• Published 31st Mar 2018
  • 722 Views, 11 Comments

Darkness Rising - Bronyprophet



In the cold icy lands of the Crystal Empire, Roams a black unicorn, weakened from an epic battle, a blizzard rolls in and he finds refuge in the caverns of the Empire, and there he waits for his time to come, a time of revenge.

  • ...
3
 11
 722

Chapter 5 The Plot Thickens

It wasn't long till Shining, and Cadance had packed their belongings, and started making their journey to Ponyville. As Chrysalis saw them leave, she smiled inwardly, and walked outside, disguised as a guard pony, after waiting a few minutes to make sure Cadence had completely left, before transforming into Cadance, and re-approached the castle again, the guard stood at attention.

She sat upon Cadances throne, making herself comfortable, before chuckling under her breath, so the guards couldn't hear her. Her plan had been working, and now she could start the first phase of her devilish plan, to take over Equestria.

Finally taking her revenge on Novas' daughters, Celestia, and Luna. She would corrupt them, turning them into their alter evils, to fight Twilight, and eventually she would claim Twilight as one of her evil pawns, in her devious game of chess.

After she had finished her small victory laugh, she sent a fire message to Sombra, telling him to stay on the edge of the border, to prepare to receive his first squad of soldiers, hand-delivered to him.

Sombra did as he was requested, and set up just on the border, avoiding detection, he was ready, and he was waiting. Chrysalis ordered Cadances guards to patrol that specific area, she made up a story saying that she thought they had enemies on their borders, waiting to take over the empire once more. Which in a way, it wasn't a lie, just a bend in the truth.

The guards began their patrol at roughly 18:00, they had been making the rounds, there were about seven guards tasked with the patrol, and it started off normal, with nothing but the arctic lights guiding their way, however as the night progressed, the group of seven started to shrink, and it wasn't long till there was only one guard left. he turned around, and drew his sword shakily.

"Hell... Hello, anyone out there. Um, guys... This isn't that funny you know, it's my first patrol out here. yeah, I know rouse the greenhorn, but... but this is not funny, I'm freaking out. GUYS!" The rookie stated starting to panic, his heart thumped in his chest, his breaths became sharp, his knees started to buckle, underneath him.

Sombra appeared in front of the new soldier, the soldier jumped, dropping his weapon. He cowered, his body trembling with fear, as he looked at a black unicorn, with two big green eyes staring at him, with a menacing smirk on his face. The rookie knew this pony from his studies in the academy, it was Sombra, but he thought he was seeing a ghost, he knew spike destroyed him, the last time he returned.

It wasn't long till Sombras horn ignited the beautiful night sky, with an eerie red magic, filling the young guards' mind with visions of an army the size of a small nation, his mind was also assaulted with horrifying visages, of the same guards he was patrolling with, being tortured, and eventually, being brutally killed. The rookie started to panic, he screamed and ran back to the Crystal Empire, straight to Cadance, or so he thought.

"ha, ha, ha, everything is going precisely as planned." Sombra chuckled, as he watched the guard sprint off to the Crystal Castle, with delicious fear upon his face, and in his eyes.

The guard stormed through the Castle Gates, his eyes still green from the influence of Sombras' mind trick, the pony ran up to Cadance, and stated, trembling with fear.

"The...the squad, they... they were all killed... Som... Sombra has returned. we must... must evacuate, there is no time... he... he has a giant army!" The young guard screamed, his mind lost to fear.

"That can't be right, Spike destroyed him, I saw it!" Cadance replied.

"Most Excellently done Sombra, he's believable, now I'll have an excuse to send you more troops, although he was mentally scarred, it was worth it indeed." Chrysalis thought to herself, before responding in Cadances' voice. "Someone takes this pony to the medical ward, he needs to recover, I also need another seven volunteers to investigate, this rumor." As Cadance stated this another seven crystal guards stood up, fired up to avenge their comrades.


Meanwhile in Ponyville, Twilight had been expecting visitors, and they had arrived moments ago. The small group had been having a tea party together, when Starlight Glimmer walked in, with Thorax at her side. Thorax had been visiting Ponyville more often, since becoming Starlights' colt friend.

"Hello Starlight Glimmer, what brings you, and Thorax here?" Cadance waved at Starlight, hailing the two to join them, for tea, to catch up on things. Cadance had taken a liking to Starlight and was interested in what she was up to, whenever she visited Twilight.

"Well, Thorax and I are actually a couple, and we wanted to spend some time together." Starlight blushed furiously, as she started bashfully tapping her forehoof on the crystal floor, making a faint clacking sound.

"That's lovely, you two make a cute couple, and I can see the both of you working out. You will make a fine wife someday Starlight." Cadance replied kindly, she was happy that Starlight had met somepony she liked.

"W-W-W-Wife!" Starlight stammered, before turning bright red.

Cadance chuckled, at Starlights reaction, so did Twilight, she remembered seeing something like this in the human world, that her human doppelganger showed her a while back. It reminded her of an anime.

Thorax scratched the back of his head before replying bashfully, picking up Starlight, who fainted recently. "Oh no, I think I should take her to her room, so she can recover," Thorax replied, attempting to hide his own awkward blush.

"He's so sweet, they are perfect for each other, they remind me of what I was like when I was in school with shining. Speaking of relationships, when are you going to find a partner Twilight." Cadance stated as she took a sip of her tea.

"Well actually, I don't want a partner, but Celestia and Luna, have set up a date for me, I am so terribly nervous," Twilight replied tapping her two front hooves together, anxiously, with a slight blush.

"I remember when Celestia, and Luna, played matchmaker with me, it was terrible, they set me up with that bonehead jock, Buck Withers, but that's the past now, I'm sure he will like you Twilight, you're my beautiful little ladybug, and I'm sure the stallion you meet will see that two. What's the stallions name?" Cadance smiled playfully.

"His name is, Star Shield apparently, he is some well-respected knight from Trottinghem. Though he isn't supposed to be here till next month." Twilight explained casually

"Well Twily, if he hurts you, you tell me, and I'll set him straight!" Shining Armour chirped in, protectively.

"Why do you have to be so Protective, Shiny!?" Twilight replied indignantly, screwing her face at him.

"Hey, simmer down Twily, if I didn't protect you, then I wouldn't be your B.B.B.F.F." Shining stated, with a playful smirk, causing Twilight to poke her tongue at him. Shining Chuckled at her reaction, and the growing blush on her face.

"I'm sure she will be fine dear, she is a big girl, and can handle herself." Cadance replied, winking at Twilight, earning a small smile, from her sister in law.