• Published 5th Apr 2018
  • 475 Views, 21 Comments

He Is The One - Loyal Defender



Young Loyal Defender wishes his life would just change from the boring mundane life of living on his own, to something more exciting and happy...little does he know, his wish is about to come true.

  • ...
11
 21
 475

The Vision

Loyal took off running, and was headed for Sugarcube Corner, until he was stopped by Princess Twilight, who was standing near a Royal Carriage. Fancy.

"Whoa, Twilight, what's all this?" I asked.

"Oh, umm... Listen, the thing is, we need to go to Canterlot. Princess Celestia wants to see us."

"Wow...that sounds incredibly important..." I replied.

Once Twilight got into the carriage, gesturing for me to climb in, I did so.

"Did she say what the issue was, or did she just say she needed us?"

Twilight giggled lightly. "Believe it or not, Celestia rarely tells anyone why she's called them until they actually arrive."

"So, basically she trolls ponies she calls upon a little bit?"

"Well, she is a bit of a prankster..."

"Isn't that a little bit undignified for a princess to do? Well, she is a princess...so it makes sense she decided what to do..."

"You'd think so, but she's a big fan of jokes."

"I'll bet."

Eventually, after a surprisingly short flight, and a few comments on Celestia being shared, we arrived at Canterlot, where Celestia was waiting by the castle entrance. "It's good to see you two could make it...there's been some trouble that I've been concerned about." She said.

"Yes? What is it, Princess Celestia?"

"I've had a vision...one I believe your human friend has had before..."

".....an old villain will return from Loyal's past...fictional or nonfictional....and it's up to you two and your friends to stop him...come with me..there's something Loyal will need.." Celestia began walking into the castle. I followed Celestia into the castle. "Come on, Twilight."

Twilight nodded and followed the two of them.

"There's a special set of armor that can defeat this villain....I know very little, but I know enough to know that said armor can be strong enough to withstand his attacks." Celestia explained.

Twilight was confused. She didn't know who Celestia was talking about.

"You may not realize this, but Loyal has had a past with...villains, as you have. But one villain would make a dramatic return.....the same villain who once lurked in Loyal's mind....this villain....is GHAAN."

"The only way to defeat Ghaan, as Loyal did before...is with the Magic of Friendship. You might not have noticed, but Loyal has bonded with three of you six. Or seven, including Starlight Glimmer." Celestia pressed her horn into a magical door, unlocking it to reveal....a steaming room. "Oh....eh....forget you saw that." Celestia said, removing her horn and pressing it into the door again, revealing a hidden passage.

Twilight snickered lightly at Celestia's mistake. "So, where do I come into this?"

"You must team up with your friends and Loyal, and provide as much assistance as possible to defeat Ghaan..

Celestia pulled out a suit of sky blue armor."This is the armor that will protect you from Ghann's evil power. Use it well..."

With that, Celestia began to leave the room. "Now, I must attend to some royal duties. You and Twilight may head back to Ponyville when ready..." And with that, she was gone.

"What? WHAT? I wasn't expecting THIS! What do we do? Where do we GO? Oh my gosh, what if we don't defeat him? What if...?"

Twilight was really freaking out. I gently grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Twilight, calm down. It's gonna be okay. I know you're freaked out, and you think we might not win...but I know we will. You have me, and you have the other six girls by your side. And nothing is going to change that. no matter what happens...we're on your side.." Loyal said, before embracing her.

"...Thank you..."

"We're here to support you. Everything's gonna be okay, Twilight..."

"Ohhh, I hope so..."

Loyal hugged Twilight closer. "Everything will be all right..." Twilight hugged him tightly.

Like all the the times before, a heart magically formed above the two, before it magically vanished.

After a few moments, I let go of Twilight. "Come on. Let's go back to Ponyville." Twilight and I headed back to the carriage, and rode back to Ponyville. Once we got off, and thanked the ponies pulling the carriage, they took off back into the sky.

"Okay, so Celestia was hinting that by bonding with each of you, we could grow strong enough to defeat Ghaan. I've bonded with Applejack, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and now you. So that leaves Pinkie, Rarity, and Starlight. I think I'll try going with Rarity next. So...I guess I'll see you around?"

"Fair enough!"

I waved goodbye to Twilight, and headed back into Ponyville. It wasn't hard to find the Carousel Boutique. I walked up to it, and knocked on the door.

"Just one moment please!"

I stood there, and patiently waited.

A moment later, the door opened. "Thank you for waiting, I just HAD to get this dress I was working on finished. What can I help you with?"

"Oh! Uh, is this a bad time then? Because I was planning on...bonding with you. And, I was needing to see if this.." I held Celestia's special armor out, "..would fit me. And you're pretty much the only fashionista I know who could figure that out."

Rarity's eyes widened at the sight of the armor. She knew exactly what armor it was. It was Celestia's legendary armor, said to only fit the truest of heroes. Still, she had to question it.

"Oh my! What is that... gorgeous garment you are holding?"

"It's from Princess Celestia. Apparently, there's some villain in my past that'll eventually return, and this armor is supposedly going to protect me from him. But I dunno if it even fits."

"W-well, come in, come in! Feel more than welcome to try it on!"

Loyal entered the shop, ducking at the last moment to avoid hitting his head on the door. Inside, he found several dresses line up neatly. "Wow...you've been busy, haven't you?"

"Well, yes. When I feel inspired, I just have to work! It's how an artist such as myself keeps moving forward."

