• Published 22nd Jun 2018
  • 5,862 Views, 211 Comments

Alternate Beginnings: Year Two - Doug Graves



The mares of Herd Apple celebrate the birth of Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo and adjust to their life as dams in a town that isn't happy with their choice of stallion - the lone human in Equestria.

  • ...
13
 211
 5,862

12 Report to Celestia

To Princess Celestia, May Her Sun Shine as Long as She Deems Necessary,
and To Princess Cadance, May Her Heart Give Joy Generously,
and To Whom It May Concern,

Routing: Princess Celestia

Regarding Her Highness' Inquiry about the creature known as Doug Graves Apple, currently residing at Sweet Apple Acres, Ponyville, sire of Herd Apple:

Summary:
Agent redacted was able to make contact with Doug Graves Apple (Doug), three of the four mares in his herd - Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash, as well as prospective member Pinkie Pie. In Agent redacted's opinion, Doug is not a monster, though further monitoring may be necessary for the second half of your inquiry. Regarding the second inquiry: there are no plans this year to have another foal. Three of the mares in question - Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie - are interested in having a foal, but there are no current plans for the coming heat. Pinkie Pie is an uncertainty; she may conceive this year if things go very well in her endeavors.

Full Report

Agent redacted made contact with Doug Graves Apple (Appendix A, page 1), the human stallion of Herd Apple (Appendix A, page 7), on February 17th, 994 Domina Solaria, at the Spring Celebration in Ponyville. Further contact with the mare Pinkie Pie (Appendix A, page 8) revealed that the celebration, a first in Ponyville, was originally slated to celebrate the anniversary of Doug's arrival to Equestria and subsequent herding with Applejack (Appendix A, page 2) that day (!). The celebration proceeded normally, with no altercations or abnormalites (outside of Pinkie Pie, situation previously documented and under review). Doug manned (his word, as a shorthoof for his species, specifically man for stallion) the grill and stayed at that post for the duration of his stay at the party.

A full transcript of each conversation is included in Appendix B.

Agent redacted first talked with Applejack as she was setting up the grill and during the short time she worked there. She freely talked about Doug, though was a little defensive at the mention that she started a herd with Doug the day she met him; she was also curious how Agent redacted came upon this knowledge. She remained suspicious through the rest of their time together, becoming more defensive in her answers. Overall, she showed no signs of remorse, abuse, or mental control. She appeared happy with her relationship with Doug and the other mares in Herd Apple, though her mention of Rarity (Appendix A, page 3) was slightly strained.

Agent redacted next met Rainbow Dash (Appendix A, page 4) and Doug when the two arrived at the party. Her conversation with Doug had a few peculiarities: initially, he noticed Agent redacted but made no attempt to engage her in conversation or greeting until she had greeted him. After her greeting he was amiable, talking about anything she chose but taking the conversation to no new topics. Agent redacted later learned this is due to a restriction Spoiled Rich (Appendix A, page 9) had instated on him for unknown reasons.

No magical resonations were observed exuding from Doug, in his vicinity, or between him and the mares in Herd Apple. Curiously, no magical signature was observed coming from Doug (editor's note - also observed and documented by Dr. G. Horse, his collection of notes in Appendix C) though the scans were not exhaustive. No undue influence or control was noted. His method of arrival to Equestria, as he is not native to this world, is also unknown and was not mentioned.

Rainbow Dash arrived with Doug; her interactions with Agent redacted were curt and restricted only to direct questions aimed at her. She seemed deferential towards Doug and alert towards any pony that approached, almost as if she was there as a guard. Rainbow Dash's interactions with Spoiled Rich were noted to be forced but cordial. To the extent Agent redacted was able to ascertain, Rainbow Dash is happy with her current arrangement with Doug but somewhat resentful about the current situation with Spoiled Rich.

Pinkie Pie was present at the party for the duration, but her first interaction with Agent redacted was when Spoiled Rich arrived. Doug initiated a greeting with Pinkie Pie, unlike every other pony at the party aside from Rarity. She was her 'normal' self, if a little subdued compared to her normal party actions if the other Ponyvillians can be believed.

Pinkie Pie expressed interest in joining Doug's herd but was guarded as to the details. She admitted to not having gone on a date but expressed hope that their upcoming date would go well. She was unclear on how soon they would engage in amorous activities; she believes it will not be in time for a foal this year but was open to the opportunity if it arises. Further observation will be required; a quick response team may be deemed necessary.

Rarity arrived approximately an hour after Doug arrived. She was easy-going, engaging Agent redacted in all manner of conversation topics. She expressed the most interest or excitement of the mares in Herd Apple as to being with Doug, both physically and relation-ally. While she was somewhat reticent to engage in conversation of that matter with a filly, Agent redacted feels she would be the most likely of the five (six?) to discuss their upcoming plans as well as what potential arrangements may be made. Her description of Doug matched that of the other mares, though she had a more negative opinion of his sense of humor than the others.

Fluttershy (Appendix A, page 5) was not observed at the party. This is consistent with her normal behavior, the mare being exceptionally shy and agoraphobic. Agent redacted was informed, when she inquired about Fluttershy, that she was at home, taking care of the foals (Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Appendix A, Page 6). Second hoof reports indicate that Fluttershy will not foal this year. The condition of the foals was also a somewhat guarded topic, though more an emotional one than secretive. (Editor's note - more information in Appendix C)

When the party finished Doug did not assist with the cleanup of the main area. His focus remained on the grill, packing it into the appropriate cart and dragging it towards Sweet Apple Acres. Doug was not observed returning to the party for later cleanup.

In regards to your second inquiry, Agent redacted was not provided with the details but instead told to gain a general knowledge of their plans for foals in the future. As this is a sensitive issue, further discussion will not take place here but I am of the opinion that they, including Applejack, will at the very least be willing to discuss redacted redacted, especially if the timeline of Rainbow and Rarity's entrance to the herd can be believed.

Best of luck in your endeavors,
Lieutenant Shining Armor

Briefing declassified by Lieutenant Shining Armor under The Sun Shines on All of Us Act