• Published 27th Jul 2012
  • 2,875 Views, 267 Comments

New Perspective - Arbiter Balemead



High school sucks. Especially if you're a fillyfooler. But hey, life afterwords can be great!

  • ...
7
 267
 2,875

...And the Morning After

I woke up the next morning with my face only a few inches from hers. I smiled gently, watching and listening to her soft snoring. She always looked more peaceful when she was asleep. She also looked adorable when she was asleep, too. I mean, she was always beautiful in her own sort of way, but she has this odd look about her when she was asleep. The way she smiled lightly, and the way her nose twitched occasionally...

Adorable.

I leaned my head forward and kissed her nose gently. Her eyes fluttered open slowly, and she smiled when she saw me. I felt something move up around me and pull my head forward, and next thing I knew, our lips were locked in a pleasant 'good morning' kiss. After a moment she pulled away a few inches so that I could see her eyes.

"Hey you." She said as she grinned at me.

"Hi." I replied, smiling brightly back at her. Her grin broadened as she rolled on top of me and started giving me random pecks on the cheeks eliciting a few giggles from me.

"Heh. How was your night?" She asked me, pulling her face from mine.

"Oh... I don't know." I said as I put on a thoughtful face, causing her grin to fade a bit. Catching her off-guard, I put a hoof against her neck and rolled us so that I was on top now. "Wonderful." I said, grinning down at her. Her smile came back as she waited patiently for me to make a move.

I didn't keep her waiting. I lowered my head and pressed my lips against hers with as much passion as I could, and for a moment I thought we were going to repeat last night this morning...

*knock knock* I guess not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She pulled away and looked over at the door. "Hello?" She called.

"Hello, Fluttershy, sweetie." I watched as Fluttershy's blush instantly paled. I recognized the voice too, and I'm sure my face looked a little pale, too.

Shy glanced down at me worriedly and I tried to put on a reassuring smile, but, judging by her still-worried expression, I'm pretty sure it didn't work. She got up and walked over to the door, glancing at me, then in the mirror. She grabbed a brush and ran it through her mane quickly.

"Fluttershy?" The pony at the door called again.

"O-oh! Coming!" She answered before tossing me the brush and walking over to the door. She took a deep breath and opened the door.

"H-Hi, mom." She said quietly.

"Hello, sweetie."