"Well that's simple. I look at everything around me! I have an entire line walking around Canterlot inspired by things I saw while I was there. I do my best to make every dress one-of-a-kind, but, well, I do take special orders, and if someone wants a dress like another one I've made before, how can I possibly say no? Oh, unless it's that dress that became so stale OH so fast up in Canterlot. Now that was a disaster... ...Oh, I'm sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I?"

"Actually, that's quite informative. Now, let's see if this armor fits. You do have the tools to measure armor, right?"

"Well, I've never made ARMOR before... But maybe Twilight might have a book or something about it. Oh, or perhaps Princess Celestia. I'm sure Spike would be able to get it for us..."

Loyal noticed an odd looking button on the back of the helm. "Or....perhaps the armor can tell US..." Loyal pressed the button, and the armor began to shake, before enveloping Loyal in a sky-blue aura. "Okay, this is new.." The armor floated up, and opened up parts of its 'body', before flying onto Loyal's body. First his legs, then his chest, then arms and head, and then they clamped shut. Finally, majestic angel wings spread out from the back, giving off a heavenly glow.

"Uhh...what just happened?" I asked

"I'm.... not sure."

"Well, If it's on me...how do I look?"

"Well, it does look stunning."

""Good stunning or bad stunning?"

"Good of course!"

"It's very comfortable...except for one little issue.."

"Oh? What's that?"

"I can't figure out how to take it off..."

"Seriously, is there a switch to take it off..? Oh! Try pressing the button on the back of the helm!"

Rarity went up behind him and found the button, pressing it.

The armor quickly unclamped itself from Loyal, and removed itself, piling itself up nicely. The armor made Loyal's clothes look a bit torn, however. Rarity couldn't let this go uncorrected.

"Well...that's unfortunate." I commented, looking down at my clothes.

"Oh, no no no! I'm sure I can make you something new to replace those! Just give me some time is all."

"Uh...okay...I don't know how you'll make human clothes considering we're...different creatures or races. But okay."

"Well yes, that is true, it will be a challenge, but I've taken on challenges before! I'm certain if I set my mind to it I can make you something excellent!"

"Fair enough then. Nopony's stopping you."

Rarity smiled and trotted up the stairs. "I just need to get some fabrics!"

"Fair enough, then!"

Loyal stood there waiting about 7 minutes. He decided he wouldn't move a muscle.

Rarity came back down the stairs carrying a number of colored fabrics. "Now then, I'll need you to pick out a color."

"I'll go with...the orange."

"Right then! I shall get started right away!"

Loyal nodded in gratitude and approval.

Rarity took the fabrics over to her workstation and immediately set to work. Loyal didn't say a word, as to let her concentrate. As Rarity began to work, she started to hum a song. Loyal sat down on a nearby bench and just waited. He felt excited.

Meanwhile, a certain pink young filly heard of Loyal's....experience with Celestia. And she wanted to know about it. She headed towards into the Carousel Boutique. She peeked the door open, and saw Loyal, who saw her. "Oh, hey, Diamond."

"Hi! Hey, I heard you had an audience with Princess Celestia! What was the occasion?"

"A new villain is coming soon, and I gotta be ready, along with the girls, to take him down. He calls himself..."Ghaan.."

"So, how'd you hear of my visit?"

"I heard about it from Apple Bloom, who heard about it from Applejack, who heard about it from Pinkie Pie, who heard about it from Twilight, who was there with you to see it all happen."

"Well, you came just in time. Right now, my clothes are being replaced, since the 'legendary armor', tore my clothes."

"Huh. Well, I guess that happens sometimes...? Armor... tearing your... I'm sorry, I can't relate to that."

"Yeah! Not since you guys had to go up north I think. Things have been pretty great though."

"How so?"

"Oh, things are just swell at Sweet Apple Acres is all. I haven't heard from mom in ages, but Apple Bloom's family is so nice to me!"

"Well, they're honestly better than her. Your mom , I mean."

"How are they treating you? How's the farm life? Funny I'm asking, considering I live on it, too.."

"Yeah, I know it. Mom... was pretty awful."

(Not just awful...disrespectful....rude...I wouldn't be surprised if she were specist."

"Oh, they're treating me like a member of the family! It's actually pretty refreshing, living on a farm. There's like fresh air everywhere."

"Well, at least there's not the smell of money everywhere....heh....heh....I suddenly don't find that funny.."

"Done! Okay, how does this look?"

"It....looks fabulous!"

"Oh, I'm so glad you like it! I've had clients not like the work I did for them before and while the customer is always right it does... eh... hurt ever so slightly... when they don't like the work I put in for them."

"Ohhhh, thank you, darling!" Rarity smiled and clapped her hooves together.

"Might I....try it on..?"

"Of course you may! The dressing rooms are over there."

Loyal took the garment, and headed into the dressing rooms.

A minute later, he came back out. The orange shirt looked just amazing

"Excellent! It looks so perfect!"

"I like it! It's definitely my color!"

"It really is, isn't it? I wonder if I might be able to make anything else for you..."

"I think I'll be fine. MY pants are intact."

"If you say so.."

Loyal approached Diamond. "How do I look? Heroic, or LEGENDARY?"

"You definitely look heroic!" Diamond smiled.

"And it's thanks to Ponyville's most dependable fashionista."

"Oh, you are quite welcome!"

Both Loyal and Rarity felt so happy, that yet another heart formed and magically dissipated. Another bond formed...another strength developed.

Author's Note:

Now, Ghaan WAS a villain from a previous story....unfortunately, the site I did the roleplay on was taken down, so it's no longer there.