• Published 27th Apr 2018
  • 599 Views, 47 Comments

A Discordant Reality - The-Third



Discord decides to Host a Reality TV show filled with characters from all across the Equestria(s)

  • ...
3
 47
 599

Chapter 2.5 in the Gardens

It was a calm morning in the castle gardens, and the majority of the contestants were having a nice picnic. It seemed as though Discord was not going to bother them today, and they could get some well needed rest. The main topic for everyone at the moment was who was going to go, Applejack or Rarity. As always, it was basically down to the luck of the draw, and Applejack seemed to be at Rarity's throat being overly competitive as ever. Everyone else seemed relaxed, though it was exciting to see who would be going. When they would find out was the only question left.

It seemed that they wouldn't have to wait that long, as Discord and Pinkie both appeared in front of them, shooting down any thoughts of a calm day of rejuvenation. The two did the same spiel as always, welcoming the viewers to the show.

"Today we are going to be sending one of the two ponies packing back to the farm, or back to their shop." Pinkie explained to the audience "It's always sad to see them go, but hay, that's how the cookie crumbles!"

"Here I have the envelope that will reveal who will be heading home, will it be Applejack or Rarity, who will be hearing to no end how their little sister survived longer on this show than they did, who will be an embarrassment to their entire family lineage. Who will fall into the weeping depths of desp-"

"Discord! Stop being so dramatic and get on with it!" Rainbow groaned.

"Uh, yes, anyways the one heading home will be . . ." He ripped it open and out popped bubbles, surrounding the draconequus. "Oops, I grabbed the wrong one" he pulled out another one and continued

"Now, this is the letter that will reveal who will be heading home, will it be Applejack or Rarity, This will reveal who will be hearing to no end how their little sister surviv-"

"DISCORD!" Most of the contestants yelled at him.

"Fine! Such killjoys, I'm telling you, anyways" he unenthusiastically opened the envelope "It's Rarity I guess"

"Yee-haw!" Applejack exclaimed,

Rarity seemed to take it well though, seemingly out of character, she simply exited the garden, and was never seen again on the set.


"Now it is time for the challenge fo-" Discord was interrupted by Pinkie pulling his ear down to her and whispering something. "Alright ponies, change of plans, turns out the higher ups hate fun and want you to 'relax' this week so they can have ponies get to know you guys. I don't know why, everyone knows most of you" he pouts. "Anyways ta ta!" he disappears, leaving only a pile of confetti in his and Pinkie's place.

"Why is he like that?" Trixie asked

"I don't know, because he can" Twilight replied "Now if I can get back to my conversation without being interrupted by a god of chaos, or a sideshow cheapskate, I could learn how alternate realities might work" Twilight was talking of the conversation she had struck up with Alex, the odd one out of the group, so to say. He had come from a completely different world, in more ways than one.

"What was it you wanted to ask me Twilight?" Alex asked, calling her out from her thoughts.

"Oh, sorry, I was wondering what your world is like."

"It's different, that's for sure. Not even getting into the details. Rainbow and I are in a relationship, Spike's a pony, and I was turned to stone for . . " He thought for a moment "I honestly don't remember, it was a while, Discord did it to me, so you can probably guess why I'm not the friendliest with him right now."

"That does sound quite different, if you don't mind me asking, why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, how come all of this happened in your world but not ours, and where are you in our world if all of our friends are in yours."

"You remember Canterlot High right?" he asked, seemingly going off the record of the conversation.

"Yes, why?"

"Well, maybe there are more than two worlds" he replied

"That's way to vague"

"Well it's all your getting" Alex smirked

"What! No! Please, I need to know about this, I could pay you, what do you want, bits? Do you want me to help you cheat in thi-" Twilight was shushed by a hoof being placed on her mouth by Trixie.

"Trixie does not like to hear people beg"

"Well, Trixie, Twilight doesn't like ponies' hooves being shoved in her mouth"

"Are you mocking the way Trixie talks?"

"Maybe I am, why?"

"Well as the Princess of Friendship, maybe you should know that that is quite rude and that mocking people is wrong"

Alex thought this would be a good time to leave the situation


Scootaloo was having the time of her life, she and the other crusaders were all flying around, with their new wings, and were playing Laser Tag, with actual horn lasers! Everyone else seemed to be in the gardens for one reason or another.

"Gotcha!" Apple Bloom yelled as Scootaloo felt something hit her back.

"Hey, I wasn't looking, fine, I'm it, but I will get revenge"

The flying continued for hours, only stopping so Sweetie Belle could use the bathroom. All of the CMC loved it, but Scootaloo also found it kind of sad. One day,she would be going home, and she would lose these good wings, and the horn altogether, and just be regular, boring, Pegasus Scootaloo. She needed to make this last as long as possible. She needed to win this

Author's Note:

After a Hiatus, we are back! Sorry for even more delay, I was sick over the weekend and into Monday, it would of been up than but I just couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed.

This was obviously a slice of life episode, thus the half a chapter, this will be where we find out what life is like during the competition, as well as sending home our voted off contestant. This specific chapter I tried to have a bit more fun with Discord, because I feel like he's been a bit lackluster in this story, and of course there is more Twilight/Trixie drama. No wonder Discord put them in the same room.

Another quick thing, Alex, the OC and a bit of an odd one out in this group, has a super long backstory that I have no way of giving respect in a story like this so the original story he appears in can be found here.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/22486/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-off-the-record

Just a quick note! it's this stories year anniversary (and a bit), so :yay: