• Published 26th Jul 2012
  • 865 Views, 60 Comments

The Tale of Two Pegasi - PvtFlutters



A favor for Rarity turns into a fight for survival for Fluttershy.

  • ...
1
 60
 865

Chapter 10

The complex became darker as Fluttershy went deeper inside it. She didn't know why, but she knew that Sigma was near the bottom. She didn't know why, but she was almost certain that Sigma was near the bottom. She hadn't seen many guards; they must've figured that their security was too good for anyone to have made it this far.... but not any 'pony'. She had another theory about the lack of guards, though, and it was one she truly feared. The security may have been lifted because Sigma had been captured. She hoped that she was wrong- that this trip was all a waste of time and Sigma had returned to the camp to tell her he couldn't get in. But she 'knew' that he was here...somehow.

She found a staircase at the end of the hall and made her descent. How many flights of stairs had she gone down now? Three? Four? She hadn't kept track. At the bottom of the current staircase was a long narrow hall with jail cells to her left and right. It was lit only by small, dim lights that hung from the ceiling. This place frightened her to no end. It was like something out of a horror movie.

"Are you real?" voice said from the dark cell to her right. Fluttershy jumped, then slowly turned to the source of the voice. It was pitch black inside the cell, and impossible to see who it was.

"You must be the... pony Sigma told me about," the voice said. Fluttershy could tell it was the voice of a female, but it sounded weak and dying. "I thought Sigma was losing it... I guess not... but... no time for this," she said weakly. Fluttershy came closer to the cell bars.

"Is Sigma here?" Fluttershy asked, still trying to get a look at the woman. But it was impossible to see in there.

"Probably... I shouldn't have told him I was captured. He's always been prone to brash decisions," the woman replied.

"Who are you?" Fluttershy asked, still trying to get a glimpse of her.

"I'm Alpha." Fluttershy suddenly remembered back to when she first met Sigma and when he contacted Alpha over the radio. This was his partner.

Fluttershy began to hear footsteps at the top of the staircase.

"The cell across from me," Alpha said. Fluttershy nodded and sqeezed through the bars on the cell directly across from Alpha. She moved back to the darkest corner. For the first time in her life, she was happy to not be able to see her hoof in front of her face.

Moments later, two guards and a man in a black suit walked up to Alpha's cell.

"Congratulations, you will be set free today," the man in the black suit said to Alpha. Strange... Fluttershy understood this man... he must be the leader of this place. "Still don't feel like talking to us? Well that's alright. I'm sure your friend will after he sees that your life depends on it," the man in the black suit stated. "Take her to the interrogation room, and bring the other one too," he ordered. One guard opened the cell. All Fluttershy heard was a strong-sounding punch, and Alpha was dragged out of the cell.

She was wearing a tank top and military camouflage pants with boots. Blood was running from her mouth, nose, and forehead. She also had cuts and gashes of all shapes along her arms, most old and dried. But the most shocking thing was her fingers... or lack thereof. She was missing three from her left hand. What kind of people were these?!

As Alpha was dragged by her arms, Fluttershy saw something. Alpha looked directly at her, as if she was trying to tell her something. Fluttershy stayed silent until she heard the door at the end of the hall open and close.

"That must be the interrogation room," she said. Fluttershy was shivering. She was too afraid to move. Angel hopped in front of his yellow companion and gave her a smile. Fluttershy looked at him and gave a slight grin; it was all she could muster. Fluttershy took a few deep breaths and eventually calmed down. She squeezed through the bars and was now in front of Alpha's old cell. Alpha had left something for her but it was impossible to see inside. Perhaps that was the point.

If she could see inside, then so could the guards. Since it was pitch black, it was impossible for them to see what Alpha left for her. She squeezed through the bars to Alpha's cell and began her blind search. She slowly moved her hoof around on the floor, hoping that whatever Alpha left she'd bump into. After about a minute of searching, Fluttershy was ready to give up. Maybe Alpha didn't leave anything for her. After all, what could she have left? She must've been searched when she was captured.

Suddenly she felt 'something' on the floor. It was flat and kind of hard to pick up, but it was something. Eventually she got it and took it out into the dimly lit hallway. It was a key. Alpha must have snatched it off the guard when he hit her. But it wasn't much help to Fluttershy; after all, this complex was like a maze. How was she supposed to know what this key went to? She couldn't stick around to find out, though- someone was coming.

Fluttershy quickly got back into a cell and into the darkness. There were three guards and one other man... Sigma. He was handcuffed, shirtless, and had a bag over his head. The guards walked him to the interrogation room and led him inside. The door slammed shut behind them.
Fluttershy squeezed through the bars and looked at the door. Was she really going to do this? She tried to think up a possible outcome of entering the room... but nothing came. It was impossible for her to imagine what horrors were going on inside. She was more afraid of opening that door than anything else in the world. Fear was taking over again. Her newfound bravery was melting away at the very sight of that door... the door she was about to enter.