• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 864 Views, 60 Comments

The Tale of Two Pegasi - PvtFlutters



A favor for Rarity turns into a fight for survival for Fluttershy.

  • ...
1
 60
 864

Chapter 12

Fluttershy stood outside 'the room'. She didn't want to go inside... but she knew she had to. Every second she spent out here was another Sigma would be tortured. Not only that, but Alpha was in there too! Now Fluttershy had to save two people.

Her hooves were shaking. Could she pull this off? Even if she went in, what would she do? Fight the man in black and save Sigma and Alpha... No. It was hopeless. At that moment, Angel hopped down from her back and looked her in the eyes.

"I know this is the reason I came here," Fluttershy said. "But what am I supposed to do?" Angel put his paw on his chin and considered their options, which, admittedly, were limited. Suddenly, Fluttershy and Angel heard sounds from the other side of the door. Fluttershy pressed an ear against it to hear what was happening. Angel tapped her on the hoof. She looked at him to find that he was pointing at a small space between the bottom of the door and the floor.
Fluttershy got down on the floor and looked under the door. What she saw was horrifying. She could see Sigma... if only just. He was handcuffed to a chain on the ceiling. The man in black was in front of Sigma, smiling.

"The silence will get you nowhere," the man in black said. "Just tell me how much they know and I won't harm you." He then turned to Alpha, who was tied up in a chair bolted to the ground. "Or further harm your partner," he finished. Sigma was silent. Fluttershy finally got a look at Sigma's face, which was no longer covered by the bag from before. He was bleeding from the mouth and nose, and obviously in serious pain.

The man in black shook his head. "Have it your way then," he stated, and walked over to a desk. He picked up some sort of stick from the desk- a stun rod. "You have one last chance," he warned. In her mind, Fluttershy was begging Sigma to talk, but he didn't say a word. The man in black shrugged and hit Sigma in the side with the stun rod, making electricity surge through him. He tried to move away but he was restrained and helpless to the torture. Sigma screamed in pain. Fluttershy nearly screamed herself but quickly turned away and put both hooves over her mouth. The man in black removed the stun rod and looked Sigma in the eyes.

"You know... most of my employees ask how I stay sane with all the interrogations I've done and all, and you know what? At first, these things kept me up at night. I thought I'd go crazy! Then, one day, I found out one of my own was leaking information. So I invited him into my office. I offered him some... special coffee, he drank it, and he... fell asleep! Rather fast too!" the man in black said with a grin. "He woke up in here. Chained up, just... like... you. Of course, he was different. He quickly admitted to what he had done and asked for forgiveness. What a coward! Unlike you," he laughed. "No... he was nothing like you. This man was a coward, and even after I smashed all his toes with a sledgehammer, he begged for forgiveness. He never faced his death with pride. I had a fantastic two hours with him, until he finally died of blood loss.

Fluttershy felt sick. Images of this torture rolled through her mind. She tried her best to block out the images but it was no use. She swallowed hard and tried her best to keep from vomiting. The man in black set the stun rod down on the desk and turned to Sigma.
"You're very special, you know that? You're the first prisoner I'm going to test psychological torture on," he said, turning to Alpha. Sigma didn't like this. He was trained to resist interrogation, but not in this way. The man in black picked up a knife from his desk and walked closer to Alpha. He placed the knife on her throat. "You have two options: Either you tell me how much your organization knows, OR I kill your partner and we pick up where we left off tomorrow," he stated with a sinister grin. Sigma turned to Alpha, and she looked at him. She showed no fear. They didn't have to say anything; they both knew what the mission entailed when they signed up for it. Alpha gave one last smile as the man in black repositioned his knife and quickly slit her throat, killing her. Sigma didn't watch, he just kept his eyes shut tight.

Fluttershy gasped and ran away from the door. The man in black turned to Sigma.
"Such a waste... all because of you," he said, pointing the blood-drenched knife at Sigma. He then pushed a button on the wall and talked into it with a serious tone: "I'm done for now. Take the prisoner to his cell."

Moments later, guards opened the door and unchained Sigma from the ceiling while leaving his handcuffs on. They dragged him out of the room and into a nearby cell. Sigma walked in without resisting. What was the point? He wasn't going anywhere. He sat down in the darkest corner of his cell. The man in black stepped out of the interrogation room and looked into Sigma's cell.

"You should have given me the information... was that so hard?" he asked Sigma. Sigma didn't respond. The man in black walked with the two guards out of the prison and left Sigma alone. He placed a hand on his face.

"I should have told them!" he thought to himself. He slammed his fist into the ground. It was too late. Fluttershy watched silently in the cell across from Sigma. She got up and squeezed through the bars. Sigma looked up and saw her in the dim light of the prison.

"Fluttershy?" he asked. Fluttershy didn't respond. She squeezed through the bars of Sigma's cell and hugged him.

"I'm... sorry," she told him. Sigma was a bit confused, but then he realized that she must have been outside the room the whole time. He looked at Fluttershy, who had a tear running down her cheek.

"You must have been really strong to have made it this far... keep it up," he told her as he cleared her tear away. Fluttershy smiled. Sigma hadn't given up, even after losing someone dear to him. Angel hopped over to Sigma and held up the key they had found in Alpha's cell.

"What's this?" Sigma asked.

"Alpha left it for us," Fluttershy explained. Sigma examined the key. He recognized it from when he was caught. It was the key they used to lock his handcuffs. He signaled to Angel to unlock him. The key worked.

"What now?" Fluttershy asked. Sigma looked at her.

"We escape," he told her.