• Published 3rd Apr 2018
  • 409 Views, 2 Comments

Queen Galaxia's filly and other little pony tails - abrony-mouse



The title refers to Celestia and some of the stories do revolve around her, but many of the stories go beyond those characters to focus on ideas/feelings/scenarios which I give a pony theme.

  • ...
 2
 409

Sunset over Equestria

Sunset grimaces internally as another pony steps past Celestia to greet her. Celestia had made it seem as though the gala would be impressive, but it was just a procession of pointless ponies.

Sunset wriggles her little pony flank irritably iside her shimmering cyan dress and steals a look back at it, admiring the way the flaming red/yellow sun appeared to illuminate the diaphanous fabric.

Her eyes flick forward to the latest mediocrity to say something meaningless to her. Sunset coos phatically back and, to her intense disappointment, is rewarded by a reasurring smile from her mentor.

Celestia had seemed so imposing at first. So important. But she wasn't. She was just as vacuous and empty as everypony else. She would rather fritter her time away on pointless socialising than achieve anything. But Sunset didn't need her anymore. She had found another place. A place where she wouldn't just be Celestia's little cheerleader.

Author's Note:

Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOoNRjOWLBQ