• Published 3rd Apr 2018
  • 395 Views, 2 Comments

Queen Galaxia's filly and other little pony tails - abrony-mouse



The title refers to Celestia and some of the stories do revolve around her, but many of the stories go beyond those characters to focus on ideas/feelings/scenarios which I give a pony theme.

  • ...
 2
 395

There is a time when the lights will arise (a Princess Amore story)

Princess Amore's little knees trembled a little as she clambered up the long flight of crystal stairs to the very top of the Crystal Palace Tower. This was not a time for playing mock jousts or making crystal accessories but she was now Old Enough to see mother Hyaline Quartz about her Royal Duty and Her Future and she knew this would be serious. The crystal filly was dressed in full ceremonial attire, including the ornate crystal broach - a yellow heart encased with blue - which she had received at the coming of age ceremony the day before.

At the apex of the crystal tower glowed the crystal heart, the priceless artifact of the crystal ponies which they celebrated at festival time. Next to the heart was the pink crystal form of her mother, her deep radiance magnified by the magic of the Heart. Amore saw that her mother was turned away from her, and as Amore neared she saw to her shock that her eyes were closed.

"Amore, why do you think we celebrate the Heart?" her mother began cryptically. Amore looked down, caught off guard and unsure of how to respond; she shuffled her peach hooves uncertainly. "Uh, isn't it because of the night?" she replied - in the crystal school and at the festival it was just assumed that it was good - that it kept out the darkness, but nothing she had read or heard ever really went into detail.

"No Amore; hate flees before love as night flees before the sunrise and that is good, but that is not why we celebrate it. The Crystal ponies of old worshipped the sun until they learned that it cared naught for their worship and that is why some of them listened to The Darkness." her mother replied.

"B-but t-then why do we celebrate the Heart?" Amore asked, feeling silly. Now Hyaline looked down at her filly, smiling encouragingly at the little one's diffidence, "I think you know Amore." Amore puzzled for a while and turned to the heart which seemed to blaze for a moment. "B-because it cares for us?" she wondered.

"In a sense. It is the stored love of the Crystal ponies for the light, not merely the light of the sun but the light of love that we all carry for one another ." Amore nooded, "Oh of course!" assuming in her foalish innocence that this was straightforward. "Amore, you must understand... not all crystal ponies give love to the heart - not even at the celebration." she paused to let the significance of this sink in. "Then why should we share it with them?" Amore asked incredulous at the idea of such strange behaviour. "Because the Crystal Princess is the glorious mother of the heart of the world." she replied - unsatisfactorily so Amore thought.

Author's Note:

Inspired by https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCbI7RqFINQ