• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 864 Views, 60 Comments

The Tale of Two Pegasi - PvtFlutters



A favor for Rarity turns into a fight for survival for Fluttershy.

  • ...
1
 60
 864

Chapter 4

It was cold. About 50 degrees. Fluttershy awoke to find herself in a bush.

"Where am I?" Fluttershy thought to herself. She looked around and saw that she was in a wooded area. Leaves fell from the trees and one hit her hoof. She examined it but stopped when she saw her hoof. It was bleeding. She must have scraped it when she went through the portal.... the portal! It was gone! She stood and looked around.

She was alone. No friends. No Angel. Not even any woodland creatures. She curled up into a ball and began to cry. She wondered if she'd ever see her friends again. She wondered if she'd ever see a pony again! This was the human world. She didn't belong here. Finally something came. She heard it rustling in the nearby pile of leaves. It was a snake. Fluttershy's tears stopped for a moment. At least the human world had some animals...even if they were snakes.

She reached out with her good hoof and just as she was about to pet it, the snake bit her.
Fluttershy let out a scream and the snake slithered away. She began to cry even more. She wanted to go home. That's all she wanted was to go home. Minutes passed like seconds and Fluttershy began to hear voices in the distance. They were speaking in some sort of strange language. She quickly jumped into the bush. The voices got louder until she could see their source. They were dressed in olive green uniforms and wore black, rather heavy looking, boots. They also wore ski masks over their faces. Finally they both had identical hats. Fluttershy had seen hats that were sort of like this in Ponyville. Rarity had called them "Ushankas." These were different, though-they both had a red star pinned to the front.

They spoke again in their language. Fluttershy didn't know if she was hidden very well. She was, after all, bright yellow. The two humans looked around the area. Were they looking for her? No, that's impossible. No one knew she was here. The two humans looked around some more until one pointed at something, and they both walked closer to another bush, east of Fluttershy. As they got closer, another human sprang up from the bush; he was so fast that Fluttershy couldn't see what was happening. She closed her eyes and moved back further into the bush. She heard yelling in that language and then... nothing. She opened her eyes to find that the two humans from before were on the ground, they had been knocked out. The last man crouched down and produced a device from his side. Like a phone or something, the device lit up. He studied it for some time. Fluttershy pushed a few branches of the bush out of the way to get a better look.

This was a bad idea. One of the branches broke and the man quickly brought his line of sight to her. She moved back further into the bush and hoped that he wouldn't check it out. She was wrong. The man placed the device back on his side and got into standing position. He slowly crept over to Fluttershy's bush.

"What am I going to do?" she thought to herself. She looked at the man again and saw that he had a sickeningly sharp knife. Fluttershy was trapped. The man was inches away. He lowered his hand to the bush and pulled the branches away.

Fluttershy was curled in a ball, shivering. The man looked at her and his jaw dropped. He put the knife away and looked at Fluttershy for a good 30 seconds before he finally backed away. The man was shocked-he had no idea what kind of animal this was. He placed his fingers on his ear and began to speak.

"This is Sigma, Alpha are you there?" the man said. Fluttershy was shocked. This human spoke the same language as she did. She poked her head out of the bottom of the bush and looked at him again. "Alpha, I've encountered... some sort of strange animal," he said. He must have been talking on a radio of some kind. "It's bright yellow, with pink hair. Can I get some information on this thing?" Fluttershy slowly walked out of the bush. This was her chance to get away.

"Where are you off to?" the man said to her. She froze and slowly turned around. He was standing again and looking directly at her. Fluttershy was stunned; she wasn't going to get away now. It was over.

"Please... just let me go," Fluttershy pleaded. The words took the man by surprise.

"You... did you just...." the man began but couldn't finish.

"I just want to get out of here," Fluttershy replied.

"No... I'm going crazy... you're not real," the man said to himself. Then he closed his eyes for a few moments and reopened them again. "You are real." Fluttershy began to slowly walk backwards. The man began to rub his face with both hands. His mind was in shambles. Had he ate some sort of strange fungi out here? Was he hallucinating from it?

"This is all a dream! That's what it is!" he said to himself. Fluttershy stopped backing away. She could tell this human was just as scared of her as she was of him. She had cared for many animals, and humans couldn't be that different...could they? She walked closer to the man until she was about a foot away.

"Um... are you ok?" she asked. The man looked at her. She smiled at him.

"What are you?" he asked.