breeze that swept past the palm trees. The scenery was made up of white sand that felt like powdered sugar according to Discord. Nearly everywhere you looked there was somepony selling something interesting like jewelry or experiences such as sailing, scuba diving and much more. There were many taco places and a very strong smell of sea salt from the ocean mixed with salsa and guacamole, which oddly enough smelt pretty good.

Fluttershy loved it. "Thank you for mentioning this place to me Discord, it's lovely," she said, taking in the relief of not having to worry about what Angel was up to.

"No problemo Ms. Shy, after all it was you who invited me on this little endeavor was it not?" he replied, not expecting an answer. "Yes, yes it was. And I'm glad I did, this probably would've been no fun without you. I owe you this at least Discord, for everything you've done for me and my friends. It's no trouble. No trouble at all."

Discord made a clicking sound with his mouth and nodded for a reason he didn't know why.
When he and Fluttershy made their way to the nearest hotel there was a light blue unicorn behind the desk with dark red hair that was tied up in a messy bun. She had a name tag that read Sandy Bloom. She looked up towards the pair with a confused look on her face.

"Hello, how are you this evening?" Fluttershy asked as a common courtesy. "I-I'm doing quite well, a-and you?" she replied, still clearly confused. "I'm doing very well myself, thank you. My name is Fluttershy and this is my friend Discord an-"

"Wait! You're Fluttershy? As in savour of all Equestria Fluttershy? As in reformer of the Lord of Chaos Fluttershy? Oh my god, oh my god, oh my go-"

"Yes, yes. We're all aware that Fluttershy is a little superstar and what not but I, Discord Lord/King of all things Chaos, would like to settle down, get a room and jump in the water with my rubber ducky. Kapeesh?" he interrupted. Fluttershy rolled her eyes once again and laughed. "Please excuse him, he's still new to manners and greetings and things," Fluttershy noted, giving Discord a look that meant, Aren't you?

Discord just grumbled and folded his arms while he turned his gaze to one of the many windows. Fluttershy looked back to Sandy Bloom, "So do you have any two bedroom rooms available?"

There were a few clicks made on Sand'y keyboard as she searched the system before biting her lip and giving out a sigh. "I'm dreadfully sorry, but it seems that this hotel currently only has single bedrooms available," she said. Fluttershy looked towards Discord who was still currently distracted. She bit the inside of her cheek and thought for a moment. It wouldn't be too weird would it? I mean you too have slept in the same room before right? She thought, but then there was a second voice in the back of her head. Yeah but not in the same bed

Fluttershy exhaled, not noticing that she had been holding her breath. "Do the rooms have a couch?" she suggested. Sandy seemed to think for a moment as well. "Yes, yes they do. Why? Is one bedroom gonna be a problem for you two? Because, you know, since you're a bearer of the Elements of Harmony I'm sure we could find someth-"

"No, no, no. I'm sure it'll be fine. We'll just take a regular room," she smiled. It'll be fine, Discord could always materialize a bed, right? Sandy nodded her head and grabbed one of the keys hanging behind her on a wall.

"Here are the keys to room 174," she said, holding out the set of two keys. Fluttershy nodded and said a quick thank you before grabbing Discord and heading towards the hallway behind them. She looked around for something but she wasn't sure what. To her right there was a small metal wall, but she couldn't figure out why it was there. Discord gave her a confused look as he simply just walked up to the elevator.

As Discord pushed the button to go upwards, Fluttershy's eyes lit up as the button did so. "Why did it glow? Is it magic?" she asked. Discord gave a light laugh as he looked towards his friend. Discord had forgotten that Fluttershy had always lived near and in Ponyville, while only having the occasional visit to the big cities. "You see my dear, this is called an elevator button, and its purpose is to activate the elevator behind these steel walls," he explained. Fluttershy eyed the, so called, elevator doors with curiosity.

Soon enough a ding sound could be heard and Discord watched in light hysterics as Fluttershy made a swift jump at the noise. The doors opened and Fluttershy took a cautious step back. Discord playfully rolled his eyes and picked Fluttershy up by her waist, thus stepping into the metal box and putting her down inside of it.

The doors closed and Fluttershy was worried for a second, until she saw the calm look on Discord's face. She gave out a small sigh and smiled as the elevator slowly went upwards.