• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 864 Views, 60 Comments

The Tale of Two Pegasi - PvtFlutters



A favor for Rarity turns into a fight for survival for Fluttershy.

  • ...
1
 60
 864

Chapter 1 (Prologue)

Sweetie Belle watched as her sister trotted back and forth from one side of her messy creation room. It would take Sweetie hours to clean this mess up. Papers lay crumpled up in the trash can beside Rarity's desk. The trash was overflowing with sketches of dress designs that weren't perfect, Rarity being, after all, a perfectionist. Sweat ran down Rarity's forehead, and as she gently used her magic to pick up a cloth to clean the sweat, she noticed her sister standing in the door.

"Hello Sweetie Belle," Rarity said.

"You really should stop taking on so many orders all the time, sis," Sweetie replied.

"I... I suppose your're right," Rarity sighed. "This is the biggest order I've ever had to fill, and not only am I running short on time and have only a few dresses finished, but I'm also running out of materials too!" Sweetie looked around at the creation room.

"Maybe I could help!" Sweetie beamed.

"I couldn't possibly ask such a thing of my little sister. Besides, this is my problem and I'll handle it," Rarity said with a smile. Sweetie looked at her sister unimpressed.

"Just promise me you'll go to bed, sis. It's pretty late after all and you've been working a long time," Sweetie suggested. Rarity looked at Sweetie puzzled. She then turned to the digital clock sitting on her desk.

"It's only 1:30, I've got plenty of time," Rarity said.

"1:30 AM, Rarity!" Sweetie replied, pointing a hoof at the clock. Rarity glanced over at it again. Indeed it was that late. "Maybe if you weren't so tired you could focus enough to see it," Sweetie said.

"Oh... look at that. You're right!" Rarity said with a grin. Then her horn began to glow a bright blue.

"What are you doing?" Sweetie asked.

"You should have been in bed hours ago," Rarity said with a smile. Sweetie Belle began to levitate off the ground and out of the creation room.

"Hey! No fair! Put me down!" Sweetie demanded. Rarity didn't listen, she simply walked out of the hall and trotted to Sweetie's room with her sister levitating right above her the whole way. "Rarity!" Sweetie yelled, with a squeaky voice. Rarity giggled as she levitated Sweetie down to the bed and tucked her in. As soon as the levitation spell was broken Sweetie jumped up and ran for the door but Rarity closed it and locked it behind her.

"Now let your sister catch up on her work, will you?" Rarity asked. Rarity re-entered the creation room and for the first time saw the mess. Her eyes moved slowly from the right to the left. She smiled. "Organized chaos, of course," She said to herself.

It truly was late. Even if she didn't want to admit it, it was. Rarity could barely keep her eyes open. She swayed from left to right like she had been given a tranquilizer. She managed to reach her desk and see yet another blank piece of paper.

"What am I going to do?" Rarity thought to herself. Rarity remembered something that happened to Twilight that was like this very situation. Twilight had forgotten to send a letter to the Princess and thus went a little over board on how she dealt with it. Rarity made a promise to herself that she would learn from Twilight and not turn a big problem into something major. She smiled to herself and closed her eyes, falling to sleep at last.